Weddings By Mathew Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Deanna O. Married on 09/10/2021

Beautiful ceremony

Mathew was professional and the ceremony went exactly as planned. Would recommend!
    Erin S. Married on 09/02/2021

Matt is THE Best!!

We loved Matt! We wanted a laid back elopement and he delivered. He was super flexible, responsive, and is a really cool dude. Highly recommend.
    Brooke W. Married on 09/01/2021

Amazing.. Matt exceeded our expectations.

Matt is professional and friendly.. honestly it felt like having another friend/family member at our service with us. I will 100% recommend him to anyone getting married.

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Thanks so much for having me, it truly means the world to see the smiles in every couples face. I’m always down for a wedding adventure, and that’s exactly what you gave me. 💙💙
  • Heather
    Heather R. Married on 08/28/2021

Awesome to work with

What can I say, Mathew was easy to work. Gave options on ceremony verbiage and was professional about our options.
    Justine B. Married on 08/27/2021

Perfect fit for a perfect day

Mathew was exceptional from our first interaction to our wedding day. Our vows were personalized to what we wanted and made it memorable. There wasn’t anyone in the room who wasn’t impressed. We enjoyed every minute of our wedding day. Thank you for listening to us and being exceptional in work. You made us very happy to have you as our officiant.

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

This means so much, this is why I do weddings. All my couples are amazing and unique by having their own stories. Thank you for allowing me the honor to be your officiant! 💙💙
  • Kylie
    Kylie A. Married on 07/17/2021

Great Experience!

Mathew was so accommodating and helped everything really come together on our wedding. We could not have asked for a better officiant!

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

This means so much, it was absolutely a pleasure to work with you and make your day special. Thank you for the honor! 💙💙
    Danielle B. Married on 05/29/2021

Officiant for my wedding

Mathew is amazing everything that could have went wrong went wrong for my wedding from electric going out to rain(they say its good luck) Mathew was there threw it all and never complained about having to do a ceremony in the rain outside cause thats what I wanted. He listened to everything I had to say to fit it in to my wedding if your looking for a unique ceremony definitely choose Mathew you won't regret it.
  • Julia
    Julia D. Married on 05/15/2021

Julia & Jay Degnegaard

Mathew was the perfect fit for our wedding! He kept in contact with us and walked us through everything. He was insistently part of our family and everyone liked him. Mathew made our special day more memorable than we could've ever imagined

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, it truly means so much. It was such a pleasure to work with you and make your marriage official. Please keep in touch. 💙💙
  • Robert
    Robert G. Married on 05/13/2021

Wedding stress gone!

With all the stress that comes with planning a wedding and finding an officiant. Working with Mathew was no stress at all. We had a very short ceremony and it was exactly what my wife and I wanted. We cannot recommend him more highly!

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was a beautiful day, and a beautiful spot to have the ceremony. I wish you both the best. Please stay in touch. 💙💙
    Tasha C. Married on 05/08/2021

The perfect officiant!

He was an awesome officiant for our wedding! He was also very helpful with all our questions! We would highly recommend him.

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, it truly means so much to have worked with you and make your day special. 💙💙
    Mary W. Married on 04/23/2021

Wonderful service

Mathew was wonderful, he made the vow renewal very easy for us. We wanted to use a specific ceremony and our own handfasting cord and he was very accommodating. He answered questions in a timely manner, explained our service to our guests perfectly, and even explained the colors used in our handfasting cord something I hadn't even thought of. Matthew was patient even when I was a few minutes late. He also presented us with a certificate for our vow renewal which gave us the perfect item to remember the event. Overall I would highly recommend matthew not only was he thoughtful, and professional, but he also did everything he could to make our day special. Thank you Mathew!

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, it was truly a pleasure to work with you and make your day special.
    Athena Married on 01/30/2021

The vow guy is amazing!

I am so happy we chose Mathew for our wedding! He took everything I wanted and turned it into an amazing ceremony. He answered all my questions and even came to me before the ceremony to see if I had any last questions or issues. I can’t thank him enough for taking the time that he did working with us to make sure it was everything we wanted! If you are even questioning it...Just go with him because you won’t be disappointed!

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Athena, this means so much, my goal with every couple is to make sure they are taken care of every step of the way. Thank you for the honor of being your officiant, and thank you for trusting me. Many years of love and happiness to you and Ryan.
  • Brandie
    Brandie G. Married on 01/23/2021

Perfect Wedding

We highly recommend The Vow Guy! Affordable, friendly, and insightful on making our day perfect!

Brandie,

thank you so much for the kind words, it was an absolute honor to work with you and Rafael. I wish you all the best, and stay safe.
  • Christina
    Christina A. Married on 01/01/2021

An absolute joy to work with on our vow renewal

My husband, Joseph, and I reached out to Mathew for our vow renewal ceremony near Snowshoe WV. Mathew was extremely flexible and worked with us on the location and ceremony itself. Afterwards since it was just the two of us he helped with photos. Mathew was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him. In fact we will most likely work with him again on our next vow renewal.

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, I am so glad I had the honor of working with you both. Please stay safe and I hope to see you next years.
  • Kasia
    Kasia Married on 12/08/2020

Beautiful ceremony - thanks to Mathew!

Like many 2020 couples, my husband and I took the ever-changing pandemic situation in stride and changed our wedding plans from a microwedding to a true elopement (just the two of us), away from big crowds, in the quiet mountains of West Virginia. Being from out of state, I found Mathew through some internet research, and could not be happier! Mathew is always very quick to respond, and always does so with a reassuring tone, which I really appreciated. He took the time to get to know us, and asked detailed questions about what we wanted included in our ceremony. He shared the script with us beforehand, too (we had zero edits!). Even though he had to drive 3+ hours to our location, he arrived early, and graciously hiked a bit to our cliffside ceremony location with us - in a suit! Although we were not with our families and friends, Mathew made us feel very comfortable and at ease sharing our vows privately. Thank you Mathew for your professionalism, reliability, flexibility, and openness!

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

This truly means so much, I love what I do, and I love my couples. You and Sean were excellent to work with, thank you for the honor. 💙💙
  • Phillip
    Phillip W. Married on 12/05/2020

The Vow guy is The best Guy

From the first phone call to the day of the wedding Matt was very professional answered all of our questions. Went over the ceremony before rehearsal so we understood better. He was very personable and awsome to work with. We would highly recommend his services to anyone and everyone. Thanks again Matt

Phillip,

I cannot thank you and Sierra enough for allowing me another wedding journey, at my favorite venue in Maryland. I hope you guys are well, staying safe, and have a very Merry Christmas. Thank you for the kind words.

Mathew
    The Vow Guy
  • Chris
    Chris B. Married on 09/25/2020

He’s awesome!

Mathew made it clear from day one that he was here to help his couples however he could. He was fun, professional, and super responsive with communication. He eased our anxieties and helped us have the sweetest, simplest ceremony we could’ve asked for. Highly recommended!

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, it truly means so much to work with so many amazing couples like you and Shawn. Please keep in touch and if you ever want Secret Sandwich, dinner will be on me.
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra H. Married on 09/04/2020

Our experience was amazing

I am so glad we found Mathew to officiate our wedding. He’s affordable, and will work with you whatever your vision is! We originally planned a wedding with family, but 1 month before we decided to elope due to COVID. He didn’t mind at all that we changed everything so close to the date. We hiked to our wedding, and he was very accommodating. I would 10/10 recommend his services. He’s a great guy!

Alex,

Thank you so much for the kind words, it truly means so much to have worked with you and Jesse, and made your day special. The view was spectacular, especially in the evening. Thank you again,

Mathew
    Emily M. Married on 08/23/2020

Couldn’t have asked for a better officiant!

Mathew was able to perform our ceremony on such short notice and for that we are so grateful. He was very easy to communicate with, he was on time, and so many of our guests complimented his thoughtful and heartfelt ceremony. I would 100% recommend him to any local brides.

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

This means so much, I cannot thank you enough for the honor I had to make your day official. I truly am blessed, and I love what I do, thanks again.
    Kiara W. Married on 08/17/2020

Amazing, just book him!

Absolutely a wonderful officiant!! Matthew will go above and beyond to make your wedding super special. Very professional, and really cares about his couples. Not only will you have a wonderful experience with him but a personal experience!! Just book him for your special day!! 💜
    Brandi W. Married on 06/29/2020

Mathew’s Review

Mathew was fantastic! He worked with us and made sure our ceremony was everything we wanted! He made everything so easy. Highly recommend!!
  • F
    Felicia D. Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing experience with Mathew Anderson

I actually found Mathew on a fb wedding page. He was very quick to respond to any questions I had. He also emailed me a copy of the ceremony so I could look over and edit anything I needed/wanted to. He also was willing to drive 2 hours to our venue. He was very prompt on his arrival to our venue. I was running a little behind finishing getting ready. He never once tried to rush me in anyway. During the exchanging of vows I, of course, got a little emotional. Mathew spoke very clear and shorten the words I needed to repeat after him from 5 to 2-3 words so I wouldn't have any issues remembering what I needed to say because I was emotional. He also made sure he congratulated us afterwards. He also allowed us to pick who we wanted to sign as a witness on our license. He was very thoughtful and left us a very nice thank you card for choosing him for our special day.

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Thank you so much Felicia for the kind words, I am very sorry you had trouble finding an officiant, but very thankful you found me. Congratulations again, and I hope we can have coffee in the future. 💙💙
  • Andrew
    Andrew R. Married on 06/12/2020

The perfect fit.

Matthew was wonderful. He was timely, professional and excellent in preforming his duties. The go anywhere marry man. With short notice, Matthew was able to create a custom experience for our special day.

Weddings By Mathew's reply:

Andrew, this means so much, thank you for allowing me to expand Weddings by Mathew to new heights. It was an absolute honor.
    Kori T. Married on 07/05/2019

Mat was very responsive, helpful and made our ceremony stress free

Our wedding was perfect mainly because we had the perfect ceremony which was all thanks to Mat. The ceremony is the MOST important part of a wedding. We were looking for a very personal and custom ceremony because my husband and I both lost a parent before our wedding and we wanted to honor them and make their presence known as part of our ceremony. Something that I couldn’t find any examples of on the Internet. I explained this to Mat and he was willing to work with us until we got exactly what we wanted. Very thankful for finding such an dedicated officant and now gaining a friend thru the wedding process! I would highly recommend him.
    Charlene K. Married on 07/04/2019

Matthew was curious, professional and caring.

Or ceremony was a family one. Wer chose the sand ceremony and also wanted to incorporate the groom giving my daughter aged 8 a ring to symbolize or family unity. Matthew wad able to incorporate jet ring in the ceremony with ease with only an hours notice. Our ceremony was exactly what wer wanted and was done with family encouragement. Wer could not have asked for anything more.