Weddings by Larissa Reviews

102 | New York, NY

102 Reviews for Weddings by Larissa

Nilay · Married on 07/09/2016

Larissa was fantastic for us. She made us feel completely at ease during the ceremony, and gave us the exact ceremony we wanted. She worked to customize our cross-cultural ceremony for us. We got a lot of praise from guests at the reception with the ceremony. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Caroline · Married on 06/20/2016

Larissa was wonderful to deal with and put us at ease while planning our wedding from New Zealand. We had regular e-mail correspondence from her plus a few Skype chats which made meeting her for the first time so much easier. Our wedding ceremony was just what we wanted (very personal) and our day couldn't have been more perfect. We would highly recommend Larissa to give you a day to remember.

Sent on 07/11/2016
  • Y

Yifan · Married on 06/11/2016

We were so lucky to have Larissa officiate our wedding! Larissa is such an elegant lady and it was an absolute pleasure to work with her. She is super prompt in her reply even under short notice, extremely patient and professional. She crafted a beautiful customized ceremony for us, arrived way ahead of time (believe it or not, some other officiants charge in 15 minute blocks if the ceremony starts later than planned), brought two outfits for me to choose from, made sure to talk and rehearse with our flower girl and ring bearer to make sure they were completely comfortable with her. We loved working with her and she was everything we were looking for. We would highly recommend Larissa!

Sent on 06/26/2016

In helping my son and his fiance organize their wedding from overseas you can imagine the challenges that brought! Having found a wonderful wine cellar in Il Buco Restaurant in So Ho we needed to find someone to marry them. This was the most important part for the them. Someone who would do their story justice and work with them so they could have the service they wanted. From the moment the "kids" met Larissa they said,"She was wonderful. She was interested in us, wanted to hear all about how we met and the journey we have been on. We loved her and she is who we want to marry us!" Goodness they were so right. Larissa emailed them constantly before the wedding day, was there on time waiting for them and spoke beautifully giving the service the dignity and class they wanted. From the Bride and Groom's families ...THANK YOU Larissa for giving our children the wedding they wanted.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Nina · Married on 04/22/2016

My husband and I really wanted to have a close friend officiant our small wedding ceremony but Larissa was the most amazing officiant we could have ever asked for. We loved how she got to know us with a extreme long questionnaires that she used to learn about us, individually and a a couple, and incorporate it all into our ceremony. We met Larissa once before our actual wedding day and we immediately felt comfortable with her and felt her sincerity. The wedding ceremony was super personalized and was charming due to her bright and sweet personality. Larissa truly enjoys her job and it shows with the the amount of effort and beauty she brings to a ceremony. She was a big part of making our day so wonderful and we are lucky to have found her.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Brandy · Married on 04/10/2016

I came across Larissa's profile on Wedding Wire and read amazing reviews so I decided to contact her. Larissa quickly responded and we discussed what I was looking for in an officiant. It became clear, very early on, that she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. She was professional, engaging, and made our ceremony so personal and intimate. It was such a pleasure working with Larissa and I would highly recommend her. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Morgan · Married on 03/18/2016

Larissa was so warm and friendly from start to finish, when we finally met her in person right before the ceremony we felt like we'd been friends for ages and were really comfortable with her. Leading up to our wedding she made a big effort to get to know us individually and as a couple, and created a beautiful ceremony to suit us. She was very flexible, and nothing was a problem. Our friends and family all commented on how lovely she and the ceremony were, and we would highly recommend Larissa to anyone else.

Sent on 04/10/2016

Jess · Married on 03/14/2016

I am not even really sure where to start!! Larissa is absolutely amazing!
    On our wedding day, we had random cyclonic weather - I am Australian and am no stranger to erratic weather but this was wild! As we were en route to our wedding spot Larissa managed to secure a new location out of the weather! Our wedding day ran smoothly and we stayed dry!
    Nothing was too difficult - I asked 1 million questions about the day and even suggestions for local florists & hair salons and Larissa was very helpful.
    Everything was seamless & perfect and I could not recommend Larissa more to anyone getting married in NYC - she is simply the best!
    Anyone reading this review should get in touch with Larissa immediately :) x

Sent on 03/31/2016

Donnette · Married on 03/06/2016

Larissa made our ceremony special and memorable. Our family and friends are still talking about our ceremony. Larissa personalized our ceremony, giving it a sweet romantic feel. Also, I was anxious from running late and she was patient, letting me know not to worry it will be ok. It was more than ok. It was beautiful.

Sent on 03/08/2016

Karl and Eve · Married on 03/05/2016

“Enchanting…”, “Magical…”, “The best ceremony I have ever had the pleasure of attending…” These are a few of comments circulating around from our guests. Even our videographer said that “He had never shot a more perfect ceremony.” Hiring Larissa was arguably the best decision we made in our wedding at the Brooklyn Winery.
    After interviewing many of the top rated officiants in New York City, Larissa stood out to us as the best. She made an incredible first impression with us, her presence can be described as articulate, spiritual and warm. One distinction that sets Larissa apart from other officiants that we interviewed was her focus on delivering a ceremony that was catered to our wishes. At no point did she pressure us to make the ceremony anything, but what we wanted. Most importantly we instantly trusted Larissa to handcraft a beautiful ceremony that we will remember forever, she went above and beyond our expectations and the result was absolutely incredible.
    Larissa provided us with a comprehensive questionnaire that we each filled out separately-what she did with our answers left us in awe. The flow of our ceremony was flawless-it incorporated moments of laughter and moments that epitomized the love that we both have for each other. She also had questions for us regarding potential variations after sending the first draft. This made the editing process painless and easy (there were barely any edits). We couldn’t be happier with the final product and it made the days leading up to our wedding even more exciting.
    The day of our wedding-Larissa was there early to do a run through with us. She graciously dealt with our day-of wedding planner, orchestrating our music and all other logistics revolving around our ceremony with ease. When Larissa officiated our ceremony she spoke from her heart and it was done without any errors or missteps. It had our guests in tears and even though we had read the ceremony beforehand it was still just as emotional for us.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Brian · Married on 02/06/2016

Larissa was wonderful. She worked with us throughout the whole process and together we came up with the perfect ceremony. She is friendly and professional and easy to work with. It was better than I could have ever imagined. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a celebrant.

Sent on 02/16/2016

Alicia · Married on 02/06/2016

Larissa was so great, I couldn't have ask for anyone better! She accommodated our every need and was so happy to do so! She made the ceremony so personal and accommodated the price to what we asked for ceremony wise. She provided the sweetest witness to our elopement and then gave us super fun recommendations for things to do in NYC as we were from Texas. We loved them both and can't say enough, if you are looking for the perfect officiant then look no further than her!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 02/17/2016

jessica · Married on 10/24/2015

We had the best experience with Larissa - she was a true professional, and helped make planning ceremony an easy and enjoyable process. We received SO many compliments on our ceremony; our guests couldn't believe Larissa was only a vendor we hired, and not a life long friend! She was really responsive to all my questions whether it was on email or phone, and she had really great suggestions to make our non-religious ceremony stand out. All in all, a great vendor!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2015

Wow...where to begin? Larissa was amazing! Of all the required reviews above I would put them in order with flexibility being at the top of the list. My wife and I had another officiant lined up for our special day...but unfortunately about 5 weeks before our ceremony had to make other arrangements due to personal issues. She could not have put us in touch with a better person! As we arrived at our venue we clicked with her right away. She is very warm and welcoming. Her process of writing a script that is fitting for each couple is amazing. The script was beautiful and perfect in every way. Thank you Larissa for performing our special day.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2015

Larissa did an amazing job officiating the wedding of my wife and I. She was so down to earth and made us feel very comfortable. Her scripts were beautifully written and could not of asked for any better. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone. Thanks again Larissa for working with us in such a short time. Love your accent by the way!☺️

Sent on 10/19/2015

Joel · Married on 10/11/2015

Larissa was an amazing officiant. She was very flexible in meeting with me and my fiancé as we both have very busy schedules. She came and met us by our offices for a short coffee break so she could better get to know us and provide a personalized ceremony. And don’t worry, her British accent is very slight and none of my guests had any issues understanding her. On the wedding day Larissa shined, providing a memorable and heartfelt ceremony that I will remember forever. Numerous guests approached me and let me know that our ceremony was their favorite ceremony that they had ever attended. Larissa was able to personalize the ceremony to my and my fiancé’s personalities. We love humor and Larissa sprinkled in very humorous jokes throughout the ceremony that had the audience laughing out loud but she was also able to maintain a professional and serious tone. The ceremony went perfectly and I couldn’t have asked for more from my officiant. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2015

We had the most beautiful wedding ceremony thanks to Larissa. She took the time to get to know us and learn our story which she incorporated into our ceremony. It was a one of a kind event that went above and beyond what we ever expected our wedding could be like. Everything was absolutely perfect! I highly recommend Larissa as a wedding celebrant!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Andrew · Married on 10/03/2015

Larissa did an amazing job officiating our wedding on Oct 3, 2015! She took the time to get to know me and my wife before our wedding date and by the time the big day came she knew us well enough so that the ceremony had a very personal feel. The overall feel of the ceremony was exactly what we were looking for - it had some funny moments but was very warm and romantic. I'd highly recommend Larissa as a celebrant for your wedding!

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • Y

Yelay · Married on 09/20/2015

Larissa was referred to us by another officiant who was unavailable for our wedding date, which turned out for the best anyway! Larissa is incredibly warm, personable, and accommodating. We both aren't too familiar with wedding ceremonies as we are the first of our friend group to get married, but we knew that we didn't want it to be religious and we wanted it to be light and fun. Even though we didn't want any religious aspects to the ceremony, she seemed well-versed in many customs and was able to offer suggestions for vows and ring exchanges. Once we filled out the questionnaire, Larissa wrote a draft within days and was accommodating to the changes we suggested. Larissa always was quick to respond to emails and is just a fun and kind presence to be around the day of the wedding, which was very important to me as I am a very laid back person and didn't want to be around nervous energy. Larissa took care of mailing the license, showed up on time, and did a great job at the ceremony. We would definitely recommend her as an officiant!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Larissa exceeded our expectations of an officiant! She was open to working very closely with us on our ceremony and listened to all of our wishes. The words she wrote were beautiful, and the ceremony ended up being exactly what we wanted - short, personal and warm. We never felt like we were one of many with Larissa - she was always genuinely excited to hear from us, and eventually, take part in our wedding. We wish we could get married all over again so we could work with her a second time! We will definitely be recommending her to all of our friends looking for an officiant who can customize and personalize a ceremony.

Sent on 09/25/2015

If you are searching for a wedding officiant? STOP! your search has ended. Larissa is truly spectacular. We planned a last minute wedding in under three weeks, Larissa made room in her schedule for us, came to meet us, and instantly became part of the family.
    She is energetic and sweet, yet focused and professional.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Laura · Married on 08/27/2015

When we booked our wedding in Central Park from the UK, we didn't really think about what kind of person we would like to officiate our ceremony, nor would we have known if we had considered it. However, as soon as we met Larissa, we realised that she is everything we could have asked for. She was so warm and friendly that it did not feel like a stranger was officiating at all.

Our ceremony was non traditional in a few ways - firstly in that it was a same-sex marriage, secondly we had removed all religious connotations from the ceremony wording, and thirdly, we have written our own vows entirely. Larissa took all this in her stride, and performed the ceremony flawlessly. She was also clearly passionate about what she does, and appreciates how special a day it is for the couple getting married and the emotions surrounding the ceremony and the day.

The admin side of the wedding was also dealt with so efficiently by Larissa - she oversaw the completion of the marriage license on the day, sent it to the NYC City Clerks office to be registered, and had posted it back to the UK with a lovely note to arrive 3 days after we returned from NYC, a week after the ceremony.

All in all, we couldn't recommend Larissa highly enough, and truly believe the ceremony just wouldn't have been as heartfelt and special as it was if someone else had been our officiant - Thank you Larissa!

Laura & Louise

Sent on 09/21/2015

Marjorie · Married on 08/22/2015

Larissa Martell is authentic, down to earth and just wonderfully positive. Her cheerful vibes made us smile throughout the ceremony.We are happy we chose her as our celebrant (honestly, I knew immediately after interviewing that she was the right fit).

We held a small ceremony on a sailboat off Manhattan and Larissa performed a ceremony which reflected us. The process of writing the ceremony was easy and she worked collaboratively to make edits. She was even able to give me recommendations for hair and makeup a few days before the wedding.

The day of the ceremony, she went above and beyond and actually helped us to decorate the boat. We think very few officiants would have been so helpful and easygoing. It is clear she enjoys officiating weddings with her constant smiles.

I recommend her to anyone who wants a stress free and happy celebrant experience. Larissa is great!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Heather · Married on 07/11/2015

Larissa stepped in when our original officiant had to cancel. She immediately met with us and we had a great feeling about her so we booked her on the spot. We wanted a very simple wedding, however Larissa tailored the entire ceremony to our relationship which was wonderful. She sent us the draft to review and was in constant contact throughout the process. On the wedding day she arrived on time and did a great job. You will be in good hands with Larissa.

Sent on 07/20/2015

jared · Married on 06/05/2015

Very fun and energetic, also very easy to talk to.

Sent on 06/10/2015