Weddings by Larissa Reviews

102 | New York, NY

102 Reviews for Weddings by Larissa

Sile and David · Married on 06/14/2018

We found Larissa on a recommendation and we cannot say enough about her. Getting Married in another country can be stressful and confusing, but Larissa was always there to answer any questions. The day itself was amazing! She made the ceremony so special for us both and we cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thanks Sile and David. What a beautiful ceremony that was! I hope you had a fabulous rest of the trip and safe travels home.

Roza · Married on 05/26/2018

Larissa was thoughtful, funny, and such a pleasure to be around. The ceremony was perfect thanks to this beautiful person!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Tiffany · Married on 02/03/2018

My husband and I got married on February 3rd, 2018 and Larissa was our celebrant. From the first phone call, we knew that Larissa was an amazing person and that we wanted her to be part of our wedding day. She is kind, caring, funny and easy to talk to. They way that she incorporated our lives as a couple, our personalities apart and our family and friends into the ceremony was everything we hoped for and more. With Larissa, we never felt any pressure along the way and she sent so many samples and ideas for us to look at, that it was effortless! So many of our guests commented on the ceremony, saying that they were so moved! Larissa had tears of emotion trickling down our cheeks... and cheers and laughter, all in the same 20 minutes! I would recommend Larissa to any couple who is looking for a unique ceremony to celebrate their love, life, adventures, hopes and dreams. Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

You guys were a dream to work with! Thank you for asking me to officiate.

Emily · Married on 11/12/2017

We just tied the knot on November 12, 2017 and could not recommend Larissa more. Everything about wedding planning and the day of is hectic but every experience we had with Larissa was lovely. Our ceremony was personal and really reflected who we are! our guests were saying they wanted to get married again just so Larissa could officiate! Our ceremony was funny, lighthearted yet meaningful and sentimental, exactly as we requested. Larissa was beyond personable, friendly and super responsive. I really felt like she put thought and heart into our ceremony. She even recommended a place for us to stay on our honeymoon in England and it was by far one of our favorite parts of the trip!! Ceremony and honeymoon planning in one!! We really look back on our ceremony as our favorite part of the day and we can't thank her enough for that!! She was even thoughtful enough to step out of the way during our first kiss and parts of the ceremony so it was only us in the shots and they came out amazing. She was flexible and put us at ease throughout the entire process. Ultimately your ceremony is the most important part of the day and ours was perfect and we never felt worried about it, we cant recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Hi - apologies for the delay! Thank you both, I really enjoyed coming up with your ceremony and delivering it. It was one of my last 2017 weddings and couldn't have been a better one!

Jill · Married on 10/08/2017

A zillion stars for Larissa...I am the mom of the bride. Our daughters wedding was last week, and people are still talking about how SPECIAL the ceremony was, which was because of Larissa. She made the service personal, sensitive, funny and intimate, having spent time learning about the bride and groom and putting together a beautiful and meaningful ceremony. Her amazing patience, support and personal touch were top notch. The ceremony had laughter, happy tears, funny stories and touching moments. From the start, she was so easy to work with, and she really got to know the bride and groom, which made the ceremony just beautiful and heart-felt. I can't say enough about her. We were told by our guests that the service was one of the most special they had witnessed, which set off for a wonderful night of celebration. Thank you Larissa....everything was exactly as the kids had hoped for...and being the "mom" - I am grateful.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thanks Irene! It was such a pleasure and honor being a part of Jill and Tony's wedding. And I'm glad I got to surprise you at the end with the breaking of the glass! I wish them both a long and happy life together!

Joanna · Married on 10/07/2017

Larissa crafted the most moving and beautiful ceremony we'd ever heard...and we couldn't have had a better time collaborating with her! She encapsulated the essence of both of us in a charming, heartfelt ceremony. She is so lovely, and she officiated with such warmth, humor and grace, all of the attendees fell in love with her as much as we did! Everyone said it was the most moving wedding they'd been to. We wish we could marry again to work with her again!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Thank you so much J&J - I truly enjoyed the entire process with you both and I wish you both much happiness!

Lindsay · Married on 09/23/2017

I'd like to share the email that my new husband and I wrote to Larissa right after we returned from our honeymoon:

Hi Larissa,

Now that the wedding craziness has died down a bit (we just got back from Montauk, back to the real world now), we just wanted to reach out and say thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding what it was. We could not be more grateful for your talent in helping us put ourselves out there (however embarrassing it might have been with my snort crying) but I know that everyone was truly touched and that it felt personal and intimate, which is exactly what we wanted. Working with you has been such a pleasure and we really could not have pulled this off without you, so thank you, thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.

Sincerely,

Lindsay and Chris

...and we meant every word!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Weddings by Larissa's reply:

Lindsay and Chris - what a pleasure it was working with you both! I truly enjoyed every moment and the ceremony too. Be happy together, I know you will :)

Carissa · Married on 09/12/2017

Couldn’t have asked for a better celebrant. Larissa was outstanding. She made our ceremony so relaxed and easy. We felt comfortable with her straight away and felt like we’d known her for years. Before our wedding was about to commence it had started raining and she was so patient and waited until the rain subsided. My husband and I could not recommend Larissa more highly. We are so grateful at how special she helped make our wedding feel especially given that we eloped. Best ever!!!!!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Natasha · Married on 08/16/2017

We are thrilled to have chosen Larissa to officiate our wedding! Larissa was exceptional from start to finish and her sincerity, professionalism and warmth shone through right from our first conversation. She was very easy to work with and helped us to tailor a ceremony that was special and unique. As Australians holding our destination wedding in New York, we really appreciated that she was available to chat via skype. She alleviated any fears we had about holding our ceremony overseas, and we knew exactly what to expect and prepare before we arrived. It was all very simple and stress free. We have Larissa to thank for setting the tone for a beautiful occasion that we will always treasure. On our wedding day we shared a few laughs and shed a few tears, it was just perfect. Now 6 months on we still talk about our incredible officiant and how touching our elopement was due to her. Larissa, in the middle of busy NYC you made us feel like we were the only two people in the world! Thank you, we are forever grateful.

Sent on 02/06/2018

Ericm · Married on 08/12/2017

Larissa was absolutely fantastic, and made mine and my fiancée's wedding dream days come true. We were seeking a very small ceremony with just our parents in Central Park, and Larissa guided us through the ceremony and planning with ease and expertise, and spent lots of time preparing with us so that it was tailored to exactly what we were looking for. Throughout Larissa was communicative and supportive. The ceremony itself was wonderful, and was everything we hoped for and more!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Navita · Married on 07/16/2017

Larissa was wonderful to work with. She is so genuine and was truly excited for our big day. She provided us with a detailed outline, and some examples to reference, that we were welcome to alter/customize until we were happy. On the day, she engaged with our family members, and made sure everyone knew their role within their ceremony. She also submitted the final paperwork, and we recieved the final certificate in the mail within two weeks.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/24/2017

Thank you so much Larissa!!! You were amazing! Everybody, all the guests, said it was the best ceremony they have ever been to!

One couple said it was better than their son's, who got married a month ago!! People couldn't believe that you made it so personal and told all these great stories and had not only us, but others crying!

We couldn't be happier!! It was incredible! The perfect ceremony! I loved it and so happy we met!! I'll remember forever how beautiful it was!!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Jill · Married on 06/18/2017

We loved Larissa from the first! Absolutely a delight to speak and work with. Our wedding date was fast approaching (35 days) and Larissa was so efficient and friendly we felt no stress. Lovely and charming

Sent on 06/24/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2017

Larissa was the perfect officiant for our wedding. We highly recommend her. She was professional and helpful throughout the process. She set the exact tone for our ceremony that we wanted. She is very sweet and it comes across in her ceremonies. Everyone loved the ceremony and felt very moved by it due to Larissa's presentation of our story and her guidance for our the ceremony structure and vows.

Sent on 06/10/2018
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 05/15/2017

Well I don't know what to say about Larissa, other than the fact she is AMAZING!!! From the get go she was so involved, and helpful. As we were getting married in New York but from the UK, Larissa gave us all the extra info we needed for the difference in cultures and what we needed to do to get our license etc. She checked in with us regularly and we feel like we really got to know Larissa during this time.
    A few months before the big day she sent us a questionnaire which she used to create such a personal and beautiful ceremony. On the day she arrived extra early and really got stuck in helping my husband and family set up the venue to make the wedding perfect.
    I've never had any regrets choosing Larissa and I really hope we stay in touch as she's such an amazing person and so passionate about being a celebrant!
    Thank you, Larissa!! James & Yasmin

Sent on 07/21/2017

Kristin · Married on 05/13/2017

Larissa officiated our wedding this past May in NYC. She was super down to earth and we felt like we knew her for years after our first phone call. She wrote our ceremony exactly how we wanted it. It was personal and reached our family and friends in special way. She gave great suggestions on details we never would have thought of.

Just two days before the wedding, the weather forecast called for heavy rain and wind! We had to change our outdoor location and time last minute, and Larissa went along with the changes with no problem.

With all the stresses of wedding planning, Larissa definitely made our lives easier!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Sushmitha · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband and I found Larissa more than a year ago when we were looking for wedding officiants. We are both physicians and had such limited time to plan a wedding. Larissa was an amazing officiant!!! She was in contact with us for many months prior to the wedding, and her questionnaire allowed her to get to know us very intimately. My husband and I got married almost 2 months ago...after the ceremony and for days after, everyone we knew talked about how amazing Larissa was, and how beautiful she made the ceremony. They could not believe that she met us in person for the first time on our wedding day!!!! She truly made our wedding day special. People were in tears during the ceremony and they are still talking about her now.

We highly recommend her as your officiant! You will not regret it.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Kate · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I found Larissa through a fabulous recommendation from my coworker. We are so happy we found her! From her responsiveness to her effort put it in to our personalized ceremony, Larissa was a true professional and made the wedding process a lot less stressful. Her creative touch really made an impact on us and our guests. After our ceremony our guests could not stop raving about her. We were beyond happy and would recommend Larissa to anyone! Thank you Larissa!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Great communication before the ceremony, and took time to get to know about us so the ceremony could be personalised for us. On the day Larissa was very accommodating and she made me and my partner feel very relaxed and conducted a beautiful, intimate and caring ceremony. Would highly recommend Larissa to anyone planning an elopement or wedding ceremony! Thank you so much for everything :)

Sent on 12/30/2016

Matthew · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with Larissa on our vows, the structure of our ceremony, and then on the day was great. She was receptive to our ideas and helped make the day just how we wanted. Thanks Larissa!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Katie · Married on 10/07/2016

Larissa was an amazing Wedding Officiant! She was extremely professional and responsive from the start :) Her kindness and sincerity were wonderful during the stressful period of wedding planning. I felt like I had known her for years or something. The ceremony was just beautiful, real and genuine. You can tell she really connects with you and that is very important to a bride and groom. She was was so accommodating with our requests for content and style. I would highly recommend Larissa for your wedding ceremony!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Julie · Married on 09/22/2016

We're from the UK & married in NYC in Central Park. Larissa has been excellent through out the entire process. She has guided & supported us & made it all very easy. We had the wedding I could only dream of. Larissa tailored our ceremony to our exact wishes & we had the perfect ceremony for our perfect day. It's been a pleasure getting to know her. I can not recommend Weddings by Larissa highly enough.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Paul · Married on 09/22/2016

Larissa helped my fiancé and I plan all aspects of our wedding including writing our own vows, finding a musician and completing all the legal paperwork. She tailored the service to our wishes, conducted it with humour and style and was a big part of our day.

Sent on 09/23/2016

NB · Married on 09/10/2016

Larissa performed our wedding ceremony in September 2016 and we could not be happier. From the very beginning, Larissa was warm, flexible and understanding. She showed great patience and professionalism and worked hard to give us the wedding ceremony we wanted. We would highly recommend Larissa to your our friends and family.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Maria · Married on 08/20/2016

Best day ever! Larissa was so great in officiating the most important event of our lives. She learned about the Sofreh Aghd, which is the traditional Persian wedding ceremony; the communication between us and her leading to the wedding was clear and efficient. The ceremony was memorable for everyone involved in the ceremony and for all the attendees. Our guests are still talking about how it conveyed the merging of our two cultures (Persian and Ecuadorian). The ceremony was thoroughly personalized, we shared our story with our guests, thanked our parents, exchanged vows and rings, incorporated the Persian traditions and even had a poem read in Farsi, everything went smoothly and as planned.

We highly recommend Larissa, she is detail oriented, punctual and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/24/2016