Weddings by JDK Reviews

Weddings by JDK 5
Weddings by JDK 6
Weddings by JDK 7

Colleen · Married on 05/14/2016

I cannot say enough about Weddings by JDK. Our entire journey planning out wedding went on without a hitch! Our wedding planner/coordinator, Emma Troutman, allowed me to be a stress-free bride (and I must say, I am a little OCD!) She kept me on track and gave me so many great ideas! Seeing our vision for our wedding come to life could not have happened without the dedication, experience, professionalism, and quality provided by Emma, Shaq, and the entire rest of the JDK staff. We also truly enjoyed our tasting experience - the display was fantastic, the service was incredible, and the food - absolutely incredible. I love how their chef came out to talk to us and explain the dishes. You could tell he was very passionate about providing a delicious product and using local whenever able.
    One of the things I am so proud to tell all of you - one of our wedding guests, even took the time the Monday after our wedding to call the JDK group and acknowledge what a wonderful production they had put on for our wedding.
    No complaints here! I would pick them to plan, cater, and decorate our wedding all over again in a heart beat!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Kira · Married on 05/07/2016

JDK catered our wedding and was also our florist for our wedding in May. It was a wonderful experience working with them and I highly recommend them. They are extremely helpful and are basically like having a caterer and wedding planner all in one. The food was exceptional and we received compliments from many or guests. The flowers were also gorgeous and exactly what I wanted for the tables as well as our bouquets. They also helped to clean up at the end of the night which was extremely helpful.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Jacki · Married on 01/16/2016

For our January wedding, every detail (and then some) was taken care of by Abby and her team. The planning process couldn't have been simpler, and I felt assured through the entire process that we would have a picture perfect celebration. I was blown away at the attention to detail and professionalism of the staff. We've had the best comments from friends and family, some even saying it was the best wedding they've ever attended. Thank you Abby and JDK for the best day (and best party) of our lives!

Sent on 02/19/2016

Katlyn · Married on 11/07/2015

From the very beginning David and his staff were wonderful! Very organized and professional! On the day of the wedding at the antique auto museum in Hershey, I had nothing to worry about and everything turned out just as I had imagined plus the food was amazing! All of my friends and family are talking about it!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Tammy · Married on 10/18/2015

There are not enough glowing words for me to write to adequately express how wonderful David Everett was to work with. He is the consummate professional who listened carefully and brought our daughter's wedding vision to life. Every little detail was attended to and we couldn't have been happier.

We also used Bill Murphy at JDK Floral and I have to say that the floral arrangements literally blew us away. The flowers for the ceremony were gorgeous and the reception arrangements were breathtaking. From the tabletop arrangements to the lanterns going up the stairs, to the place card display, to the eucalyptus swagging on the hanging cake table, it defies description. I couldn't have envisioned anything so beautiful!

All I can say to everyone at JDK who brought my daughter's wedding vision to life is thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Megan · Married on 10/17/2015

David is amazing. He is as personal as he is professional and my husband and I were so fortunate to have been able to work with him and the JDK staff for our wedding at the Linwood Estate. There is no extra measure David wouldn't take to assure that we would have the best day imaginable. Every little detail added its own element of charm and romance and really made my wedding vision come to fruition. From our entry way displays, to our menu cards...and of course, the delicious food, JDK made it happen for us. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We will definitely be using JDK again in the future, and we will continue to recommend their services for years to come!

Sent on 10/21/2015

David and Molly are a pleasure to work with. They were gracious, kind, talented and calming!! Their expertise and guidance was so appreciated. The food and service were impeccable!! Can't say enough good things about our whole experience with the JDK staff. I would highly recommend for any event!!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Marlena · Married on 10/10/2015

JDK was amazing to work with throughout our wedding planning process! We specifically worked with Emma Troutman, and she was wonderful! Our venue was the Vineyard & Brewery at Hershey. JDK's food is phenomenal! I've been to many weddings, and most of the time end up eating bland food. JDK surpassed any expectations we had with the food! It was all presented beautifully, and the taste was exceptional. All of our guests loved it. The staff brought down drinks and appetizers immediately following the ceremony for the bridal party, which was such a wonderful touch! They kept us well-fed! Emma had meetings with us several times along the way, always making sure she was helping to make the vision we had in mind for our big day come true! She helped take a lot of the stress away, always prompting and asking questions to make sure we had all our bases covered. I highly recommend JDK!!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Carolyn · Married on 10/03/2015

Since our wedding two weeks ago, my husband and I have been swapping memories and stories from our wedding.

Working with JDK was one of the best decisions that we made during our wedding planning process. The food was phenomenal, the decor was beautiful, the service was exceptional and our guests have not stopped raving about how much fun they had.

Throughout the whole process, we were amazed at their professionalism and how much attention was given to even the smallest details. They were patient and understanding when the chaos of wedding planning seemed a bit overwhelming to us, and they were a joy to work with from start to finish. The end result, of course, was not just an evening more beautiful than we could have imagined, but a whole experience that was fun and unforgettable.

We would, without hesitation, highly reccomend JDK! Thank you for helping us put together our dream wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2015

JDK did an amazing job on our outdoor wedding at Weddings on Memory Lane in Hershey, PA. Emma absolutely listened to my vision and made it a reality. From the amazing food to the flowers to the decor, everything was perfection. She came up with so many creative ideas that really made the wedding memorable for our guests. Bill did a spectacular job with the florals! I still receive compliments on how beautiful everything was. JDK went above and beyond to make sure everything came together perfectly. Thank you again for everything!!!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Meagan · Married on 09/04/2015

We had the privilege of working with JDK through Linwood Estate. They had awesome food options and were willing to work with family allergies and dietary restrictions! Everything we chose and tasted was amazing and we had awesome feed back from our guests! I am a picky eater and I was highly satisfied with the options provided! I would use JDK again for sure!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Allison · Married on 08/22/2015

JDK did an impeccable job handling our wedding from the early plannings stages through the end of our wedding day. The food was DELICIOUS and without a doubt the best I have ever had at any wedding. The appetizers were both visually appealing and delectable; our guests couldn't get enough! We also had mini indulgences for dessert, and these were a huge hit, too. If you want quality, beautifully presented food that is not exactly like every other bland wedding meal you've tasted, JDK is the way to go.

David Everett was our wedding planner. His gift for event planning coupled with his ability to put any bride at ease make him a true gem. Anyone would be lucky to have not only JDK but David help them plan their special day.

All of the JDK staff were extremely professional and efficient on the day of the wedding. They incorporated all of the decor that I provided to them and neatly packed it up at the end of the night. Additionally, one server insured that all members of the bridal party had nourishment immediately after the ceremony, and not once did I see a line of waiting people at the bar during the night.

Thank you JDK for making our day go off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Josh · Married on 07/18/2015

JDK was an amazing catering company to work with beginning to end. Their attention to detail and caring about the little things is unmatched! Jdk took care of everything and made everything as stress free as possible. Would highly recommend the entire jdk team to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Natalie · Married on 06/13/2015

We had the pleasure of using JDK for our wedding this past weekend. The food was phenomenal!! We had no glitches at all. We picked what meals we wanted during a tasting which was very helpful! All the guests were complementing the food all night! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Suzanne · Married on 06/05/2015

The face of Weddings by JDK for us was David Everett. From the initial consultation through the follow up congratulatory email, David was a consummate professional and a joy to work with. As the mother of the bride helping to plan an out of town wedding, I quickly learned that David could provide his own special touch and immeasurable support through emails, meetings and phone calls which always were responded to in a timely manner. He was a pillar to us through the entire process and worked seamlessly with our other vendors.
    Several weeks have passed and our guests continue to comment to us on the exceptional quality of the food served by the uniformed staff at the event. It was beautifully plated and exactly as promised at our tasting. I would suggest contracting extra staff if you have wine service at the meal as the waiters focused on seeing the meals were served at the appropriate temperature and promptly.
    We wouldn't hesitate to work with David and his team of professionals again. It was worth every dollar. A million thank you's!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Christine · Married on 05/22/2015

The food was amazing and all the workers did such a great job! They were all so nice and helpful!

Sent on 05/26/2015

My new husband and I recently had our wedding at Moonstone Manor (May 16th, 2015) and it was fantastic. All of our guests said how memorable the wedding was and how lovely everything looked, how wonderful for colors played off of each other and complimented our styles. I worked with David and Molly for Catering/Design and Bill for flowers. I know they likely had help, so it’s is a great pleasure to say thank you to them all! David worked with us throughout the whole planning stages. They are really a nice one-stop-shop, and well worth it if you are a bit of a worry-wart, like me! Our first meeting David instantly read me, and he reminded me that the wedding day is about me, and it needs to match my personality or everything won’t flow properly. It was great! He worked with me to find the right style and color to match who I am. He was always timely to respond to questions, and if not him, Molly would answer. Bill also worked with us quite nicely, he was flexible with pricing and if you knew flowers, would put anything in your design! (I almost had Cherry Blossoms, but just a month or so too late!). Overall, on the day-of, the flowers looked amazing, hand-delivered and set up by Bill. David made sure to come by and make sure everything was in order. He worked flawlessly with my reception/ceremony vendor even when he weather took a turn for the worst. When he had to leave, Molly took the reins no problem and was able to handle, probably one of the most unpredictable weddings yet this year. My wedding was a huge hit and I loved every minute of it!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Dami · Married on 05/03/2015

The word that best describes JDK and my experience with them – exceptional! JDK did an amazing job with my wedding and I could not have asked for better. Definitely five star work!
    My team was led by David Everett…..awesome guy, so friendly, fun and very organized and on top of things. I don’t think I was the most organized bride :P, but between JDK and my wedding coordinator, you would think I spent years planning things out. I was abroad up till 1 month before the wedding, so a lot of the planning and meetings were done via phone calls, and skype. David and his team were always available to me, and ready to jump on a call! For coordination, Ill give them 6/5!!
    The décor – I had JDK handle décor for the reception and cocktails. Bill was my guy…and he got me! I had envisioned a vintage Pride and Prejudice theme for the wedding, and did they pull it off! So creative – beautiful vintage center pieces, menus placed in vintage books….the colors! The textures!! I loved it all. When I had my first look at the venue before guests were allowed in, I almost cried – it was beautiful! Thanks Bill….oh and my bouquet!! The most amazing bouquet .
    The food – absolutely amazing as with everything. The hors d’oeuvres were yummy beyond belief and my guests loved them. The main course was delicious and presentation was lovely also. The service was attentive, and very professional.
    JDK has a great network of vendors they work with, and most of the vendors I contracted had great relationships with them…this made everything so much easier for us.
    In all, I would highly recommend JDK…they were exceptional and I am thankful for their services. God bless you guys!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Amy · Married on 05/01/2015

JDK was recommended to me by my wedding venue for catering services. As a bride who did A TON of research leading up to my day, I knew that I simply wanted to work with the "best of the best" and that is exactly what JDK is! David sought to truly understand my vision and made it come to life WAY BEYOND my expectations. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and the JDK team is not only a catering service! David's team made sure that everything down to the napkins was perfectly suited for my theme/vision, which was extremely important to me. My guests were very impressed with their attention to dietary concerns as well as the quality of food. It was SO good and every specific request was met. They even packed my groom and I several to-go boxes for our hotel after a full night of dancing! Thank you so much David and JDK for being a part of our wedding planning process. I wouldn't change a thing!!! :)

Sent on 10/20/2015

Hands down, working with JDK and David Everett was the best decision we made while planning our wedding (long distance too). His attention to detail is outstanding. He really goes out of his way to make little special details that speak to you as a couple and that the day runs smoothly. Our day of staff was professional and attentive. Our guests are still raving about the food. JDK truly helped make our day extraordinary.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Jennifer · Married on 03/21/2015

Emma and her team created an amazing wedding reception for us.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Jackie · Married on 01/17/2015

Emma from JDK was our wedding producer, and all i can say is WOW. I had a vision for years of what our wedding would look like and everyone said well it won't be like that exactly, and things won't be perfect, but on that day, i can honestly say it was a dream come true! Emma and JDK took all my visions, ideas, and thoughts combined with their own creative genius and made our wedding dream a reality. We had many guests say it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to, and that it should have been in a magazine. JDK provided the meal, the decor (my mom and I also assisted with this), set up, tear down, bartenders, etc... they do it all! on the day of the wedding I didn't want my parents to have to worry about a thing, and no one had to worry at all, JDK took care of every little detail and knocked it out of the park! They are more than worth every penny spent! Emma constantly told me not to worry, she will take care of it, and she was true to her word. When I saw the final product on our wedding day, I cried because it was nothing short of magical. If I could do it all over again, I would, and I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Jess · Married on 10/12/2014

David Everett and his JDK Team are top notch; and, my husband and I highly recommend them for your wedding. From day one, David helped guide us through the entire wedding process and ensured we were on track with all of the many decisions and details that needed to be coordinated. The Team truly made our wedding so amazing. All of our guests were raving about the food (both hors d'oeuvres and meals), and they appreciated the attentive service the JDK Team provided to them. We used JDK for our floral arrangements too; and, the reception table flowers looked stunning and the entire reception tent (we were married at Moonstone Manor) was even more beautiful than we anticipated. Kudos to David for leading a fabulous Team and ensuring the event went off like a well-oiled machine. We enjoyed every moment!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Kate · Married on 09/27/2014

This vendor is worth every single penny. I worked with David Everett who made me feel like I was the only bride he was working with (he's a busy guy) and made me feel like he was glad to hear from me every time that I sent him an email. The day of the wedding was flawless. JDK took care of every single request that I had and the day couldn't have gone smoother. The décor turned out incredible and I had the wedding of my dreams. Will definitely be recommending to my friends!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2014

I would highly recommend JDK for any event. The level of professionalism and quality of work are unmatched in the area. The staff was amazing, very accommodating, and looked professional. The food presentation was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Dinner service was flawless and guests were extremely pleased with the service. Bill did my flowers and they were gorgeous. He is a true genius when it comes to floral arrangement. His expertise and creativity gave me confidence and reassurance that my wedding would be beautiful. I felt confident using both Bill and JDK for all my catering and floral needs. Look no further; JDK is the premier caterer in the caterer in the area.

Jenn Barrette