Weddings by JDK Reviews

Weddings by JDK 5
Weddings by JDK 6
Weddings by JDK 7

Megan · Married on 09/10/2017

David and the whole team at Weddings by JDK are PHENOMENAL and if given the chance to do it again, I would choose them 1 million times over! They are detail oriented and fantastically organized, ensuring that every little detail of the day is pure perfection. We got an endless amount of compliments on the presentation and the delicious food at our wedding. They made the planning process easy and stress free every step of the way. You are sorely missing out if you don't use this sensational team.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Phyllis · Married on 09/02/2017

David Everett and his team did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding. We worked together for over a year getting the food and ambience orchestrated for her rustic, farm-to-table-style wedding. Everyone raved about all aspects of the food served, and the presentation was superb. Our wedding was in Lancaster, Pa, and multiple people just assumed the caterer was from mainline Philadelphia because they were so good. JDK team offered great professionalism, creativity, and listening skills as we molded and shaped our theme through the many months that preceded the wedding. People will be talking about the catering at our wedding for years to come.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Anastasia · Married on 07/22/2017

I recommend JDK and David (and Molly!) to everybody who is getting married in the area. They are simply amazing and really make you feel special and go above and beyond to help you execute your vision. They are not just a caterer, they are much more than that. All of my guests could not stop raving about the food. Also, Erika was amazing to work with on florals. She created a custom arrangement for me for the head table and I was just blown away. Worth every penny -- they are truly professionals and I could not be more happy with our experience working with them.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Sabrina · Married on 07/08/2017

JDK and David did an outstanding job catering and orchestrating our wedding party at the Farm at Eagles Ridge in July 2017. The process was smooth from the start. David and his team were quick to respond to emails and phone calls, very detail oriented, and flexible with our (very short) time frame, budget, and guest count. On the day of the party, the dinner was well-staffed, and the food was served promptly and without error. But, with JDK, the service goes above and beyond catering. David orchestrated all the details of our day that an event planner normally would, offering input on all those pesky details I was oblivious to, particularly as we do not live in the area. The event was a huge success. Big thanks to David and the rest of the team!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Gabby · Married on 07/02/2017

David – Leading up to our wedding, David and Molly were such a pleasure to work with. We went through rounds of revisions and David gave us so much advice and guidance. He truly treated our wedding like his own and we felt so taken care of in his hands.

The day of our wedding, seeing David was such a joy. He continued to give us advice and the best tips. His staff was fantastic – he even had two servers assigned to me and my husband while we took our photos. Walking into the barn actually took my breath away. I’m not the girl who grew up dreaming of her wedding, but David helped our wedding become so personal to us. He helped us coordinate getting a cake from our own neighborhood bakery (3 hours away) and serve cookies (3,000+ cookies) made by my grandmother that we transported to the farm. David, you are amazing! Our guests raved about the food and we could not have been happier to have chosen JDK.

Erika – When I mentioned to David that I didn’t have a florist, he suggested I speak with Erika. From our first conversation, Erika felt like a great fit. I had specific visions for our wedding, but knew very little about flowers. Erika worked with me to create the most gorgeous designs. She gave me great guidance and is so, so talented. When the flowers showed up in the bridal suite, I was so stunned. They were exactly the size and style I envisioned, but were more beautiful than I could have imagined. Erika simply knocked it out of the park. I could not recommend her more highly – she is amazing!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Kellie · Married on 07/02/2017

I just cannot say enough about David and the wonderful catering staff that did such a fantastic job for my daughter's wedding at the Farm at Eagles Ridge. David is so incredibly creative and the food was delicious! We had a very large crowd and he was extremely attentive and helpful with special needs and requests. His style and culinary talent shines through in his work and I highly recommend JDK! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Kellie Cuzzola

Sent on 07/09/2017

Scottie · Married on 06/03/2017

JDK and David were unbelievable amazing. Our wedding was an absolute fairytale, and JDK had a huge part in making it so seamless and beautiful every step of the way. We had so many compliments from guests saying that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. David was fantastic and JDK really went above and beyond to make it absolutely perfect. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Deborra · Married on 05/28/2017

Love this catering company. Esp David Everett!!! He is a total doll to work with. Extremely accommodating. Food was delish and the service was impeccable.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Tess · Married on 05/19/2017

Hiring Weddings by JDK for our wedding on May 19, 2017 was one of the best decisions we made. It was an absolute pleasure working with David and his team to make our wedding dreams come true. Weddings by JDK provided so much more than just catering - they really helped bring our vision to life with their added decor and creativity. If you work with JDK you definitely want to have Erika do your floral arrangements. We debated working another florist, but we are so glad we decided to work with JDK directly. So many people at our wedding commented that we had the most gorgeous flowers they've ever seen. The planning process was really smooth and organized (and fun!) which helped alleviate any pre-wedding stress. The staff that worked the day of our wedding was amazing- everyone was professional and personable! They also were extremely careful in handling dietary restrictions - one of our guests has very severe food allergies. We highly recommend JDK!!!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/06/2017

Where to even begin! We worked with JDK and the Vineyard at Hershey for our wedding. From the moment we toured the venue we knew that is where we wanted to get married and working with JDK's team from that point forward was nothing short of amazing. Emma Trautman is the sweetest, most down-to-earth event planner you could imagine and was there to answer all of my questions and calm my concerns any time of day. Working with her took a lot of the stress out of planning such a big event! On the day of our wedding Emma was there to ensure everything was set up exactly as we discussed and worked seamlessly through the curve ball of it raining for our outdoor ceremony. Once the reception started Ralph took great care of us, making sure my husband had water all night and handling everything we threw at him with such professionalism. The bartenders were amazing - Adrian was a standout and took great care of my mom! Ester was also a stand out for the catering staff - so sweet! We cannot thank you enough for all the hard work everyone at JDK did to pull off our big day - ourselves and all of our guests had the best time! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Kevin · Married on 04/29/2017

The professionals at JDK made our reception at the State Museum of Pennsylvania more amazing than we could have imagined! The food was exquisite, and the staff was friendly and responsive. David's guidance took the pressure off during the planning process, and his expertise gave us exactly what we wanted for our reception - and then some. Erika in JDK's floral department helped us get exactly the floral arrangements and bridal bouquets we wanted while staying within our budget. Ashley from JDK was on hand during our reception and executed our year's worth of planning flawlessly. We have received so many compliments following our wedding. It was one if the best day's of our lives. If you want a night to remember, look no further than JDK! ~ Julie and Kevin

Sent on 05/20/2017

Rachael · Married on 04/15/2017

LOVED JDK, best decision we made surrounding our wedding! Emma was great to work with. She communicates well, is fun and knowledgeable, and just made it a wonderful experience. I spoke to Emma on the phone and we went to one of their taste tests and wow, the food was phenomenal. After receiving our proposal, we decided to book them. I cannot stress how happy I am that we made that decision. We served 5 awesome apps- cheese display and butlered-maple chicken waffle cones, (my fav!) pork belly tacos, basil watermelon skewers, and shrimp and grits. Our duet entree was crab cakes and braised short ribs (tons of guest compliments!) They are professional, accommodating, fun, and friendly. I highly recommend you work with JDK, you will not be disappointed. They also provided quite a few wedding decorations and filled in the empty spaces so that helped with budget; I didn't have to buy a bunch of stuff that we'd never use again. Beautiful, it was the nicest wedding I have ever been to so I am thrilled that it was our wedding!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Robert · Married on 10/29/2016

Do not hesitate. this organization is top quality, all the way. If you want you and your guests to have an unforgettable experience, this is the caterer for you.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2016

I don't even know where to begin with this review. There is no words to describe how AMAZING Weddings by JDK was to me. I specifically worked with David and Molly. I was really really lucky to have found them. I worked with mostly David through all the face to face meetings, phone calls, and emails. He always got back to me in a timely matter too which when planning a wedding is key.
    When planning the wedding and going over my own style and vision, I would say what I would think and David would take it to a whole other level that I didn't even know was possible. When I walked into our cocktail hour and reception, I could not believe it was "my" wedding. Everything was done to a T. There was so many little details everywhere. The staff at Weddings by JDK that worked my wedding was amazing. I had so many guest come up to me stating how amazing everything was and how nice and professional the people were. I am so happy that guests were able to enjoy themselves.
    As for the food....that was definitely the most talked about thing at our wedding. The way it was presented to guests, the favors it had, and the portions! We selected the Family Style meals for our guests and they absolutely loved it. All the bars at the wedding were serviced very well too. There was never really a line and we always had 2 bars open so guests could always get a drink if they wanted one.
    David was with me every step of the way through my wedding. If I had a "little break down" he would promise and ensure me that everything would be perfect. (and coming from a person that needs control of everything that was hard to hear but I trusted him).
    I am so sad that my wedding planning is over. It was truly an honor to have worked with Weddings by JDK. If you are reading this review, I would highly recommend booking them or at least schedule a time to meet their staff. They are truly an amazing team and my wedding wouldn't have been perfect without them.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Aly · Married on 10/23/2016

My husband and I worked with Emma and her team to plan our picture perfect wedding day. She was so attentive and easy to talk to - and she listened! My husband is a chef, so food is extremely important to us in all celebrations, but especially on this monumental occasion. Emma took our feedback from the tasting and worked directly with her chef to ensure that we were over the moon about our food. She assisted us with our ceremony to ensure that all of our hard work played out in every detail, and her team paid close attention to our requests at every turn. Given that both my husband and I work in hospitality and a large portion of our guests are also in the industry (event planners, catering sales directors, hoteliers, chefs, etc.) we were delighted to hear that a great time was had by all - and the comments on the service from Emma, Sam and their team were endless! I can't gush enough about how easy it was to work with Emma - if ever given the chance, I hope to work with her again someday.

Sent on 03/18/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

JDK has an exclusive catering agreement with our wedding venue – The Bond. At first we were a bit nervous about not having the opportunity to choose our caterer, but it turned out that we were very happy with the services we received from them. We really enjoyed the tasting event that JDK organized, as it helped us to refine the menu we thought we wanted. Throughout the planning, the chef was very willing to accommodate our guests’ dietary restrictions and preferences. Our guests have raved about the food – many of them told us it was the best meal they ever had at a wedding. The steak and salmon were excellent, as were all the sides and appetizers. We offered late night snacks too, with soft pretzels, sliders and fries – they were so delicious, and very well received by our guests after several hours of dancing and drinking. JDK also staffed our wedding - the servers and bartenders at the reception were all fantastic. Overall, we were very happy with JDK, and, if I were to have another big event, would choose them with or without the catering contract. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2016

Where do I even start?! David and the entire JDK team were absolutely incredible to work with. From the moment I met David and saw his passion for wedding planning I knew they were the right company for us. To say we only utilized them for our food and flowers would be an understatement. Those services were of course phenomenal, but they went above and beyond with every little detail aiding in our big day running smoothly. If I could give future bride's one piece of advice it would be to the hire The JDK team!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

I cannot recommend David and his team enough. We used JDK for both the catering and the flowers, but they provided so much more than we could have imagined! David basically acted as our wedding planner: answering a billion questions, overseeing the entire reception, and executing the wedding of my dreams. He is SO incredibly nice and an absolutely pleasure to work with. He went above and beyond to make sure we were happy, and every request was met with, "we will figure it out and make it happen!" JDK is definitely not the cheapest caterer, but they are more than fair in their pricing and worth every penny. They don't nickel and dime you- everything is included from the napkins and silverware to the stunning decor. They even brought extra decor for the gift tables and place card tables. Finally, the food is outrageously delicious! They take so much pride in food presentation as well- everything was gorgeous. I could go on and on... I'm so pleased with their work, and I whole-heartedly recommend them. David is an absolute genius, and if I ever need a caterer- he's the first person I'm calling!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Meghan · Married on 07/24/2016

My husband and I had an unconventional celebration - we had eloped and were planning a post-elopement celebration with JDK. We had the opportunity to work with David, and every step of the way, he helped us make great decisions regarding our event. The food was wonderful, all our guests were so pleased with the food and service. The planning process exceeded our expectations, with JDK even arranging an extra tasting for us and designing custom mocktails as we chose not to have alcohol at our wedding. Everything went smoothly and stress-free, and any last minute hiccups were smoothed over effortlessly by David and his fabulous team, enabling us to enjoy our day and our guests without worrying about a thing. We were so pleased with the whole process - David was flexible, knowledgable, and professional throughout. We can't recommend this vendor highly enough!

Sent on 08/13/2016

mary · Married on 07/24/2016

This vendor was awesome from beginning to end. Our wedding planner, David, paid attention to every detail and was wonderful to work with. The food was fantastic. Every member of the staff was friendly and smiling during the entire event. I couldn't recommend this vendor more highly.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Denise · Married on 06/26/2016

The entire JDK staff were awesome from the beginning til the end. During the reception guests felt warmed and welcomed. Glasses stayed filled and there was always the presence of a staff member. Our cocktail hour was butlered and during this time the wedding party took photos, there was an endless supply of food and drinks being served to the wedding party as we migrated throughout the venue. Waiters took note to everyone's favorite drinks and was always there to serve it. I just loved the bartenders energy, they greeted you with a genuine smile and vibed to the atmosphere. And then there's David, I truly met a lifelong friend. He constantly assured me that everything was fine and to just be a bride., easier said than done, but I arrived at the venue hours early and to my surprise David and the crew had everything under control, I didn't have to move anything around, lift a finger or tweak a detail. David had alleviated all my anxiety and I was able to be a stress free bride. The next day all of our belongings were neatly packed and my husband now says he doesn't regret a penny of what he spent because in this instance, we definitely got what we paid for. You may find cheaper, but you won't find better. David and the JDK staff are A plus rated and #1 in my book! Authors of our own story, Denise & Mike.....

Sent on 06/28/2016

Laura · Married on 06/18/2016

I cannot say enough good things about JDK. I had the pleasure of working with David for my wedding and he was absolutely fantastic. He really paid attention to detail and left no stone unturned. He was there for me with all of my wedding day questions, whether it be about decor or transportation; and he didn't have to help me with those things, which meant so much to me. He was there to offer advice and even said he would go with me to a vintage rental place to help me pick out decor for the wedding. He did an amazing job, the food was great, and the table setup was fantastic. I would definitely recommend JDK for any catering event. Exceptional!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Natalie · Married on 06/11/2016

JDK is the absolute best at what they do! Details are their specialty. David at JDK is a bride's best friend. After you call your family to tell them you're engaged, make JDK your next call! Food was delicious, decor is impeccable. :)

Sent on 10/27/2016

Earlier this month, Weddings By JDK was instrumental in creating a highlight evening for my family, and in making my daughter’s dream into a reality. I wholehearted, and without reservation, recommend them to handle anyone’s special event for three specific reasons:
    - The quality of the food. Both our hors d’oeuvres and the main course were exceptional, and our guests are still now remarking about the taste and the creativity of preparation and presentation. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve heard “this is NOT your everyday wedding food!”
    - David’s personal touch. We were treated with such class and respect, both leading up to our event and throughout the evening. David made us feel as though our evening was the only thing he cared about in the world, and his attention to the bride and groom, and our whole family, was accentuated with warmth and professionalism.
    - Their staff attitudes. I can’t say enough about how David’s serving staff added to our evening. We were striving to create an elegant yet warm and fun experience for our guests, and his team played a big part in achieving that objective. Our guests gushed about “they all smile, look you in the eye, and look like they’re having fun, too.” Hats off to David for creating an environment where his people reflect his style.
    We had a great feeling about David and Weddings By JDK when we were shopping for the wedding’s caterer. That feeling was more than confirmed by their performance on the big night, and we are grateful for them.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Weddings by JDK served as the caterer for our June 2016 wedding. We worked almost exclusively with David (assisted by Molly), and wow-- we hit the jackpot! David is exactly what you'd want in a head-of-staff. He has a warm personality, a friendly yet commanding presence, an eye for presentation, and a deep passion for delivering your vision on your big day. David and his team created several proposals for us, making sure that every detail was updated as we made more decisions during the year-long process in which we collaborated. The team was incredibly responsive to calls and emails, and worked seamlessly with our wedding planner, DJ, florist, and photographer to ensure that the wedding day was executed perfectly. As other reviewers have written, David and his team also have a few small, welcomed "extras" ready for you-- such as making sure your glass is always full, serving food to the bridal party during photos, and (at the end of the night) packing up quickly to get extra meals and cake delivered to the bride and groom to enjoy in the days to follow. We had a few people with food allergies and also a few children at our wedding, and almost immediately upon dinner being served, we saw David personally making the rounds to ensure that everyone was completely satisfied with the plate in front of them. Additionally, each and every one of the JDK servers and bar tenders were extremely friendly and professional. You cannot go wrong with hiring David and Weddings by JDK. They will not disappoint-- on the contrary, they'll make you extremely grateful for their services.

Sent on 07/01/2016