Weddings by Debra Thompson Reviews

Weddings by Debra Thompson 3
Weddings by Debra Thompson 4
Weddings by Debra Thompson 5

Jacki · Married on 05/06/2017

As parents of the bride, we can’t say enough about Debra, Erica P. and the rest of Weddings by Debra team. Working with them for 14 months allowed us to form a very special bond. Their calm demeanor certainly was helpful during a time that could have been stressful. Debra and Erica P. were always available to answer questions, as well as offer suggestions to help us achieve our daughter’s visions for her wedding. We always felt confident that Debra and Erica were guiding us in the right direction. Debra suggested many wonderful vendors. Each and every one of them delivered amazing services the day of the wedding. The itinerary that Debra and her team created for the day of our daughters wedding was so precise that the day ran like clock work. Because of this, my husband and I were relaxed and able to enjoy every moment of our daughter’s amazing day. They helped to make our wedding planning a wonderful experience. We can’t thank Debra and her team enough. We highly recommend them. (Jacki and Kevin)

Sent on 06/17/2017

Anthony · Married on 11/13/2016

I've been working with Debra Thompson for many years and she is easily, the most professional and well rounded event planner I've ever come across. Many event planners focus on their area of comfort such as decor or floral design. Debra is knowledgable in every area of any type of event. Whether you're discussing catering, decor, music, floral design, transportation, venue selections, accommodations, etc., she's got insightful and invaluable advice to impart to her clients. Most importantly, she understands the impact that each of these areas have on an event. I've recently had the pleasure of having her produce a showcase for my band and she made the planning of the event an enjoyable and productive process. On the day of the showcase, she and her team were invaluable in helping to coordinate the logistics and communicate with our guests. She was imperative to the organization of the event in so many ways and reduced a lot of stress for me and my team. I'm fortunate to be able to work with Debra in different capacities and on regular occasion. I would recommend her highly to anyone that needs help planning, organizing or producing an event. She is the BEST!

Sent on 12/21/2016
  • Private_User510

Christina · Married on 10/01/2016

Debra and her staff are truly AMAZING!!! I knew from the moment I got engaged, (which was also supported by Weddings By Debra) there was absolutely no way we could plan our wedding without her. Debra truly puts her whole heart into her work. She “dotted every I and crossed everyT,” while keeping our vision in mind from day one. Every meeting with our vendors was balanced and organized thanks to Debra. She listened to our hopes and dreams and added her own creative suggestions, which helped to make our wedding that much more of a day to remember. The day of went equally as smooth. Erica B and Erica P were with my husband and I from the early morning until the end of the night making sure that we had everything we needed and smiles on our faces. Michelle was also a great support at the church greeting all of our guests and supporting transportation to and from the venue. We are still getting pictures and phone calls about it being one of the best weddings people have ever been too! With Debra and her team producing the wedding, I don't think it could have gone any better. They become a part of the family and we were so grateful to have them with us every step of the way.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Marissa · Married on 09/16/2016

When my wife and I first started planning our wedding we thought we could handle it on our own, no big deal, how hard could it be? After about a week of doing research and taking notes we quickly realized we needed help. We spoke to our venue organizer who highly recommended Weddings by Debra. Our first call with Debra was so informative we knew right away she was the one we would use to help us plan our special day. Debra has wedding producers who assist with her planning procedures and day of event production, two of which, Aimee and Erica, jumped at the opportunity to help guide us along the way.

My wife and I had so many questions and uncertainties about every little detail, thankfully the ladies were always available and are full of knowledge (what vendors to use, flower selection, hair, makeup, tuxedo, you name it). Looking back now we clearly see that our perfect day wouldn’t have turned out the way it did if it wasn’t for the tremendous help from Debra and team. From the very first phone call to even weeks after the wedding, Aimee, Erica and Debra were right there to help us without hesitation or delay. We can assure from first-hand experience that Debra and her team are hands down the best in the business. Along with an overwhelming knowledge of all that is weddings, Debra and her producers are the kindest sweetest most comforting team we’ve ever had the pleasure of working with, professionally and personally.

Some people ask if we could do it all over is there anything we would change? Sure, there are a few things; but we wouldn’t dream of doing it without Weddings by Debra. So if you find yourself reading this review and comparing Debra to other event producers, trust me when I say you can stop right now and give Debra a call; you won’t regret it.
    - Jason and Marissa

PS – We gave five stars because they don’t allow for six.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Jeremy · Married on 09/10/2016

We were so fortunate to have Debra's services on the day of our wedding. We planned our wedding from out of state but Debra and her team always made it feel we were only miles from the event coordinating process. We knew from the start we loved her when she met with us to gauge our needs and how she can meet those needs. The contracting process was easy with Debra and it is very clear that in her heart she wants to ensure her couples are getting the day they envision. Before even signing a contract Debra mentioned a venue we might love but had never considered. Fast forward and guess what? We got married at that venue!

Debra made sure we stayed on track with our planning and we relied on her and her team to keep us on pace to be prepared for the big day. Without them, we would have been lost! It was comforting to know that the vendors Debra suggested had worked with her before; the industry is vast and for us being out of state, difficult to navigate without some help. Everyone Debra suggested fell within our budget and did a terrific job. We are still getting compliments about every single detail of our wedding (which, for the most part, was up to Debra and her team). Debra and her team also understood the importance of balancing difficult family dynamics throughout planning and the actual wedding day - they worked hard to make sure every VIP was treated respectfully and felt valuable.

Debra and her team made sure our day was executed flawlessly! We are so grateful for their contributions to our planning process; we could not have made an event so special, and so nice, without them!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Lynthia · Married on 08/27/2016

Thanks to Debra Thompson and her wonderful team, my daughter had her dream wedding. Debra guided us throughout over a year of planning to ensure that the day captured my daughter's vision, allowed us as close family and friends to savor the personal moments, and make sure that all guests had a wonderful experience. Debra connected us with superb vendors - all very professional, nice and providing excellent value. She and her fabulous team led us through the day with impeccable timing allowing us to dance all night and have a memorable day. I will miss her!

Sent on 09/04/2016

John · Married on 08/27/2016

Debra and her team went above and beyond throughout our 14-month engagement. Because we live several hours away from the New York area, our biggest challenge was planning remotely and making the most out of each visit. Debra was a lifesaver, since she helped us narrow down our vendor options and simplify our decisions; having a shortlist of her top recommendations for photographers, hairdressers, and more made our lives much more manageable - and we loved all of the vendors we went with!

Debra was attentive and accessible, always keeping us track throughout our 14-month engagement but also never rushing us. She offered plenty of guidance and great ideas that we incorporated into our big day, but she also respected all of our wishes and ensured that the ceremony and reception reflected who we are as a couple. She went out of her way to work with our parents and other family members, answering any questions they might have in the run-up to the big day.

On the day of our wedding, Debra and her team were top-notch. They coordinated our huge bridal party, ensured that guests always got from Point A to Point B, and kept track of what every vendor was accountable for. Everything ran smoothly, according to their detailed schedule, and just knowing that they were on top of all of these details was a huge weight off of our shoulders. It allowed us to take in everything and truly be in the moment on the happiest day of our lives!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Ryan · Married on 05/07/2016

Hiring Debra and her team for our wedding was the absolute best decision we could possibly have made for our wedding! From the first time that we met Debra, she emphasized that we should feel like a guest at our own wedding and we cannot articulate enough how true that actually was. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding and a large part of that was a testament to Debra and her team.

It's truly hard to explain all of the ways in which Debra helped us. She was engrained in every aspect of our process - whether it's suggesting different vendors given her personal experiences, keeping us on task every part of the way, managing us to be significantly under-budget, coordinating extensive logistics, or just being another helpful voice with whom to discuss the wedding. There have only been a handful of days over the last year that we weren't in contact with Debra, which shows how truly involved she was. After all the preparations, not once did we feel any planning pressure, which is unlike many of our friends that have gone through their own weddings. We knew that it was all leading to the most magical day of our lives and we are glad to have had Debra be a part of it!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Cynthia · Married on 04/23/2016

We were planning our wedding in April all the way from Kansas and I honestly don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for Debra. After telling her my ideas, she helped me find the most amazing vendors for our wedding. I am eternally thankful for her and her staff for not only putting up with me but also making the wedding planning and day of go smoothly.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Brent · Married on 10/23/2015

Debra made our day extra special by going the extra mile and making sure that we do not need to worry about anything on the wedding day. Being the hands-on person that I am, I always wanted to know the tiniest details in every single aspect of our wedding. Working with Debra took all the stress away from my bride & I and just let us enjoy our day. From the rehearsal to the moment we stepped into the bridal car after the actual ceremony, Debra and her team made sure that everything is under control and just flowed as planned. I will always be grateful to Debra and her team for the utmost professionalism and the extra special care that she had given us on our special day. To anyone still trying to decide to work with Debra and looking for that sign, this is it. :)

Sent on 07/09/2016
  • I

Irene · Married on 08/15/2015

Words cannot express how amazing and meticulous Debra and her team was in helping plan and execute my best day ever. She was invaluable throughout the planning process because she knew all the right vendors in Westchester and NYC and helped me save a lot of time when I needed her advice. She also understood my vision and was our number one advocate when working with our vendors. What I also observed was that the vendors not only wanted to make me happy but keep her happy which was important for credibility and execution. She even helped me stick to my budget! On our wedding day, my fiancé told me that working with Debra was one the best decisions I made during this process.

It doesn't end here. In the weeks leading up to our weekend as well as the wedding day, Debra and her team was so diligent in making sure every detail was checked, confirmed and organized. I went into the wedding weekend fairly calm for a bride BC I knew Debra and her team was going to take care of everything. She told me that all I had to do was relax and have fun BC it was her team's job to take care of everything and they did! Her team made agendas not only for the bridal party and VIPs but for all the vendors, kept everyone on schedule and took responsibility for some of the reception details that some caterers and vendors may not do perfectly. And as expected, the entire day was executed flawlessly and smoothly and all my husband and I had to do was have a good time which is one of the main reasons why we wanted to hire Debra and a wedding planner. Why spend months of planning not to enjoy your wedding day and worry about the details. Debra and her team not only were serious professionals but also treated us like family and I knew they wanted to make our day perfect. I have the utmost respect and confidence in her team and I couldn't have had the perfect wedding weekend without them!

Sent on 09/03/2015
  • Y

yvonne · Married on 08/01/2015

Debra is wonderful, I wholeheartedly recommend her. Her advice was invaluable and practical. Her team on wedding day was amazing!!! Cannot imagine doing it without her.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Jay · Married on 07/19/2015

We used Debra for our shower; I only wish we had used her for our wedding.

Everything went off without a hitch, she was personable, professional and fantastic.

From start to finish, soup to nuts, she took care of everything. She organized the day of, prepared everything up until that day, followed up after the event, things that you would expect from an event planner, but she went beyond the call of duty ensuring that we enjoyed EVERY MINUTE OF OUR EVENT never having to worry about a thing!

The devil is in the details and its the little things that count. There were far too many to mention but a few remarkable things that Debra did that you would never expect-- not only did she help gather all our gifts after the shower and ensure that they were in order, she actually helped us bring our gifts home at the end of the event since we already had 4 cars full of gifts, she had already completed her job, but she exceeded our expectations. About a week after our shower, we received a package in the mail. Debra had found a few keepsakes laying around after the event and sent them our way because she thinks about those things. I could go on and on ad nauseum about how fantastic Debra was for our event.

We would recommend her in a heartbeat. She's that amazing.

Sent on 08/08/2015

Edith · Married on 07/04/2015

I just wrote a review and it seems to have disappeared off the face of this Earth so I'm just writing a quick message just to see if it's my computer if it is I will write another separate review. I will say DON'T PLAN YOUR WEDDING WITHOUT WEDDINGS BY DEBRA...YOU WILL BE SORRY. THEY ARE TRULY THE BEST!!!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Dorothy · Married on 04/25/2015

We had one chance to have a wonderful day and Debra and her helpers made sure that happened. She has planned so many weddings that she knew what to expect and could assure that ours was wonderful too. We couldn't have been happier!!!! She was just wonderful. Our wedding would not have been the success it was without having her to help us plan the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Ryan · Married on 11/08/2014

Debra and her staff do an amazing job. Every part of the process from the first meeting to the big day was meticulous and made for an incredible, stress free wedding day.

Kaitlin · Married on 11/08/2014

The night we got engaged, my mom said she did her research and found us the best wedding planner in Westchester. It didn't take long for Debra & her team to prove they deserve that title. From beginning to end, Debra went above and beyond to make our wedding even more than I have ever dreamed of. Over the past year, she's become part of our family and was there morning, day, and night, to help us with planning our wedding. Her experience and connections in the industry were extremely helpful and made planning so much easier. If you are looking for someone to help you plan your wedding, Debra is the one to go to.

Sent on 11/22/2014

Joan · Married on 11/08/2014

Debra Thompson and her staff were amazing from beginning to end. Debra has great experience and guided us throughout. She also found a great makeup artist at the last minute. The event was terrific thanks to Debra and her team......skilled, caring, lovely to work with.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Debra was amazing! She had the answers for all of my questions as mother of the groom. Her calm, but reassuring manner was perfect.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Charlotte · Married on 10/26/2014

Debra Thompson is extremely knowledgeable, competent and a great
    person to work with. Her staff is wonderful and trained under Debra's
    helm; therefore, they are equally as qualified. It was a pleasure to work
    with Debra and her staff. I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Very professional service made it a joyous event

Sent on 11/27/2014

Alex · Married on 09/06/2014

Debra and her team were incredible!! They got us through all of the stress of planning our wedding whether as a shrink to handle everyone's opinions or her understanding of all of the details and collaborations that are needed to make the day go off without a hitch. Debra knew about details and questions that I never would have known to ask our vendors and I knew that I didn't have to worry about any aspect of the planning, or question if I was on track or if I was forgetting something with her by my side. The day of I was just a bride enjoying the day and night with her husband, best friends and family and never once had to worry about which vendors had arrived late or how the setting up of the room was going. Also my dress ended up being too long and too big after not eating much in advance due to stress and she was there with tricks I had never dreamed of to make sure I could get out on the dance floor and never worry about my dress dragging on the ground or falling off. I cannot say enough about how incredible Debra was for me, my husband and my family!!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Jason · Married on 09/06/2014

Debra and her staff were on point and made our wedding night run smooth.

Sent on 11/20/2014
  • F

Francis · Married on 08/16/2014

The wedding came off spectacularly and Debra is incredibly thorough and organized. We worked for nearly a year on all the planning and arrangements and when the big day came, everything proceeded according to plan thanks to Debra and her team.

Sent on 09/13/2014

We engaged Debra and her team for a full service..."soup to nuts". Our w
    Event was held at our home, so there were many more details to consider. She was very thorough...great attention to detail and time contraints. The loo the before the wedding intensified and she and her team were right there for everything....she guided the entire process...like a guardian angel...