8 Reviews for Weddings at The Clarion Hotel Harrisburg

Working with Nicole was better than I ever could have hoped for. She enthusiastic about all of our ideas and receptive to all our requests. She went above and beyond helping us plan our wedding and everything ended up being perfect!

Profile Picture Anna, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
4.7

My wife and I recently had our reception at the Metalaye by JDK other wise known as Weddings at The Clarion Hotel Harrisburg. Our wedding consultant, Deb, was always on the ball, contacting me as needed even after she was out of the office for surgery.

The wedding day went great- linens and settings looked amazing, dinner and cocktail hour food was delicious, and my wife & I were very thankful that it all happened without any issues!

When you book at this venue, not only do you have a nice location with reasonable hotel rates, but you receive the JDK Group catering and professionalism, exactly what we wanted.

No big gripes from us - only thing we could have wanted was it to be a little cooler, but hey, it was the first day of summer! (6/21)

We would highly recommend working with Deb and the JDK team at the The Clarion Hotel Harrisburg!

Profile Picture User2872842, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
2.4

My full review was too long to put here but here at the cliff notes. I would not recommend this venue to brides planning. The coordinator we booked with, Melissa, was fantastic. Her replacement Sarah is unprofessional and not customer oriented at all. The venue did go above and beyond a few expectations i.e. adding flowers to reception, setting up a ceremony backdrop, adding sashes to the chairs, and when I asked for pricing requests of adding 3 things to the bar, they offered them at no charge. The reception was lovely and guests had a great time! I was saddened to find out afterwards my photographer was not permitted to take photos of the reception prior to guests arriving because it was not completed yet. I understand that not everything or will go right, but my main disappointments were - tent leaked during ceremony and half bridal party got soaked ( I paid 1000 extra for the tent/ceremony set up), my husband and I did not get any food during cocktail hour as discussed, per guests they seemed to run out of food during cocktail hour, the candles that were Melissa's idea, discussed with Sarah, and on the ceremony plan I submitted, were not there so ceremony lacked the planned ambiance, and the program table was up in a corner instead of by the entrance so few guests even noticed there were programs. When I emailed Sarah to thank her for her time and assistance and that I appreciated these extras, and to provide the feedback on these above mentioned things, she was accusatory, defensive, and rude rather than empathetic. She threw in my face what they did extra (things mind you, I had asked for quotes for and they came back and offered free!) rather than acknowledging the other issues, this is one example of many of her lack of professionalism. I had several issues with my contract, it was changed during a guest count update without discussion and was a hassle to have updated back to what was originally written. PS.Deb with room block and Michael at front desk-GREAT

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/21/13, 13 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were very pleased with our daughter's wedding reception. The food was excellent, the service was excellent and all the staff was friendly, helpful and the reception was perfect. A huge thank you to Melissa Flood, who was beyond exceptional in handling all of our arrangements. She really alleviated any stress we felt. We would highly recommend Melissa and your hotel to all of our family and friends!

Profile Picture Tracy, 5/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were very pleased with our daughter's wedding reception. The food was excellent, the service was excellent and all the staff was friendly, helpful and the reception was perfect. A huge thank you to Melissa Flood, who was beyond exceptional in handling all of the arrangements. She really alleviated any stress we felt. We would highly recommend Melissa and your facility to all of our family and friends!

Profile Picture Tracy, 5/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Husband and I had such an amazing wedding thanks to Melissa and her team. They were willing to do whatever it took to make the night amazing. We would recommend them to anyone who is planning an event!

Profile Picture Brooke, 5/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks to Melissa and her team our wedding was a dream wedding!! I gave her an idea and she helped make it happen. The food and staff were incredible. Not one thing went wrong. Our friends and family said it was the best wedding they have ever attended!! I will recommend to anyone who's planning a wedding to use this venue, and enjoy every moment of your big day !!!

Profile Picture Robyn, 9/22/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Metalaye was wonderful to work with, especially Melissa. She was a huge asset to our wedding planning. Our caterer changed 4 months before our wedding. Of course, that made us nervous. However, Melissa quickly put our minds at ease. We met with her & the executive chef. we had even BETTER meals to choose from. She kept our price the same, with even better quality of food. She was very easy to get in touch with, and she never made me feel like I was bugging her. Of course I emailed tons of times in those last few months, and she did not mind a bit! She met at whatever time worked for us. She even upgraded our table settings, since the caterer was changed a few months before the big day. Everything worked out wonderfully. The room brought tears to my eyes. She brought my husband and I to the room, all done, before everyone came in after cocktail hour. It was a great moment we shared, just the 2 of us. It was probably the 1st moment we had alone all day. The additional lighting and place settings completed the room! she also secretly helped my dad set up a screen and projector for a special gift he had planned during our father daughter dance. She was also a huge help when 1 of my sister's water broke right before we got announced in to the reception...and she was 1 of my matron's of honor! Baby was born that night. She worked with the DJ to make it go smoothly, a little behind schedule. Everything got back on schedule quickly though with the fast staff and waiters. Dinner and the rest of the night when smoothly.
I have been to many weddings, as have my parents. My parents said it was the best food they ever had a wedding, and I have to agree. Everything made from scratch makes it soooo much better!
I could not say enough about Melissa Flood and Metalaye. I could not have asked for a better vendor/caterer! It was better than I could have imagined. It was better than what I originally signed up for! Thank you again Metalaye!!!! I definitely give it 5 stars!

Profile Picture Tammy, 9/15/12, 1 Review