Weddings As You Wish Reviews

173 | Mary Esther, FL

173 Reviews for Weddings As You Wish

Don did an excellent job performing our wedding. We have such sweet memories of that day and are very grateful we had someone like him to prepare such sweet words.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2008

We had some unique requests and were able to have our ceremony just the way we wanted it. Don made us feel relaxed and comfortable

Sent on 12/21/2014

We had a fabulous beach wedding officianated by Don!

Sent on 12/21/2014

My husband & I are Catholic, but we wanted an outdoor wedding. Don was very flexible about the readings during the ceremony and allow me to incorporate readings for the ceremony based on my religion. He did an excellent job delivering the message. Most importantly, he gave us the best advice anyone could give us regarding marriage "remember your best friend first and everything will fall into place" 7 years later- we still remember that advice he gave us on our wedding day. He was very professional and very personable. I'm glad that he was a part of our wedding day.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Don was very personable and made our wedding very special :)

Sent on 01/19/2015

Worked with us to make the wedding special.

Abigail · Married on 04/08/2006

Don Goodrum was a wonderful officiant for our Florida beach wedding. He kept in touch with the bride and groom via phone & email regularly during wedding planning. He made the whole process so easy, which we appreciated since ours was a destination wedding. We wrote our own vows and Don did a wonderful job at the rehearsal and ceremony. I would highly recommend his services. He keeps in touch at least yearly via email, which is very sweet.

Sent on 01/02/2015

Rev. Goodrum with Weddings as you Wish was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. We had a small backyard wedding and having him officiate the ceremony was wonderful. He met with us prior to our wedding date and assisted us in any way that we needed him to. If we decided to renew our vows, we would certainly do so with Weddings As You Wish…. Thank you! After 10 years of marriage, we are happier than we were on our wedding day! You made our day super special and we thank you for being a part of it :O)

• F

Frank · Married on 05/15/2004

Don was great. He was easy to work with and professional in every way. He is able to adapt to different plans with very little notice. He does a great job of allowing you to have your day. We met him the day before the wedding and felt like we knew him our whole life. I would highly recommend him especially if you are coming from out of town.

Clotilde · Married on 09/17/2016

Don, Thank you for making our day so special. You made us feel completely peaceful.
    We can't thank you enough.
    Niceville Wedding

Sent on 09/26/2016

Lisa · Married on 03/19/2016

Don was amazing! Everyone at our wedding thought he had know us all our lives! He has us laughing and joking! Our wedding was that much more special because of Don!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Shantelle · Married on 08/07/2015

Don was fantastic. He turned a traditional ceremony into something our family (as well as ourselves) will always remember. We felt like he had known us all of our lives by the way he interacted with us by email and in person. We chose to write our own vows and thank goodness Don prints us cards to read from. There's no way I could've remembered a thing that day while at the altar. I also appreciate the fact Don was able to keep such a large secret from our family and friends - we were already married!!!! He was the best officiant we could've ever asked for.

Sent on 09/04/2015

Rev. Don Goodrum is the fabulous officiant that I have ever met! He helped to make our wedding a special day! I absolutely loved the ceremony that he presented. We researched every officiant in destin and I am glad that I found him! Don is eminently responsive, supportive, and flexible. He helped us to calm in stressful moment, even though I was late for entering the ceremony!lol I am so pleased that he was a part of our wedding! We highly recommend his services.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Katy · Married on 05/04/2014

Me. Goodrum did an amazing job. I'm so thankful that he was our officiant!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Don was an excellent officiant and made us feel comfortable. I would definitely recommend using Don!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Jacki · Married on 09/14/2002

We really enjoyed getting to know Don and will always have fond memories of him and our wonderful wedding. We recommended Don to some friends of ours a few years ago and they were also married by him. My husband and I both give our highest recommendation to anyone who is considering Don to officiate their wedding.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Javen · Married on 10/17/2015

Don was wonderful! I highly recommend him to anyone. He provided us with exactly what we ask and delivered it in a professional and genuine way. Although he was not able to be there for the rehearsal, he met with us at Applebee's to go over the ceremony logistics so we felt comfortable. Again, highly recommend him for anyone getting married or renewing vows.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Don was very respectful and considerate and very quick to answer emails. He communicated well and handled the ceremony with ease. He was super helpful as well with the planning and took us step by step what we needed to do and when.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Shauna · Married on 10/11/2014

3.5

Don was great! Met all our expectations.

Sent on 12/15/2014

3.5

Don was very helpful and professional. He was always willing to answer questions and made sure to be very thorough in covering everything we would need regarding our marriage license, as well as, making sure he covered all the details before the wedding. I was very grateful that he was direct and detailed with his knowledge and instructions.

Sent on 10/19/2015
  • Chelsey

Chelsey Goodpaster · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Our perfect Wedding

Our day was just perfect, we did not have to stress or worry about a thing.

Sent on 12/23/2019

Anthony · Married on 08/11/2013

We had a great experience. Our wedding went off without any complications. The pastor, the beach set up, the photographer and everyone made that day extremely special. We could not have asked for a more pleasant experience.

Sent on 01/20/2015

2.6
      2.0
      2.5
      2.0
      2.5

A few weeks before the wedding, we wrote out and sent our vows to him so he could read them during the ceremony. He kept telling us that they were "too long." So we reduced them. He still said they were too long but agreed to read them. When he read them during the ceremony, both of us wished that we had not reduced the length of our vows as they were not overly long at all.

While I understand that there is only so much feeling and passion that a pastor can put into a ceremony for two people that he does not really know, his delivery seemed impersonal. Also, our ceremony was his third of the day and it negatively impacted his delivery. He was fatigued and it was evident in his delivery.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Weddings As You Wish's reply:

I'm truly sorry you had such a negative reaction to your ceremony. As I believe I told you more than once, if you wanted to keep your vows the way you originally wrote them, you could, but my recommendation was that they were too long. If you disagreed, we could have discussed and you could have had your vows any way you wanted them. I don't dictate to people; I advise based on fifteen years of experience and over 1,600 weddings. I do remember you and your wedding and you're right, I wasn't at my best. Three weddings in one day is too many and I have made significant changes in how many weddings I schedule because of that. I am truly sorry you didn't have a better experience. That said, I wish you both nothing but the best and a truly Merry Christmas.