Weddings and Events by Ruth Reviews

78 | Dallas, TX

78 Reviews for Weddings and Events by Ruth

Linda · Married on 10/22/2017

My husband and I are still in the afterglow of my daughter and son in law's recent strikingly beautiful wedding. We were so fortunate to have Ruth as our wedding planner. She is a seasoned professional with a warm engaging personality. Our journey with Ruth began months before the big day, as she helped the engaged couple develop a wedding day vision that would truly reflect their personality. To make that dream a reality we worked with Ruth's outstanding list of vendors with whom she has established a warm rapport with over the years. Each one said that Ruth is amongst the very best and most respected in her field. Through the entire process, with so many decisions to make and details to attend to, Ruth was continually available as our trusted advisor, confidant and advocate. Thanks to Ruth and her dedicated team, the day of the wedding flowed so smoothly. Ruth was there to oversee everything from beginning to end. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect start to our daughter and son in law's life together. If you want stress free wedding planning with a beautiful wedding day outcome, I highly recommend Ruth as your wedding planner. As my daughter said, "It will be even more than you could have ever imagined."

Sent on 11/01/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/11/2017

Ruth promised us a day we would never forget and then she delivered! She was so detail oriented and made sure that every single detail was planned and run by us so that the day of, nothing went wrong. Ruth helped us select all of our vendors (all of which we LOVE) and she took care of everything from meetings to communication about the timeline. If I had to do it over again, I would hire Ruth in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Daniel · Married on 05/28/2017

My sister got married last week at a 300-person wedding at Temple Emanuel. I saw first hand how Ruth managed the logistics and kept the bride and groom focused on family and friends. She did a great job. She had printed out schedules for everyone and directed the show when she needed to and stayed out of the spotlight at other times. She brought my sister's vision to life. I write Ruth this review for 2 reasons. A) She was also involved in my older sister's wedding 10 yrs ago, so I feel as if my family has a lot of experience with her B) I was married 1.5yrs ago (in another state), so from that experience could see areas my own wedding planner was lacking, and could notice how much better Ruth was.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Claire · Married on 05/28/2017

Ruth is the most professional, flexible, and superb wedding planner we could have wished for. She is superbly organized and didn't bother unless it was important or necessary. She prepared a timeline and executed every detail to perfection. It took the stress off the wedding and allowed us much time to spend with family and close out-of-town friends. She also negotiated good pricing with vendors and coordinated well with the caterer and all the staff at Temple. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/05/2017
  • SHINY OBJECTS

Kate · Married on 03/26/2017

We hired Ruth for a partial wedding package since we had already booked a lot of our vendors when we came to her. She went above and beyond this in every way imaginable. She is extremely detailed and made sure everything went exactly as we wanted. Even though the wedding was in Fort Worth and she's based in Dallas (about an hour drive apart), she made several trips out to Fort Worth to check out and meet with the venues. She met with us numerous times prior to the wedding, and always for as long as we needed, we were never rushed. By the time the day came, she knew exactly our tastes and priorities, and we were able to hand everything over to her and just enjoy the day. It was obvious that she truly cared about us and making our day perfect. Everything at the ceremony and reception was just what we wanted (and some things even better), and went off so smoothly under her detailed direction. Every vendor she recommended was also excellent and very experienced-I felt like the vendors we got through her were of a higher caliber and experience level than I ever expected to get within our budget. Although I'm sure she could do any wedding well, her knowledge of Jewish weddings far exceeded any other planners that we met with, including other ones who specialize in Jewish Weddings. Ruth was absolutely instrumental in making sure everything was included and executed perfectly.

On the day of the wedding she brought 2 assistants who were both wonderful as well. We didn't have to lift a finger or think about a thing and were able to just enjoy it. We knew we were in excellent hands with Ruth. Ruth and her team really exceeded our already high expectations and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner, whether from start to finish, or partial like us. You will not regret it.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Kerrie · Married on 12/17/2016

Ruth is an army of one! She gave her personal and professional best. The bride was able to enjoy her special day and we, the parents also knew we could relax because Ruth handled everything for us including vendor arrangements, wandering bridal party members and hotel staff. She is The Best!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Abby · Married on 12/03/2016

Ruth was incredible, she truly brought my vision to life. Ruth's experience, creativity, and dedication to our wedding made it the BEST wedding ever, she considered every detail and pulled it all together. I know Ruth had several weddings and brides she was working with during my engagement but it felt like her world revolved around my wedding, and it meant so much to me and my family. She's now part of my family and we can't wait to celebrate the next event with her!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/19/2016

Ruth was a wonderful wedding planner/coordinator throughout the whole process of planning the very best day of my life! She offers 3 levels of service to her clients which allows for a lot of flexibility for those brides that already have a specific vision and who may want to plan the big stuff on their own; offering different levels also helps meet the needs of different wedding budgets. She will provide as much or as little aid during planning as the bride desires; and the team she brings on the wedding day is absolutely wonderful. Ruth has a reputable list of vendors but is always open to new ideas and vendors as well. She makes sure her clients are comfortable with all the vendors and specifics of each contract. One of Ruth's biggest strengths is her ability to manage logistics of the big day. She made everything seamless and takes away any worry or concern for the couple and their families. Ruth was especially sweet and understanding during any bridal meltdowns that occurred during the planning process. Ruth is extremely professional and by the end of the wedding night she feels more like family. I can't imagine sharing my special day with anyone else.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Linda · Married on 11/19/2016

I would definitely recommend Weddings and Events by Ruth. She was extremely helpful and supportive through the entire planning process, from selecting the venue and vendors to the day of the event. I was able to thoroughly enjoy my daughters wedding and not worry about a thing that day.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Rikki · Married on 10/29/2016

Ruth made all of the decision making seamless and everything came off flawlessly. She has great vision! She is really great at helping you with where to put your dollars for the most impact. She has excellent resources for vendors, and works well with everyone-vendors, bride and groom, and mother of the bride. Excellent choice to help you plan your most important day.

Sent on 11/02/2016

David · Married on 10/29/2016

Ruth was great from start to finish. Very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Ariana · Married on 06/26/2016

Ruth was amazing in helping my my groom and me plan our perfect wedding, especially with us being in a completely different city. All of the vendors she suggested to my family and me over this past year were amazing. We couldn't have had such a great time and perfect day without her help!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Robin · Married on 06/26/2016

From the beginning, Ruth was ready to create a personalized wedding just for Ariana and Matthew. She wanted to know who they were, how they meet, what was important to them and what they wanted for their special day. Ruth was there every step of the way, from locating the perfect venue (which we tried to do on our own - to no avail) to running an exquisitely wedding day that showed off who the couple was and why they were unique.

Ruth is passionate about celebrating the couple’s individuality and helps find venders that will bring out the uniqueness for that special day. Her network of vendors is excessive. She is extremely organized, efficient, and helped all of us stick to a timeline. Ruth has the entire process streamlined and easy to follow, she understood the kids vision and I knew we could trust her with all of the details.

The Friday before the wedding she to the house and picked up everything needed for their special day, so nothings would be left behind. We had a list of what we needed to bring and were ready to go for Sunday, two days early. Which helped since we had guest arriving for Shabbat Dinner in a few hours.
    On Sunday morning, things couldn’t have gone smoother. She handled all the logistics behind the scenes so family and friends could enjoy this special day stress free. I couldn’t imagine this dream wedding without her.

“Thank you Ruth for being the best Wedding Planner, your help and now friendship was so very appreciated.”

Sent on 07/08/2016

Rivka · Married on 05/26/2016

Ruth helped us realize all our dreams and we could never have managed without her.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Alvin · Married on 05/14/2016

Ruth is a consummate professional. Her guidance and preparation made our affair flow smoothly and without problems. We were able to enjoy my daughters wedding without worrying about the details. We could not have selected a better wedding planner.

Sent on 05/20/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/14/2016

Ruth was absolutely key in the success and flawlessness of my wedding. She spent a year planning with my family and I, and provided advice and guidance along the way. Not only was every vendor she recommended great, the day of the wedding was carefree and stress-free for myself, the groom, and my entire family. Thank you Ruth for the great experience!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Weddings and Events by Ruth's reply:

Thank you Sarah ! It was a pleasure working with you , Jared and your family and I am so happy you were satisfied with the team of vendors and that you all got to enjoy your special day!!!
  • I

Ilene · Married on 03/19/2016

We had the pleasure of using Ruth for two of our children and couldn't be happier with her professionalism and attention to detail. She helped turn both weddings into the perfect, magical day. We highly recommend hiring her!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Ruth was there for us from the early planning stages over a year and a half ago and right on through the wedding event! She was patient, concerned, understanding, detail-oriented, responsive and available. She met the significant challenges of communicating with and working with the bride and groom who live 1200 miles away! She is very knowledgable and a pleasure to work with! I would recommend Ruth without reservation.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Ruth was invaluable in my opinion. She was quick to get back to me if I had any questions. She took lots of notes because she didn't want to make any mistake in what was wanted for my daughter's wedding.
    We were planning an outdoor ceremony, but two days before the wedding those plans needed to be changed. It started raining and was to continue until the day after the wedding. Ruth switched gears. The ballroom for the reception was now where the ceremony was to be held also. Everything was beautiful and the transition was seamless.
    Thank you, Ruth.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Aimee · Married on 09/06/2015

Ruth started a year and half journey with my parents and me as our wedding planner and ended the journey as a "fourth" member of our family. She patiently walked us through one of the most stressful and crazy times in a woman's life. From attending every vendor meeting with us, to the late night calls or texts to calm my nerves, or the countless meetings at my parents office, she did it all with a smile on her face. :) She knew just what to say to calm my nerves.

Every bride has her own unique vision and dreams for her big day, and Ruth makes sure that both become a reality. She went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect for my wedding.

My parents, in-laws, husband and I were all told by numerous people during the reception and after the wedding that it was the best wedding that they have ever attended. I am very confident that Ruth is the main reason I had the best wedding in not just my eyes but others too!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Shelley · Married on 09/06/2015

Our dreams + Ruth's vision = the prefect wedding for our daughter! Our wedding was a dream come true! Ruth was absolutely fabulous planning every detail. We hired her to plan the entire wedding from start to finish. We could not have had the wedding we did without her guidance, knowledge and experience with wonderful vendors. She was always available and a delight to have working with us. She is a friend forever!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Laura · Married on 06/14/2015

Ruth is very organized and has a lot of patience. She helped make sure each vendor know their roles, was on time, and she also got us a lot of discounts! Ruth was a great deal of help on the day of the wedding too!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Kim · Married on 06/07/2015

Ruth is more than an A+! She is extremely organized, well-connected with popular Dallas vendors, and is able to tailor your wedding based on exactly what you want. Ruth was always available when I called her. She was calm and kept me calm by staying on top of everything. Because of Ruth and her amazing assistants, I did not have to worry about one thing the entire weekend of my wedding.

Sent on 06/13/2015

David · Married on 06/07/2015

We would highly recommend Ruth as a wedding event planner. She took control of everything, to the last detail, with care and commitment. We all enjoyed working with Ruth, as she carefully listens to her clients and delivers exactly what they envision.

Thanks Ruth for making our daughters wedding an amazing and unforgetful celebration!!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Ruth was extremely helpful in planning our daughter’s wedding and attending to every detail the on the day of the wedding. This wedding was more complicated because it was a combination of elements from both orthodox and conservative Jewish traditions. Months ahead, Ruth worked with me on a budget that worked for us and provided me with options for the various vendors and general pricing on each. She also provided me a timetable so I could feel confident that everything was being taken care of in a timely manner. Ruth reviewed all contracts and answered or addressed questions with the vendors as needed. By the time the big day arrived, I was confident that everything that could be done was done. Four days before the wedding, I handed everything over to Ruth, physically and otherwise. I was not worried, because I knew she would make sure everything would go smoothly and it did. There were things that had to be changed slightly the day of the wedding, that she took care of and I didn't even know about them until later. I would highly recommend Ruth.

Sent on 05/27/2015