11 Reviews for WeddingBox Lake Como

Full Planning (1)
Destination (1)
Religious (1)
11 WeddingBox Lake Como Reviews

Sally and her team at Weddingbox are absolutely phenomenal. Michael and I decided we wanted to get married in Italy and emailed a few companies. Sally replied within half an hour. We only had a small budget and were worried we would not be able to afford it. However Sally made us feel completely at ease and gave us some options with how she could help us. So we got Married at Villa Cipressi on the 18th August. It was beautifully set up with an appertivo buffet after. Sally then arranged for a big boat to take us both and 49 guest to a reception venue ristorante sottevento. The boat trip was Amazing everyone loved it. The food was fantastic and the DJ Sally arranged was perfect. Sally worked tirelessly on the day with her assistant. They both also manger to join in with some dancing. The day was just the most magical day ever. We cant thank you enough Sally. We miss Varenna and will be back to reminiss one day!

Profile Picture Emma, 8/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sally and her team are beyond amazing at everything they do! All we had in mind was Lake Maggiore and Sally guided us to picking the most perfect venues for the ceremony and reception (Villa Giulia & Grand Hotel Majestic) in Pallanza. I was absolutely clueless about what I wanted/how the jumbled vision we had would come together until Sally made sense of it all, especially with the flowers which I kept changing. She even helped us with transportation regarding how to arrive (we flew from the U.S.) and how best to leave for our honeymoon throughout the Mediterranean. We spent our wedding night at the Hotel Belvedere on Isola Pescatori and went by boat after the reception which came together with timing like that of a scene in a movie! Sally also suggested where to have our pre-wedding dinner - which was delicious and recommended several other great restaurants we tried in the days leading up to the wedding! Our photographer, Enrico Mocci, and his assistant were amazing (another great suggestion from Sally!) and our pictures look so natural and reflect our love and the magic of our wedding day! The entire experience of planning the wedding and the actual wedding itself was better than we could have dreamed. The best thing about Sally and her team, they are lovely people! One of our favorite moments pre-wedding was being able to meet in person - so much positive energy, knowledge of, and passion for what she does (and quite excellently). It should be noted that Sally can stop the rain: the morning of our wedding it was storming so badly that I couldn't see the lake from my window. By 2pm the sky was so blue wit puffy white clouds and the mountains were once again visible (as was the rest of the lake)! We miss you Sally! - Tom and Kacie

Profile Picture Kacie, 5/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Destination, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

I can honestly say thanks to Sally and her wonderful team, me and my husband literally had the best wedding we could have possibly hoped for. There is no way I could have planned our wedding in the stunning Lake Orta without all her knowledge and help, especially with the language barrier and the more 'relaxed' approach from the Italian suppliers.

We had never heard of Lake Orta and it was Sally who suggested it based on the type of day we were looking for. It is the most beautiful, authentic Italian town, and would never have discovered it without her. The wedding and reception venues she helped us choose were gorgeous and our 30 guests all said it was one of the best weddings they had been to.

Sally was so patient and answered anything and EVERYTHING that ran through my mind. How she copes with so many emails, I do not know!

The day ran so smoothly and I felt so relaxed. Would recommend her and WeddingBox to anyone looking to marry in Italy.

Huge thanks

Niki & Mark

Profile Picture Nicola, 7/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We live in Canada so when we started to think about having a wedding overseas, in a beautiful yet remote place such as Lake Como (Bellagio) , everyone, including our families/friends, thought we were crazy.
As you can imagine, we were very nervous and anxious from all the unknowns, considering that we were on a tight budget. Also did we forget to mention that we have never been to Lake Como before?
All the knowledge we had about the venue (Villa del Balbianello) and the location was from our dear old friend google.
SO we started our search for a wedding planner and after speaking with a bunch of companies, we met Sally (skyped). We honestly believe that choosing Sally to plan our wedding, has and will always be one of our smartest and luckiest decisions when it comes to such an important life event.
She was patient, she was attentive, she was full of guidance and honest advise, she was ready, she was understanding and above all she was super nice! She could always calm us down if we had a moment of panic:) Everything on our wedding day, went as smoothly as it can possibly be.
From the caterer (Biago the caterer - Class Eventi), the musicians, the flowers, to the photographer (Cristiano)....everything was simply beautiful, elegant and tasteful.

To everyone who is thinking about getting married in Lake Como, Sally is simply amazing and she will make your day extra special just like you imagine it.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Editte&Isli, 7/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Planning a wedding in Italy from the United States seemed extremely daunting at first but as soon as I found Sally with Wedding Box Lake Como, I instantly realized that with her help I could plan my dream wedding! Sally was the first to respond to several emails that I sent out to various wedding planners on the Lake and her responsiveness was one of the reasons I chose Wedding Box Lake Como. I am so glad that I selected Sally to plan my wedding, her responsiveness was amazing throughout the planning process and she helped me pick the perfect vendors....everythi

Profile Picture Dawn, 6/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

What a helpful, perfect and friendly service! We booked Sally's advice just for some organized stuff for our wedding and were totally happy. She gave different suggestions, helped to choose and was great structured and communicate effectively.
We defenitly will recommend her to friends ! You are in good hands planning the event.

Profile Picture andrea, 5/31/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I was absolutely astounded by the ease of planning my wedding, because basically Sally and Gemma from Weddingbox did pretty much everything. From the samples, suggestions to carrying out the bookings, services and finally to the actual event, their responsiveness and services were carried out to beyond maximum and always with great efficiency and with smiles and warmth.
We had changed our minds quite a bit to the extent where you would reasonably expect them to get rather annoyed, flustered, stressed - but they took everything in their stride and a turnaround during planning was always less than 24 hours. It was literally as if they dropped everything on earth to answer your emails, your requests, to gather details and information for you - it really felt this way.
On the day of the event itself, everything was already perfectly aligned and set up apparently, as I was assured by the first guests to arrive. At dinner, there were some glitches with guests turning up unexpected, being late, forgetting the table names, etc. - Sally and Gemma were there, reacted immediately with a solution and again, always with smiles and warmth. Right until the very end, I slowly realized that Sally and Gemma were still there, past midnight I'm guessing, to make sure things were really fine and all is smooth and working; fantastic services beyond what was paid for!
There was not a fault I can find with Weddingbox and I am very confident, with the ease, professionalism and cheerfulness they interacted with our wedding planning and the wedding itself, that they have done and will do the same for countless lucky couples' weddings. I cannot stress enough how happy we have been with them and again, a massive thank you to Sally and Gemma for this.

Profile Picture Ésa, 8/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Sally and Gemma made our wedding in Lake Como so easy. Once we decided on the venue and dates Sally prompted us for all decisions and legalities. We travelled to meet her in the following April to taste food at the venue and chose an after party venue. There were some complications as the venue lost their license but Sally arranged our plan B option and no stress occurred. Sally also helped us find somewhere to steam my dress after packing, she arranged the favours we bought over perfectly and coordinated the day with no fuss. We simply didn't have to worry about a thing as she was always in the background planning the next move. The day was perfect, the venue villa cipressi was stunning and our guests were blown away. We now have the most beautiful photos which capture the day perfectly and the best wedding memories we could have hoped for.

Profile Picture Jade, 8/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Wedding Planning

My wife and I were married at Villa Balbianello on 29, June 2013. We had dreamed about getting married at lake Como but never thought it was possible. We were worried about planning something overseas, not knowing the language. We were also worried about sending money overseas and were stressed that someone over there might take our money in some sort of a fraudulent internet scheme. Then the greatest thing happened- we found Sally at the wedding box! As English speaking people from the U.S., it was very helpful that she was British and there was no language barrier. She is highly organized, has a great knowledge of Lake Como and all of the surrounding areas and speaks fluent Italian.
Sally thought of every detail. She has access to great photographers, restaurants, hotels and even a flower shop that created our beautiful flowers. She offered every amenity that could possibly be offered at a wedding, but understood that we were on a budget and helped us to stay within our budget.
She permitted us to wire money to her, then she put down deposits for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and the private boat and shuttle. In the months leading up to the ceremony, she even went out of her way to help us with a few things outside of the wedding that we were trying to plan in the days before the ceremony.
The morning of the wedding, both Sally and Gemma met with us at the hotel. The two of them took care of every detail all day! The celebrant she set us up with was wonderful. The villa was personalized and even though we did not pay to have it exclusively, she set it up so that it felt like it was all ours! The restaurants Sally recommended for the rehearsal dinner and the reception had exceptional food and service. Sally was with us every step of the way on the wedding day. She even came to the reception and danced with us!
There is not a rating high enough, not enough stars and no words to describe the experience that Sally and Gemma provided for us.

Profile Picture JJ and Leah, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Sally was absolutely amazing from beginning to end! She was super responsive, flexible and very accommodating to all of our needs! We had a ton of questions throughout the process, but she was really patient with us and happy to look into whatever we were keen to do. She's also super friendly and fun so it was a real pleasure having her as our wedding planner. The whole process was clearly explained to us but if we had any queries, Sally was on hand to answer them immediately! She also negotiated us great deals on flowers, food, musicians, boat hire etc etc -overall we had the most amazing day and I cannot thank her enough for all of her help and support!!

Profile Picture ALEX, 6/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We decided to get married in Lake Como because it just looked perfect but we looked around a few wedding planners and they were so expensive we just couldn't afford it. Thankfully before we gave up we came across WeddingBox. We can't thank Sally enough she took on our small budget wedding and made it a dream!
Sally made the whole process stress free with fast replies to our emails and always answered all our questions even the crazy ones! Sally arranged everything even helping us out with transport to and from the airport. Everything Sally arranged for us was just perfect, we cant thank her enough! If you are planning to get married in Italy Weddingbox is the place to go!
We would also like to thank Gemma who we met on our wedding day and is now running the Lake Como branch. Both her and Sally were there the whole day for us and kept everything running smoothly, making everybody so relaxed and able to just enjoy the day.

Danielle & Jason x

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Planning