Wedding Music Charleston Reviews

137 | Summerville, SC

137 Reviews for Wedding Music Charleston

Skip · Married on 09/30/2017

Michael is certainly a well rounded talent in the music industry. His skill as a singer and musician as well as a wedding Dj is certainly at the professional level. He loves to share his knowledge with others in the industry and I'm proud to have him as not only a fellow Dj but as a friend. CDJA is proud to have him as a leader in our local group.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/24/2017

We had Michael DJ for our wedding June 24, 2017. We absolutely enjoyed every part of his service. Was extremely patient with us and made sure our night went every way we wanted. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Christa · Married on 06/22/2017

Michael was our dj for our wedding back in June 2017. He was amazing and so fun! My family doesn't usually dance but everybody was dancing the entire time and its all thanks to him. He really listened to our preferences and made sure everybody was having a great time!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 06/03/2017

Our experience with Michael was amazing!! Right from the beginning, he was extremely responsive and provided suggestions even before we'd booked. Our wedding location had some unique challenges since it was outside (Pelican Watch Pavilion on Folly Beach), but Michael knew exactly how he'd set up and make sure things went smoothly. We were on a budget so I did all the planning myself and out of all our vendors, Michael was the most helpful in helping me create the perfect wedding timeline that would work for our venue. I also really appreciated his suggestions for music. On the day of the wedding, everything was perfect! From the ceremony to the first dance to the dance floor, everything was exactly as we'd planned it. He even coordinated with an important out-of-town guest to allow him to give a speech despite not being able to be there. Michael has a way of making sure everything's going ok and checking in the perfect amount without interfering with the reception. He always knew the perfect song to play and was able to keep the dance party going. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to book Michael again. Thank you for being such an important part of our big day!!!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Eva · Married on 05/28/2017

We got married on Memorial Day weekend at Medicine Wind Farm and booked Michael late in the game; but better late than never and what a great decision this was! He is a seasoned wedding music professional and it shows. Along with our contract we received an entire music timeline of our wedding and were asked to pick songs for everything. He gave super helpful tips as in how to complete the form, what to watch out for, playlists, guidelines, you name it! He had a very in depth conversation about the finalized timeline with us the week before the wedding, which was great. We booked Michael as DJ for music at our ceremony site including mics for pastor, groom, readings etc, music at reception and party including dance floor lighting. One of the most important things to us for our wedding day was for our guests to enjoy themselves, have fun and dance. Mike, mission accomplished! Our guests are STILL talking about how much fun they had dancing the night away and they loved the music and DJ! Everyone had a blast and there’s not much more you can ask for as the host of a wedding. Thank you for being an awesome vendor and so easy and great to work with! I highly recommend booking Michael. Our wedding was featured on Southern Bride’s Real Weddings and I am so excited for our vendors. They truly deserve it!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Rebecca · Married on 04/22/2017

Michael D Peifer and his company Event Music Charleston was top notch from start to finish on our wedding day festivities. He was professional yet fun and the talent was great of he and his musicians. I have ZERO complaints or suggestions for he and his band, they were all incredible! We wanted to keep the party going and he obliged without a hitch and stayed over for over an hour playing music. I would recommend he and his company to everyone looking for talent, fun, and professionalism.

Sent on 05/01/2017

candy · Married on 04/15/2017

As mother of the bride, I have to say that I heard so many complements from our guests about our choice of music! Michael played solo guitar for the ceremony, which I had never heard of before. It was absolutely beautiful! He also played and sang during happy hour (while we were doing pictures).
    AND magically converted to full fledged announcer and DJ during the reception. Everyone just loved him! He's not that "loud, obnoxious, show hog, comedian-wannabe" DJ you've seen at other weddings! He's very smooth and professional. He knew just what to play when! AND we will remember forever the Little Mermaid song he played for our daughter and her cousins. They wore out that VHS one summer at the beach. They had the entire movie memorized. When they heard that song at the reception they came from every direction to the dance floor to sing that song together. Good memories!! He said no one told him to play it.....he just knew because his daughter was crazy about the movie, too! Thank you, Michael, for your personal service. We feel like you are a member of our family! forever a fan!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Stephanie · Married on 03/25/2017

Michael Peifer, the owner of Wedding Music Charleston is top notch! He was the DJ for my wedding, and performed acoustic music for my ceremony. I was at a loss when it came to planning my timeline, and he helped me decide what would flow the best. He got my guests dancing at a morning brunch reception, which is impressive. His communication and material he provides you with is excellent. If you go to their website, they have links on venues, wedding tips, and so much more that goes above and beyond the services they specifically offer. That shows how much they care about helping make your wedding perfect. Michael and I talked on the phone and had an in-face meeting then another 30 minute conversation the week of the wedding to confirm details, which put me at ease. I got so many compliments on the song selections he played. Don't try to pick every single song played at your wedding. I promise, if you tell him the idea you are going for, he will deliver excellent entertainment. He managed to play my absolute favor types of songs, and I didn't even tell him. He has an extensive acoustic solo song list, as well as different band options. Wedding Music Charleston does it all! I would book them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 04/02/2017

Jacqueline · Married on 02/19/2017

Michael is amazing! Very professional, and easy to work with. He asked us to fill out a questionnaire before the wedding and we spoke with him multiple times to help him understand exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. He played the guitar and sang for cocktail hour and then DJed for the remainder of the reception. He played everything we asked for and was able to feel out the guests and play what he thought they would like. We had a very wide range age gap but everyone enjoyed the music and complimented on how accommodating and enjoyable the DJ was. Michael definitely helped make our wedding reception an evening to remember. Would definitely recommend Wedding Music Charleston! Thank you for a fabulous evening.

Sent on 02/24/2017
  • Keenan

Keenan · Married on 12/10/2016

Michael/Wedding Music Charleston was such an incredible choice for our wedding! We used their DJ services and from the moment we met all the way through until the very last song played at the wedding, Michael handled himself with professionalism and took care of all of our needs. We gave him a list of the songs we wanted played, and he played them. He also took note of the ones we didn't want, and did not play those. We were really excited to dance all night with our guests, and he made sure the dance floor was full all night long. Also, we really appreciated that he continued to check in with us (bride/groom) throughout the night. During cocktail hour, before the toasts, before we cut the cake, etc., Michael made sure everything was going according to what we wanted. He was flexible with us and still managed to play all our favorites even though we cut the reception 30 minutes shorter than what we had planned. I HIGHLY recommend Wedding Music Charleston for your event!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Kim · Married on 11/20/2016

Michael made our event remarkable! Everyone was out of their seats all night! I would highly recommend Wedding Music Charleston.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Jaime · Married on 11/10/2016

Michael was incredibly easy to work with and knew exactly what was I was looking for without having to explain. He delivered for our event as a flawless DJ. All of our members loved him and we will definitely be using him again in the future. If you are looking for an fantastic DJ that wont disappoint stop looking and book Wedding Music Charleston!!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Ashleigh · Married on 11/05/2016

very responsive! showed up with plenty of time to see venue and set up. very professional with a desire to entertain the crowd.

Sent on 11/22/2016

April · event on: 10/23/2016

Michael DJ'd for my Class Reunion, the music was all 80s as requested and there was always someone on the dance floor and his commentary helped make the night great. I have also gone to several venues when he and the group performed live. They are even better live, the quality of the band and the singing is Great. Not just great listening but your also able to dance to it. They are very professional and I always enjoy watching them play.

Sent on 11/18/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/17/2016

Michael made our wedding night a breeze! He stayed in communication leading up to the event with a couple of scheduling/location changes we made and was always super understanding, friendly and accommodating. We had a 30 minute phone call a week before the wedding to go over final details, flow, and name pronunciations. I planned our whole wedding myself and I was so thankful for his expertise when he made suggestions to help our event flow better.

He was fully prepared and did an AMAZING job keeping the flow of the night going and keeping the dance floor packed. Played some of our suggested songs and did a great job feeling out the crowd! He even brought out some extra lighting that livened up the night even more. He's an excellent planner and entertainer! If you're debating on who to hire...book Michael. These reviews don't lie and he will work tirelessly to make your big day special, just like he did for us!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Mike · Married on 09/09/2016

Michael did an amazing job! Being from MN and having the wedding in Charleston he worked close with us pre-wedding to make sure we were both on the same page. His sound system was clear and perfect, the music selection exactly the type we requested and he MC'd our special day like a pro by making it about us! Thanks Michael! Totally recommend you to anyone who ask because you are a true professional!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Justin · Married on 09/04/2016

Michael Pfeiffer is a great DJ and he did a great job communicating before, during and after the ceremony to help all things run smoothly. I would definitely recommend Wedding Music Charleston if you are having any type of event in the South East region. I expect them to be great for all events, not just weddings. Great value all around.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Kristopher e Scott · Married on 09/03/2016

Best dj ever

We hired Michael to DJ our wedding. While we were talking to him we had mentioned looking for someone to possible play live music for the ceremony. It was then that we found out that Michael was able to play guitar and sing. During and prior to the ceremony, Michael play the acoustic guitar (solo) to several choices of music we had. Prior to the date he had practiced and even made sure we were comfortable with it. He did amazing. After our ceremony for the send off, we asked Michael to play some Hootie and the Blowfish and if he felt comfortable with singing the song to go for it. He played and sang Only Wanna Be With You and blew it out of the water. After the ceremony Michael transitioned into DJ mode. He got the party started during the Happy Hour. Before it was time to introduce the bridal party and the bride and grooms grand entrance, our wedding planner started getting pushy and was trying to force Michael to begin introducing us before the photographer was set. He stood his ground to make sure that we were able to get the pictures to capture our day. In addition, Michael took it upon himself at no extra cost to us to record key things from the wedding. This including our vows, first dance, last dance and a few other things. These were appreciated more than he knew. My son was sick during the reception and was not able to be out there for most of it. While we were waiting for our limo to get there, the wedding planner told the photographer that we had already left. We made it on the floor for one more slow dance and my son was able to come out there and dance with me and my new bride. If it wasn't for Michael I would not have had anything to capture the moment. If you want your day to be perfect, hire Michael. I get really suspicious on reviews so if anybody needs to verify or has question feel free to email me. kris@scaviationmanagement.com

Kris S.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Kris- It was wonderful working with you and I am happy that I could be a part of such a lovely event with such amazing people. Blessings for your family! Michael

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2016

Michael was great! He made the night perfect! The band was great and had all of our guests dancing the night away. I highly recommend them, they are great entertainers and affordable.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

Michael did an absolutely amazing job performing at both our ceremony and reception!!
    We cant thank you enough thank you so much!!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Ellen · Married on 05/29/2016

We've already covered Michael's Facebook page in our happy reviews and in all the amazing, hilarious footage he took of our reception, in which we screamed the words to every song and danced so non-stop that friends laughed he might be trying to kill us. He found the perfect balance between the mainstream dance music we wanted, the songs that were our college hits, the songs our families would happily dance to, and the random requests we had ('Uh, Michael, can we get that song from Mulan? How about a techno version of Country Roads?'). We knew we were in great hands when a musically picky friend at dinner asked us for our playlist and we could honestly say we couldn't give it to him since Michael was the one curating everything. If you want a personalized set list without the smarmy wedding announcements and with a friendly, energetic, flexible and responsive DJ, look no further.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

I simply cannot be more blessed to have met Dylan and Ellen as well as each one of their friends and family. Tropical Storm Bonnie was seriously threatening (within minutes, literally) and that can truly be stressful for any wedding. Everyone was wonderfully positive and that made for a truly amazing event! The lesson is that magical events are a group effort. When everyone involved works hard and remains positive (guests and vendors alike) even when things look difficult, the magic explodes into beautiful memories for all. (Including the DJ :)
    PS- This Saturday past (June 25, 2016) was a similar experience in Edisto- gale force winds and sideways rain overturned tables and even threatened to dismantle the tent. The happy couple and each and every guest (as well a group of the most steadfast and dedicated vendors ever- including all of the members of my Wedding Band, "Baggage Claim") rolled up their sleeves and pulled up their boots and put it all back together again, just in time for an EPIC reception! The moral? Miracles happen when people care enough about others to go the extra mile. A few well-placed prayers help a lot too. :)

BLESSINGS to you, Dylan and Ellen, for a long and glorious life together. I am sure that it will be a breeze for two as wonderful as you!
    Michael- Owner, Wedding Music Charleston

Kevin · Married on 04/16/2016

Michael provided music for our pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour. He was very detailed in his preparation and we felt at ease that he would deliver on the vision that we had for our day. He knocked it out of the park! Michael went above and beyond to make our day special and we would recommend his services to anyone.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Jenna · Married on 04/07/2016

Michael was an absolute professional! He has mastered his craft at getting people on the dance floor. He was a huge help coordinating events during the reception.
    He was also able to work with us on our price and was able to provide us with a military discount for my husband's active service.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Cindy · event on: 12/11/2015

Michael really puts everything into giving you a great show/music. He really cares and delivers the BEST!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Charleston ENT Holiday Party at N Chas Convention Center- Live Acoustic Holiday music, Live Party Band "Baggage Claim" and Pro DJ Services with Lighting. Great group of folks to work with- Thanks for the opportunity!

Stephanie · Married on 11/07/2015

Michael was absolutely amazing! I planned my wedding from California, and wasn't able to meet him in person prior to the event. He made me feel VERY comfortable booking/planning it all regardless! He is very detail oriented and made sure to think through each part of the ceremony (where he played acoustic guitar) and the reception (where he DJed). He thought of everything that was necessary for the event to run smoothly. The value he provides for the price is amazing (many of my friends paid twice the price for a DJ)!

I would without a doubt recommend him for anyone who is in need of a DJ! Thank you for an amazing night!!

Sent on 12/21/2015