Wedding Flowers by Russ Phillip Reviews

9 | Downers Grove, IL

9 Reviews for Wedding Flowers by Russ Phillip

Brenna · Married on 06/27/2015

Our flowers were an absolute dream, I could not have imagined them better! I gave Russ some photos of what I was picturing and he took them and turned them into exactly what I wanted! He was easy to get in touch with if I wanted anything changed and I loved how laid back he was! I would recommend him to anyone who needs flowers for an event!

Sent on 08/04/2015

I am a side florist and have ordered from Russ for the past year. He is very easy to work with and very personable. This order was by far the best quality of flowers I have ever received! The shipping was speedy. Russ had to substitute for a few flowers due to availability or poor quality and I am so happy with the choices he made. The best bang for your buck!

Sent on 10/08/2014

We asked Russ to do the flowers for 2 of our daughters weddings this year...one in February and one in October. They were both AWESOME!!! Can't begin to tell you how many people raved about the beautiful bouguets and floral arrangements, etc..they were stunning!!!!! The customer service can't be matched and prices are more than reasonable. I plan to tell everyone I know to call him for weddings or any other event needing floral arrangements. Thank you Russ (and your entire staff) for making both of my daughter's weddings so beautiful :)

Sherri
    "Mother of the Brides"

Sent on 10/24/2013

Tara · Married on 10/13/2012

Beautiful flowers arrived the day before my wedding. Stayed beautiful for my wedding night the next night. Make sure you refrigerate them right away.

Sent on 12/21/2012
  • Stephanette

Stephanette · Married on 09/23/2012

For starters this is not a normal florist, they are a wholesale flower seller just like the title claims. We went this way since we decided to do the flower arranging ourselves, and if that is your choice as well we highly suggest this place. They had what we wanted for a decent price and gave excellent instructions for the care of the flowers during the couple days we had them before the ceremony. Best of all, they were cut at just the right stage so by the ceremony all the flowers were in full bloom. If you want to contact Russ there is a contact sheet though the website here: http://www.russwholesaleflowers.com/

Sent on 10/19/2012

Russ is definitely a down to earth and cool guy to work with. He made ordering the flowers for my DIY wedding a breeze. Prices CANNOT BE BEAT! I got 360 mini calla lillies, half yellow and half white in September 2013. The yellow callas were very big and bright, the white callas were much smaller and some of them did were not holding up very well. ORDER MORE THAN YOU NEED to ensure you will have enough good ones (which I luckily did).

Sent on 09/18/2013

3.0

These flowers were gorgeous. The only downside was that since we ordered lilies, They did not open in time for the wedding, I would suggest delivery a week and a half before the date of the wedding if ordering stargazer lilies. This is the only reason for the low star in value since we were unable to use the flowers for the wedding since they were not open. We did receive great service though.

Sent on 10/30/2012

3.4
      3.0
      2.5

Flowers were one of the most important aspects of my wedding day, so I wanted them to be perfect. We initially met with Russ in person to discuss my vision and I gave him some pictures of what I wanted. When the big day came, some of the floral pieces were spot on and gorgeous! However, some items fell short of my expectations. My bouquet and the cake flowers were my biggest disappointment. My bouquet was way "tighter" than I had requested (I wanted it loose and flowy) and the cake flowers looked nothing like the picture I provided. These flowers were still pretty, just not what I had envisioned. Also, at times it seemed to be rather difficult to get in touch with Russ. And whenever we did communicate, I got the notion that I was bothering him with my questions/revisions. I just felt like things we discussed were getting lost in the shuffle.

Sent on 11/28/2016

1.4
      0.5

What a disaster! The customer service is sub par. In order to place an order or to contact them for customer service related issues you need to leave a message and a representative returns your call at a later time. This would have not been an issue if they actually returned your call! I called numerous times requesting to change the delivery of my flowers because I had moved and never received a return call. After numerous complaints, I was able to speak to someone to change my address. I thought that everything was all set and then the day the flowers were suppose to be delivered, we never received them! I tried to contact customer service to inquire about the location of the flowers and was told a representative would look up the tracking number and return my call to notify me if they were in transit and of course I never received a call back! Unsure of how what to do, my husband and I went to our old apartment which luckily was near our new house and found the package. The lack of communication from Russ Wholesale Flowers was very disappointing and added unnecessary stress for our wedding day. On a positive note, the flowers were as they looked on the website which was refreshing.

Sent on 04/20/2013