Wedding Design Reviews

Wedding Design 4
Wedding Design 5

Rhea · Married on 07/11/2015

3.0

We worked with Ravi to plan and execute our wedding ceremony and reception ideas at the Westin, Jersey City, NJ. He guided us and gave us excellent advise the entire time for our vision for both events. Our stage decor for the mandap and the evening reception were different both times and his crew managed to pull off everything on time- no delays whatsoever and we had a tight schedule to stick by. The reception stage setup, cake table decor as well as the center pieces including the chairs, tables, etc. were beautifully setup and all our guests were in complete awe. We have been hearing amazing things about the decor and are recommending Ravi and his Decor services to anyone who wants their dream decor and setup executed by a professional. Thank you Ravi & team.

Sent on 07/16/2015
  • Dimpal

Dimpal · Married on 05/15/2011

3.8
      3.5

I was dead set on Ravi's mandaps because of his newer styles and his vision for contemporary mandaps.

He's definitely out there to keep both the bride and groom happy - I just found his personality a bit shady. I wasn't convinced that I would get x,y, and z at the wedding and that's what exactly happened. There were some promises that he made that weren't carried through. Bottom line is that he's the designer, he knows better, that's what you will get at the end. It's best if you have things in writing.

Overall, Ravi's mandap looked nice, but the flowers that we spent a fortune on made Ravi's mandap look perfect. Thank you Anderson Flowers.

Ravi's mandaps are not comparable to other mandaps, they are one of a kind. He's the new kid on the block who's got new ideas which means newer mandaps which are much more attractive to younger couples!

Sent on 06/23/2011

anita · Married on 04/11/2009

3.4
      2.0

Ravi at Mandap design is always looking to proivide great new designs and mandaps that others in the area just dont have. I was very happy with how everything looked with the exception of a couple details. Our aisle runner and aisle pedestals only came half way down the room which I really didnt like considering the chairs went all the way to the back. Also our reception backdrop was really just the baraat gate that came with the mandap and he assured me that it was going to be a really cool new concept. If I had had the opportunity to see these things in advance I may have been able to correct them. So it may not be his fault.. it could have just been the timing. We picked a wood carved Mandap from india which came in just week before my wedding so there was a lot of uncertainty and I felt that getting a hold of ravi and going over details was near impossible. He promissed me he could get a lot of things that he just didnt have and I had to do a lot of work on my own to make sure everything that I wanted to happen did. Also I felt that Ravi was a bit cocky and overstated what he could deliver. Price wise he was reasonable and I am still happy with my decision to use him solely because of the unique beautiful mandap that he provided.

Sent on 06/06/2009

Sangini · Married on 11/29/2008

3.2
      3.0

The final result was beautiful (vendor provides mandaps and other decorations for South Asian weddings) but the process of getting there was much less so. There were multiple moments where we were caused much stress due to this vendor's lack of professionalism and respect. It was very difficult to setup meetings with them in advance even though we were coming from out of town. There were multiple last minute cancellations or we were left waiting for an hour in the parking lot.

But if you're willing to keep cool and stay confident in them, they do seem to always pull through and have beautiful items.

Sent on 12/16/2008

2.5
      3.0

Ravi Verma did a wonderful job with our Mehndi Party, Wedding and Reception décor. Everything looked beautiful and everyone was complimenting us on the level of detail that went into all the décor. I loved the colors we picked out together as well as the design ideas, and they were executed beautifully. I was blown away by the reception décor, particularly how beautiful the stage was. The mehndi party stage completely captured the colorfulness and playfulness that goes into a mehndi party.

The biggest issue I had was we had discussed my bridal bouquet several weeks prior to the wedding, and Ravi had stated he would update me on whether the florist he worked with could put together the design I had envisioned. I called Ravi several times and emailed him the week prior to my wedding, and it was a hassle trying to get in touch with him. When I finally did get in touch with him, he assured me that the design would be how I had envisioned it without changes. My bouquet was nothing like we had discussed. It was essentially a bunch of roses with a few lilies wrapped together. The flowers were wilted, the bouquet did not include the colors we had discussed, and it looked like something I could have put together on my own. It did not look professional at all, and and the design looked nothing like what I had picked out. I was disappointed because a) I paid good money for this bouquet and, b) when, after the wedding I told Ravi what had happened via email (the same email we used to communicate through), he failed to respond, let alone apologize for the mishap. That is completely unprofessional and unacceptable. I ended up not using my bouquet for many of my pictures just because it was poorly put together and it would've looked awful. While the decor was on point, I would not recommend working with Ravi for your floral needs, particularly for bouquets.

Sent on 12/13/2015

2.6
      2.5

Ravi seemed very nice and helpful the first time we met up with him. He gave us his insight on what we can do with our budget which we really appreciated. The ceremony mandap and Reception stage we agreed on were amazing in his office. However, on the wedding day, we did not get exactly what we had signed up for. The ceremony mandap and reception stage had a totally different look but he ruined it by using the same back drop for both, probably to save time. He did not give us the correct mandap floor color. We were supposed to get 6 pillars for both, he only gave us 4 so the stage did not look that great. We did not receive the correct number of bridesmaids bouquets. Moreover, despite him stating that he was going to be there on the day of, he was no where to be found. He had told us he would be physically present on the wedding day but we never saw him. The only good thing about his work were the table decorations. What made things frustrating is that he was extremely difficult to get in touch with. There were countless unanswered voicemails, txt messages and e-mails. Overall, we were not happy with Ravi, his work and his lack of responsiveness. Everything could have been forgiven if there were not shortcuts on his work but it was not what we had expected. We will never recommend him to any friends or family in the future.

Sent on 06/21/2015
  • Manisha

Manisha · Married on 10/22/2016

2.4
      3.0

If I had to plan my wedding again, I would not go with Wedding Design. The planning process felt very rushed and they forgot two of the parent chairs for the mandap (who delivers two chairs instead of four unless you specifically ask for two?) We had to call them the morning of the wedding to ask them to deliver the other two (which is NOT what you want to be doing on your wedding day). Imagine if two of the four parents had to sit on the floor while the other two sat in chairs...it would've looked so awkward and horrible for the pictures. They ended up delivering it but it made no sense that they would've forgotten it in the first place! (Especially since they set it up the night before!) To be fair, the mandap and reception structure looked nice (just didn't like having to deal with the chair issue the morning of the wedding). Ravi was also very difficult to reach...sometimes took weeks to reach him. I feel like he is biting off more than he can chew in terms of how many clients he takes on. If I had to do it again, I would NOT go with Wedding Design again even if it meant I paid a bit more money. Peace of mind is worth a lot and if I had to do it again, I would pay more to go with someone else to get that peace of mind. Good luck with your wedding planning!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Nina · Married on 08/06/2017

1.6
      0.5

Wedding Design functions very much like a mandap factory - we had our suspicions about this from the beginning but we were impressed by the portfolio and some of the reviews, so we went ahead despite our instincts. In the end the decor for our wedding looked professional and there's no question Wedding Design has special designs and ideas to bring to the industry for a more decent price....however, working with Ravi was difficult to say the least. He truly did not bring integrity to the table and was disoriented during most of our meetings - he was inconsistent and unresponsive to setting timings until 1 week before the wedding. He also tried to increase the cost by almost double a week before our wedding. We were livid and rightfully so. It took some hard reigning him in to get him to perform and respond appropriately. He always looked like he had just come from a night club (and smelled like it too), it left a lot to be desired in terms of the quality of service, responsiveness and professionalism.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Tejal · Married on 09/09/2017

1.0

Future brides, please beware of Ravi Verma. Everything I mention here is the truth and nothing but the truth. Ravi comes off like he cares about your wedding & your vision but reality he only cares about getting you in to sign the contract . Once you put in your initial deposit you will not hear from him unless you go chasing him.

If you have a vision in mind (like most brides), he will charm you in the beginning and tell you numerous times that he will make it happen. Lies. Or if you have no vision in mind- as a decorator you would think he would guide you but no- he just sits back in his chair asking you irrelevant questions like what is your occupation? Once you tell him your occupation that will determine what he wants to price you at..“oh you're a doctor you can afford this". Seriously, he pulls these prices out of the sky. He has no set guideline on prices and charges each client a different price. He needs to be regulated.

Ravi is so unprofessional and was the biggest mistake I made during my wedding process. Luckily, and thank god I did, I changed my decorator the week of my wedding. Who in their right mind wants to go through this hassle the week prior to your wedding when the only place you should be at is a spa or spending time with your family/friends excited for the big day?

He made my wedding planning such a stressful environment. He was my only vendor who never responded or even bothered to return my calls until weeks later claiming he was busy with another wedding- get some extra administrative help in there?? My new decorator had a warehouse with a vast selection. You build your own mandap with silk flowers that look so realistic that even Ravi himself mentioned they are real! Incorrect Ravi, the flowers are silk! Perhaps, you should invest in better quality material.

Please be aware of the work that is shown to you as well- it may not be his. He knows where he steals intellectual property from and I will leave it at this.

Sent on 03/21/2018