Wedding Day Bakery Reviews

8 | Galena, IL

8 Reviews for Wedding Day Bakery

Cat · Getting married on 10/19/2019

Carolyn is awesome! Her sample cakes were delicious and she was willing to work with us to make the cake we want! Our wedding is not until October, but working with her so far has been awesome, and I’ve heard nothing but good things from my venue who works with her often about delivery and presentation.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Mallory · Married on 10/08/2016

One thing: the dessert line was longer than the (open) bar line. Pretty impressive, especially with the bunch we had at our wedding. Carolyn knew exactly what we wanted and went above and beyond! We aren't the biggest cake fans but knew we had to have a small one for the cake cutting, and I love the naked cake look. It was so great to see that a vendor near Dubuque does that! Then we said we wanted a dessert bar because the groom is more of a cheesecake/bars/chocolate fan. I've heard nothing but great things about our dessert bar. They were a hit! We wanted fall themed desserts since the wedding was October and we had mini pumpkin cheesecakes, mini apple pie, cream puffs. They were all so delicious! Surprisingly we had some leftovers but not that much, and they were great the next day! Thank you so much for putting our personal touch at our reception!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Hannah · Married on 08/27/2016

Carolyn was so awesome to work with. We had our wedding in Dubuque IA but lived in Los Angeles. She set up a tasting for us and everything was so good it was hard to choose!! She made everything so easy for us, I sent her a picture and she designed a cake that we absolutely loved and tasted amazing. So happy we chose her for our wedding day!! Great prices as well!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Brittani · Married on 08/06/2016

We wanted a simple cake with a big sweets table, and that's exactly what we got ! We tasted cakes at our tasting and they were yummy, however somehow, my husband and I never made it over to the sweets table during the reception so we didn't get to taste any of the treats. But we got lots of compliments on it and it looked spectacular. So I trust that everything was delicious ! Thank you!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Kristina · Married on 06/25/2016

My husband and I weren't really big cake people but really wanted to do a funfetti wedding cake. Carolyn put together a beautiful naked funfetti cake that tasted like heaven. Additionally, she made a bunch of delicious cupcakes to compliment the cake. She made the process easy and worry-free.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Shannon · Married on 04/18/2015

Loved our cake and mini cakes from Wedding Day Bakery. We did a tasting before hand and went with white cake with Raspberry filling, carrot cake and a chocolate cake. The prices are reasonable and they looked great. I sent a couple of photos of what we liked and provided a photo of our cake topper and wedding colors. We allowed creative design from them and we weren't disappointed. All the mini cakes disappeared by the guest lol everyone loved them. My only regret is I didn't get a mini carrot cake before they were gone and that was my choice. If you use Wedding Day Bakery you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 05/29/2015

We had small individual vegan cakes and they were delicious and beautiful - also a lovely small bridal cake to cut. It was lovely!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Beth · Married on 10/25/2014

Carolyn was very helpful and delivered what I asked in regards to my wedding cake and sweets table requests. She even made some of the tasty treats gluten free so I could enjoy them too, which I really appreciated! The wedding cake was beautiful and tasted amazing (for gluten free)! Would recommend to others!

Sent on 11/01/2014