18 Reviews for Wedding Cakes For You

Setup (4)
Private Tastings (3)
Local (2)
17 Wedding Cakes For You Reviews

Great Cake. My father went back for thirds. Delivered on time and looked beautiful.

Profile Picture Alexander, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake that was made for my daughters bridal shower was amazing! Not only did it taste delicious the way it was decorated was absolutely beautiful!

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I have been lucky enough to use Wedding Cakes for You services on a few occasions. Not only are Lorelie's artistic design elements beyond compare, her cakes taste heavenly. The thought and personal touch put into each cake design is so apparent in the finished product. I would recommend Lorelie to anyone looking for a cake to wow their guests.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 8/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I was sold on Lorelie's personality the moment I first talked to her on the phone to make a consultation and tasting appointment. Lorelie is such a kind lady, she’s relaxed and laid back and easy to talk to, I felt like I was talking to a good friend on the phone. We went to her tasting room at her home on the middle of a snow storm. She was so welcoming to us and welcoming to our son (we asked if we could bring him). Then the cake tasting - she made for us a lemon cake with lemon filling, and a white cake made with orange juice with a white chocolate and fresh raspberry filling to try. This was the most delicious cake we had ever tasted. No joke. You want your cake to look pretty of course but it’s a major bonus if it tastes awesome as well! We agreed that the white OJ cake with white chocolate and raspberries was our cake and immediately set up details. There was no hesitation in hiring Lorelie after this tasting. The other bakers we spoke to didn’t even compare! Lorelie sent us home with cake to try again later. This is such a nice touch to be able to taste it again later in your own home and solidify your choices. Although I have to say I can taste the cake if I just think about it! Lorelie is able to do any design you wish and it will look beautiful. We opted for a semi naked cake with caramel drips and it looked so beautiful! It was exactly how we envisioned it, and closely matched the reference picture we supplied. Our cake was made for 75. We had 54 guests and some guests had two slices! We went home with only 8 leftover slices (plus the top of the cake). We had more compliments on how delicious the cake was than the food the caterer provided! All that being said and to sum it up Lorelie is a professional and knows her stuff. She does this all in an easy going and relaxed way. She’s very easy to work with. So are you looking to wow your guests? You need to look no further for your cake baker. Lorelie is an amazing lady who makes amazing cakes!

Photo for Wedding Cakes For You Review - Photo : Rachel Black, Rowanberry + Lavender
Profile Picture Kerry, 6/23/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

My husband and I went to Lorelie right after we got engaged! When we found a venue we loved in CT, Wedding Cakes For You came highly recommended, and now we know why! Our cake tasting was beyond phenomenal, we even got plenty to take home! We kind of gave Lorelie a base of what we wanted and would like to see and she went above and beyond to exceed our expectations!! I could not have asked for a more beautifully delicious cake for our wonderful day. When the planner asked if we would like to cut the cake I didn't want to because it was just too pretty!!!! Trust Lorelie and be sure you will get exactly what you wanted and then some!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Such a perfect experience. Our guests raved about the cake (Some of them stole second pieces!) Loralie worked with is to make sure we got exactly what we wanted, and often knew what we wanted workout us even having to ask. Affordable, kind, responsive ... truly a great experience.

Profile Picture Patti and Jaime, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Local, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I was not going to be around to cake taste, unfortunately, but Lorelie picked EXACTLY what I wanted by just a couple phone conversations. I also do not love frosting so she recommended a semi-naked cake. It was the BEST CAKE I EVER HAD and sooooo beautiful! Usually, I am scrapping frosting around on my plate this time I was licking the plate! I luckily got to keep the topper and ate it again and again and got to share it with my grandma who did not make it to the wedding. I will be ordering again for our one year anniversary! If you're looking for the best cake you have ever had you have found the right place! :)

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/31/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Local

Lorelei was great. My guests love the cake and several asked if she did cakes for all occasions! The presentation was more then I could have hoped for and it was so beautiful.

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was perfect! It was stunning to say the least and was delicious! We can't say thank you enough!

Profile Picture Karel, 12/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

While planning my wedding, I found that finding the right baker was the hardest vendor to select. I really wanted cupcakes for my wedding, and every bakery I met with was either enormously over priced, didn't have the cute weding cake decor I was going for, or had that overly-sugary store-bought taste. Then I met Lorelie. Lorelie prepared the most delicious chocolate and vanilla cakes for our tasting. The cake was moist, soft and light, yet still had rich flavor. I brought my sister to the tasting, who prefers salty over sweets, doesn't like cake, and had shot down everycupcake I had brought home until that point. Needless to say, she was left wanting more! Lorelies confections have that home baked taste with the professional bakery look. Lorelie was great with planning, full of ideas, responded very quickly, and was excited about our cupcakes. On the day of my wedding the cupcakes were beyond what we had hoped for and just as delicious as we had remembered! We are still getting complimnted on how delicious the cupcakes were!! I wouldn't recommend anyone else for a wedding cake (or any cake for that matter) and I look forward to working with her again (as I will definately be recommending her for our future friends weddings)!

Profile Picture User2179963, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

It was a pleasure working with Lorelie for my bridal shower cake! She gets back to you right away and really listens to your ideas and works with you every step of the way! Not only are her cakes absolutely beautiful and creative, they ARE the BEST tasting cakes I've ever had! The cherry blossom cake Lorelie made for me shower became the center of attention as it was that perfect! I had friends and family who don't care for cake tell me how much they loved it! Thanks again Lorelie for making my special day even better :)

Profile Picture Holly, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding cake was perfectly designed with the creative mind of Lorelie! Not only was my cake beautiful, it was equally delicious. My guests were so impressed to have a chocolate wedding cake with the winery theme. They were delightfully enjoying the cake while eating it as well.

I look forward to planning future events and having more deliciously beautiful cakes made by Lorelie.

Sharon & Gary

Profile Picture Sharon, 11/13/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We were blown away by our wedding cake...it was truly one of the best, if not THE BEST, cake we have ever tasted. The presentation was very well executed. We cannot wait for our one year anniversary so we can eat the top layer we have waiting in the freezer. Wish we had more left over!

Lorelie--thank you for your flexibility in working with us on the flavors and design. You offered many options and we were so pleased with the outcome--a dark chocolate cake with layers of mocha butter cream filling with dark chocolate chunks and a vanilla butter cream frosting...yummmm... Your design worked perfectly with our wedding theme of an outdoor, late summer garden.

We are recommending you to friends and family and we'll definitely be in touch for our next cake-worthy family event! Thanks so much!!

Lisa & Ryan Burke

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We at Hathaway Young Catering have been using Lorelie for over seven years now. She has baked everything from individual mini bouches de noel for 25 guests at a Christmas dinner to a glorious, staggeringly beautiful 5 tiered wedding cakes that served 350....and each and every creation has not only been stunning but also SO delicious! We have an extremely demanding clientele (and we are demanding, as well) and Lorelie's not only a pleasure to work with but the finished product aways garners rave reviews!

Profile Picture Pete, 1/2/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Dealing with Wedding Cakes For You was the easiest part of the wedding planning. From the initial phone call to the day of the wedding for delivery and set up everything went flawlessly.
Lets not forget to mention how delicious the cake was, all the guest were raving about it.

Profile Picture Mike , 9/26/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lorelie is an amazing artist whose cakes are exquisite. I was so WOWed by the cake she made for my husband and I. I could not have been happier!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/9/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We love carrots. We love cream cheese. We love chocolate. When Lorelie Carvey combined them for our wedding it was instant sensuality. Can a cake be that memorable? Only with Lorelie's masterful artistry. One bite and your guests will be fighting for more.

Profile Picture Lennie, 6/4/05, 1 Review