Wedding Cakes by Tammy Allen Reviews

112 | Houston, TX

112 Reviews for Wedding Cakes by Tammy Allen

Tammy created not only a most beautiful wedding cake, but a moist, delicious one too! She was very easy to work with and very flexible. She came up with a new filling on the spot for us to try based on some input that we gave her. She designed the cake just for us and delivered it without a single flaw. Two weeks later we were still enjoying our wonderful wedding cake!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Meagan · Married on 11/07/2012

My cakes were AMAZING!! I let the team at Tammy Allen Cakes take the reins on our bride and groom's cakes and they exceeded my expectations!!! Everyone at my wedding couldn't stop talking about the cakes. Not only are the cakes incredible but the prices were very reasonable. Book here, you will not be sorry!!!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Tammy and her husband area great team. They do exactly what they say they will.

Sent on 12/22/2014
  • Tricia

La Tricia · Married on 10/14/2017

3.0

Best cake I've ever tasted and so beautifully decorated!! I was very satisfied!! Ms. Tammy is so talented. My guests were wowed by the taste and look of the cakes.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Tammy Allen made my wedding cake and grooms cake for my wedding. The cake was Beautiful and tasted amazing. I ordered a 5 tier cake with all different flavors. The watermelon flavor was a huge hit! She was not the nicest to my wedding planner when she called and did not send any payment reminders (and with everything else going on it would have been a nice gesture) but other than that she was nice.

Sent on 02/16/2015

I ordered my wedding cake & grooms cake from Tammy Allen Cakes and it was one of the BEST cakes I had ever ordered. It was so good, my husband & I didn't even get to taste his grooms cake. Mr. Nat & Mrs. Tammy are great people to work with & very professional to do business with. They provided the services I requested and we had NO issues. Thanks Mr. Nat & Mrs. Tammy for providing outstanding services.

Sent on 04/29/2014
  • Jana

Jana · Married on 01/19/2019

Best Darn Cake Ever!!!!!

Finding great cake can be a daunting task, but not if you hire this lady! I got my husband (then fiancé) to eat cake he would not normally eat at her open house. Our wedding guests talked about how delicious and moist the cake was. Our cakes came out exactly how we wanted. Tammy even called me with ideas when she verified everything a few days before the wedding. This is definitely a vendor you can depend on. Prices vary based on the complexity of your cake design and number of servings.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Damika · Married on 09/07/2014

4.2
      3.5

Ms. Tammy did an beautiful wedding cake for me. Her and her staff are very sweet and once you walk in her bakery you can tell everyone has a passion about what they do. Ms. Tammy will also work w/you and your budget.

Side note: She makes a watermelon cake that is soooooo amazing (it sounds odd) but it is GREAT!

The only con was that (I will assume) due to her passion and presentation about her cakes. I found out that she came off a bit rude when she delivered my cake. From my understanding she preferred that my grooms cake be moved due to how it looked (I guess it wasn't up to her standard). But other than that the cake was pretty, it was delivered on-time and everyone loved it which at the end of the day that was all that matter! Hope this helped! Good Luck and God Bless!

Sent on 09/20/2014

3.0

The cake was gorgeous and had a great taste!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Sharon · Married on 02/14/2014

3.0

I wanted a modern cake. Very simple buttercream icing with an ombre effect of dark blue from the bottom fading up to the top.
    The shape of the cake is what I pointed out as to be very important. I requested a 4 tier cake with thin and extra tall tier combination. what I received was the standard height tiers with one tier about 1/2 inch taller. I had given a picture of the exact shape I wanted and another picture with the exact ombre look I wanted. I was highly disappointed with the end result of the shape. The only thing I will rave about and RAVE I WILL is how they have this one flavor that will blow your socks off. the watermelon cake. Seriously, they have everyone beat! This cake I dream about. I wish they would offer this for Birthdays as well instead of just for weddings as we all know wedding cakes are always priced significantly higher than any other cakes. The cake itself was the best cake I could have picked, the execution of how my cake looked, well I have no idea who's cake I got bc it was not what I had ordered.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Wedding Cakes by Tammy Allen's reply:

Hello Sandra, we are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations with respect to the cake design. Actually here at the bakery, we received rave reviews about Your cake from the Brides who saw the pictures that we took of Your cake and put in our Photo Album. But you are our Customer and we want to please you.
    So...that being said, please call the bakery at 281 861 7995 to receive a complementary 6inch Texas Melon Flavored cake for you and your Husband to enjoy for your 1st Anniversary. I just wish that you would have given us a call back around May 2015 right after your Wedding so that we could have resolved the issue right away. We hate that it took you so long to give us this review. It must have really bothered you to carry your disappointment of us for soo long. We sincerely apologize and we hope that you take us up on our offer to give you a free cake for your 1st Anniversary. We wish you all the best.
    P.S. We are sure glad that at least you loved the flavor.

Darby · Married on 07/15/2017

1.8
      2.5
      0.5

Ok....so I ordered a buttercream cake. They made me an almond cake. My mom is allergic to nuts. I would never have ordered almond. I told her it was buttercream so she ate it at the reception. She only could eat a few chews before spitting it out. Some of the decorations on my cake fell off as well creating a hole on the side of the cake, also at the reception.

I called Tammy and her co-owner and they were super nice and apologized for everything. Told me I was a gracious customer and offered to refund me some (not all) of my money. THEY NEVER Sent me the refund. I thought they were honest people. Guess I misjudged and was extremely mislead. The cake was 100% the worst part of my wedding!!!!!

Sent on 09/12/2017

0.6
      1.0
      1.0

My maid of honor and I went into TA Cakes to sample for my upcoming wedding. The people were so incredibly nice, and the cakes tasted good, that they had me sold. After paying my deposit, I tried emailing, and calling several times, to discuss what my husband's grooms cake was going to be. He is in the Air Force, so I wanted a B-52 plane landing on the runway. I never actually got an email response from Tammy, and when I spoke to her VERY briefly and rushed on the phone, she only complained that my venue was going to be difficult to get to in time due to traffic. I was also VERY upset that I was told my husband's cake (the plane) would be made from fondant or rice krispie to make it look real. When we went to cut our cakes.... I fed the wing to my new husband and it was CARDBOARD!! Talk about upset! I did not let it upset the day... we laugh about it... but give me a break! The plane looked terrible, and even though I sent several pictures and descriptions of the plane through email, it was not like ANY of them. My husbands call sign was also not present on the plane as requested. I regret going with TA Cakes, as nice of people as they seem to be, I will definitely not be recommending them to any future brides. Our wedding at Briscoe Manor was beautiful and everything we could've imagined, but TA Cakes definitely let us down. I wish I would've gone with More than Cakes, or another preferred vendor from Briscoe.

Sent on 07/24/2014