Wed Start Reviews

Wed Start 5
Wed Start 6
Wed Start 7

Matthew · Married on 10/10/2014

In my opinion the most important part of your wedding, other then who's officiating, is the DJ. The right one can make the night as memorable for the guests as for the bride and groom. Sean is one of the good ones. I met Sean more then 10 years ago at a graduation party for 2 of my cousins. Since then he has DJed for 2 cousins, my sister, my sister in law, and myself. All of them were great weddings.

One thing that Sean is especially good at is reading the mood of the crowd, he is great at getting people dancing. If a song isn't doing the trick he is quick to fade it out and change it up. If changing songs doesn't work he has a tub of props that can do the trick. At mine the village people hats came out, I wore the hard hat lol, after that there was NEVER a dull moment on the dance floor.

Sean was very flexible for my wife and I. We did as much as we could through skype and e-mail, but he made sure that he drove out of his way to have at least 1 face to face with us. I believe he wanted us to feel like he was invested, and he was. He brought a form that he used to note what songs we did/didn't want. What our priorities were. We wanted a few country slow songs for my wife's side, he accommodated that easily. We wanted all the "classics" like the electric slide and the chicken dance as well and we got those.

Another thing that Sean takes upon himself is to make sure that he knows the flow of the night so that he can keep everyone on track if need be. He took our wedding as seriously is if we were family. Despite being based out of Crystal Lake he also drove out to Lake Geneva for our wedding/reception which was fantastic.

The bottom line is that you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't go with Sean. You will never find a more accommodating, responsible, and most importantly FUN DJ.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Laurie · Married on 03/23/2013

Sean did an amazing job for our wedding and we highly recommend him and we will gladly contract him for all future DJ events. We can't say enough how awesome he was for us and helped make our wedding experience all we had hoped for.
    Laurie & Steve

Sent on 12/07/2017

Rick · Married on 11/13/2010

Sean DJ'd our wedding a while ago... He hit every title we requested and then some. (It was quite the mix and he balanced it perfectly) He even remembered the correct version of "At Last" (wife wanted Beyonce') Sean paid attention to every detail and it made all the difference. He had the entire reception on the dance floor!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Emil · Married on 06/21/2007

Sean and his crew DJ'd our family reception as well as a side party that we threw just for our close friends. First, their sound system was fantastic. Second, they really know how to adapt the playlist to the audience. I'm a musician, and my tastes tend to be a little outside the mainstream, but Sean took a look at our suggestions and managed to tastefully balance our personal favorites with more familiar crowd-pleasers. As for professionalism, what can I say except that they were on time, unloaded quickly, and apart from making the occasional request we were able to focus on the party and take the great soundtrack for granted.

Sent on 01/24/2017

Joe · Married on 05/25/2007

Sean was AWESOME at our wedding 10 years ago (2007), not only that we have also recommended Sean to every friend and family getting married over the years and everyone has thanked us because he is so good at what he does! Still today, we have family members who talk about how great our Dj was at our wedding...Sean made that great of an impression on our day, its still remembered a decade ago. Not only was his performance awesome, Sean himself is also a great person to work with and amazingly knowledgable on so much music! Don't pass up Sean, he'll have everyone dancing at your party, as he did for ours. Also, word of advice, people never remember the food and open bar at weddings, but Dj's for sure!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Katie · Married on 04/07/2018

Sean with Wed Start was awesome! He kept in touch with us and met with us in person multiple times to be sure we were on the same page. He was personable, easy to work with, and went out of his way to adjust to our requests (including having someone sing the first dance song). Sean managed the wedding well, worked the crowd to make sure to get everyone dancing ALL night, and had creative games (putt for a kiss instead of clinking glasses was so fun). His sound system was high quality and we had no problems with it at all. The use of the accent lighting was a great touch and made for a fun atmosphere. We would highly recommend Wed Start to anyone getting married!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Joyce · Married on 07/18/2010

4.2
      3.5
      3.0

We had a great experience at my son's wedding. Not only did Sean Trudeau keep the guests dancing, but he helped so much with the planning and the choreography from the ceremony, to the intros, to the last dance. He made our day a success!

Sent on 01/19/2017