Waverley Chapel Reviews

Waverley Chapel View more information

• User1249669 2+ years ago
    I loved Waverley from the moment I saw the pictures! When we drove by it I was determined to have this for my venue. I wanted a place that looked like a church but was non-denominational and this place is exactly that. If you can get past the fact that it's at the front entrance of a cemetery then this is the place for you. Honestly, you don't even notice where it's at when you're there. Loved it!
    Heather Married on 10/29/2011
    When I first heard about Waverley chapel, I was so excited to see it in person. I drove by after work to check it out and from the moment I pulled into the parking lot, I knew this was where I wanted to have my ceremony. We were having a Halloween wedding so what's more perfect than a chapel in a cemetery (fairhaven memorial park). I instantly called to set up an appointment for a walk thru and met with Natalee. She was very nice and professional. I wanted to make sure they allow non traditional weddings and if they had a dress code since we encouraged our guests to come in costume. She said this was acceptable and excited about it. A few months later I called again to set up another walk thru with my wedding organizer and was referred to Debbie. She is a real go getter and was always available to answer any questions. She made sure my big day was nothing more than perfect. The inside of the chapel is gorgeous. From the architectural design to the stained glass windows, this place is absolutely amazing. I am so glad I found this place in error and it was the greatest find ever. We even had our engagement photos taken at fairhaven memorial park with all the large tombstones.
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 06/26/2011
    There is no doubt that the chapel is absolutely beautiful and is a great setting for photos. If you can look past the fact that it is in fact a cemetary, it is completely worth it. We would not have changed a thing. The only reason they lost points with us is because during our honeymoon we had phone calls and letters from the venue stating they had lost records of our payments. This was perhaps due the re-staffing of the venue but they were apologetic and the issue was resolved.
    Tawnia Married on 04/04/2009
    I hesitated on this one before I actually saw the chapel because its on the grounds of a memorial park, but this building is absolutely the most beautiful and charming chapel I've been to in california! Its gorgeous for pictures, and has such a great decor that hardly anything was used inside for our ceremony as far as decorations were concerned - as they weren't needed. The coordinator was efficient and the price was very reasonable. I can't imagine our wedding being at any other place!
    Kathrine Married on 09/22/2007
    I fell in love with the church the moment I saw it! The only downfall was that the property had construction going on...but everything still turned out great. Natalee was very helpful. The grounds have many opportunities for pictures...even though it's at the front of a memorial park. The price for the venue was very reasonable and they are willing to work with you.
    Paige Married on 10/02/2010
    I absolutely loved having my ceremony at Waverley Chapel. It is a beautful chapel filled with history. Everything was so beautiful and so special. The only thing that I would warn other brides about is that I was under the impression our wedding coordinator would be involved in the rehearsal and the actual day. I did not have the money to hire a wedding planner and so I was left alone at my rehearsal (thank goodness my sister stepped in) and I didn't have anyone to help me through the day either. This is something I was not made aware of until the wedding coordinator walked out of my rehearsal and told me she would lock up when we were done. I am not actually sure this is how it would be for everyone because my officiant who does several weddings there a year said he had never heard of the coordinator doing that.
  • Angela
    Angela Married on 06/07/2020

Amazing! Would Highly Recommend.

This venue is GORGEOUS. You will not regret booking a wedding here! Keep in mind that it is also a public mortuary, so a completely private venue is one of your prorities, maybe reconsider or talk to the vendor. The chapel is so fashionable and well-kept, and the bridal suite and the front of the chapel are by far the two best picture taking spots. There are also nice hedges and a small fountain closeby, and we took some great shots there. The altar and inside of the chapel are very well lit - they are good for couple and family pictures. I would say this was the perfect venue for my 10-man wedding, but I would also recommend it to brides who are looking for 100-200 people weddings. There is no reception area, which was a downside for us, but being wed at this chapel was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Go for a visit and you'll see what I mean!

Waverley Chapel's reply:

I am so glad you are happy with everything. You guys were so much fun to work with.

Blessings ...
    Debbie
  • Carmen
    Carmen Married on 10/06/2012
    The Waverly Chapel provided the chapel for our ceremony. It's a beautiful chapel not very many decorations would be needed for your wedding. It's beauty and uniqueness will take care of that for you. The architecture looks old but, was actually built in the 70's. The only con for those of you who would oppose this, is that it's on a cemetery. You would have to take a look for yourselves it's worth the price and the grounds are beautiful with great picture opportunities!