Wavelength Reviews

100 Reviews for Wavelength

1 User photo

Wavelength 1

Daniel · Married on 01/14/2017

Wavelength was awesome! They played at our wedding on 1/14/17 at the Rivermill in Dover, NH and everyone was out on the dance floor all night. One of the guitarist even played during our ceremony (Here Come's the Sun) and it was beautiful. The manager, Johnna, was great to work with. We had multiple calls leading up to the big day to go over songs we liked/disliked and all the logistics of the wedding. They even learned a song for us! I loved how they played more of the oldies in the beginning and then switched to some of the hits towards the end. At one point, my wife and I were in a dance off and the song was ending, but they kept it going! It was so cool. We couldn't have asked for a better band for our wedding and we received nothing but amazing feedback from all our guests. Thank you Wavelength!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Kayla · Married on 10/22/2016

Wavelength is amazing - They sound good on the website but they are UNREAL Live and in person! Great personality, energy, voice and overall musical talent! Very well put together and professional!

We had a wedding of 200+ guests. Wavelength kept EVERYONE on the dance floor the entire night! Overwhelming amounts of compliments about the band! Our venue (in this business for MANY years) mentioned to us that he had never seen such a large crowd stay dancing for so long!

Would recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Kayla. We are so happy that you both had a great time on the dance floor with your family and friends. Such great energy and guests. Thank you for choosing Wavelength as your wedding band!

Emily · Married on 10/01/2016

Wavelength played at our October 2016 wedding at French's Point and I cannot say enough good things about our experience. Johnna was so responsive, proactive and organized and I knew going into the weekend that we would be taken care of. The band was even better in person than their samples we had heard. Our #1 priority for our wedding ws having a fun wedding band and Wavelength did not disappoint - everyone was up dancing and we had so much fun. You will not regret it if you choose Wavelength!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Patty · Married on 09/24/2016

This band was amazing. At one point during my daughter's wedding reception, I think all but maybe 5 people were on the dance floor. What a fabulous, energetic, talented band they are. So many people asked where we found "Wavelength" - they could not have been better!! Definitely a great band that gets all your guests out of their chairs and dancing!!!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Heather · Married on 09/04/2016

I can not say enough about this band and their manager, Johnna. From our initial contact with Johnna to the days following our wedding, Wavelength was a dream to work with. Johnna was SO responsive to every email and phone call. She made us feel so comfortable and confident about the band (even though we had never seen them in person). Our wedding took place outside and the band came in like mice and set up so quietly in a tent nearby. I didn't even know they had arrived! When I joined cocktail hour, Johnna greeted me right away and was so patient and amazing while I tried to say hi to everyone while getting the low down on entrance announcements. Lindsay (lead singer) was so great in every way. She and the band were great MC's for the night and so respectful of everyone and everything.

Now let's talk about the music!! It took about 3 seconds of the band playing for the entire dance floor to fill up. We had to move tables out of the way to allow for more people during the FIRST SONG. The band rocked out all night and the dance floor was always PACKED. My guests chanted ENCORE ENCORE after their last song and they were so great - they played one last jam! It has been about 1 month since the wedding and we still have people contacting us to rave about the band and the music. Thank you Wavelength for adding so so much to our wedding day. You helped make it so wonderful and fun!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Stephen · Married on 08/20/2016

We had Wavelength play our wedding in August of 2016. They were fantastic. We didn't use a wedding planner and therefore our working relationship with the vendors was very important to us. We had a few calls with Johnna to plan out the timeline and songs for the wedding. She was a great resource of information for us. She helped us edit our plans so the wedding flowed perfectly. On the day of the wedding, Johnna/Band and our other vendors worked seamlessly together to produce an incredible night for us. WE can't thank Wavelength and our other vendors enough for giving us such an incredible night. Thank you! Steve & Emily

Sent on 09/11/2016

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to share in your amazing wedding day, Steve and Emily! It was an honor to be on the team. You rock!

Jennifer · Married on 08/14/2016

Wavelength is amazing! Easy to work with, super accommodating, and truly talented. From the beginning, working with Johnna, everything was such a pleasure. The band also learned a song for me on pretty short notice. This "Uptown Girl" really appreciates it! They also worked with my family so that my niece could sing a special song for us to dance to. From the ceremony to the cocktail to hour to the reception, Wavelength was THE BEST. We are forever grateful.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you so much for the review and for allowing Wavelength to share in your special day. It was a pleasure to set the tone with a personalized arrangement of music for you. We're so glad you enjoyed it. All our best to you and Mike.

Emily · Married on 08/13/2016

I cannot say enough about how AMAZING Wavelength Band is!! They kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night and even went the extra mile to learn one of our songs :) Truly the best band and HIGHLY recommend them to make your wedding day even more special!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for having us play for your wedding. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you! Your barn dance was a blast and your family and friends were a hit on the dance floor. Such a great time.

Katie · Married on 07/16/2016

We hired Wavelength for our ceremony, cocktail, dinner, and dancing music for our wedding this past July, and we cannot recommend them enough. The band plays the perfect range of music, and the dance floor was packed the whole night! Johnna was incredibly professional and made the planning process incredibly easy. We highly recommend Wavelength for anyone looking for an amazing wedding band!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Wavelength's reply:

Katie, we had the most incredible experience working with you and Ben. It was a pleasure to provide the entertainment for your special day at the farm. What a great dance group! Thank you for the review. All our best!

Alex · Married on 07/03/2016

For our wedding reception live music was a must. We had never hired a live band and to our utmost satisfaction , Wavelength was above and beyond everything we had hoped for! Johnna and the band are, professional, prompt, knowledgeable and know how to to put on an amazing show. When we needed the band to get their earlier to set up, Johnna was flexible and accommodating. Many of our friends told us that our reception was one of the best they'd been to! If I were ever to hire a live band service again, it would DEFINITELY be Wavelength! Thanks Johnna and the band!!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Emica · Married on 06/18/2016

Choosing a band was a HUGE priority for me when planning our June 2016 wedding. I had always known I wanted a band, but not just some group that slogged through things. I wanted one that got people dancing, that made me feel when I had my first dances, that were great to work with. Wavelength took those expectations to an ENTIRELY new level! From my first exchange with Johnna, the group manager, to final hugs with the band members after their last incredible song, the entire process was nothing but a joy. They were kind, professional, fun, generous, excited and blew the roof off! The things I am most grateful for include their flexibility (they learned new songs for us! They played my parents' wedding song! The added a sax player for my husband!) and their genuine heart. Lindsay, the lead singer, is not only an incredible performer but an absolute sweetheart! She worked with us day of to make sure everything went smoothly and even sang my parents' wedding song twice when they missed it the first time. Paul, Garth, Paul, and Al were tremendous! Awesome musicians, great guys, and very understanding when we were 'burdened' with a fantastic venue that kept people moving from the dance floor to the outdoor patio – but always brought them back in! To answer the big questions: Worth the money? BEYOND so. Best decision we could have made Good music? Fantastic. Got people dancing, played everything specific we asked for, and a group we would pay money to see in concert (and plan on doing so many times in the future!) Easy to work with? Piece of cake. Dream team, all around. I cannot say enough good things. Hire them. Hire them now :-)

Sent on 08/22/2016

Jill · Married on 06/04/2016

Band – First of we wanted to start by saying definitely pick a band over a DJ for your wedding. We have been to so many weddings with a DJ and it's just not the same vibe as a live band. After saying that Wavelength was beyond what we could have imagined. Not only did they play every song we selected they also learned 2 new songs a few weeks before the wedding which made the day even more special. The bands manage Johnna was lovely to work with and is very organized and on point about all the details. All the members of the band were engaged with the crowd the whole time and kept the party going. Overall picking Wavelength as our band at our wedding was the best decision and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a live band for any event.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for the review, Jill! It was our privilege to provide your wedding entertainment for those memorable moments that will last a lifetime. All our best to you both for many more years of love and happiness.

Betsy · Married on 05/28/2016

Wavelength played at my brothers wedding, and we liked them so much we didn't even consider another band. Johnna was awesome to work with and helped us make sure that our day was exactly how we hoped it would be. They are an extremely talented band with wide variety of fun music. Our guests continue to rave about how much fun they had dancing at our wedding and how great the band was!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Wavelength's reply:

Betsy and Mark, we couldn't be more thrilled to have had the opportunity to celebrate with you! It was exciting to hear about your wedding when you first contacted us and we've been counting down the months until your wedding day. Thank you so much for having Wavelength as your family wedding band!

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2016

If you want your guests dancing all night long with huge smiles on their faces, YOU WANT THIS BAND TO PLAY AT YOUR WEDDING!! Wavelength provided the perfect background music for not only our reception, but for the ceremony and cocktail hour as well. They were the hit of our wedding! We got so many compliments in regards to the band and we cannot say enough good things about them! We had them play piano for our ceremony, guitar and light music for the cocktail hour, and then rock out for our ceremony! They were even up for learning a new song for us to play as our opening number for the dancing at our reception. The band members all had great personalities, were friendly and sounded AMAZING! Also, Johnna, their manager, was super easy to work with and helped us so much along the way with the planning. She helped make our planning a wedding from a distance (we live in NC and GA) so much less stressful than it could have been. She was easy to contact and responded quickly to any questions or concerns we had. The entire experience working with her and this band was fantastic. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone getting married in the Maine area!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Wavelength not only exceeded our expectations on the performance level but they also exceeded our expectations before our wedding. Johnna (manager) was such a joy to work with and made the entire process completely stress free. They learned our first dance song for us, and it was perfect! Wavelength also did a special birthday announcement and song for the flower girl. When looking for a wedding band in New England you will not be disappointed when hiring Wavelength!!!

Sent on 02/13/2016

Adrien · Married on 11/08/2015

Invited for Encore Performance!
    My sister and her husband chose Wavelength for their wedding in Kennebunkport in June, 2012. My sister, who is a serious music fan, chose Wavelength as soon as she heard them perform. Three years later, when it came time for my wedding, I hoped that Wavelength would be available! Johnna and her band happily made the trek from Maine to Massachusetts to entertain our guests magnificently. By learning special songs for our ceremony and first dance, they helped us create memories that will stay in our hearts forever. We were very impressed by how easily the band learned Jewish traditions and songs especially for our family weddings. Johnna, the band’s manager, is talented and organized and cooperative in every way!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Devon · event on: 10/03/2015

We have used Wavelength during our cocktail hour, and dinner hour for 4 years in a row, and will continue to use them for our high end dinner parties. They have such a library of music, playing light dinner music, upbeat cocktail music, as well as the ability to get a crowd of 300 dancing the night away. We highly recommend them for private-corporate functions, as well as weddings.

Sent on 03/28/2016

There isn't enough good thing I can say about wavelength. They made are day amazing! Everyone keeps asking who's the band? They are great! We had such a great time with them and they were able to get the party started and keep it going!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! We had an amazing day with you and your guests. So glad you chose Wavelength!

Hannah · Married on 08/08/2015

I would highly recommend Wavelength to anyone looking for a band at their Maine wedding! They were absolutely phenomenal! Johnna, the band manager, was so responsive to my needs. She made me feel well taken care of and was open to suggestions. They learned our mother/son dance song, father/daughter song, and our cake cutting song just for us! They did this with only 3-4 weeks leading up to the wedding as well, I was so impressed! The lead singer and Johnna took the time to organize the wedding party before introductions so everyone felt comfortable. They contacted our venue about set up and details so I didn't have to do any of that! We were dancing the whole night! I saw older people from my church dancing that I had never seen dance! One of my favorite memories is the encore! Everyone was chanting and cheering for the band and then they played Shout! Our reception venue was ROCKIN, so many smiles and laughs. I had to stop and pause a moment during this song just to look at how happy everyone was. Wavelength was professional and did an outstanding job. I also loved how I gave them a songs request list for each different portion of the night, including during their breaks when they played recorded music and they played exactly the songs we wanted which I was so grateful for! Every song they played was a blast! Paul played the piano during our cocktail hour as well and although I was not there I had guests telling me how beautiful it was and how it was an elegant touch to the cocktail hour. We love Wavelength!!!!!!!

Hannah Jett

Sent on 08/28/2015

Wavelength's reply:

Hannah, thank you so much for your wonderful review. We had the most amazing time with you and your guests on the dance floor. We are thrilled that we could help make your wedding day unforgettable. Thank you for having us!

Clare · Married on 08/01/2015

Do not wait to book Wavelength! It was worth every penny. They are even more talented than they sound on their website and will blow your guests away. If you want your dance floor overflowing from beginning to end (and yes, more people stayed until the end than I've ever seen, all because of the lively, talented, fun band), Wavelength is essential. Johnna was a breeze to work with, very understanding, and they played every single song we asked for (which was a lot)! Turns out, even if you serve tuna sandwiches and wear rags to your wedding, it will still be PERFECT if Wavelength plays. Their jazzy dinner set was divine as well, and the band even helped us when we had a technical malfunction with the ceremony equipment.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Clare,

You and your guests certainly know how to rock! We had a blast! Thank you for choosing Wavelength to celebrate with you at the Farm. Cheers!

Emily · Married on 07/25/2015

Wavelength is the best! We could not have selected a better choice for music for our wedding. All of our guests were raving about the band and how great they were – we literally could have danced all night! The members of the band are extremely talented, the vocalists have beautiful voices, the manager is very friendly and on-site to help out during the entire event, and the group as a whole really get into the excitement of the day and are a major factor in keeping the party rocking the whole time! They have a music selection that spans across all genres of music so there’s a song for everyone (including my request for “Timber”) and they are willing to learn new songs at your request.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for your 5 star review, Emily! We had a fabulous time celebrating with you and Tyler from your walk down the aisle to the last dance. We are honored you chose Wavelength to provide the entertainment for your wonderful wedding. Loved all the smiles! All our best!

Ellen · Married on 06/27/2015

WOW!! This band is amazing!! They had our guests dancing before the end of the first course! Their playlist is extensive and includes something for everyone, from the favorite standards to more contemporary songs. Lindsay was so professional and organized, and Johnna was so helpful and accommodating. The band learned Dave Matthew's "You and Me" for the first dance, and nailed it! They made us feel us feel so special, like our gig was the most important one they had ever played. Our guests had so much fun, and the dance floor was packed all night long. Don't wait, book this band, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Wavelength's reply:

Ellen, we can't thank you enough for the review and the wonderful experience we had with you and your family at the Newagen. The reception totally rocked and was unforgettable! Thank you for allowing us to share in your special day with Mary and Chris.

An all-around absolute pleasure! Wavelength provided beautiful acoustic guitar during the ceremony, keyboards during the cocktail hour, and the whole shebang for the reception. Our guests loved them! The band was so lively and fun. Johnna was so professional, sweet, helpful, and just wonderful to work with. Pricing was very reasonable. My husband and I only have the best things to say about Wavelength!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for the opportunity to share in your special day and the sweet review, Hannah. It was absolutely beautiful from start to finish!

All of our expectations were exceeded by Wavelength, from the initial pricing request, through planning, up until the band packed up to leave. Johnna is so helpful and professional and will ease all worries that you might be forgetting something. The playlist they have is so vast, and they were incredible. Paul played beautiful acoustic guitar at our ceremony and even worked with my parents to perform a surprise song in the middle of our ceremony. Then the cocktail hour-- he killed it there too! The reception started with Lindsay introducing the wedding band which was flawless and so fun. Then ... the reception. What can I even say about the reception other than we made the best choice ever in Wavelength. Every single person at the wedding danced all night-- the dance floor was huge but it felt tiny because these guys had all 140 of us on it for every minute of the night. The energy was fantastic and the talent in that group is worthy of such a better title than "wedding band". They are true professionals and lovely people to boot. If you book this band, your wedding is sure to be talked about as the most fun wedding your guests have ever been to.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to share in your wedding day. We are beyond thrilled to exceed your expectations and provide a memorable wedding celebration with good music. What a great couple you make. We wish you all the best in your happily ever after.

Susan · Married on 06/13/2015

This band offers it all. From an incredibly diverse play list to flexibility and professionalism, this band delighted us and our guests. Paul played the acoustic guitar at the ceremony and cocktail hour, then joined the rest of the band for a ceremony that kept all of our guests on the dance floor til they packed up their instruments. Johnna is professional, well organized, and adjusts to the venue and tenor of the wedding. Would book this band again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for the review, Susan. We couldn't have had a better time celebrating with you. We are so grateful for wonderful clients.Thank you for choosing Wavelength to be your wedding band!