13 Reviews for Waterworks Museum

Photos
Indoor (2)
Parking (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)

This was the first venue we looked at, and we immediately knew it was where we were going to get married. Working with Christine and Rebecca was so easy. We felt like they were friends of ours by the end of the night. They answered all our questions along the way and helped make sure the night was the best night of our lives. The museum was gorgeous and all our guests were in awe of it. It was such a unique and one of a kind space to have our wedding. We had the ceremony on the front stairs and then had the double doors open and the wedding party and guests entered through there. We do highly recommend having uplighting done. It added that extra wow factor to an already amazing space. We will never forget this magical night at a magical venue.

Profile Picture Anthony, 4/9/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked two years early, shortly before the venue price nearly doubled. However, even at the current price, it would have been well worth it. The venue is a distinct space, and all of the guests loved it. Our wedding had a Doctor Who theme, so the architecture and machines fit perfectly with the theme.

When we booked, we worked primarily with Christine, who was an absolute delight--incredibly flexible, enthusiastic, and genuinely excited about our vision. Later in the process, our event manager was Chris, who was also great to work with. They were very accommodating of our more out-there requests, and kept everything running smoothl

Profile Picture Anne, 10/31/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

We held our wedding reception at the Waterworks and it was fabulous! The venue is so beautiful and interesting that you barely need any decorations and it worked wonderfully for our cocktail style reception. We got so many compliments from our guests about the venue and honestly the ambiance was even better than I imagined. We also rented the upstairs room and had movies playing for the kids, which I think they really enjoyed (when they weren't out dancing!)

The staff are also great, we had a horrible experience with the caterer we had booked and with Christine's help were able to get another caterer with only 10 days until the wedding (and it was the busiest wedding weekend in June.) She was responding to my emails late at night and really worked some magic to make sure we had a reliable caterer the day of (Tastings Caterers, highly recommended!) I was having panic attacks about our catering situation and the staff at the Waterworks really helped our day turn out better than we imagined.

Overall, if you're looking for a unique wedding venue that's not your average hotel ballroom I highly recommend the Waterworks.

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently finished working with Christine and the staff of the the Waterworks on my wedding reception that was held at the Museum in the end of September.

My husband and I wanted to plan a alternative and unique wedding reception. We also estimated about 170 guests would attend. So this immediately knocked a lot of restaurants, reception venues and unique spaces (lofts, etc). When I walked into the the Waterworks Museum, I knew I'd found what we were looking for. Elegantly renovated, remarkably cared for and super unique, the museum would require little decoration since the artisans who created the engines, installed the mahogany ceiling and bass works who made the bass rails did all the decorating work necessary. The "wow" factor of a two story building should not be overlooked!

But we all know a venue is only as good as its staff. Christine, the Manager of Events, is why I really feel a need to write this review. A lot of event managers would balk at some of our ideas: a live band karaoke with the groom as the drummer? lots of sit-ables but no formal tables or assigned seating? a variety of vendors delivering four different kinds of desserts, and a stage with sound system? Christine DID NOT BAT AN EYE!!! In fact she suggested plenty of ways to make the event run smoothly and worked through the day of game plan with us several times. I think this comes from her positive attitude and sense of humor. She even figured out a way to help us get more guest parking on the same day as the BC vs. FSU football game- Christine is a miracle worker.

If you are a couple who are looking for an elegant, exciting and unique reception venue- the Waterworks is the place for you. If you a couple with lots of creativity and want to work with a staff who embraces new ideas- the Waterworks is the place for you. If you are a couple who wants their guests to not only be wowed by the reception but feel well taken care of - the Waterworks is the place for you.

Profile Picture Emily , 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony & reception at the museum and it was the best value for a Boston address museum space. JPP & BHP

Profile Picture Julie, 4/13/13, 1 Review

Photos Courtesy of Reverie Artistry - http://reverieartistry.com/

My wife and I wanted a unique venue for our ceremony and reception, and the Waterworks Museum did not disappoint. We looked at three other venues prior to the Waterworks, and we knew immediately that this was "the one".

The space is beautiful, and looks even more stunning when the machinery is all lit up in the evening. All of our guests were absolutely amazed and impressed with the venue.

The staff and event management was very accommodating, often letting us visit the museum in off hours or short notice to help plan for the wedding day. Additionally, the staff helped us the day after to retrieve decor and wedding items which we had stored on site overnight.

Partially through the planning process, the Director of Events left the Museum, and this caused a bit of confusion regarding our new point of contact. Email was the main method of communication and sometimes this could be a bit slow for our tastes. As we approached the wedding day, communication with the staff was much more regular and there were no issues on the day of.

We had a guest count of ~90, plus caterers and a 6 piece band. Any more than 100 and it will likely get crowded, despite official capacity counts. We chose for a seated dinner, and it was a bit of a challenge to fit the dining layout into the space, but we made it work. Any downsides in this regard are well worth it!

Photos
Profile Picture Kris, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access

We looked at a handful of venues before coming to Waterworks and knew right away it was the perfect place for our wedding. The majority of our guests were coming from out of town so this made for a really unique experience - and it was new for many of our local guests as well! The space is a bit unusual so you need to be flexible with where you have tables for a sit-down dinner, but it all worked out perfectly for us. Rebecca was our event manager and she worked closely with our catering manager to ensure everything was taken care of and I did not need to worry about a thing. I found her to be very responsive, professional, and enjoyable to work with. Most of the staff at Waterworks have other jobs so ahead of the event we would often wait a few days before receiving a response, however as we got closer to the wedding date I found them to be extremely responsive. We did not have a wedding planner nor did we need one, between working with Rebecca and our caterer - this venue is so amazing that you don't really need to have a ton of flowers or additional decoration to make it a special event for your guests. We spent a tiny bit more to have the historian give tours during cocktail hour and it was well worth it - it added to the unique experience. We are so happy we chose Waterworks for our wedding - it was exactly what we were looking for!

Profile Picture Corinne, 9/10/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I got married at Waterworks at the end of October, and we couldn't be happier that we chose it as our venue. The space itself is absolutely gorgeous, and working with Christine was absolutely wonderful. She was one of the main reasons we went with the venue, as we knew after the first meeting that we would enjoy working with her. She was happy to work with a vendor that they had never partnered with us before, and gave us so many useful suggestions on how to use the space. Every time we saw her, no matter what we were stressing out about, she easily calmed our nerves, and I never doubted that she could execute everything flawlessly on the day of the wedding. There are some downsides to the venue - no tables/chairs/linens are included, and there are some condo rules that they have to follow. That being said, I would choose them again in a heartbeat and easily recommend them to anyone looking for a unique spot for their wedding.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am writing this review because my husband and I had the best experience at The Metroplitian Waterworks Museum. Christine was really great about working with us and had the attitude that the museum was "ours" for the night and did everything to make our guests appreciate the uniqueness of the venue. 5 stars isn't really enough.....Steve & Jon Marks-Harrington

Profile Picture Marks-, 5/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Waterworks Museum was the perfect place to hold our wedding reception for our 85 guests. The space is gorgeous and so unique. None of our guests had been there before and were amazed by the museum's amenities. The staff was very helpful and responsive and have great relationships with caterers and other vendors that made our planning process so easy. They do require that you work with their preferred vendors, or have outside vendors submit information on insurance and other things. Overall, we loved having our reception there and would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jenna, 4/22/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access

Christine was my event planner, she was amazing! The venue was beautiful, clean, and exactly what we wanted!

Profile Picture User4628960, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
3.9

The venue is absolutely beautiful and it is a very unique location. Even though there is no air conditioning, it was very cool and comfortable inside the museum. Because it is a museum with apartments and condos attached, there are some strict rules here regarding when the music has to stop, set up, and drop off/pick up works.

While Christine and Rebecca were very nice, I was disappointed in the level of professionalism. Despite having Rebecca assigned to our wedding, I never received her contact information and had to go through my wedding planner or Christine. We did several site visits where she showed up dressed in work-out clothes. Then on the day of the wedding, I noticed Rebecca standing around and asking us to hurry up rather than helping. I wonder if the level of service varies when you get a wedding planner.

Even so, I would recommend the venue for its beauty and location.

Profile Picture Sandy, 6/18/16, 9 Reviews