Watering Hole - Bartending Services Reviews

Watering Hole - Bartending Services 3
Watering Hole - Bartending Services 4
  • Kelly

Kelly Williams Ballman · Married on 03/30/2019

Working with watering hole was so easy!

Using watering hole for our bar service was such a piece of cake decision! We choose to purchase our own alcohol because we’re picky and they allowed us to drop it off the day beforehand and they took care of getting it to the venue and iced down and everything! Prices were great! The bartender was also so on top of making sure the groom and I always had a drink ready when we wanted one!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Emily · Married on 03/02/2019

The best vendor I had at my wedding

My experience with The Watering Hole was top-notch from the beginning. I spoke with Hollis for quite some time as she helped me navigate which bar option would be best for our wedding reception. She suggested options that would help us save money but still execute the feel we wanted for the wedding.

Throughout the planning process, Hollis and Jon were responsive in answering any questions, usually emailing or calling back within a few hours. They helped me decide how many tables to reserve, what size linens I needed, and how much alcohol to purchase.

The day of the wedding, their staff was polite, fun, and always looking for ways to help keep the reception clean and clear of trash or empty glasses.

I absolutely recommend The Watering Hole for any event. They made my wedding day less stressful and more fun.

Sent on 03/29/2019

Meghan · Married on 02/09/2019

Great experience!

I had a great experience using The Watering Hole. They were always willing to help and helped me make the best choices for my budget!

Sent on 03/24/2019

Kelly Wingate · Married on 02/07/2019

Five stars all around

Watering Hole provided bar services for my wedding and they were amazing! They helped me pick out what they thought I would need and stayed within my budget as well. They even help me come up with a signature cocktail and it was exactly what I was looking for. My favorite part about using this company was the fact that they weren’t phony. They were real, honest, good people. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 03/08/2019

Ryan Sasena · Married on 10/13/2018

Event planner

The best hands down!! They were very professional, flexible, the staff was amazing and helped so very much through the whole process!! You’re messing up if you go with any other bar service!!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly K · Married on 09/28/2018

Best Wedding Bar Service in Charleston!

Watering Hole was a dream to work with for our wedding bartending service. Hollis and his team were incredibly helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process. I had some things I wanted to customize as my date was approaching (wine selections, specialty cocktail, wine table service etc), and Watering Hole gave me the flexibility and guidance to do these things without any extra stress. The day of the wedding, they were on time and so professional and polite! The bartenders were amazing and very friendly to our wedding guests! I can't say enough about this company--I would highly recommend Watering Hole to anyone looking for an amazing bartending service with great value in the Charleston area!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Watering Hole - Bartending Services 5

Haley · Married on 09/22/2018

We were very impressed with Watering Hole for our bar service for our wedding. We did a cocktail hour outside on the lawn of our venue, and then we had another bar inside for the reception. I had a lot of questions and custom requests, which they accommodated my every need! I worked mostly with Hollis, and she was great! We highly recommend them for anyone planning a wedding or party!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Ally · Married on 06/30/2018

The Watering Hole has been a pleasure to work with for our wedding in Charleston. I had countless detailed questions that Jon always answered promptly and politely. He helped me figure out so many details since I've never had to hire professional bartenders or plan an event for 100 people before. The bartenders at the event were very nice and professional. I highly recommend them for your bartending needs!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Trenton · Married on 06/23/2018

The Watering Hole was really a dream come true. Normal food Caterer's bar service is often tiered, where each tier has pre-selected alcohol. Watering Hole allows you to pick and choose as you like, and will work with you on improving and revising your bar selections through the final week -- in spite of our large guest count changes. They even prepared a fantastic specialty cocktail for our cocktail hour that everyone loved. On top of their speedy response times, thoughtful accommodations, and incredible day of service, they were far and away the most reasonably priced bar service -- while having all the selections you'd want. There's no question about it. Go with The Watering Hole for your event!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Chris · Married on 06/16/2018

There can't be a better bar service in Charleston than Jon and his team at Watering Hole. The way they run their bar service is just way better than everyone else. All the other bar services had "packages" or "tiers" that never quite worked for me. I'm pretty opinionated about my liquor and beer, and I really liked that I got to choose each type of liquor and beer that I wanted. Watering Hole was also a great value. The cost was similar or cheaper than the other services, but at the end of the night, you get to keep all the leftover beer, wine, and liquor!! Prior to the event, Jon was quick to answer any questions we had and helped us to customize our bar. During the event, the bartenders were friendly and professional. I would highly recommend Watering Hole for their value, customization, service, and experience.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Kristin · Married on 06/03/2018

Watering Hole was excellent to work with! They went above and beyond what we asked from them and even helped with our rehearsal dinner. I was worried we did not purchase enough booze from Total Wine so Jon had cases of beer on standby if we need them. They helped every step of the way with recommendations and advice and we couldn't have been happier. Highly recommend Watering Hole!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Ashley Z · Married on 05/24/2018

Perfect bar service

We're a bit late with the review, but we really wanted to take the time to thank these guys for doing such a fantastic job at our wedding. We had a really hard time finding a vendor that suited our specific needs; most had stock packages that were inflexible and very expensive. The Watering Hole allowed us to pick and choose what we wanted served to ensure that everyone would be happy. The employees were so nice and courteous throughout the evening/night. We were very lucky to find them and recommend them to anyone looking for a bar service for any occasion.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Blondelle · Married on 05/19/2018

My 60th birthday celebration was a hit and the bar tending service was a big part of the rave about the specialty drinks that were made. Thanks Watering Hope for being so professional in serving my guests.

Sent on 07/20/2018
    Watering Hole - Bartending Services 6
    Watering Hole - Bartending Services 7

Watering Hole - Bartending Services's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate it:)

Cathleen · Married on 05/12/2018

Jon was easy to communicate with and very flexible in giving multiple options for my wedding bar. I was very pleased with the service and how above and beyond they went when we ran out of mixers and they went and bought more. I never even knew about it! Highly recommend this company for any of your bar needs!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Nicole · Married on 02/17/2018

The BEST bartenders EVER! They were fabulous to work with and were amazing on the actual wedding day. They even picked up our alcohol from Total Wine since we were coming from North Carolina. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 03/15/2018

Matt · Married on 11/18/2017

Double Thumbs Up...Very Friendly...Coorindated with father of the groom who wanted to supply his own wine selection...Thank you very much!!!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Watering Hole - Bartending Services's reply:

Thank you Matt for taking the time to write a review....Happy New Year to you and your new family:)

Brittany · Married on 11/16/2017

I can't say enough good things about working with The Watering Hole. John and Hollis are incredible! They are super accommodating and always understand exactly what we need for a variety of different events, from oyster roasts to corporate events. Every event with them has been a success, which is why I have hired them exclusively for the past 3+ years for events ranging from 20 people to 300 people. They are very professional and are always a pleasure to work with! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Devon · Married on 10/28/2017

We had a backyard wedding in October and we wanted to serve drinks that we would normally drink and really enjoy rather than a standard pre-selected bar package. We were able to do that with The Watering Hole. John was great about answering a slew of questions about hosting a large party serving alcohol at your own home. He also helped us figure out how much liquor, beer and wine would be appropriate for our guest list. We opted to purchase the drinks ourselves so we were able to fully customize the offerings (Aunt Joyce loved that we had her particular brand of Brandy on hand). They had a great looking bar for us to rent as well as a chalkboard sign listing our offerings. They also helped us coordinate a champagne toast just before the cake cutting. Finally, they helped with cleanup at the end of the event, which our wedding coordinator greatly appreciated. Overall, I’m really glad we found The Watering Hole to bartend at our wedding!

Sent on 01/02/2018

kristin · Married on 09/16/2017

The Watering Hole is fantastic! They are easy to work with, professional and FUN! They provided great drinks, fast service, NO lines at the bar and were extremely friendly yet professional. I couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Watering Hole - Bartending Services's reply:

Thank you Kristin for taking the time to write a review! Your family is fantastic and we were so happy to be a part of your wedding:)

Christina · Married on 09/16/2017

Jon and the team were such a pleasure to work with!! They were super knowledgeable and I had full faith in their judgement on amounts to purchase and such. Love that we got to keep the leftover alcohol, and the fact that they were willing to run out and get more of something if we happened to run out. Super accommodating and willing to work with us on some of our odd requests which ended up being a HUGE help. I have zero doubt that we chose the right vendor!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Watering Hole - Bartending Services's reply:

Thank you Christina for taking the time to write a review! We had a great time and happy to be a part of your big day:)

Adam · Married on 09/04/2017

Absolutely the best and most friendly bartenders in town!

Sent on 12/23/2017
    Watering Hole - Bartending Services 8

Carly · Married on 09/02/2017

Watering hole provided bartender service for my wedding and they did an awesome job. It was great to find a company that lets you decide how you want to provide drinks. I was able to supply all the alcohol and mixers and they provided the bartending services, ice and garnishes. I was so thankful to find them!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Watering Hole - Bartending Services's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.....this means more than you know:) We were so happy to be a part of your big day.

Bhavneet · Married on 09/02/2017

They were great to work with and went beyond what was needed :)

Sent on 10/04/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

Jon and Hollis were seriously the best to work with when it came to planning our wedding bar. They talked with both my husband and I to figure out what all we wanted to serve and how much of each to have available. They were flexible enough to set up a separate champagne cocktail hour table on a different part of our venue from the reception area. Hollis even stopped by our house the week of the wedding to pick up some extra supplies we had (so it was one less thing we had to worry about during that crazy week). They packed up all of the un-consumed alcohol at the end of the night for us to keep, and the price was much more reasonable than other places we looked at. I would absolutely recommend them.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Pegga & James · Married on 05/27/2017

We loved working with The Watering Hole! They were great people at a great value! Setting everything up with them was easy and felt like working with friends and not a business arrangement. They were informative and helpful in helping make decisions and accommodating to everything we wanted. My guests gushed over how awesome they were, and everything went off without a hitch! Honestly, I am so grateful and thankful to have found them, and I recommend them to anyone who wants to pay it forward to great people and receive outstanding service!!!

Sent on 06/16/2017