Wandering Waters Reviews

4 | Maple Falls, WA

4 Reviews for Wandering Waters

Lauren · Married on 07/29/2017

Wandering Waters is the most beautiful venue! It is tucked away in the foothills of Mt Baker and captures the feel of the area so magically. Ellen was always responsive to our email questions (no matter how many we sent) and flexible in times for us to visit to see the location, bring family to see it and have our rehearsal. She and Gary are always adding new things to the venue such as beautiful string lights, handmade yard games and wood rounds. We couldn't have picked a better location for our wedding and are so thankful for the backdrop that it provided. We highly recommend Wandering Waters.

Kay · Married on 07/01/2017

I adored having my same-sex wedding at Wandering Waters. It is a breathtaking location -- the grounds are owned by a couple who live on the property, and the outdoor structures are hand-milled lumber from their property. They have multiple ceremony locations, including where we got married, which was a large open field with views of the mountains and eagles nests. The reception area is beautiful, with a huge fire pit, a stage for a band, a dance floor, a beautiful wooden bar area, a kitchen, and a covered area for dinner. It's a rustic location, and they take great care of it (including good bathrooms for everyone!) It seriously feels like a fairy tale.

The owners are friendly, warm and welcoming. They were flexible and responsive, answering any questions that I had and offering suggestions. They only do one wedding per weekend and allow set-up the day before and break-down on the Sunday afterwards. They allowed our requests (letting us have our dog in the ceremony, serving a signature drink during cocktail hour, and I even asked to come tour again with my mom during the winter when they were out of town, and they said that was totally fine.) They're always trying to improve their venue, adding amenities like bistro tables and large jenga sets to make it more fun! After our wedding, they even asked us to stop by on Sunday to say goodbye and so they could wish us well. Definitely a "family" feel. We loved it.

These other things weren't necessarily cons for us, but they are something to consider if Wandering Waters is right for you:
    - There's no cell phone service at the venue. Which, actually, was perfect because it made everyone be present and talk to each other. I really loved that people couldn't retreat into their phones!
    - It's an entirely outdoor venue without any space to get ready or indoor space. They do have some tents for you to use in case it rains.

It was the perfect venue for us & their website doesn't do it justice. Go for a tour!

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2014

Wandering Waters is one of the most breathtaking places I have ever seen. It was the perfect location for our outdoor wedding. There are several locations throughout the property to take photos and have your ceremony. I only have positive things to say about this venue.

Wandering Waters provided a truly enchanting venue for our special day! Most of our guests came from out of state to celebrate with us and we really wanted to show off all that the Pacific Northwest has to offer. So over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house… excuse me… “our wedding” we went. Our guests took a bridge over a burbling creek and made their way to our ceremony which was held in a wooded alder grove. Afterwards, we played yard games in the open lawn area, ate dinner while enjoying the sun set over the mountains, and ended the night dancing under the stars.

This venue is located down a long private drive and is backed to acres of state owned land. Your guests will surely be amazed by the scenery with a backdrop of Mount Baker’s foothills, open meadows and lawns, wooded areas, paths, a river, and the wildlife. The venue also included a variety of ceremony spots, covered pavilion for the reception, 2 stages, bar, kitchen, fire pit, nice bathroom facilities, and again the views! And it doesn’t hurt that the owners are awesome folks! I worked with them closely throughout the year leading up to my wedding day and they got back to me very quickly every time I called/emailed. They were willing to work with me and had lots of ideas on how to make the day smoother.

I highly recommend Wandering Waters to anyone looking for an outdoor venue!