165 Reviews for Wanda's Cake Decorating

Delivery (16)
Setup (15)
Cakes (10)
Groom's Cake (1)

Wanda was wonderful to work with! The cake was beautiful and elegant. It not only looked amazing, it tasted amazingly delicious!! Overall we were thrilled with the experience!

Photo for Wanda's Cake Decorating Review - Photo from Bri and Wes Photography
Profile Picture Maureen, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Wanda is a gem in this industry. She was recommended by our venue (Heritage Hunt Golf Club) and was exactly what we were looking for! The cake was absolutely delicious and everyone at the wedding was praising it. All the options we tried at our tasting were great. We had even tasted a slice she had frozen prior to our appointment and we couldn't tell... and all her example cakes were beautiful, with lots of options. Considering this, she's one of the best values you will find in northern Virginia. The price was very reasonable, and she was able to work with us to get us the cake we want in our budget. Not to mention she's such a fun and welcoming person! We absolutely would choose her again if we were able to do it all over.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

This cake was delicious! I’m so glad I went with Wanda!!

Profile Picture Sally, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was perfect, and delicious! Highly recommended by my whole family.

Profile Picture Rhonda, 3/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Holy moly, Wanda is just THE BEST!!! From the very first steps of contracting and the tasting, Wanda was so patient with all of our questions and kind! Everything is operated out of her home, and it feels like a very personal experience! The cake was out of this world, and more beautiful than we ever could have imagined!!! Wanda, we cannot thank you enough for everything you did for our big day! If you're looking for a cake for any occasion, this is your gal!!

Profile Picture Kara, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were so impressed with Wanda's cakes. She was very flexible, meeting with us when we were in town from Ohio and trying to plan our wedding. She worked with us to get the look we were going for. The cake was beautiful and even more delicious. We were eating cake for almost 2 weeks after the wedding and it still tasted great! We cannot wait to pull out the topper in a year and have more! :) Thank you again Wanda!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

It couldn't have been easier to order the cake for our daughter's wedding. We met Wanda, chose the cake, had a tasting and enjoyed a beautiful, delicious cake last weekend for the wedding!!
October, 2017

Profile Picture Rosemary, 10/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wanda is amazing! Her cakes are delicious and beautiful. She was such a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Julisa, 10/15/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

I found Wanda through the preferred vendors at my venue. She was responsive and great to work with. She cares about her customers and really works to fit your budget and schedule. The cake turned out perfect and tasted so good. Thank you Wanda for helping make my day so special.

Profile Picture Brittney, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Wanda. Besides just being a genuinely nice person, Wanda is very easy to work with and knows how to make cakes that are both tasty and works of art. She responds to emails promptly and is not afraid to give her opinion when her client is equivocating on decisions. Wanda was also flexible in customizing a cake flavor for us--spiced rum. I was not disappointed that some guests left before the cake cutting because the leftovers were delicious! Even a week after the wedding, the leftover Kahlua/chocolate chip cake w/raspberry filling was still moist and flavorful! I typically think that fruit fillings are disgusting, but her pineapple and raspberry fillings completely won me over.

I got so many compliments about our cake, which was executed exactly as I envisioned. Several people commented that Wanda's was the only fondant they've ever liked. A relative that is also a professional cake decorator praised both the taste and the decorating. Last but not least, Wanda's pricing is an incredible value in such an expensive area. It was nice that she didn't charge extra for fondant (as most local bakers do) and her delivery fee was also reasonable. We look forward to going back to Wanda for an anniversary cake!

Profile Picture User7810615, Recently Married, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Wanda made our wedding cake for September 2,2017 and it came out gorgeous! We received so many compliments on our cake. She made the cake exactly like we wanted. She delivered the cake, and ordered a cake stand for us that she did not have. She is amazing and highly recommend her for cake services!

Profile Picture Lendy, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I met Wanda at an Open House at Chantilly National Golf Course and after that I knew I had to get a cake from her. She is such a doll and great to work with. I gave her a picture and vision as to what I wanted and she deliverers exactly the cake I wanted. Not only are her cakes beautiful but reasonably priced and delicious. Many people at our wedding complimented how delicious and beautiful the cake was. Highly recommend her for your event, especially wedding. Thanks for making our day special and beautiful!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/14/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Wanda is such a wonderful woman and made our beautiful wedding cake. She was very open to hearing what ideas we had for doing a naked cake and was very helpful with ideas on how to decorate. Our cake was beautiful and was delicious. I hope we have an opportunity to have Wanda make us another cake in the future!

Profile Picture Crystal, 7/6/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Cakes

Best cake I have ever had! I met Wanda at the wedding expo back in September and I fell in love! Such a sweet lady! Went in for cake tasting and she was able to do gluten free for my Mother and Mother in law! Sugar free for my Dad! 150 cupcakes for our guests and not to mention the amazing cake we had for us and our wedding party! We wanted Oreo cake but it wasn't listed so without hesitation she said she can do it!

Profile Picture Mae, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I brought in a picture of what I wanted for my wedding cake and Wanda absolutely nailed it! Wanda was a pleasure to work with. The cake not only looked beautiful, but tasted so good. Wanda was reasonably priced and a joy to work with and talk with. I will definitely use Wanda again in the future!

Profile Picture Sam, 5/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

What a spitfire; this woman knows cakes. We made a last minute decision to get a formal wedding cake, and we were recommended to Wanda. We tasted her cakes, and didn’t go anywhere else after that. She had a pile of photo albums from her decades in the business to help give you ideas of what you might want, but was flexible on design. Good prices, great cake (the carrot cake was out of this world!!!). We would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a baker!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/6/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wanda is great! She is so fun, and man does she have some cakes under her belt. I never looked at more than one of her books before I figured out exactly what I wanted, and sure enough it showed up exactly the way I wanted as well. Also, the cake was delicious, and while I did not get to eat more than one bite at the wedding, I am definitely looking forward to the anniversary cake.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 4/29/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wanda not only listens and does a beautiful job decorating the cake, the cakes are very delicious. We were able to have multiple types of cakes and fillings. We ordered more than we needed and there was not any left as everyone took more than one piece. She is also very reasonably priced.

Profile Picture Shannon, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

We loved our cake from Wanda! She did a fantastic job! We got the exact cake that we pictured and couldn't be happier. The cake was delicious! Wanda was professional and very easy to talk to. The cake was delivered on time and in perfect condition. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 11/18/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We cannot say enough amazing things about Wanda! She was extremely professional and very easy to work with. During the consultation, she was friendly and had so many delicious cakes to try! She was able to personalize our wedding cake with subtle details that fit our style. Not only was our cake beautiful but it was delicious! We still get compliments. She was also extremely reasonably priced compared to other bakeries in the area. She delivered our cake without charging a fee and was all about customer service! We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/15/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We instantly liked Wanda when we met her at a wedding show at our venue. She was extremely personable and her cake was delicious! When we found out she was a Maryland grad, like my husband, we knew we wanted her to make our cake! She has several cake examples at her home and many photos of her work. We enjoyed getting to know her as we tasted several flavors of cake, filling, and frosting. We chose a yellow cake with buttercream frosting, with one layer having chocolate filling. It was a very traditional design which we had requested, and she made it exactly as I had in mind. She delivered the cake early, and our floral designer decorated it with fresh flowers. Since Wanda is a Maryland Terp, I was excited to ask her to make a surprise groom's cake of Testudo, the U. of MD mascot! "He" was perfect and a big hit with everyone, including many Terp fans! Wanda's prices are very reasonable, and she is very easy to work with. I was able to get the wedding cake and the groom's cake for less than what some bakeries would have charged just for the wedding cake. I highly recommend Wanda's Cakes because of her delicious cake, reasonable prices, beautiful and creative designs, and the pleasant and stress-free experience!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/9/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wanda was so easy to work with. We tried delicious cake combinations at our first appointment, chose from there and showed her the design we wanted. Our cake was a showcase at the wedding. SO GORGEOUS! Wanda made it look exactly like what we wanted. It was also incredibly delicious. We can't wait to have to top layer on our one year anniversary! Wanda, you're the best!!!! Lianne and John

Profile Picture User7462228, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wanda was a lovely experienced baker and the cake was delicious! She also accepted our special request for funfetti cake, which the guests loved! Wanda took extra time the day of to deliver it right to the table and decorate with our fresh-cut flowers, the cake was exceptional! Thank you Wanda!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/26/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wanda's Cake Decorating is excellent! This vendor listened to our Bride and Groom and made a BEAUTIFUL cake!!! The price was very fair and the service was very high quality!! As Mother of the Bride WE highly recommend Wanda's Cake Decorating!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/28/16, 1 Review