Wanda Chiles Reviews

164 | Waterbury, CT

164 Reviews for Wanda Chiles

ShaToya · Married on 05/15/2016

Wanda was truly a life saver! Three weeks before our wedding our JP was MIA. I took a chance calling Wanda praying that she'd be available for that day and that she agreed to do it. Not only was she available and willing but she was very sympathetic and kind. She put my mind at ease instantly! At the ceremony Wandas performance was perfect, the words were beautiful. I could not have asked for a better performed ceremony. People were coming to me at the reception raving about Wanda and what a nice job she did. Both my husband and I agree 100%. If you are looking for a flexible kind, sweet, experienced Justice of the Peace, Wanda is who you are looking for. Thank you, Wanda!!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Wanda Chiles's reply:

Oh ShaToya & Lenionell, Your sweet words just brought tears to my eyes...I was thrilled to be your Officiant, and you were a Beautiful Bride...Also, thank you for taking me along on your Hawaiian honeymoon via Facebook :-)

Kristen · Married on 05/07/2016

Wanda was great! When we first reached out to her about officiating our wedding, her response time was quick. We were able to schedule a call to speak with her and we liked her right away. When we finally met in person to finalize our ceremony, Wanda provided us with things we never thought of, but fell in love with and incorporated them into our wedding, i.e. A wine ceremony. She is professional and personal which is exactly what we were looking for in an officiant! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Emily · Married on 04/17/2016

I met Wanda when she officiated a friends wedding, who I was photographing at the time. She was so nice and polite that I decided she was who I would book for my big day! She's been super helpful so far with the planning process and I can't wait to work with her further!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Colleen · Married on 11/06/2015

Right from the beginning, on 4th of July weekend, Wanda got back to me within minutes of my request for info. She was an absolute pleasure to work with- professional, sincere, flexible and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone needing a wedding officiant. The day we met it was like Wanda was an old friend of mine- I knew that she was the perfect choice to marry us and we couldn't be any happier with her services. Thank you Wanda for everything!!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Caitlin · Married on 10/10/2015

Wanda was great! Allowed us to choose exactly how we wanted our ceremony to go. Suggested things we would've never thought of but automatically loved.

Her kind and gentle spirit was just what we had hoped for in a JP. Our outdoor Guilford, CT wedding was small, family oriented and full of love. Wanda included such beautiful bits into our ceremony, she talked about our loving parents, our future together, etc. Also, very helpful with the process of filling out the marriage license + dealing with name change questions.

She is also lightning quick to respond to emails and even my panicky text messages as the days dwindled. She is truly one of a kind!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Lila · Married on 10/09/2015

Wanda was awesome. She guided us through the whole process and created a lovely ceremony for us. We loved her ideas and she really helped make our ceremony special. It was perfect!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Wanda was very professional, responded quickly to all of my emails and showed up extra early to the cermony!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Julie · Married on 09/20/2015

Wanda Chiles is such a sweetheart! She loves her job and you can completely tell. She is so excited during every step of the process and she truly shines in picking out special nuances for your ceremony to make it more personal.
    I am so happy we found Wanda. This was the only area of our wedding where we didn’t have a personal recommendation from a friend or family member and we had to use online reviews for a suggestion. We absolutely lucked out when we found Wanda! We had one meeting prior to our wedding where we worked out the ceremony. My husband and I did not come prepared beyond knowing that we wanted it to be short. Wanda took care of everything! She asked us questions and generally showed excitement over everything we had planned. She had the best suggestions for our vows. We left the meeting feeling confident that the day would go great… and it did! Thank you Wanda for being amazing.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Wanda Chiles's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to pen such lovely words! You and Kyle are both beautiful inside AND out....The pleasure was all mine!

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2015

I have to say that my wedding would have been NOTHING without Wanda. I am a professional wedding photographer in CT so i have gotten to see Wanda work many times throughout the couple years we have worked together. I knew right away Wanda was different, she was personal. That meant the world to my now husband and I. Wanda was incredible when I told her my wedding was going to take place on a beach in Rhode Island on a Wednesday night with my immediate family only. Without question she was responsive, excited, and professional. After my hectic lack of final details, Wanda was the one constant that I could rely on to make sure things would go smoothly. I have been in the business for 5 years and never once did I think that Id be clueless on my own wedding day, but it happened. Wanda called me a couple times before the days leading up to my wedding asking questions about my husband and I to incorporate into our ceremony and even included our son(s) which meant the world to both of us. Wanda was there on time, actually she was there early, I was late ( shocker.. the brides late hahah). Our ceremony was quick, meaningful, and beautiful. Wanda then asked to say a couple words about our parents which to be honest was one of the most touching parts of our entire ceremony, our parents were our biggest supporters and since we only had our immediate family there, celebrating them as much as us was important to us. When a bride asks me who I'd recommend for a JP I always say Wanda. My wedding day would have been nothing without that wonderful, fabulous, and beautiful woman. From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU, we are so appreciative of you.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Brianna · Married on 09/05/2015

Wanda Chiles was truely everything I could have asked for in an Officiant. She made our wedding day so very special! She worked patiently with my husband and I and allowed us to personalize our vows. She gave great ideas to add to our ceremony! She was such a pleasure to work with and without her our ceremony wouldn't have been so special!: )
    Thank you again Wanda!
    Brianna and Kurtis Brown

Sent on 01/18/2016

Michelle · Married on 08/14/2015

To anyone considering using Wanda Chiles for their upcoming wedding, I cannot strongly recommend her enough. She has made the entire ceremony process so smooth for my husband and I. Wanda even made sure we had a copy of our marriage license to take with us on our honeymoon immediately following the reception. She is extremely responsive to emails, calls and texts and will gladly answer any questions you have. She helped guide us through the entire process from start to finish and took a lot of burden off of my shoulders as the bride. She spoke beautifully at our ceremony and guests commented on how wonderful she was. She also helped incorporate our personalities into the ceremony which I really appreciated. I assure you that you will not be disappointed! And Wanda, thank you so very much for everything you have done for us.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Wanda Chiles's reply:

Thank you sooo much, Michelle! You were such a gorgeous Bride..You and Joe are a perfect couple!

Wanda was an exceptionally wonderful professional to work with! From the moments leading up to the wedding, to the big day, she provided instructions on how to obtain a marriage license, to how to go about changing my name. She took the time to sit down and get to know us as a couple. Wanda provided an array of beautiful ceremonial reading pieces, and worked with us, to choose what best fit us as a couple. Wanda created a beautiful and memorable ceremony. I am forever grateful to her for making our day that much more special! I HIGHLY recommend Wanda to be your wedding officiant! ?

Sent on 08/11/2015

Dennis · Married on 06/20/2015

Wanda was a delight to work with, and she was open to whatever we wanted for our ceremony. We went in not having many ideas, we just wanted a nice but short ceremony. She walked us through several options on what we could do for vows, the type of ceremony we could have and even how long or short the ceremony could be. She really made the whole process easy from walking us through getting the marriage license right through whispering to us what to do during the ceremony, and thankfully was on top of everything in between. The occasional gentle reminders were really helpful. Wanda was also amazing about responding back to us during everything, she was by far the best "vendor" with communication out of everyone we worked with for our wedding. We even had a lot of weather issues on our wedding day and she was extremely patient as we scrambled to move everything indoors, and were delayed. You can tell she really enjoys what she does, and we highly recommend working with her.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Angela · Married on 06/19/2015

Wanda was amazing!! She really gets to know her clients and you can tell she really cares! She is such a genuine and sincere person!! She loves what she does and loves making people happy!! She takes the time to help and make everything perfect!!! When my husband and I met up with her to go over our ceremony her presentation was so good that she made me cry several times during~happy tears!! I can't say enough good things about her!! She's simply amazing!!!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Wanda Chiles's reply:

Angela, You and Dan are beautiful people inside and out. The pleasure was all mine...Thank you for taking the time to write such sweet words!

Megan · Married on 05/01/2015

This is one review that I could not wait to write. Before meeting Wanda, I was so wrapped up in the food, the music, the centerpieces and the celebrations, we gave very little consideration to the ceremony itself. We always said our ceremony would be short and joked that we didn't even need to rent chairs. We met Wanda over coffee and within an hour we had built a real ceremony and to my surprise, I realized that it meant so much more to us. By the end of our first meeting, she suggested a reading that she felt would fit us well. We both had tears in our eyes as she read it. Without a doubt, the ceremony was my favorite part of our wedding (I was sad to see her go when the ceremony was over!). She is just so incredibly professional yet so personal. She loves love and there is no other person I would have rather had standing up there with us.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Bridgette · Married on 04/26/2015

Wanda is great, I'm so glad we found her! We planned our CT wedding from far, so we weren't able to meet Wanda until the rehearsal, but she was so responsive through emails and facebook the months leading up to the big day that it felt very natural. She is so sweet, and you can tell from how happy she is for all of her couples that she really does love her work.

We had our ceremony outside, and right before I was supposed to say my vows, a plane flew overhead and made a bunch of noise... Wanda made a little joke that I should wait for the plane to fly by, the whole group chuckled, and when it was gone I said my vows. It was perfect, without her guidance I would have just kept going and no one would have been able to hear me.

She's funny, she's kind, she's professional, I would hire her again in a heartbeat except I don't plan on needing her services again ;)

Sent on 05/29/2015

Wanda was such a pleasure to work with! She customized our ceremony to fit us and we could not be happier! Her wording was upbeat and she made everything happy and uplifting. A beautiful person who makes beautiful ceremonies!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Dear "Private User",
    Thank you so very much for the kind words and 5 stars! I wish I knew who you are!

Lynne · Married on 03/28/2015

Wanda was absolute amazing! We could not have asked for a better officiant, she listened to everything we wanted and incorporated everything. She took into account my three children and was able to work them into the ceremony without placing a huge emphasis on us becoming a blended family which is something my husband and I wanted. She was extremely flexible and quick to respond when my now husband had contacted her. She was so genuinely happy for us which was absolutely a blessing, everyone should get to experience her.

Our wedding day came, my children had had the stomach flu all week which was passed along to myself the night before. My son (5) ended up stripping himself down out of his tux as our guests were walking into our ceremony space. He was the cutest little thing and Wanda never let the delay get to get. She waited for me to dress him again since he was walking me down the aisle and off we went, no stress!

She was incredibly prepared when we met and continued to communicate with me as we came up with ideas after our initial meeting and were able to fine tune the ceremony via email and text. She is wonderful and both my husband and I would highly recommend her, which we have, to other engaged couples. ❤️❤️

Thank you Wanda!

Sent on 02/05/2016

Wanda Chiles's reply:

Lynne, Thank you so much for this!! It was such a pleasure getting to know you, Tom and your beautiful kiddos! Love and hugs to all of you!!

Wanda is such a sweetheart!! She made our wedding day so special!! I would highly recommend her!!
    She even took the time to make our wedding custom to us it was like she knew us :-)

Sent on 03/14/2015
  • F

Faith · Married on 10/21/2014

Wanda was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was extremely responsive and was able to accommodate our last-minute wishes and venue change immediately. Wanda was truly present and engaged while officiating and obviously loves what she does. To have her genuinely share in our joy was an absolute gift.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Suzanne · Married on 10/12/2014

Wanda is wonderful! Great communication and very professional. But more importantly, extremely personable and truly interested in getting to know you. She helps you through every step of the vow and ceremony process, she personalizes whatever you want and provides sample readings and suggestions when you draw a blank. She’s very flexible and remains aware of your individual needs and wants while still providing the coaching and guidance required to pull off a successful and enjoyable ceremony. (She also explains to you what you need to do about the marriage license and paperwork!)

Wanda is top notch and so very sweet. She truly cares and has a heart of gold. If you want one less thing to worry about while you’re planning your very special day, retain her with your deposit, then contact her a couple of months before your wedding date to go over and create the readings/vows and timelines. Then just show up to your special day! She’ll do the rest!

Thanks for everything Wanda!
    Mr. & Mrs. Christopher Janik

Sent on 12/01/2014

Megan · Married on 10/03/2014

For my husband and I, the ceremony was the most important part of our wedding. A photographer had recommended Wanda to us and her reviews on here blew me away. From my first conversation with Wanda, I knew she was the right person to marry us. Whenever I reached out to her, she quickly responded back in a warm, yet professional manner. When my husband and I met with Wanda for the first time we felt so comfortable. Within minutes of being there, she found readings that matched us perfectly and brought me to tears. The day of the wedding Wanda was amazing. Just speaking with her prior to the ceremony put me at ease. The ceremony was perfect for us. I couldn't have asked for anything more-we laughed and cried.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Brianna · Married on 09/20/2014

Wanda has an incredible ability to feel more like a friend than a vendor within just the first few minutes of meeting her. My husband and I knew we wanted it write our own vows to each other but that was about where the ideas for our ceremony ended. Wanda was so responsive (we live in Utah and spent almost a year communicating via email about the ceremony to be held in Connecticut). Wanda also met with us a few days before the ceremony when we arrived in town and really molded our ceremony into something so special. My husband has written love letters to me for 5 years and Wanda jumped right in suggesting that we do a wine and love letter ceremony - we both wrote letters in sealed envelopes and placed then in a box with a bottle of wine only to be opened on our first anniversary. It was is unique and creative and perfect for us! She was just such a cheerful, wonderful person to work with and she made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. We are so incredibly thankful to her!! Truly wonderful at what she does!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Wanda made the whole process so easy! super flexible and easy to work with

Sent on 09/04/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/09/2014

Wanda did a wonderful job as our officiant! She is a true professional and all our guests told us how much they enjoyed the ceremony. She listened to our requests and worked with us to create the perfect ceremony. I would recommend her with no hesitation!

Sent on 09/03/2014