Walsh Wedding Stories Reviews

41 | San Jose, CR

41 Reviews for Walsh Wedding Stories

Karen · Married on 04/18/2016

We couldn't have asked for a more professional, talented and approachable photographer and videographer. True professionalism. Rodolfo flew over to Antigua for my daughters wedding. I was wary about paying the full amount before hand as I had never met him, but there was no need for my concern. On the day he put us all at ease in front of the camera. The weather on the wedding day was unfortunately not great so he returned to our hotel two days later so he could get some better shots of my daughter and her husband with no additional charge. Not many photographers would show such commitment and generosity. We needed a slideshow of photos for the following week for her wedding party back in the UK and he kindly provided this at no extra cost and on time. Rodolfo, we cant thank you enough for our amazing photos and video that we haven't stopped looking at!!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Karen. Thanks so much for such lovely words. As I´ve mentioned before you and your family are such wonderful people that we felt as if we had been friends for many years, even though we met on the day of Doug and Carla´s wedding in Antigua and Barbuda. An honor to have met and worked with you!!!!
    All the best,
    Rodolfo Walsh

Jose Gabriel · Married on 04/10/2016

Rodolfo's team is fantastic and incredible professionals. They are very easy to work with, and make even de most nervous moments look perfect. If we could choose again we would definitely work with him again. Impecable quality and very important fluid communication with the team prior, during and after the event! Definitely recommended.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Jose Gabriel. I really apreciate your great review!!! You and Cristina are an amazing couple. I felt so comfortable with you that it felt we had been friends for a very long time. Your wedding at Casa Santo Domingo in Antigua Guatemala was beautiful and memorable. Wish you all the happiness in the world.

Rolando · Married on 04/09/2016

Destination weddings are always challenging. Not only is it hard to plan via phone or email, but finding good, trustworthy vendors can be extremely difficult in the first place. Thankfully, Rodolfo was one vendor we didn't have to worry about.

We held our wedding near Antigua, Guatemala. When we asked a few people for amazing photographers, one name kept coming up: Rodolfo Walsh. After checking out his website, we contacted him and he immediately responded in a very courteous and professional manner. After that, each interaction we had with him was characterized by the same friendliness and professionalism. Each of these interactions kept reinforcing our trust in Rodolfo, which held all the way up to the prompt delivery of the photos and video. He was also flexible and responsive when it came to communication—we Skyped, called and emailed a number of times before the wedding.

Not to mention, the end product was amazing! We were blown away by the quality and creativity of the photos and video Rodolfo and his team helped put together. One thing I noticed was their passion for getting the right shot. For us, that meant they had to ride in the back of golf carts, jump over ponds, and scare off an army of small frogs—all to get to the right vantage point for the perfect picture. At the end, they truly helped capture our perfect day. Many of the people we've shown the photos to have even told us they look fake and dream-like (we assured them they were real—we were there!).

I would highly recommend Rodolfo for any local or destination wedding. In fact, he is photographing my sister's wedding next year!

Sent on 06/12/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Rolando. Thanks so much for the great review. It was such a pleasure to have been part of your beautiful wedding. You guys were so much fun to photograph!!! Additionally nature played its part in giving us an amazing sunset and an erupting volcano.....just perfect!!! I wish you the happiest life as a married couple.

Anna · Married on 03/04/2016

Planning a destination wedding can be stressful, especially when trying to find quality vendors! I was nervous to hire a wedding videographer without meeting him/her in person first but choosing Walsh Wedding Stories turned out to be a great decision! My husband and I are thrilled with the amazing video Rodolfo Walsh's team put together for us! The quality of the video and the editing is amazing! Walsh Wedding Stories is an amazing value and the crew was very respectful and professional. Rodolfo was incredibly receptive to our ideas and responsive while exchanging emails back and forth prior to my wedding day! I couldn't ask for a better experience and will recommend them to any bride planning a destination wedding anywhere in Central America! Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Anna. Thanks so much for your lovely review. It was an honor to be able to tell the story of your most special day!!! I wish you lots of happiness in this new great adventure!!! Kind regards,

Tomas · Married on 11/27/2015

Rodolfo Walsh and Walsh Wedding Stories did a great job for our destination wedding / Mayan wedding ceremony in November of 2015. We thought he would be out of our budget, but Rodolfo worked with us and we found a good price and great value. He's a great photographer and very personable. Would highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Tomas. What a great surprise!!! Thanks so much for writting a review. I have great memories of your lovely Mayan Ceremony. Your friendliness, relaxed attitude and the love you showed for each other made it just perfect. Wish you all the happiness in the world.

Rodolfo is an amazing person and remarkable photographer!
    He truly knows what he is doing since he was able to capture what we wanted from our wedding, and even more of what we could have imagined.

Rodolfo is a person who you can trust from the very beginning. It is important to have someone that inspires trust and that it is capable to communicate, mainly if you are planning a destination wedding.
    We knew we were in good hands since the first day we had a phone conversation with him (and we met in person months after during our wedding weekend)

We had a destination wedding, it was a new place for Rodolfo; however, he made a good research about the place and already knew all the amazing spots for great pictures and video! Rodolfo was so amazing that he decided that my husband and I should have a couple’s photograph and video session before our welcoming party event. He was so great about this that he did not charge us for that =)

Rodolfo and his team are extremely passionate about their work, and the delivery was extraordinary. The pictures and video turned out to be wonderful, a great memory of our wedding day.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Valentina. It was such an honor to do the videography and photography of your welcome dinner at Hotel Azul Fives and your wedding at Xcaret in Playa del Carmen/Cancun, Mexico. Your are one of the sweetest and fun persons I have ever met. Also thanks so much for treating my team and I as if we had known each other for a long time, even though we only met on your wedding weekend.

Carmen María · Married on 07/18/2015

Thank you for that amazing work!

Professional work, ethic, passionate of his job and an excellent teamwork are some of the qualities that we had with Walsh choosing him as our Wedding Video editor.

His extraordinary work let my husband and I, revive the most important day of our life: our Wedding. They kept every detail and the most important thing we felt very comfortable working with him and his team.

If you are looking for someone to catch up does special moments don’t doubt to choose Walsh Wedding Stories.

Take a look at: https://vimeo.com/141207542

Sent on 07/02/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Carmen Maria. So glad you enjoyed our videography service for your wedding. Yours has been one of the happiest and fun weddings I have witnessed. Your laughter and friendliness just made it perfect. Wish you all the happiness in the world.

Mrs · Married on 04/29/2015

Rodolfo was great from the first time I contacted him via email. We are from London and we got married at the Blue Waters Resort in Antigua and Barbuda. We had never met before but I sent a partial payment before the wedding day. He was wonderful! Our wedding photos and highlight video are amazing! Even better than we ever imagined! He also gave us a few extras at no charge, such as the day before photo shoot and drone video. Rodolfo was punctual and efficient. He kept us at ease and is extremely friendly. I highly recommend Walsh Wedding Stories!

Sent on 05/21/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Thanks so much for you kind words Jannel. I will always remember you as one of the friendliest and fun couples I have ever photographed. That together with the beautiful setting of the Blue Waters Resort in Antigua and Barbuda added up to a wonderful experience.

I had been admiring Rodolfo's work via Social Media (from the USA) since I knew that my now husband was "the one". I have always been drawn to wedding images that capture not only natural and spontaneous moments, but that are not over edited and where the "props" are provided by the backdrop of the location itself. I was looking for images that would capture our spontaneity as a couple and that were, most importantly, different than every other Guatemalan wedding image on the internet. I knew from the beginning that Rodolfo was the person for the job and we picked our wedding date due to his availability.

From the beginning of the quoting process to the delivery of our images and photobook, Rodolfo and his team answered emails with multiple questions and requests within 24 hours of me sending them, something important for a bride that is planning from 3000 miles away. Rodolfo is one of the top wedding photographers (in my eyes he is THE BEST one) in Guatemala and is known and trusted throughout the country for his art and I had no hesitation in trusting him when it came to our wedding (and our deposit). In fact, with the way technology is now, if I hadn't been able to travel to Guatemala to meet him, I am sure a Skype or FaceTime meeting would have been no problem. Also, I was able to make a transfer straight from my US-based bank to another US-based bank which also gave me the utmost peace of mind.

Rodolfo and his team listened to what we wanted, but his creativity, experience and dedication are what made our wedding images our most prized possession. I have received countless compliments on our pictures and wedding album.

Hiring Rodolfo and his team was the best decision we made, besides getting married in Guatemala, and we highly recommend him and his team.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Anika. Thanks so much for your kind words and for giving me the honor of taking the photos of your most special day. From the moment I stepped into your room for the getting ready photos and saw you and your wonderful family all relaxed and having a good time I sensed it was going to be a day to remember...and it surely was. You guys make a wonderful couple!!!!!

María · Married on 03/21/2015

If you´re planning your wedding, I can guarantee you can trust Walsh Wedding Stories- they made our wedding last forever with amazing photos of the most important wedding moments (and the ones that other photographers don´t often capture but are meaningful). They´re professional and take unique wedding photos.
    In my wedding, they took amazing photos during the Ceremony (at Antigua Guatemala) and made our photoshoot in a waterfall in Atitlan Lake (in Guatemala) and he was able to capture the best of the landscapes and the views, as well as our love through his pictures. Walsh Wedding Stories also made my wedding movie trailer, which was amazing, from the music, to the moments captured, to the quality... A truly amazing job with the pictures and the video!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Thanks Mafer for your great review. I will never forget your beautiful wedding plus the amazing photo shoot at Lake Atitlan. Even though I got quite sea-sick while photographing both of you on the boat it was all truly worth it. As you may have noticed I will go any length for capturing beautiful and memorable photos like yours!!!! Wish you the happiest life as a married couple!!!!

Maidi · Married on 03/07/2015

Rodolfo is a great photographer we are with our wedding pictures more than happy they are amazing. He is a very professional photographer he makes you feel comfortable! If you want unique and wow pictures book Walsh wedding photography!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Lula · Married on 11/08/2014

I would say give Rodolfo a good description of your preferences, then let him guide your interactions. He is very thorough, professional, and creative. We live in California and engaged him for two sessions in El Salvador. First, engagement photos and then the wedding. We were extremely happy with both. He did great, and made sure that we knew what to expect and that we would receive exactly what we wanted. Rodolfo was perfect!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Lula. Thanks for your great words. Since meeting you for the fist time on the engagement shoot in Suchitoto, El Salvador it felt like we´ve known each other for a long time. You and your whole family are really wonderful people and it was an honor to be part of your story.

Patrick · Married on 11/05/2016

Very expensive and a bit slow on returning the photos, but high quality photos and ultimately worth it

Sent on 12/19/2016
  • F

Fabrizio · Married on 11/07/2015

I got married last year and in summary, Rodolfo's services were outstanding. Rodolfo & his crew were extremely professional and highly artistic, in fact, we didn't consider him just a photographer but rather an artist. He was able to create such beautiful images that we fell in love with his work. As well, he was very emphatic & listened completely to what we were looking for, likes / dislikes, etc. For example, during our wedding, a heavy rain began to pour just before the photo shoot session began and instead of sitting out to wait for it, Rodolfo immediately figured out creative ways to run the photo shoot, avoiding wasting time & money. The best part was that the result was terrific!

Anyone interested in working with him will find his services outstanding & completely worth of every penny. Fully recommended!

Fabrizio A.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Fabrizio. Thank so much for your great comments. It was a great honor to meet you both and to photograph the happiest moment of your life! We have definitely learned to be weather-proof....rain or shine, we will do even the impossible to deliver the best work that we can. So glad you enjoyed our photography service. Wish you all the happiness in the world and thanks for trusting us with your memories.

Erwin · Married on 12/29/2017

Wedding renewal Jamaica.

We wanted a photographer that would take photos that were creative, spontaneous, fun and willing to travel to destination weddings. Surfing the net brought up a number of destination photographers, their biography and more importantly samples of work. We were attracted to Walsh photography.

Next step was to make sure he was legit. First off we have never heard of Walsh photography before this and neither has any of our friends ever used his services. We did our due deligence as much as we could through the internet and social media.

Next step was to contact Walsh photography. Rodolfo response was prompt. Communication was via email and whatsapp. We discussed what we were looking for in our photography and exchanged ideas. Next step was to review the contract and to pay half the fee in advance. The payment was the most difficult part as we were just not sure if this was a scam and this was no small amount. We took the plunge! The rest is history.

We met Rodolfo 6-9 months later in Jamaica. Phew, we were really worried it was going to be a no show. Wedding without a photographer #%&*€! Rodolfo scouted the venue the day before the wedding and the next day he was on site. Very punctual and patient. He made us very comfortable, easy to work with, took photo without us even knowing it ( these photo were one of our favourites). His photography and videography was AWESOME. Words cannot say enough but his pictures depict a million word. Just see for yourself and take the plunge! Thanks Rodolfo and Christiaan! See you guys in 10 years.

Kind regards
    Erwin & Michelle

Sent on 04/10/2018

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hi Erwin. Thanks so much for the great review and for putting your trust on us! You are an amazing couple and it wan an honor to meet you! Had a wonderful time with you in Jamaica. It's great to know that you loved your photos and vídeo! See you in 10 years anywhere in this beautiful world!

Nathalia · Married on 10/28/2017

3.0

Tuve el gusto de conocer a Rodolfo el día de mi boda, y todas mis expectativas fueron superadas. Lo que me llamó la atención y por lo que decidí contratarlo fue por las fotos espectaculares que tenía, sin embargo, hoy que ya lo conozco puedo decir que la mayor virtud es su personalidad y lo cómodos que nos hizo sentir el día de nuestra boda. A mi esposo no le gustan las fotos, pero Rodolfo le hizo todo más fácil. Los dos quedamos encantados.
    Otro tema es que le pagamos todo por anticipado al día de la boda, y recibimos exactamente todo lo contratado. Son personas de confianza.
    Lo único malo es que pasa sumamente ocupado, por lo que recomiendo reservarlo con tiempo.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Walsh Wedding Stories's reply:

Hola Nathalia. Gracias por tus lindas palabras y por tu buenísimo review. Me encantó haber estado con ustedes en El Salvador en su gran día!!! Un gran abrazo!