Wallinwood Springs Golf Club Reviews

19 | Jenison, MI

19 Reviews for Wallinwood Springs Golf Club

Kristen · Married on 01/26/2019

Love Wallinwood

Dave did an amazing job. So many compliments on the food and service. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/18/2019

We had a great time at Wallinwood Springs for our Wedding Reception. My husband and I feel in love with the place first time we went there. It was wonderful to have the bar there and knowing they are catering the meal. We didn't have any worries, Leah was great with working with us on any questions I had regarding decorating preparations the day before as well as the set up for our DJ. When we showed up after the ceremony, we were in Aww of how beautiful the tables looked and set up. Our reception was just perfect. We had such a great evening and as the bride I had no worries. They did such a great job with our meals, everything was wonderful and delicious.

Most important was at the of the night. Even with a small handful of guests left they waited until 11pm to start their clean up, not to make us feel rushed. We really appreciated the staff and all their hard work. That was a great ending of a great day. Thank you so much.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Tanya · Married on 11/07/2015

Wallinwood was a great place to have a reception, the venue is beautiful and the staff was great! Leah the contact at Wallinwood knows what she's doing. She was very helpful and had great advice! I highly recommend this venue to anyone in the area!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Maria · Married on 11/05/2015

Very pleased with the venue, service, and food.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Excellent arrangements for my small, simple but (to me) beautiful wedding! Leah Johnson was only a phone call away if I had a planning question. Willing to be a little elastic, i.e., if you want cloth table squares there was not a problem bringing in my own items. An 80 year old guest emailed me after the wedding while I was on my honeymoon. They said it best: "We enjoyed being at your splendid affair."

Sent on 10/28/2015

This was not a wedding reception. It was our 50 year high school class reunion, but the room was set up like it would be for a wedding reception. Wallinwood Springs Gold Club was a perfect venue. The food was fabulous! We were very pleased. Leah, the banquet coordinator, was great to work with.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Katie · event on 08/14/2015

We celebrated my dad's 60th birthday with a surprise party (with 50 guests) at Wallinwood. Everything, from the food to the attentive service was top notch! Leah, Kristen, Will and everyone that worked with us went out of their way to make sure our guests, and most importantly, my dad had everything they needed. I would recommended Wallinwood to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with great service and excellent food!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Bonnie · event on 06/25/2015

We were very pleased with everything! The service and Food was excellent! We will certainly be using them again for future events! Leah Johnson is Awesome!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Megan · Married on 10/11/2013

Dave was amazing, helped us every step of the way with the planning. It was a gorgeous venue and a perfect day. Very reasonable rates!

Sent on 11/14/2013

The food was excellent. Beautiful setting for a wedding. Planning by Leah (event planner) was done professionally.

Received good comments from the guests.

Sent on 08/16/2015
  • User4971910 · 2+ years ago

The staff was amazing! They made my day extra special. All of the staff worked hard to ensure that everything went perfect. The food was awesome as well.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Erin · Married on 07/19/2014

Wallinwood was a beautiful spot to have our reception at! Not only was it a picturesque place to take beautiful photos but the food and service done by David Shephard was phenomenal. I would highly recommend Wallinwood!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Wallinwood was a dream location for our summer wedding reception. It was such a beautiful venue and the staff were absolutely wonderful to work with. They were very reasonable and willing to negotiate. One of the best parts of our night was taking the six golf carts that were already prepped for the wedding party upon their arrival with drinks and gas ready to take a spin on the green. We had a blast and the food they offered was amazing! The chefs really know what they're doing and we were very pleased. They were helpful with all our questions and concerns and we would certainly recommend them as they came highly recommended to us. Thanks again!!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2012

This was the PERFECT venue!!! It provided a beautiful backdrop for pictures, AMAZING food, wonderful service and the staff was beyond accomodating!!!
    Thank you to Todd, David and all of the staff for how perfect and smooth our day went!!!

Sent on 03/04/2013

The grooms parents paid for the beverages for the reception and there were questions regarding the final bill. No what you are exactly paying for.

The wedding cake was cut into too large pieces so not everyone received cake and no one told me at the reception. Found out from relatives later. I order enough to serve ALL our guests.

The overall appearance of the building needs updating. Windows should be cleaned on a regular basis also. Things are starting to go downhill in my opinion. Hopefully no one but myself and the bride noticed most of the small details, but we were disappointed in some things.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Wallinwood Springs Golf Club's reply:

As always, I appreciate honest feedback about our service and appreciate the ability to respond. As stated in previous meetings with this customer, we do not provide cake making services. The customer had to purchase cake from an outside source. We cut the pieces into specific length and width which is a standard serving size. I would check with the cake service that you went with because they may have misinformed you on the amount that cake actually serves. As far as the bar plan, we had several conversations and with the groom's parents about the bar plan. Each time we talked they changed their minds about what they wanted and the amount they wanted to spend.When the plan was changed they were phoned or emailed to go over the details. If they were still unsure of what they were paying for they could have asked for more clarification. We like to be up front and honest with our customers. It's unfortunate that that they were unsure of what they were paying for because it could of been dealt with a simple conversation. Thank you for taking time to read our response. We will look at some of our other reviews to get a better picture of what we are all about!!

3.8
      3.0

really enjoyed having our wedding here and the food and service wa great. Just a little unorganized at times with the planning.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Sandra · Married on 09/12/2015

2.8
      2.0
      2.5
      3.5
      3.0

Wallinwood is a decent value for the money, however, you get what you pay for. The golf club is outdated, although I was told that they are finally doing some renovations in the winter of 2015/16. There were shutters missing on the outside of the building and we asked to have them replaced so pictures wouldn't look tacky. That never happened. The exterior of the building also needed paint, but apparently that wasn't in their budget. The food, however, was very good and the staff was decently friendly.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Wallinwood Springs Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are planning to do some renovations this winter (2015-2016). I am glad that you enjoyed the food. As stated in previous reviews we have great food and service. It surprises me that the service was only decent for you. We made the room available for you to set up two days prior to your wedding. We normally don't allow this. Staff was present and did all they could to make sure that everything went smoothly. Thank you for taking time to review this response.

Patricia · Married on 07/28/2012

2.2
      2.0
      1.0
      1.5

Wallinwood is a nice venue, but it is a GOLF COURSE. The building is setup to accommodate gollfers, and banquets are held in the area adjacent to the proshop and golf lounge, so be prepare for golfers to be there. There was a golf tournament schedule on the day of our wedding. The dressing rooms are really the golfers' locker rooms and have no air conditioning.

The hall is listed as 'big enough for 260', but I think any number over 160 would be pushing it. the dance floor takes up a large area which would be lost if the room was over-crowded.

Dave Shepherd is the only contact for Wallinwood banquets. He is a nice guy, but professionalism isn't his thing. He will meet you in his jeans-n-sneakers... fresh off the golf course. We had a really hard time getting him to return our calls and emails, and when we tried to contact anyone else, we were referred back to him.

We were never given a formal contract or documentation from Wallinwood. An emailed list of services is the only thing Dave ever sent. Since it had errors, we created our own detailed timeline of events for the wedding day. He never used ours, and his final list was never right. In the end it really didn't matter because our guests never knew of our difficulties.

The other staff at Wallinwood (bartenders and servers) were excellent. Our guests were well taken care of when it really mattered.

Dave is the chef as well as the banquet manager. He resisted letting us schedule a tasting, but when we insisted, we were so pleased with the food that we decided that all of the headaches were worth it.

The menu is limited, but what is available is delicious; REALLY delicious.

So if you are looking for a pretty setting and a low-priced venue, this is a nice place. As for the catering service, you would have to decide if little or no contact, scheduling confusion, and lack of professionalism is worth putting up with; in exchange for the low price, large portions and delicious food.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Wallinwood Springs Golf Club's reply:

We appreciate you taking time to review this response. Since this post we have had new management. We encourage you to look at our other reviews.