Walden Hall Reviews

39 Reviews for Walden Hall

• Kristen

Kristen S. · Married on 11/09/2019

Hallmark Movie Wedding Venue

If you want to feel like you're in a Hallmark movie on your wedding weekend you have to stay at Walden Hall! Seriously, a lot of family members and even guests who never saw the inside of the house said it as well. It was so amazing to stay the weekend with our families and bridal party in the most amazing, comforting, bed and breakfast! The staff was so friendly, every detail of the house was thought out and the breakfasts they served were amazing! The wedding venue itself is just beautiful, You don't need to add many decorations or flowers because of the natural beauty and set up of this venue.
    I'm so glad we choose Walden Hall as our wedding venue! And because it's a B&B we can go back for our anniversary!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Nancy

Nancy M. · Married on 10/12/2019

Gorgeous elegant countryside wedding venue

Walden Hall was the perfect backdrop to our wedding. The staff are amazing and place is just gorgeous. Plus, we had the space for the whole weekend allowing several of our family to stay with us for the weekend and we hosted our rehearsal dinner poolside the night before. Can’t recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 06/15/2019

Relaxing and fun!

We loved our wedding at Walden Hall! We selected the venue because of the entire weekend rental period. Instead of running around all weekend, everything was on site and simple. This took a lot of stress off of us, our families, and the bridal party.

The owners, Dave and Julie, are kind hearted and hard-working. They helped us throughout the weekend.

If you’re looking for somewhere to enjoy yourselves throughout your wedding weekend, this is your place.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Katie

Katie B. · Married on 05/03/2019

Hydrangea Blue Bridal Shower

Walden Hall was the best choice I could make with where to host my bridal shower! They hosted us in their Innkeeper's Suite which included a beautiful wood pallet wall, wood bar, full kitchen, and full bathroom. The team was phenomenal as they accommodated my matron of honor and bridesmaids with any needs they had. All around a beautiful space and wonderful accommodation for my bridal shower!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Victoria · Married on 11/12/2018

Forever Grateful!!!

Walden Hall saved out wedding! After a horrible fire at out first venue, W.H. took us under their wing! We had the most amazing day. Lindsay and her team are amazing. They think of every little detail. It has been over a month since our wedding, and I still relive daily justbhoe amazing W.H. was to us! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Megan

Megan M. · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolutely amazing

I truly felt like a celebrity! Staff was so nice and they treated you like family. It was an absolute dream come true. Thank you for everything Walden Hall!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Megan M. · Married on 11/10/2018

Best weekend of my life

Great stay! Great food! Beautiful house, I never wanted to leave! Our wedding was a fairytale & Lindsey & Eric made us feel like family! They were always smiling, they blended right in with our families & make incredible breakfasts lol. We had their helicopter experience during our cocktail hour (which was a surprise) and it was something I will remember for the rest of my life. Seeing our wedding from above was unreal then taking in the gorgeous sunset around Reva & the mountains was so serene. Cameron & I had a few minutes alone to take it all in. My family never has to chance to be in the same place, nor does Camerons and it meant so much to us to see my dad fishing with the guys, the moms having coffee & relaxing. My bridesmaids felt like royalty, they didn't have to lift a finger, they enjoyed breakfast & were pampered by hair & make up. Our planners took care of everything with Walden Hall to ensure everything was timely & exactly the way we dreamed. If you are looking at multiple venues as we were I cannot imagine you'll receive more hospitality anywhere else. We will be back next year for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary! Thank you Walden Hall!

Sent on 12/17/2018
  • Melanie

Melanie J. · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing service

My now husband knew that Walden Hall was the place for our wedding the first time I saw the bridal suite. My eyes teared up as I imagined getting ready with my family and friends on such a momentous day. Everything about Walden Hall is breathtaking from the view to the exquisite service from Lindsay, Eric, and Andi. Throughout the whole process Lindsay was there for us no matter what issue arose, she is a dream come true for someone who had no idea how to arrange/plan a wedding. Her calm and sweet demeanor makes her a perfect person for such a tough job. We rented the whole Hall for our wedding and stayed for the weekend. Everyone loved their rooms and complemented how friendly and helpful the staff were during their stay. Eric and Andi made such amazing breakfasts and took the time to make sure that the few people who had serious allergies were taken care of and received the correct plates. Andi even brought extra bacon to my fiancee and that definitely made his day. The day of the wedding Lindsay was such a great support system to help ensure everything was in place. Our wedding was mostly DIY and Lindsay helped us with finishing touches while I rushed around to get my hair and make up done. The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were perfect and I couldn't have wished for a more beautiful day. The barn looked amazing for the reception and the lights and drapes they added to the interior gave it such a enchanting feel to the whole evening. Once the sun set the barn did get cold, but Lindsay and the staff quickly closed the doors so our guests wouldn't get a chill. I honestly cannot express how much we appreciate all the work everyone at Walden put toward making our stay and wedding such a special event. We look forward to staying there in the future for every anniversary.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Bethd · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect in Every Way

We hosted our daughter's wedding at Walden Hall and there are not enough superlatives to describe our experience there. The owners and staff have thought of every detail to make Walden Hall the perfect place to have a wedding. The house is beautiful and comfortable, and being able to have the wedding party and the immediate families stay together for the whole weekend was so much more relaxing and fun than if we had stayed at hotels. Lindsay and Eric were a joy to work with during the planning stages and they and their staff did everything possible to make sure that we had everything we needed - including a gourmet breakfast on both days. On the wedding day, the girls got ready in the special suite created for just that purpose, including salon chairs and mirrors plenty of room to spread out, while the guys hung out in the lower level with plenty of things to keep them busy such as a media room, pool table, gym, kitchenette, etc. The ceremony by the pond with the rolling hills as a backdrop was breathtaking. Our guests had cocktails by the pool and then proceeded to the reception in the barn which was lit with candles, twinkle lights and flowing white curtains. There was more than enough room for our 100 guests, buffet and band. Choosing Walden Hall as the site for the wedding was absolutely the best decision we could have made. If you are thinking of having your wedding here, book it now before someone else gets your date!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Keri · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely perfect!! Best decision we made.

From the first time we drove up the driveway leading up to Walden Hall, I knew it was the perfect place for our October Wedding - and it absolutely was! Being able to spend the whole weekend with our immediate families and bridal party altogether made it so comfortable and special. Eric and Lindsay and the entire staff were so wonderful and truly have thought of everything! We got married on the front lawn with the sun shining off the pond, mountains in the background and cows mooing cheering us on as we walked down the aisle. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect setting and will cherish the entire day from enjoying coffee on the porch in the morning to the fairy lit barn for our reception. We look forward to being able to return to Walden Hall for our anniversaries in the future. Thank you for the magical memories Walden Hall!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2018

Can’t even begin to describe how absolutely perfect our wedding weekend was at Walden Hall. The staff go above and beyond at every turn and are an absolute dream to work with. Everything we requested in terms of layout and set-up was completely different from how they’ve ever done it before and not only did they pull it off perfectly, they did it with a smile and made us feel like everything we could imagine could be made possible. When we started our wedding venue search we saw at least a dozen places. None of them felt right. The second we stepped foot at Walden Hall we knew we found our wedding venue. The property is magical in every way - the outside is breathtaking and the level of thought that went into every detail of the house is out of this world. Everyone who stayed at the house for the weekend and all of our wedding guests commented on how incredible the space was - “like a postcard” so many people said. What they didn’t know (but what we did) is how special the staff is too. Leading up to the wedding they were so responsive and communicative and once the weekend got there they went out of their way to make us feel at home and put our minds at ease about the big day. They were like magicians working behind the scenes to make everything run perfectly without ever even being seen. It was unbelievable. If you are planning on getting married anywhere in the northern/central VA area, don’t look anywhere else. Imagine your dream wedding and then have it here - I promise it will be even better than you could dream it to be!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Niyati

Niyati · Married on 10/01/2018

No Place Like Home

We were first enchanted by Walden Hall when we visited for a long weekend getaway in April of this year. We were planning on getting married later in the year, but time was flying by way too fast and we hadn’t given it much thought. I remember the exact moment when we were sitting outside, enjoying the gorgeous view of Walden Pond… that’s when we started talking about how amazing it would be to get married there. Before we checked out, we inquired with Eric about having our wedding there. He directed us to Lindsay who gave us an impromptu and very enthusiastic grand tour of the space. After the tour, we were sure that this was the place!

Leading up to the wedding, Lindsay was wonderful at answering all of our questions. She was super responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. From the instant we checked in for the wedding to the very moment we checked out of Walden Hall, the staff was nothing short of amazing. They are the most gracious hosts and we literally felt right at home the entire time. Our families stayed with us at the house and they truly enjoyed their time spent there as we were all well taken care of every step of the way. Lindsay is just so warm and caring, always wears a huge, beautiful smile, and she wore so many hats during the event. During our couples portraits, she dabbled in photography, wrangled bugs out of the tulle of my wedding dress, and demonstrated the utmost expertise in handling an umbrella when it briefly rained. So, you could say she was an assistant photographer, bug wrangler, umbrella handler, and so much more. Eric was a more of a behind the scenes type of guy working to make sure everything ran smoothly and going into action quickly when we experienced a weather event. I know he also helped out with the delicious brunch us and our families experienced each morning of our stay. Andi was such a gracious host, kept the place absolutely spotless, and cooked up a darn good brunch. I so enjoyed chatting with her and I know our families loved talking to her each morning. She always greeted us with a huge smile and made us feel right at home! We cannot wait to go back and see them all again!

We had two ceremonies and experienced a full range of weather during our time there. The first day was gorgeous, bright, and sunny. What I didn’t know is that, apparently, bugs (crickets, lady bugs, grasshopper, etc.) love tulle! I had no idea that they would all find a home in my dress, but not to worry as Lindsay came to the rescue with her bug wrangling skills. She had this covered! The second day started off sunny, but we happened to experience a few rain showers right at the time of our ceremony. We thought the showers would pass through based on a weather app we were consulting; however, the timing was just not right and we ended up having our second ceremony in the barn, which by the way, ended up being so beautiful and intimate. While we were deciding whether or not to wait for the rain to pass through or move to Plan B in the barn, I personally witnessed Eric and Lindsay wiping off chairs three times and helping move the heavy four post iron arbor/arch to the barn. I saw all of this while in the comfort of the gorgeous bridal suite knowing that no matter what the outcome, they wanted the best ceremony for us. The silver lining and what made the rain all worth it is the beautiful rainbow we saw outside after the ceremony was over. Our photographer and videographer were able to capture a few couples portraits in front of the rainbow and we had a gorgeous sunset after too. So, it doesn’t really matter what weather you may experience on your wedding day, you can rest assured that Walden Hall has you covered and your ceremony will be gorgeous and beautiful.

With Walden Hall, you check in and have an entire, amazing wedding experience versus other venues where you may only rent for a few hours during the ceremony and reception. If you are looking for the perfect place to get married, somewhere where you can check in, relax, unwind, and have a beautiful wedding ceremony, then look no further!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Megan · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect Venue!

From the moment we drove up to Walden Hall for our tour, we knew that this was the place we were going to get married. Then we went on a tour and saw the beautiful house and barn and were completely sold! Walden Hall is a truly magical place. What truly sets it apart are the many sites throughout the property. We got married on a Saturday and stayed at the property Friday through Sunday. Because we had a lot of family from out of town traveling in for the wedding, we elected to have a larger, more casual, rehearsal dinner at Walden Hall. The pool area was the perfect site for that. We had BBQ and also got kegs of beer delivered from Walden’s sister property, Bald Top Brewery. We had our ceremony in the garden area next to the house, which enabled for more intimate setting. We then had cocktail area in the front lawn and porch area. Finally, our reception was in the barn. It was so great to be able to utilize all that Walden has to offer. Another great thing about the venue are the many areas to get ready. We had the ladies get ready in the bridal suite, while the men were in the club room. The club room is every guy’s dream- pool table, movie theater, air hockey, and an arcade!

Walden is so beautiful on its own that you really don’t need to do much in terms of decorations. Lindsay and Eric were so great throughout the weekend and helped the other vendors execute our dream. During the wedding and after, we had so many guests remark about what a beautiful place it was. We had the most perfect day and cannot recommend Walden or its team enough! Thank you!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 09/15/2018

We randomly booked a stay at Walden Hall, never knowing it would later be the perfect venue for our just held wedding. Bless the Gods! Our vision was the perfect Autumn Virginia Wedding, held with the Ceremony on the Lawn, Reception in the Garden and later the beautiful Pool Area for late night family and friends. We were fortunate enough to be able to reserve the entire site for the weekend - highly recommended. However, as plans go, Hurricane Florence decided to invite herself and we faced major adjustments with two days left. Eric, the General Manager, and Lindsay, Walden Event Planner, corralled our vendors and formed an unbeatable and creative "think tank" to revisit every aspect of the day. Walden has the "Barn" in the classical sense, but thoughtfully decorated to nurture and personalize every event and it worked it's magic. We hold dear one image of our guests, eating, dancing and loving while the rain poured outside, almost tactile through the open barn doors, nestling us into being with one another, a perfect wedding moment. Trust your special day to the fully committed talents of Eric and Lindsay, choose well your caterer - one that will value their insights and creativity - and look forward to a life of oft relived memories. I know we will.
    Daniel and Linda

Sent on 09/18/2018

Melinda · Married on 08/11/2018

We were so incredibly grateful to have found Walden Hall and to have had our wedding at such a gorgeous venue. We had a very small wedding (only 14 of us total!) and rented out the entire bed & breakfast for several days. This gave us the opportunity to soak up all of the glory that Walden Hall had to offer; beautiful scenery, salt water pool, game room, movie night in the theater, BBQ’s, relaxing on the wrap-around porch, fishing, etc. Not to mention, the impeccable tasty breakfasts served every morning. I could go on for days about how much we enjoyed this venue, but I’ll keep it to a minimum for the review. :) Lindsay, the event manager, was an amazing lifesaver in this entire wedding process, continually helping out from big to small details; always lending a helping hand whenever she could. We can’t speak highly enough of the staff at Walden Hall. They have remarkable hospitality, friendly demeanor, and ultimately ended up becoming our friends by the end of the weekend! Thank you for creating such a warm, inviting, lovely atmosphere for us to have our wedding; we are beyond appreciative and hope to visit here soon again! We would, without a doubt, highly recommend Walden Hall to anyone searching for a beautiful countryside wedding; you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Adia · Married on 07/21/2018

This venue is absolutely AMAZING! I could not imagine a more beautiful venue to have my wedding. We had the venue for the whole weekend, and it was perfect. Having family all there made the wedding stress free. The rehearsal dinner around the pool was fantastic. The actual wedding was breath taking. Walden Hall’s property is gorgeous!! We got so many compliments!! The team at Walden Hall are dedicated to making your day incredibly special. Lindsay was absolutely a wonderful help and I cannot speak highly enough of her. Will definitely be returning in the future!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Marissa · Married on 05/12/2018

Walden Hall is the perfect place to have any event or just have a one night stay. I had my wedding here and Walden Hall staff truly made it the best weekend of our lives. We had the entire house and pool house for the weekend; definitely worth it!!!! They even have fishing poles for the pond!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Tiffany · Married on 10/20/2017

We had the best wedding that we could have dreamed of and it is all thanks to Eric and his staff at Walden Hall. He was with us every step of the planning process and was so accommodating to what we needed and wanted. Leading up to the day he was always on top of his game. On the day of our wedding he was awesome! He worked well with our day of coordinator and the vendors. Everything went off without a hiccup! I mean he even made the sky clear up so we could have the waterfront wedding that we had always envisioned! :) The accommodations on site were top notch! I would recommend this venue and quality of service to anyone looking to get married in the beautiful wine country of Virginia!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Perry · Married on 10/07/2017

My daughter got married there and I was very hopeful she would have the wedding she's dreamed of. You made her wedding day everything she wanted and then some. The accommodations for the wedding party made it extra special so they could all hang out together before and after the ceremony.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Kara · Married on 09/30/2017

Walden Hall is an amazing venue with totally over the top service and offerings! Our wedding could not have been as special anywhere else! It's tough to find people who care as much about your wedding as you do, but not With Walden Hall. The entire property in gorgeous and we were able to enjoy everything it had to offer for three days! We had our rehearsal dinner by the pool and eric brought in massage therapists and a renowned private chef to make the other days as relaxing as possible. The brunch on Sunday was one of the best I have ever experienced! Our guests are already booking their own getaways at Walden Hall for the winter and Spring.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2017

Awesome venue! Doesn't need a lot of decoration because it is really pretty on its own. The garden, the cocktail hour pool patio and the reception hall are awesome! The package also includes tables, chairs and use of the huge estate home We worked with Eric and he was the best. He answered my million questions over email super quick and was there the day of to make sure everything went smoothly. I would really recommend this venue, especially if you are looking for a luxurious venue with a rustic touch. Parking was also not an issue, there is parking on-site but we went with Eric's recommendation and set up a shuttle service to Culpeper for most of our guests. This place is the best!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Emily · Married on 09/25/2017

I cannot express how absolutely flawless my wedding day was at Walden Hall. The owners were very accommodating, flexible, organized, prompt and easy to contact with any questions or concerns with swift responses and helpful solutions. The way they provide a venue coordinator in the package makes ALL the difference. I literally had ZERO stress. The usual wedding concerns were none of mine. A Plan B for weather? They have options for indoor and outdoor ceremonies, so no need to worry about the weather. Decor? Forget spending an arm and a leg on crafts store wedding decor that you'll never be able to reuse, as the entire venue, in the barn and outside it, are Pinterest-chic; designed in a rustic, antique style from floor to ceiling. Food? Instead of hunting down every catering company, they have a list of preferred caterers to choose from, all of which are reasonable. We had brunch food and my goodness, it was perfect. Every tour and visit went swimmingly. They didn't rush us, and let us explore and ask questions. Eric checked in via email on my personal booking progress to make sure everything was going okay. Overall, everything was perfect. Everyone had a blast. This was honestly the first and the last venue we looked at; we were sold immediately by its charm. I'm not being bias when I say it was the best wedding ever thanks to Walden Hall!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Carla · Married on 09/19/2017

My daughter just had her wedding at Walden Hall for an outdoor ceremony and barn reception in September. The entire experience from the first walkthrough with Eric to the farewell brunch was flawless. It did end up raining for the ceremony and the staff had plan b set in 5 minutes flat. They moved all of us into the reception venue and it was the most beautiful ceremony I have ever attended. They were able to keep the large doors to the barn open and preserve the beautiful view across the lake and mountains. The staff were with us every step of the way. They were all pleasant, courteous and extremely helpful. The afterparty was moved from the pool patio to the “Club” and it was a spectacular party indeed! The entire bridal party stayed there all weekend and the rooms and amenities were top notch. They were able to add on spa services and extras last minute! We tried to add on a third night to our stay but unfortunately they were fully booked. :( There is no reason to look anywhere else to have your wedding. If I could give the Walden Hall 10 stars, I would as they deserve it. Bravo to the Staff and all involved in making my daughters wedding pure perfection. I would say this venue radiates class, charm and elegance with a rustic flair. They are the very best. (Tip, book additional nights way in advance! You will want to stay longer!)

Sent on 09/25/2017

Janice · Married on 09/06/2017

Walden Hall is truly a wonderful venue for a dreamy wine country wedding! Everything about this place, screams southern hospitality and charm. The property is very private there are hundreds if not thousands of acres of open space surrounding the place so you know that other events or any noise will not be going on in the near vicinity. The estate is available to you all weekend long with the package we chose and myself/bridesmaids got ready there all afternoon, sipped mimosas and overlooked the decorating/flower arrangement/cake setting throughout the day. My husband and the groomsmen hung out by the pool and in the “Club”T(their gigantic man cave/dream entertainment center) and even spent some time at a nearby brewery (that Walden Hall owns). The property has amazing air conditioning in the main house and we rented an air conditioning unit for the banquet barn (that Eric flawlessly set up had running during the reception). They have a large outdoor pool patio with seating that provides additional covered space for a cocktail hour. They also added a nice new luxury bathroom behind the barn for guests to use. We had a reception for 170 guests and rented a tent for additional coverage in case of rain, but had more than enough covered space just in case the weather didn't cooperate (which it did :)). This is a an amazing place and I highly recommend this venue to all brides looking for a venue in the D.C. / Charlottesville area. It is located an hour outside of the D.C. metro area and it is worth the drive. There is so much to do in the area that we plan to come back as a family every year and rent out the entire estate! This place is a must see!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Patricia · Married on 09/02/2017

My fiance and I had stayed at Walden Hall for the weekend a couple of times while we were dating. As soon as became engaged, I knew exactly where I wanted to be married. We had a small intimate wedding with just family and a few close friends and it couldn't have been more perfect. It rained so we had to move the ceremony to the porch but again it was a magical day. Eric was so accommodating and helpful with the set up as well as the entire weekend we were there. The event barn is beautiful and was perfect for an evening of dining and dancing. Walden Hall is a beautiful place and we love it even more now! I would certainly recommend this place for a wedding, an event or just a quick getaway.

Sent on 09/15/2017