Wai Lam Photography Reviews

Wai Lam Photography 4
Wai Lam Photography 5
  • Shirley

Shirley Shum · Married on 10/20/2019

Perfect wedding photographer (considerate and attentive)

Wai is an outstanding photographer who is detail oriented and listens to your requests 100% of the time. He is the perfect, perfect wedding photographer!

He was so courteous to both the other vendors and wedding guests. Also, he is trilingual which helped my Chinese guests. And he spoke some Korean to make our Korean guests laugh!! He keeps it lighthearted, fun, and professional!

Also, even though it was beginning to rain a lot on my wedding day, he still brought out all his equipment to take our photos in the rain -- and most of all, they came out beautifully!

He really puts his heart into editing and choose the right angles to make our wedding photos picture perfect. Every single person I showed the photos to said they were absolutely gorgeous. They even asked for his name so I have been recommending him to everyone.

I am probably going to ask him if he could help us retake some post wedding photos with traditional Korean wedding attire at some point later on!

Also, he was extremely, extremely reasonable in terms of cost. I couldnt be happier knowing that my photos came out perfect because of him!

I don't usually write many reviews but he was more than I could ever ask for. He was timely, responsive to emails and phone calls. Highly recommend!!!

Wai Lam Photography 6
    Wai Lam Photography 14
    Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Ruchu

Ruchu Tan · Married on 06/01/2019

Exquisite service & attention to detail. AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHY!

I can't recommend Wai enough! He and his team went above and beyond for my NYC wedding. We booked an engagement shoot with Wai on a cold weekend in February for a shoot in Central Park. We had a lot of fun and the pictures had us blown away! They turned out amazing. My now wife and and I are not tall, but yet we looked tall and our poses were very natural with the directions given from Wai. We looked GREAT!

Between the engagement shoot and our big day in June. Wai and I chatted back and forth about the events of the wedding and he even helped me find a makeup artist for the bride and bridesmaid. We also ended up having a second shooter from Wai's team.

Fast forward to to our big day on June 1st. The entire photo process was very smooth. The makeup artist, Wai and his assistant photographer arrived on time and started working right away. The photographers made all the wedding party members comfortable and all had fun shooting with them. We had the ceremony at the Brooklyn Bridge Park and the photos came out amazing! The view and atmosphere was perfect! After the ceremony, we took some photos on Washington street near the Manhattan bridge underpass. Wai and his assistant capture some great candid shots of the wedding party getting ice cream.

At the reception, Wai and his assistant worked tirelessly snapping photos of the guests, festivities, and of course the dancing! After the wedding it took less than three weeks to receive our photos. Over 500 photos were edited and I provided Wai with a hard drive to save all shots. In total over 1500 photos were given!

The edited photos look great on screen and I already printed a few and they are very sharp. The color editing of the photos were well done. Composition of the shots were well thought-out and the care taken to edit them to bring out that pop is top notch! Nothing too saturated and skin tones look great. We get compliments in the photos from everyone who has seen them!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Wai and his team!

Wai Lam Photography 15
    Wai Lam Photography 20
    Sent on 07/01/2019

Steven Tsai · Married on 11/02/2019

Very good Photographer

Wai was very professional, arrived on time and helped us though out our wedding. The quality of photos were very good and the process was pleasant and fun. I highly recommend him!
    -Steven and Feby

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Brian

Brian Joergens · Married on 05/18/2019

Got smiles out of a very serious family.

We had our wedding at Queens Botanical Garden and a reception in downtown Flushing. Wai worked tirelessly at both venues to get us the best pictures. He also worked within our budget and was flexible to get the shots we wanted spontaneously during the events.
    Thank you Wai! The photos are beautiful . And you were able to pull a few smiles from my very serious family. Thanks again!

Wai Lam Photography 21