W-Limo Reviews

125 | Arlington Heights, IL

125 Reviews for W-Limo

Mary · Married on 11/04/2017

I was so excited to book W-Limo! The vehicles they have are awesome and I cannot wait for my big day!!

Sent on 03/09/2017

W-Limo's reply:

Hi, Thank you for giving us such great feedback about the appearance of our vehicles! We strive to keep our vehicles spotless and well-maintained, and it’s great to hear our work is appreciated. We’re looking forward to transporting you and your group!

Holly · Married on 06/18/2016

3.5

We just needed two short limo rides to the wedding venue (one for the guys, one for the girls). I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find a vendor that would do this at a reasonable rate. W-Limo came to the rescue and was able to accommodate exactly this. The limo for the groomsmen was a little late picking them up, but it was not a huge setback. Overall, I was impressed with the booking process and smooth communication. I recommend W-Limo!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Andy · Married on 09/18/2015

3.5

I chose W-Limo for my wedding after several weeks of research based on reviews, ratings, pricing, and the customer service I experience. I worked with Vince on setting up the type of ride/experience that I wanted. The price I was quoted, was the price that I paid. Our driver showed up early, took care of our baggage and delivered us safely to our destination in pouring rain so strong, I don't know how he saw anything in front of him. The only small negative that comes to mind is our driver being very impatient as we were running behind. He did make an additional stop for us and was very courteous in his service. The vehicle itself was very clean and comfortable. I will definitely consider utilizing W-Limo's services in the future.

Sent on 04/23/2016
  • User4197612 · event on 06/07/2014

...…...................................….……….................

Sent on 06/24/2014

Peter · Married on 09/07/2013

W-Limo was great from the very beginning. Micah gave me all the information about their services (pressure free) before we had even made a decision on who to go with. He was friendly and informative and reassured us of the specific times the drive would be at the different locations we needed him at. On to the actual day of service our driver was extremely professional and friendly and made every effort to accommodate us on our big day. W-limo is a truly professional organization and doesn't just look at the next customer as another number. I would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 09/21/2013

Jennie · Married on 08/04/2012

veru happy with the service. Guys are very professional and responsive. Pricing is competitive. Driver was professional. 4.7 overall

Sent on 08/10/2012

Natalie · Married on 08/15/2009

My husband’s best man recommended W-Limo to us and he was right. We got an awesome service, vehicle and a price. And the best part was there was this one guy who looked after my needs from day one till the last minute. Top notch!

Sent on 04/04/2010

Sean · Married on 04/12/2014

Sean, the marketing manager, had great communication and kept me in the loop the whole way. Daniel, our driver, was fantastic. He was very kind and helpful throughout the entire day. He did everything we asked with a smile. I would definitely recommend W Limo.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Chris · Married on 02/02/2013

Driver was very courteous and prompt. We enjoyed our ride and when we asked to make a quick pit stop and choose our destinations on the fly, we were told "no problem".

I'm very satisfied with our experience

Sent on 02/28/2013

Dave · Married on 07/18/2009

3.5

My wife and I had gone through and called dozens of Limo companies in Chicago. These guys struck as different the very first time I called - were friendly, professional and always got back to us promptly. we got a great price and an exceptional service on our wedding day. We had the vehicle that was promised to us, a very professional chauffeur and a red carpet service. Awesome! I'll recommend W-Limo to any couple getting married

Dave and Rushkini

Sent on 03/29/2010

Damilola · Married on 06/15/2013

W-Limo was great! Sean was the go-to man at W-Limo. He was able to answer all questions, and he was very responsive to my emails. He demonstrated the utmost professionalism. And most importantly, the limousines arrived on time to pick us up. The limos also got us to our destinations on time.

I highly recommend W-Limo!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Barbara · Married on 04/25/2015

4.2
      3.5

We used W-Limo for our wedding and had three different drivers for transportation. The first one arrived to my hotel on time to pick up me and my bridal party and take us to the ceremony. It was a rainy day and he even had an umbrella handy and was very friendly and helpful :)

We had a less satisfactory experience with the second driver who was 10-15 minutes late picking us up from the ceremony to take us to our photo locations. One of our groomsmen called to get a status on his location and was told that he was running late because of the rain, although at the point it hadn't rained in over an hour. He took us to two different locations with no problem, but there was a disappointing incident as he drove us to the reception venue. Our venue was located on a busy boulevard and he seemed to have trouble finding a way to get on the main street. He asked me and the groom where to go and we told him on the other side of the street, and he responded by saying that that's not what his directions said. I thought it was a little unprofessional for him to be arguing this point at that moment, especially when we could see the venue and as the driver I think it would be his job to find a way to get there. A minor incident, but I will admit it got us a little frustrated at a time when we didn't want to have to deal with it.

The last driver picked us up on time to take us from the venue to our hotel and like the first one, he was very courteous and professional. I thought he did a great job :)

Overall, a good experience - I guess it just depends on what driver you get and what's going on that day.

Sent on 05/05/2015

4.2

Overall, we were satisfied with W Limo. They hit the mark on the most important elements--easy to set everything up, on time, nice and clean vehicle, knew what they were doing, professional, etc. All of that was great.

We also have to give W Limo major credit for one incident. Our Maid of Honor forgot her purse on the bus when we got to the reception downtown, and by the time she realized it, our driver was already on the expressway back to Des Plaines. He (or someone) made a special trip back later that night to return the purse, and we can’t thank them enough for that!

Our one complaint is that our driver refused to take Lake Shore on the “no trucks” portion south of the Michigan exit, saying that the shuttle bus counted as a truck. That was news to us because we’ve seen plenty of buses on that stretch of LSD. We trust that the driver/W Limo were accurate about it, but we wish we knew that in advance. W Limo knew the locations we planned to go well before that day, and it wouldn’t have taken much to let us know about that issue. The traffic on the local streets we had to take instead was heavy and prevented us from getting to Museum Campus, where we hoped to take pictures. We found an alternative site, so it wasn’t a huge deal, but definitely frustrating. We probably should have just been more thorough in discussing our plans with them in advance. Live and learn.

So as I said, we were satisfied overall. We’d use them again, and we’d recommend them to others as well!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Diana · Married on 06/29/2012

2.5

We won a Lottery through W-Limo which provided us with FREE transportation for our entire wedding party!!! It was such a blessing to receive such a generous gift in the midst of all of our other wedding expenses. W-Limo also upgraded us to a bigger vehicle the morning of the wedding, which better accommodated our party. We appreciate that they allowed us to bring our own drinks and music to enjoy during our ride. The only down side was that the Limo was about 15-20 minutes late picking us up after the ceremony. We had a tight schedule between the ceremony and reception, and the delay made our picture taking feel more rushed than we anticipated. I would recommend W-Limo for whatever special occasion you may have!

Sent on 02/22/2013

vik · Married on 06/01/2013

2.5

The driver was a little rude and stand-offish. The limo was on time and clean.

Sent on 06/14/2013

Christine · Married on 05/13/2017

3.5

The driver took us through side streets which was fine, but the side streets were not the ones that I would have taken. We took 15 minutes longer to get where we needed to go. When we did get to the reception he turned into the apartment complex next store, I know an honest mistake, but at that time were were a little late and getting frustrated. The stereo system took a while to figure out how to use and the limo didn't seem to have enough air vents for air conditioning. My bridesmaids were sweating while just sitting there. The driver himself was really nice and there was champagne.

Sent on 05/23/2017

1.5

I used W-Limo for my wedding. Dealing with Micah was great! He was very responsive and flexible when I made changes to my schedule (pick up and drop off times) and was very polite and courteous. The day of the wedding, the driver was to pick up the groomsmen first and drop them off at the church, then come back to pick me and my bridesmaids up to take us to the same place. From what I was told by my husband, the limo driver did not know how to get to the church so he and his groomsmen had to GPS directions on their cellphones and call out directions to the driver. They were supposed to have been dropped off in time for the limo to pick me and my bridesmaids up at 2pm (less than 30 minutes round trip) but he was nearly 25 minutes late which caused me a to panic and almost miss my own wedding. The driver could use some work. Micah and staff were great. I also had in my contract to have "campaign and refreshments, decorations and red carpet weather permitting" which I didn't receive in 70 degree weather.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Oh Kristine,
    It seems there is massive misunderstanding. Drinks (including champagne) were in two coolers inside the limo. When driver called to inform that he’s clear he mentioned that you didn’t take a sip of anything. He also said that the groom and photographer asked him about champagne before they left hotel and driver told them it’s in the limo ready for after the ceremony. Did any of you check coolers?
    I just spoke with him and indeed he said he didn’t notice the church (because of “specific” architecture) but guys reacted immediately and he stopped so he lost no more than 3 minutes, left them there and drove back right away. But they left hotel later than it was scheduled because guys weren’t ready. Also round trip hotel/church takes at least 40min because of the traffic (lights).
    Of course we’re really sorry for this misunderstanding.

michelle · Married on 08/25/2017

3.4
      3.0

I hired W-Limo for two vehicles for my wedding: a limo for the wedding party to be transported from our photos beforehand to the venue. I also ordered a small bus to safely transport our guests to and from their hotel. I confirmed everything the day before, and had GREAT customer service up until then. On the day of the wedding, our limo did not have the champagne, ice and water we were told we would have (we only had warm water bottles). This is minimal, but I was a little disappointed. Then in the limo on the way to the venue, I got a call from the drive of the guest transportation telling me he was at the hotel and waiting for me. I made it clear the day before that this second vehicle would be to transport guests ONLY, and I know I was the point of contact, but this should have been better communicated to the driver. He in turn left 15 min later from the hotel than the time I had confirmed the day before, and we had to start the ceremony slightly later to wait for our guests to arrive. Was disappointed.

Sent on 09/22/2017
  • Matt

Matt · Married on 06/29/2013

3.2
      3.0

It was a mixed experience with W Limo. The day of the wedding, the limo was late in picking myself and my groomsmen up. Then, he went and picked up my wife and her bridesmaids. They were having problems turning lights off in the limo, and the driver did not respond to them to help. He also didn't help them out of the car. We also had W Limo to pick us up and drive us the airport for our honeymoon and then drive us home at the end of the trip. This was a great convenience, and the drivers were great in this aspect.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Jill · Married on 09/08/2012

2.6
      2.0

They were a good price at first. I ordered a stretch SUV for the day of my wedding, we only needed it to drive us to take pictures. Limo was on time but there were certain amenities that were supposed to be included in my package that were not really. Such as, there was supposed to be water and alcohol. If you call a couple tiny bottles of warm water, warm champagne and warm beer what was included though! None of it was even in the fridge, it was sitting in the front seat. It was quite warm outside and there was 14 of us! Then we went over on our time by about 20-30 minutes and got charged like $200! That is basically half what I paid for 2 hours! So I guess ya get what you pay for....it wasn't terrible but it wasn't a great experience.

Sent on 03/21/2013

Lucia · Married on 10/17/2015

1.6
      1.5
      2.0

First of all, we went with W-limo for our wedding day as they had stellar pricing. Also, Sean was very helpful and accommodating through email. The limo driver was thirty minutes late picking us up for the ceremony (from The Wigwam to Saint Mary's Basilica). We had contracted him for four hours, however, when we began running behind schedule (because he was late and also because our photographers wanted to take pictures) we became a complete nuance to him. He smoked like a train waiting for us and told us we were now running on over time. He was not friendly nor did I get the feeling that he truly cared about giving us the best possible service on our wedding day. I even asked him, "Are you on a time schedule? Are we infringing plans of yours?" He a chauffeured us home and left the back window down the entire time. He tipped him, but I would have never gone with them had I known we would have had this experience. Sean reached out via email to ask us about our experience so I told him, but he never responded nor acknowledged our unsatisfactory experience. He got his money so that's all that matters to him I suppose. I am disappointed with our overall experience, and I wish we would have chosen a different company for our special day.

Sent on 11/14/2015

1.6
      2.0

The driver went to the wrong location and ended up picking the wedding party up 45 min late. This threw off our entire schedule for pictures and preparation. After the ceremony he proceeded to get pulled over by the police for running a red light. Would definitely not recommend using them. The only redeemable quality is the manager, Micah, for helping us with the cost after the wedding since we didn't feel like we received adequate service he gave us a discount.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Alger · Married on 06/18/2016

1.4
      0.5

We paid for the wedding package. We never got the decorations, beer, pop, water, and working DVD player we were promised. We brought our own cooler (when we boarded, not along the way), and listened to music off my groomsman's phone. We crammed in 16 people on a bus we were told would fit 24 comfortably.
    We took pictures in the city, but the main priority was getting to the reception by 6. The driver was aware of this, as one of my groomsman and I had told him.
    We had to leave for the reception by 4:55 to make it on time, FACTORING IN TRAFFIC. I informed our driver as we got off the bus. He told me there was no room to park and he would circle the block and pick us up at a designated spot. We got done with pictures by 4:45 and waited at Wacker/Wabash, where we see OPEN SPOTS and other buses waiting! We see our bus DRIVE BY WITHOUT STOPPING TO PICK US UP! After 20mins of being harassed by street performers and panhandlers and seeing several buses come and go, we finally get a hold of the driver who shows up 10 minutes later. We get to our reception a half hour late, instead of 10 minutes early like we planned.
    The following Monday, as we're getting ready to leave for our honeymoon, I received a call saying we would be charged overtime since we got to the reception late. I explained what happened to Tom. I was told that because of the beer and the DVD player, we wouldn't be charged for the overtime. We were promised one thing and got nothing. What was supposed to be the most relaxing part of the day, turned out to be the most stressful. Everything may seem great up front, but I would highly recommend not going with them because of the bait and switch tactics we experienced on our wedding day when it was too late for us to change anything.
    ***7/15/16 They told me to remove this review yesterday or they would charge me $250 for the overtime. It seems blackmail is why an "overwhelming majority of our clients will attest to a wonderful service".

Sent on 07/14/2016

W-Limo's reply:

Dear Alger, with all due respect everything that you were promised you did receive, there was no bait and switch (even if we did switch the vehicle due to mechanical reasons {which we didn't} we do hold the right in our contract to do so in order to fulfill our obligations to our clients). You choose to bring you own cooler on the bus and stop for more alcohol along the way again adding to the overall time. All our beer and champagne was consumed by your party. We do not know how or why you felt crammed in a 24 passenger vehicle with only 16 people. Now it is not our drivers responsibility to rush you along so you reach your reception on time as you obviously weren't accounting for traffic in downtown Chicago on a Saturday afternoon. That is a matter of organization from your side, we only provide the transportation. There simply was nowhere to park at that time at Wabash and Wacker as it is easier for my driver also to park and wait, therefore just because you saw other buses waiting doesn't mean there was any room for our bus to join them. If you are running late for whatever the reason we will try to accommodate you to a degree where we aren't breaking any traffic laws by double parking or speeding to get to your reception. There was an hour of overtime that we agreed not to charge you for because of the DVD player "not working" which was never fixed as it was/is working fine (maybe a case of asking the driver for some operational help). I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us as the overwhelming majority of our clients will attest to a wonderful service. As with anything else we can only do our best.

0.4
      0.0

Do not use this Limo service for your wedding party unless you want to use a dirty limo with used, unclean, dirty glasses (I mean orange juice still in the glasses from previous party) for your wedding day.

Sent on 09/18/2013

0.0

They ruined our wedding day.

I hired a limo to take guests to the wedding ceremony and then to a photo shoot location and then to the reception and then home. Here is what went wrong...

Despite giving them exact GPS coordinates, the incompetent limo driver took 68 minutes to travel 3.4 miles for the photo shoot. He went to the wrong place. He just waited there with guests. It took a guest to call me to ask if he was at the right place. I went in another car to the place after the limo had left and texted the driver the exact location and talked to him about how to get to where he needed.

In their contract, they said there would be champagne - there wasn't.

They parked in the worst place possible every time. At my apartment, they parked on the road out of sight. We have a car park for the apartment buildings. The idiot limo driver walked across to my apartment building cutting across people's lawns.

We were told that the limo could take baby seats. It was too deep for ours despite it being adjustable and a good one.

Limo driver parked in the most inconvenient places. They overcharged for the evening contract and they changed their billing despite the mutual agreement beforehand. I don't have enough room to write full details in here - look on yelp or google for this review with more information.

Don't use W-Limo for your wedding. They don't care about you.

Sent on 12/27/2013

W-Limo's reply:

There was no complaint about the vehicle. Complaints were about the driver only.
    On the other hand, the driver is actually very polite and considerate. Our driver is careful to know what his priorities are (one of which is safety for the passengers and other people on the road) and does not pay too much attention to trivial details that could interfere. For example when he parked the limo across the street on the school parking lot, it was to not block the traffic. It was because there was no parking spot available in front of the building. Safety is our priority. We cannot park where there is no parking and we must consider other drivers on the road as well.
    Our driver followed the directions to the "Forest Preserve parking lot" that were given to him. If the 3.4 miles actually took 68 minutes, why were the passengers not alarmed? Why did no one speak up? If the passengers knew that the driver was lost as they claim, why would they not attempt to correct the driver?
    As for the baby seat, it should be U.S. regulated. Our Lincoln Town Car is regulated in the same way and should have been compatible. The driver will never be responsible for someone's baby car seat. That is the parent's responsibility. If the parent doesn't know how to secure the car seat, then he/she needs to address the problem on his/her own.

It was impossible to take any steps, because we had not received a single call from anyone in the bridal party. We can support this with the statement of incoming calls and recording calls on that particular day. When the day ended, we got the call from the driver stating everything was OK.
    After all, Mr. Greame used the service for 5 hours and was not happy with the service. He didn't call to make sure we could send another driver for the late night pickup. He intentionally used an extra hour and 45 minutes of service that night, knowing that he will request a full refund three days later.