VP Consulting Event Design Reviews

34 | Centreville, VA

34 Reviews for VP Consulting Event Design

Kate · Married on 05/02/2015

Virginia Perry is the best planner in the DC market. She is detailed oriented, patient, always has a smile no matter what curve ball is thrown her way including on the day of the wedding. She enhanced our vision after our first scheduled meeting at the venue to our last meeting. She made our wedding a dream from start to finished product. She made our one of a kind centerpieces from scratch and everyone wanted one at the end. Our wedding wouldn't have been perfect without her expertise and her intern Diana. The best photos were the surprise pictures with our rings, favors, flowers, and centerpieces. We were truly blessed.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Shawn · Married on 10/26/2014

I've worked in the wedding industry for a couple years and there was no one I've worked with that even compares. She was the only planner I considered for my wedding she was an absolute god send. Not only did she take our event to the next level she handled the conflicts that came up with our vendors with such professionalism we were so worried that our day would be ruined but with her help it was flawless.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Pat · Married on 10/25/2014

I am delighted to recommend Virginia as an event planner to people who want a special event to be spectacular. My son and daughter-in-law's wedding was wonderful. Virginia listened to their vision and ideas and helped them create a unique event, adding her own creativity and energy to develop the theme with specially designed decorations, coordinated lighting, table setting, helping with food choices and many details that enhanced the day for everyone. Over and over, our guests exclaimed about how wonderful this wedding was, and that they will be talking about it for years to come. And then, when there were unexpected challenges at the last minute, Virginia stepped in and resolved the challenges. We are so glad to have had her working with us for a fairy tale wedding.

Sent on 01/21/2015
  • Y

Yasamin · event on: 10/26/2013

We had a great Octoberfest. the decorations were wonderful. The DJ was great - I think it was the first time people were dancing my living room. Using Gin made it so easy.

Sent on 03/31/2014

Lindsay · Married on 10/05/2013

I Hired Virginia from VP Consulting for my Day - of Coordinator for my wedding.
    Virginia is creative, patient, energetic, and is an amazing multi-tasker with a sincere desire to be a trusted adviser to her clients.
    We are very simple, so I didn't need much. It was so nice to be able to hire someone for just the day and not spend thousands of dollars.
    Virginia only charged $500 for the day of and dress rehearsal. She made sure everything went according to my plans. She was the perfect touch I needed to make sure I could enjoy my wedding and not run around guiding vendors and guests to their places.
    I would advise ANYONE to hire VP Consulting for a Day- of - Coordinator. It is worth every penny to have a professional to ensure the details are just right. And I got to spend more time with my family, with no one worrying about anything. I have to say not one thing went wrong, because Virginia was there and was on top of EVERY little detail.
    I WILL hire her for my Baby shower soon! :)

Sent on 05/17/2014

Virginia did an absolutely amazing job on the Brownell Wedding! The wedding was truly beautiful and Virginia made sure Barbara and Dennis enjoyed themselves without having to worry about the tiny details. I was her intern during the summer of 2013 and assisted her the day of the wedding. I had a great experience learning from a true professional. She really cares about her clients and wants to really make sure everything goes as smooth as possible!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Sara · Married on 06/15/2013

VP Consulting was the best choice. I needed someone to be honest with me. I wanted someone to care about me. Virginia went so above and beyond. She really kept me as her #1 priority the whole time, came up with creative ways to reflect my personal tastes and was the Ultimate professional the whole experience. I loved the way she worked with my vendors, courteous and respectful, but clear and firm. She also seemed to know EVERYONE in the VA area in the wedding industry, so she was able to refer me to the very best vendors.
    Overall, she made my wedding a 10 out of 10!!!

Sent on 05/14/2014
  • Gabriela

Gabriela Alvarez · Married on 10/12/2019

Virginia keeps the trains running on time!

We first met Virginia at a wedding show and immediately knew she’d be exactly what we needed. She asked us questions about our wedding we hadn’t thought to ask ourselves yet and detailed how exactly she coordinates between all your vendors. She is a wealth of industry knowledge, and I honestly felt like I was wearing bulletproof armor whenever she was with us during venue walkthroughs and dealing with difficult vendors. On the day of your wedding, she’ll literally be bouncing off the walls dealing with a million things you’ll luckily never know about. Thanks to her and her team, our families actually got to enjoy our wedding, rather than having my mom answering questions all night. My only recommendation to future couples is to plan ahead as far as you can—Virginia manages several hotels and leads her own consulting firm on the side, so while she normally responds fairly quickly, it may take longer if she has other weddings in the weeks leading up to yours. However, she makes herself fairly available to you via phone and email, so if you stay on top of your planning, she makes a fabulous day-of coordinator.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Harry · Married on 06/02/2017

2.8
      2.5
      2.0
      3.5
      2.0

Pros: Virginia is responsive, enthusiastic, and funny. Her price is incomparable to other wedding planning services ($850 for an in-person meeting, phone calls and emails with questions at any time, rehearsal coordination, and day-of coordination). She has a lot of insightful and useful tips about the wedding industry that help out with planning. During the wedding, she was willing to pick up more wine for us when it ran out, which was incredibly nice of her. She was great about cleaning up at the end of the wedding.

Cons: She was late to the rehearsal and then had to rush out at the end. She was even later to the wedding. As such, the groom's mother had to set up the signs after her hair and makeup were done, making her late to family pictures. Virginia was supposed to coordinate pre-wedding photographs, but she was nowhere to be found. For the ceremony, she put the incorrect documents on the altar, which required improvising on the part of the minister and couple. Finally, she often talks about how she helps save money for the wedding, yet she kept asking us to rent equipment from her and add on more services (and more $$) to her package. This was puzzling, as we kept telling her that we were getting all of the decorations she was offering for free. It also made us feel like she had her own agenda rather than actually trying to help us save money.

Overall, she's a nice person and the price was good. However, I would suggest spending more money for a better service.

Sent on 07/02/2017

VP Consulting Event Design's reply:

Harry, I am sorry you feel that way. You and Emily contracted a limited services package for a discounted price. At the time I was "no where to be found" I was in fact cleaning up the wind blown photo station and salvaging your items in the yard. I went above and beyond for your guests, and you. And I offer rental items to clients as a common courtesy. At the end of your wedding night you exclaimed your pleasure, so I am sorry to hear this from you now.