VOWS Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

5 | Kihei, HI

5 Reviews for VOWS Wedding & Event Planning

Janna · Married on 10/14/2017

Katy is absolutely amazing. I especially enjoyed being able to text and talk with her whenever I needed to go over wedding details. I could send her a picture I liked, mention and idea to her, and she would make it happen. I connected so well with her that it felt like a friend helping me plan my wedding. She is proactive, pays attention to detail and keeps everything on schedule. She totally nailed my vision of the wedding ceremony and dinner reception. She has great taste, ideas and a fabulous network of people to make your wedding day exactly what you've always dreamed of!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Topher · Married on 03/27/2017

We hired Katy to help us plan our wedding in Maui. We live in Seattle and we were looking for someone local to the islands to help us navigate vendors and locations. We came across Vows Wedding & Event Planning through a google search and arranged for an initial consultation. Luckily for us, Katy was going to be in Seattle soon, so we were able to meet in person. We could tell immediately that Katy was going to be able to handle the job. She had the right mixture of experience and confidence that we felt was needed.
    We flew to Maui about 5 months before to do some vendor selection, and Katy had everything planned out perfectly. We only met with reputable vendors, who knew the importance of the event we were planning. Even though we weren’t able to work with every vendor, we felt that the ones Katy had us meet were very professional. We even hired her husband to be our officiant!
    The total timeline for the planning was approximately 8 months, and Katy kept everything on track to meet the timeline. Vendors were hired on time, guests were invited and RSVP’d with enough time, people were paid on time. Hiring Katy took so much of the stress of our minds.
    The food, the decor (which Katy expertly helped design with color guidance from us), the ceremony, the music, just every aspect went perfectly. Katy and her assistant were there for the full day at the venue with us, and made sure that nothing went wrong (and if it did, us grooms didn’t hear about it).
    I really felt like Katy cared about us having the best day possible. I was trepidatious about spending the money for a planner when we were already spending quite a bit of money on a destination wedding, but it was unbelievably worth it.
    All you really need to know is if you’re planning on having a wedding in Maui, call Katy to do your planning, and trust that you’re getting an experienced professional who knows the island and its peculiarities, and who knows weddings

Sent on 04/22/2017

Cristina · Married on 02/24/2017

From the beginning of the planning process until we stepped off the plane in Maui Katy made everything so easy for us. She even ran around the island and hand delivered our Welcome Bags to all 100+ of our guests. She was proactive, professional, and always had our best intentions in mind. She knew exactly what we wanted and did not stray from our vision. She suggested nothing but the best vendors, provided suggestions on areas that were our priority, and gave us ideas on how to save but keep our overall look and feel.

Our wedding day was so flawless and perfectly executed due to Katy's amazing design work, organization and planning skills. The design was exactly what we hoped for and she absolutely captured the romantic feel we desired. We really cannot thank Katy enough for following our vision, adding helpful advice, and giving us the memories that will last for a lifetime. Many guests we have talked to afterwards complimented us on the attention to detail for the day – especially the beautiful and elegant designs and the smoothly run ceremony and reception.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Dana · Married on 12/10/2013

I recently hired Katy to help plan my Maui wedding at the Olowalu Plantation House... and I am certainly glad I did!

As an event planner myself, I know how important hiring a wedding planner is for your own big day. Without Katy there on my wedding day I would have been one seriously stressed out, micro-managing, high strung bride. But I could relax and truly enjoy the entire day because I knew every last detail was being taken care of -- Katy was on it! She is extremely detailed, always thinking 3 steps ahead, ensuring a plan is going to be executed just how you want it to. She is very quick to respond to every request -- even when I didn’t expect to hear back for a few days, I would get a reply within an hour.

Katy is also a great resource for planning a Maui wedding. She has wonderful vendor contacts and referrals, and really knowledgeable about the Island, venues and activities. It was great working with someone who lives in my hometown (of Seattle) because we could meet in-person, and we were in the same time-zone. She was also great about being in contact on-Island, easy to get in touch with, and really seemed “on-call” for the few days leading up to the wedding.

If you are looking for an amazing wedding planner, you have found one with Katy!!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Nancy · Married on 08/26/2011

When we were planning our destination wedding in Maui, we wanted someone who was both knowledgeable and experienced with private estates in Maui. Katy had the experience and relationships on the island, so we hired her for a day-of coordination package. She provided us with vendor referrals, a check-list of things we needed to take care of (the fun stuff like the food and desserts!) while she took care of the other details. All her help gave us peace of mind and was a major time-saver. She was very responsive and always at our finger-tips when we needed her, especially when we arrived on Maui. On the day of the wedding, I did not have to worry about a single thing as Katy was always three steps ahead of me. I was able to really relax and enjoy the time with family and friends. We’re SO glad we hired Katy to help with our wedding – it was definitely the best investment we made!

Sent on 04/04/2014