Voss Weddings Reviews

157 | Woodbridge, VA

157 Reviews for Voss Weddings

Norman provided DJ services for my sister's birthday and he was AMAZING! He went above and beyond "typical" DJ services. A real special treat was his live singing and guitar playing. He was so good that often times, guests thought he was playing music from a soundtrack only to look up and realize that he was singing/playing live. The birthday had both adults and children and he made a concerted effort to entertain everyone. Everyone had a great time at the party and he was very responsive and professional. I would definitely recommend him for your wedding or other special event.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Cindy · Married on 06/16/2012

Mr. Voss was hired for our 80th Anniversary Celebration of our company and his professionalism and song selection catered to all our guest entertainment needs. His singing and song choice for dinner was just the right touch for our event. Getting the party started for the dance portion of our evening was so much fun and his dancing and singing with us our group had everyone on the dance floor.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Vanessa · Married on 05/28/2012

I had the reception at the Top of the Town. Norman is very good and all my guests like his singing, guita playing and the DJ as well. He is nice and professional. Also, he perfectly executed what we have planned. We love his service!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Leah · Married on 05/12/2012

Norman was an amazing dj and master of ceromonies!!!! His voice is amazing as he sung Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble type songs during cocktail hour. His dj skills were fantastic and he was so helpful in helping us make music decisions with all of his experience. We loved Norman and so did our guests! We would definitely recommend his services, he was fantastic! :)

Sent on 05/14/2012

Rachael · Married on 05/05/2012

Norman was one of the BEST DJs I have ever met. He made my wedding day the most perfect day it could possibly be. The music was perfect his timing was perfect and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Andrew · Married on 04/13/2012

Norman was a consumate professional that provided the exact service that we discussed beforehand. Even with a few last minute tweaks to the scheudle, he handled it perfectly and gave us a night that we will never forget. I would highly recommend Norman Voss DJ.

Sent on 04/17/2012

What can i say, his music was amazing, he sang our first dance and my husband bursts out "hes really good" people LOVED the big band music during dinner, and got everyone dancing, even played some of my insane disco requests.

He also played guitar for our ceremony and learned a new song just for us. the day went by so fast but i will remember his music.

Sent on 03/26/2012

Jayne · Married on 03/10/2012

This was the 2nd time that Norman Voss provided DJ services for our annual Gala . . . excellent entertainment!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Kristine · Married on 01/07/2012

Norman Voss was wonderful. My daughter found him easy to deal with and willing to help with the timeline and kept to her music style requests. As the mother of the bride, I found him very responsive to e-mails and any changes to the timeline, etc. On the night of the reception he played and sang wonderful music. I heard nothing but positive comments all evening. During dinner, Mr. Voss, played classical guitar which enhanced the evening. He acted as our MC for the evening and kept things moving along. Dancing was wonderful and fun for everyone. We were very pleased, especially the bride and groom!

Sent on 01/10/2012

Matthew · Married on 12/18/2011

Norman was extremely knowledgable and helpful and always responded promptly to our e-mails. On the day itself, Norman brings an energy and bravada that is phenomenal. He is always charming and handles the occasional wandering child with ease and magic tricks! He also will listen to your guests conversation, pick up on signals and has songs ready for your guests before they ask or in recognition of where they're from. We would highly recommend him for your big day if you want your guests to enjoy themselves!

Sent on 12/20/2011

Avery · Married on 11/05/2011

Norman nailed it! I was beyond impressed with his talent and the services he provided - he delivers a truly unique package as a wedding DJ. First, he played classical guitar during our ceremony and learned all the songs we wanted him to play. He also crooned "Frank Sinatra-style" during cocktail hour and dinner, which all the guests loved. For the dancing portion of our reception, we wanted more of a Motown and Oldies vibe, so I gave Norman a couple must-have songs and let him be creative for the rest - he did an awesome job! Every song was one I would have picked myself, and they were all crowd favorites. So many guests came up to me throughout the night asking, "Where did you find this guy? He's amazing!" (including our photographer). I also have a friend who got engaged recently and after seeing Norman perform at our wedding, she is dead-set on hiring him. I recommend him most highly.

Sent on 01/14/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2011

Simply said- AMAZING! I would recommend Voss DJ to anyone!!! He ended our ceremony with a bang! He was amazing during cocktail hour. Accommodated all our wants and needs during the reception. He has an awesome personality which will get the party going. We had more of an older crowd and couples with newborns at our wedding who did not dance much..I was a little stressed out but Norman Voss always had a plan. He would go out to the dance floor and dance himself which just drew a crowd. The conga line at the end was a HIT!!! He made our wedding a memorable one. I would definitely recommend him to anyone and everyone. He is very professional, accommodating and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/21/2011

Nathan · Married on 10/07/2011

Hire Voss DJ Service for your wedding and you have guaranteed a good time will be had by all!

Norm works with you to make sure you get exactly what you want out of him for the day. He is a great DJ, excellent MC, and a fantastic musician and performer. All of our guests were impressed with his versatility and charisma. He kept the schedule on track, but kept the party flowing too.

We could not have been happier with his work on our wedding day. We count ourselves lucky to have found him.

Highly recommended. Enlist this vendor with complete confidence.

Thanks, Norm!

Sent on 10/12/2011

Joelle · Married on 09/18/2011

Norman was absolutely wonderful. So many women came up to me during my wedding and asked me where I found a DJ that looks like Harry Conick, Jr. and sounds like Frank Sinatra. Norman offers so many services and he does them impeccably. He compiled my list of quirky songs for my husband and I to dance to, let me send mp3 tracks of custom music for our ceremony processional, he played guitar during cocktail hour, and mixed singing with DJing during the reception. Everyone was on the dance floor all night and everyone had a blast. I highly recommend Norman and if I may also suggest that you request his "Sweet Caroline" when you're ready to get even the wallflowers onto the dance floor!

Sent on 09/20/2011
  • W

Clarissa · Married on 09/10/2011

Norman Voss was the DJ at my wedding on 9/10/11. He was so amazing! Everyone has so many good things to say about him throughout the night! His singing, live classical guitar playing, and song choices definitely set the mood for the cocktail hour and dinner. When it came time to dance he was good at getting everyone involved and excited which made it such a fun night for everyone. While planning the wedding and picking out the music he was very helpful and listened to any requests and concerns that we had. He is very talented and professional. I would recommend him completely.

Sent on 09/13/2011
  • W

W · Married on 09/04/2011

Voss was extraordinary! He followed every small note in my instructions, and followed every revision. The amount of involvement he had in the wedding was perfect; he injected himself just enough to make the wedding festive, but witheld enough to not be intrusive. Due to this, it really felt like Voss knew the wedding party personally. He adapted to anything the wedding threw at him.

Example: My father heard a slow song, so he asked my new wife to dance. By the time they got up to the dance floor, the song ended and naturally changed to a fast song. Voss spotted them a second later, and smoothly segued back to a slow song to make sure the moment wasn't ruined. It seems minor from an outsider, but this attention to detail makes a world of difference in a wedding, as anyone who's been in a wedding can attest to.

Quick note to anyone hiring him: as you should with all vendors, make sure you spell out any hard names phonetically

I absolutely recommended him

Sent on 09/07/2011
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/27/2011

Norman was AMAZING!!!

A few times I looked to the table were he was set up to give him a good sign for the song he was playing...not only was he playing but he was also singing! he has a true gift and truly enjoys what he does. Helped to give our special day such a positive vibe which radiated throughout the whole event.

So glad we found him!!!

Sent on 08/29/2011

Valerie · Married on 08/20/2011

Norman was incredible, absolutely amazing. I thought I had done a pretty good job putting together all the touches that would make the day special, but I had an extra special trick up my sleeve - Norman! Not only did he play fun music that made everyone want to be up and dancing, he also sang during dinner, serenaded my grandmother with her favorite song (Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World"), and even closed out the night by singing the song of our last dance (Michael Buble's "Home"). Many of my guests stopped and asked me, "Where did you find him?" They were thrilled, and he seemed to be having just as much fun as everyone else, too. Best of all, at one point on the dance floor, I looked back towards the tables, saw absolutely no one sitting down, and thought to myself, "This is the mark of a good party." I had found Norman through the recommendation of a friend. I am soooo glad we took her advice!

Sent on 08/26/2011
  • Katebonnykate

Kate · Married on 08/06/2011

Norman was amazing! Kept the dance floor packed (despite the fact that it was an early evening reception), played beautiful classical guitar during cocktail hour, and I got a ton of compliments from my guests.

Sent on 12/27/2011

Klara · Married on 07/23/2011

Norman Voss was wonderful and so very versatile. He has a great singing voice, played classical guitar and did a fabulous job as DJ and master of ceremonies. A lot of my wedding guests kept telling me how great they thought he was.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Mahruba · Married on 07/03/2011

Norman was absolutely awesome...and what all the other folks have said is true, he's such a good singer people can't believe he's actually doing the singing! I had numerous compliments, from my young cousins to older aunties, they all loved him. I owe my friends a big one for recommending him!

Sent on 07/09/2011

Patrisha · Married on 06/18/2011

My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend Norman! For our wedding, he played guitar before our ceremony began while guests were arriving, did the sound for the ceremony, and did the music for our cocktail hour and reception, including some live sung/played music which was great. His music transitions and great song choices helped keep our dance floor packed the entire night. PICK NORMAN!

Sent on 06/24/2011

emily · Married on 05/28/2011

Norman was a fabulous dj. Everyone just praised his work. He was professional_talented and very fun. He was great to work with and I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 06/05/2011

Justin · Married on 05/14/2011

Norman was excellent at our wedding. All of our guests kept asking where we found him cause they thought he was awesome.

Sent on 06/04/2011
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 04/23/2011

Norman Voss is the only DJ that I would recommend you talk to, because once you do you will be SOLD! He is highly professional, knows so much about music and songs and will help you figure out all of your big day music. If he does not have a song, he will get it with no issues.
    He is so talented and very personable. Everyone at my wedding had such a great time and thought the music was great and the DJ was amazing. Voss DJ will play the guitar or sing and he does with so much grace and class.
    Voss DJ serenaded my husband and I while we were taking pictures, it was the coolest thing, and he sang New York New York by F. Sinatra... (I almost thought it was Sinatra, he is THAT GOOD!!!) while my guests set up the cancan dance, that was pretty cool to see and my guests had a blast.

Sent on 09/25/2011