Voss Weddings Reviews

157 Reviews for Voss Weddings

• Kristina

Kristina · Getting married on 10/24/2020

The Perfect Wedding DJ

I work as a wedding planner for Pollyanna Events. My couple hired DJ Norman Voss to MC and DJ their event, and he did deliver!! The dance floor was never empty the entire night and he was fantastic at reading what the crowd wanted to hear. He was completely on top of all announcements, and special moments that the couple requested. I highly recommend DJ Voss for your events!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Megan P. · Married on 11/23/2019

Great wedding DJ!

We chose Norman Voss from a list of potential DJs from our wedding planner (Pollyanna Events). We decided on Norman because he had worked many events at our venue (Top of the Town) and liked that we were contracting with him personally, as opposed to a DJ service that assigns an available DJ. Our venue had a split set up between the ceremony and reception and we felt at ease that he had done the set-up many times. His contract was very simple and he was responsive in the process. We added uplighting, I highly recommend it. He played everything we asked for. I had an unusual request, we didn’t walk down an aisle, we were mingling with guests and I wanted him to play a portion of a favorite song at an exact time in the song to signal us to move into our spots and quiet down the guests. I wanted him then to continue with that exact piece of music at that exact time when we finished and exited the room. It was a song I’ve loved for 30 years and I always imagined it at my wedding. One of my favorite pictures from the wedding is one taken of me just when I hear the music begin, I start to laugh and cry at the same time. It was a great moment that I had dreamed about. I’m grateful Norman made it happen. I also gave him a list of songs for the cocktail and dinner hours and he played as many of those songs as he could. I gave him very little direction for the dancing music. I told him our college graduation years and asked for just a few specific songs. I asked him to just read the room and try to keep people dancing. He did a great job! The dance floor was packed and it made me so happy to see our guests having a great time. His guitar playing before the ceremony and during dinner was lovely, I heard multiple people compliment it. I highly recommend Norman Voss.

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Debra

Debra · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Norman was not only professional and assisted us with our events timeline, but he did an amazing job with our playlist ensuring that the music ran smoothly and he took pictures and videos of EVERYTHING! We received a slideshow within TWO DAYS, our highlight video within a week, and all of our photos, albums, and editors pictures in about 2-3 weeks!! He was singing one moment, taking pictures the next, then DJing, then playing the guitar! Our guest were amazed at how talented he is. Thank you for making our day perfect!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Turch · Married on 08/06/2019

Voss Weddings was A-MA-ZING!

I highly recommend them as a DJ and photographer/videographer! As most brides, I had a certain vision in my mind of what I wanted on my wedding day. For me, that included the music! I had specific music/songs I wanted played and at specific times (from prior to walking down the aisle to the last song played…this ranged from Classical, Rock-n-Roll, Country, Motown, Oldies, Hip-Hop, Line dances, etc.). Voss Weddings played everything I wanted (and even made it more personal by singing a few). My husband and I couldn’t decide on our first dance song and they recommended a compilation. We narrowed it down to 3 songs and they created the perfect first dance for us!!
    We live in NOVA but were married 2 hours away in the Northern Neck. Voss Weddings had no problem traveling to help us make our day the best! Due to weather on our wedding day, we ended up having to make several last-minute changes. They were great in making recommendations and accommodating the changes we needed to make. They really did help in making it stress free!
    As far as our wedding photos and videos, I think they are great! We received a photo book, an 11 x 14 canvas, and thumb drive with almost 800 pictures and 27 video clips. I love the fact that it’s not one LONG video of the entire day but broken up so we can ‘jump’ to certain parts of the day. And with almost 800 pictures, we have so many great memories! They also arrived early to take pre-wedding pictures of both the bride and groom getting ready.
    As a typical bride, I emailed Voss Weddings several times prior to our wedding as I was constantly making changes and then verifying and reverifying everything. Norman Voss ALWAYS responded within hours and was ALWAYS accommodating to my requests/changes.
    THANK YOU, Voss Weddings for helping us make our wedding day the BEST DAY EVER!!!!
    Nicole and Dewayne Bartock

Sent on 02/01/2020

Emily · Married on 07/13/2019

Truly Unforgettable DJ/Live Entertainment

We lost count of the number of compliments and praise that we received from our guests about DJ Norman Voss during and after the wedding. He a triple threat of Live Entertainment who sang, played classical guitar, and DJ’ed our reception at the City Club of Washington in DC. Guests were blown away when they realized that it was DJ Voss, and not Michael Buble himself, singing during cocktail hour!

A few weeks before the wedding, we met to go over the timeline and details for cocktail hour and the reception. He provided great insight from his experience and we left that meeting with such a great rapport with him. He also provided up lighting and was able to work with our venue to prepare all logistics so that he made sure that the day of ran perfectly. We had a few songs that we wanted on our “Must Play” list but other than that, we fully trusted him to judge the vibe of the room for song selection and keep the party going all night long. During the reception he was completely engaged with our guests and had everyone out of their seats the whole time. We could not have asked for a better DJ, and we would tell people to not even bother looking at anyone else except for DJ Voss. He is that unique and good at his craft!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Rice · Married on 07/07/2019

Wonderful Experience

Norman helped make our day run perfectly smooth. He was on top of the schedule, keeping us on time, and flexible when needed. His guitar playing and singing during our dinner was beautiful. He also played a great mix of both of our chosen songs for dancing and I couldn’t be happier.

I would absolutely recommend him for your wedding! Professional and talented.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Emily Milroy · Married on 12/15/2018

Winter wedding with amazing music!

Norman has been the DJ for both of my brothers weddings so he was the only option for me when it was my turn. He worked well with the staff at my venue, Harbour View in Woodbridge. He truly makes your day special. I will recommend him to all of my friends!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Voss was fantastic at our wedding! We had our ceremony and reception at Top of the Town in Arlington, which it was evident he had worked at multiple times! All the sound was set up perfectly for the ceremony, which allowed everyone to hear clearly.

DJ Voss was very responsive, professional, offered suggestions, punctual and just an overall great entertainer and nice person! And boy can he sing! We gave him the freedom to sing during the cocktail hour if he wished and I am so glad he did - at first several guests didn’t even realize he was singing! During the rest of the reception, he played a wide variety of music and adapted to what or guests were dancing too. The music was also loud enough to have a good time, but not so loud that people couldn’t hear/talk at the tables which is something I really appreciated!

DJ Voss worked with us to plan all details of the wedding and was open/accepting of our ideas as we strayed away from some “normal” traditions to suit our own personalities. He was also right in the price range of other entertainers for the DMV area. We are so glad we hired DJ Voss as our entertainment for our wedding and I know our guests are glad too!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Shannon · Married on 09/16/2018

We got married at the George Washington in Winchester. Norman was amazing that is all the guests talked about. Hes so professional with his music and his photography skills!
    Thanks again for m as king the day perfect.
    Shannon McKenzie!

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • Shannon

Shannon Mckenzie · Married on 09/16/2018

Amazing, wonderful

Norman's time is priceless! He was the most talked about at the wedding reside the bride and groom. He does so much to make your day perfect.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 09/15/2018

Having Norman Voss - DJ at our event was one of the pivotal points of our decision making. When Hurricane Florence persuaded us that we really did need to move the event into Walden Barn, the presence and adaptability of Norman, coupled with his ability to interact and understand each of our 100 guests, gave life to the night. We couldn't have been more gratified with the responses we received from those most dear to us and it will be will be treasured for a long time. Don't hesitate, lock him in. Daniel and Linda

Sent on 09/18/2018

Hayley · Married on 08/04/2018

Working with Norm was truly the best experience possible!! When we got engaged we knew we had to ask Norm to be our DJ because of the amazing job he did at a friend's wedding. He did not disappoint, our wedding was the absolute best party of our lives and he was a HUGE part of it! The music was exactly what we wanted and he was a great MC and set the tone for the party. We would recommend him to anyone! Thanks Norm!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2018

Mr Voss is a man of many talents! We hired him for our July wedding at The Osprey's at Belmont Bay. He played guitar for our ceremony, sang during cocktail hour, was DJ, and also did videography and photos (with the help of Chris). I was thrilled to find a "one stop shop" and he didn't disappoint. As a nervous bride, I was put at ease as soon as he stepped into the room and started taking photos pre-ceremony. He's one of the most likable people that I've met.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Britt · Married on 06/30/2018

What is there to say about the best DJ in Virginia?! Norm was fantastic to work with and kept our party going all night long! Norm also provided our ceremony music and cocktail hour music and all of our guests absolutely loved him. Our pastor dubbed him “Frank Sinatra Jr.”! I highly recommend Norm for any of your music needs, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Kris · Married on 06/15/2018

Norm was great. From guitar playing to singing to spinning the tunes he was a one stop show and several guests complimented me on him! Use him he rocks!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Diana · Married on 06/09/2018

Voss Weddings is absolutely incredible, hands down one of the best choices we could have made for our wedding! Norman is a jack of all trades; he was the DJ singer and guitar player (super talented!), MC, and photographer and videographer all in one- all with a smile on his face! I couldn’t believe how much he did and with ease! It’s clear to see that he loves his business and truly cares about his clients.
    We had some nasty weather after our ceremony and were not able to get a lot of photos outdoors of just my husband and I. But in between all of the other things Norman had to do during the reception, he made time to take us out whenever possible and take lovely photos of us. His team member, Chris, helped with the photography and was wonderful as well. We have already seen some of the work they did and it is absolutely beautiful.
    We received so many compliments about how great Norman was as our MC and DJ. He helped make the party even more of a blast and got ALL of our guests out on the dance floor all night! Norman is also very communicative and flexible; we emailed continuously and he met with us in person and we had phone meetings to discuss details. He really made everything super easy on us and we could trust him with all of these different aspects of our wedding (which comes at an awesome value) very easily.
    I recommend Voss Weddings to anyone- he’s the best in the business and you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Jill · Married on 06/08/2018

I am so happy that we chose Voss Weddings as the DJ for our wedding at The Ospreys at Belmont Bay, in Woodbridge, VA. His flexibility and responsiveness are what really stood out to me. I had changed up and few of the songs on our playlist last minute, but that didn't stop Norman from providing just what we wanted. He even played beautiful, acoustic guitar while I walked down the aisle, which made the moment all the better. His quality of service was great, and his fun personality helped make our event upbeat and enjoyable for all of our guests. I highly recommend Voss Weddings! Thank you!!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Lynn · Married on 05/11/2018

Surpassed anything we were expecting!! The singing, the entertaining, the song selections- Norman had the crowd dancing right after dinner was finished. His voice is amazing- people thought it was a record/ CD until they saw Norman singing!!! When the rains and winds came, and we re-located back inside from the tent the party continued and people were sad when it was over!! This is the guy you want to sing, DJ and entertain at your wedding!!! Thank you

Sent on 05/14/2018

James · Married on 05/10/2018

Norman is a great DJ and even more amazing that he actually sings live! I used VossDJ for a 10 year surprise anniversary party and was super pleased with everything he did that night!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 04/27/2018

Norman, I cannot thank you enough! You were such a pleasure to work with and I was beyond impressed with your talents. Iam still getting compliments from guests about you! Thank you so much for helping to make our special day so enjoyable and memorable. You are amazing! Thank you again!!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Dave · Married on 04/20/2018

Norman is the GREATEST DJ EVER!!! He made it so much fun for all of our guests.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Ariana · Married on 04/14/2018

Words can’t adequately express how awesome Norman was as my DJ and photographer. He and Chris were amazing to work with and so much fun. I highly recommend hiring him for the DJ/photography/videography for your wedding. He’s amazing!!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Le Le · Married on 10/28/2017

Norman was great. He is multitalented. He is one of a kind. He played the guitar, sang, MC'ed and DJ'ed our wedding. The guests had a lot of fun dancing. Our guests really enjoyed the Frank Sinatra style singing.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Norman was wonderful from beginning to end! He was very professional and sensitive to our specific wishes for our daugher's wedding reception. He accomodated our every request, being very attentive to tailor the music to exactly what we wanted. We can't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Dawn · Married on 10/08/2017

Norman did an excellent job DJing, MCing and singing at our wedding. He is professional and takes care of every detail of the reception schedule. Norman made our day special day stress free and one we will always remember.

Sent on 10/10/2017