Volcanik Entertainment Reviews

Volcanik Entertainment 5
Volcanik Entertainment 6
Volcanik Entertainment 7

Sandeep · Married on 09/05/2014

Rahul was the best Dj ever! He accommodated to everyone's taste in music and made sure everyone had a blast at our engagement party! I highly recommend him for anyone looking for a Dj for an event or wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Deep · Married on 08/31/2014

These guys are absolutely amazing! Hemant and his crew took care of all of the music and lighting for our garba, baraat, wedding, and reception. They went the extra mile and ensured that everything ran smoothly for us. Hemant made time out of his schedule on multiple occasions to meet with us and plan out our events. He even gave us advice outside of music and entertainment in the midst of our wedding planning.

We really can't emphasize how much fun our family and friends had during our wedding weekend. Hemant is a great MC and really knows how to keep the crowd energetic. The music selection was great and they were very receptive to what we wanted. They really knew how to keep the dance floor packed which is what you want at your reception! Also, the lighting they provided was absolutely stunning and blew us away.

A big shout out to Nik who did a phenomenal job at the garba and reception as well! He was very professional and pleasant to work with. Volcanik Entertainment exceeded our expectations and truly contributed to a successful wedding experience for us. Thank you guys!!!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Ambika · Married on 07/19/2014

As I am ready to book Volcanik Entertainment again for another event, I realized that I never did write them a review from our wedding. We met Ashish & Hemant back when they DJ'ed our engagement party. They did such an incredible job that we immediately decided they would be our DJs for all our wedding events. There aren't enough praises I could sing for the entire Volcanik team. From the get-go, Ashish became invested in understanding our entire vision for the wedding - not just our taste in music. They went above and beyond to make a custom up-lighting stencil of our invitation monogram and absolutely nailed it. It goes without saying that these guys know their music; they work the crowd like no other DJ out there. I'll admit that I can be very picky with what I expect to hear at a party so I was obviously going to be even pickier when it came to my wedding (Ashish put up with me like a champ LOL); they did not play a single song we didn't want to hear. The dhol was nothing less than AMAZING at the baraat and reception. Thank you guys so so so so so much for absolutely killing it and being so awesome.

Sent on 02/02/2016

Payal · Married on 06/29/2014

Hemant and his team did an amazing job for our Sangeet and wedding/reception! The entire team was very professional in everything that they did. With regards to music, every song was spot on! Everyone had a great time at the reception and were on the dance floor all night. I have worked with Hemant in the past and so I had no doubt in my mind that everything would go perfectly. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Preet · Married on 05/25/2014

Hemant and the Volcanic team made our wedding weekend very memorable . They were very professional and very easy to work with .. Most of all our guests enjoyed them a lot .. I wish them the very best and lots of success

Sent on 09/30/2014

S. · Married on 04/19/2014

Full disclosure: we are very skeptical of event DJs. We’ve been to one too many parties with cheesy, greasy DJs who seem to think that everybody wants to hear "Celebration" and do the "YMCA".

Volcanik Entertainment shattered our assumption. First, Ashish was totally responsive to our "do not play" list ("Oh What a Night" topped the list), and asked very logical questions ("well, what do you like?"). The result was one of the best DJ'd events we've ever been a part of -- not an easy feat for a reception with a mixed crowd of young folks and older Indian relatives. He managed to respond to our taste in Western music while also playing a terrific mix of old and new Indian music to keep the dance floor bumping.

Second, he was a do-er, and just made things happen. Microphone doesn't fit on mic stand? No worries, he's got duct tape. Bassist forgot to bring a 9 volt battery? No worries, he apparently keeps spares in his pocket. Whenever there was the slightest hiccup at all, Ashish calmly solved the problem. In a room full of demanding aunties and uncles, getting things done was crucial.

For an awesome, non-cheesy time, we highly recommend Volcanik and will be going back to them.

Sent on 05/01/2014

Ashish and his team were great to work with from beginning to end. Ashish was honestly the coolest, most calm person I had to deal with from day 1. He made the entertainment part of the wedding so much easier for me. We had so much fun during the wedding. His whole team did an excellent job and kept the crowd entertained the whole night.
    I cannot thank them enough for their services.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Rahul and Hemant were phenomenal. From start to finish we were thoroughly impressed. The uplighting that Rahul did transformed our wedding and reception into this majestic space. The Baraat was nothing short of a blast, their moving sound system and Dhol player definitely added the fun to the start of our wedding. My husband and our guests were dancing more than I could have ever expected. Our out of town guests told us that they had never seen a procession like that. Rahul and his team were so easy to work with and were full of great ideas to enhance our reception experience. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night, the music was just what we were looking for. Rahul had a great mix of new and old favorite songs. We couldn't be happier with Volcanik Entertainment team!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Tony · Married on 03/01/2014

Rahul's team Sourav and Jimmy did a phenomenal job. Sourav calibrated the music to fit our unique fusion wedding (Indian and Irish). The dance floor was constantly alive with people, dancing and reveling in the moment. The guest were out of breadth and could not stop talking about how long it's been since they danced like they did. The music was beyond amazing. It was addictive. I can't believe it went by so fast... But when your having so much fun.. You know what they say. If your looking for tailor made level of services on your day, then Volcanik is a must! Thanks guys, we'll never forget it!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Ankita and Neil · Married on 01/25/2014

Rahul and Hemant are the best Indian DJs. They made our wedding very memorable. They offer great quality service for an amazing price. I will only use Rahul and Hemant anytime I need an Indian DJ, regardless what type of function it is. I recommend Volcanik Entertainment to all couples getting married, not just Indian. They will entertain your party for the whole day!

Sent on 03/19/2014

Prisha · Married on 11/30/2013

We had a great experience with DJ Volcanik and his team. They were very professional the entire time and assured me not to worry about anything and they would take care of it. We made some last minute changes to music etc and Volcanik was very professional and assured me it would not be a problem at all. He was so easy to work with and listened to every detail that I asked for. I am a DJ as well and he let me DJ for a bit at my own reception which was really fun. I have worked with many DJ vendors and by far Volcanik is the best. He plays anything you want to hear and his transition in music is stellar. I highly recommend him if you want a REAL DJ. He and his team are not wedding DJ's at all. I felt like I was at a party and that's the experience we wanted to have.

Sent on 02/02/2015

Rahul and Hemant from Volcanik Entertainment were awesome!!! They were timely, professional, and really dedicated! Rahul helped me throughout in putting together songs for our sangeet and even made a mehndi song CD for me! Hemant was so great during the bharaat, wedding and reception. He has a great announcer's voice and annunciated very clearly! Not to mention their song selections were awesome and everyone had a great time!! I would highly recommend volcanik entertainment for your event!!!!!

Sent on 11/23/2013

Janki · Married on 08/10/2013

My husband and I chose Ashish from Dj Volcanik for music and lighting for all of our wedding events. From start to finish I couldn't have asked for a more patient and entertaining DJ. Most DJs are hard to get in touch with and don't give you to much input into your event. This wasn't the case with Ashish, he was beyond helpful from helping pick songs, colors for lighting, monograms and even showing me new ideas to make my lighting different to others, he even helped me with my timeline, and was more than patient when I sent him 101 changes daily!

The day of my garba Ashish and his team arrived on time and set up the lighting and their equipment, the lighting was perfect and the crowd didn't stop dancing until the party was over. The next morning we had our Baraat where Ashish set his equipment up on the back of a truck and was spinning the most upbeat music that got the crowd going. He even allowed my husband and some of his family onto the truck to dance, even with all of his expensive equipment right there! During the wedding he played all the right songs at the right time which set a perfect mood for my husband and I. Lastly we come to the reception, when ashish kept me calm with the last minute performance we had, and even surprised us with a cake sparkler as I forgot our cake topper! When I walked into that room I was shocked and amazed on how amazing the room looked. I must say the lighting made the room glow!! There wasn't a moment where the dance floor wasn't full even at 1am, from aunties and uncles to little kids, all ages!! He played all kinds of music that made everyone happy. He kept the crowed pumped and took any song request our family and friends asked for.

To this day people comment on how amazing the music and lighting was at our wedding and that hands down goes to Ashish. I wouldn't have ever chosen another Dj and now I am sure my family and friends will only be using Ashish for all of their events. Thank you so much for all you did!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Maggie · Married on 07/20/2013

The members of Volcanik Entertainment did a wonderful job. We had previously requested very specific music types to fit the cultures of our wedding party and guests - It was an American/West Indian wedding. They played a perfect mix of exactly what we wanted. The reception was scheduled to end at a particular and agreed upon time, to which they gladly surpassed and played through due to the excitement and high energy of our guests. We were told multiple times that our wedding was "the wedding of the year," and no one wanted it to end. We have to thank Volcanik for keeping the party going through the entire evening!!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Dhenu · Married on 07/14/2013

We met with Ashish from the beginning. He always had great advice, timelines, and helped bounce ideas back and forth. We had a typical Indian wedding starting with garba. Everyone had fun! The music was great not only during garba but kept the party going during breaks. During the Bharaat, we used the moving van and people are still talking about it. Everyone was pumped! The wedding had appropriate music and they were always paying attention in case we needed anything. The reception was a blast! Music had a good variety for young, old and everyone in middle. The part that stood out most was they were on top of everything! We needed to change the order of speeches/dances and they did it on their own and coordinated with the participants. They made sure the next group was ready or made appropriate changes. It was awesome to work with a responsible team.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Ami · Married on 06/22/2013

I cannot say enough great things about Volcanik Entertainment. I met with Hemant soon after I began the wedding planning process. He made everything super easy. Not only did he have awesome packages, but he suggested vendors that were right for my event.

Ashish, Arbob, and Smit did an amazing job the day of the wedding. They did a great job with the lighting without much direction. They were able to pick up themes, by looking at the decor, and adjusted them as needed. Then there was the music, they were able to mix Indian, Serbian and American music perfectly. All our guest have been raving about how great our DJ was and we could not agree more.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Monica · Married on 06/22/2013

I chose Volcanik for DJ/Lighting/and Baraat Music for our wedding in DC and can't be happier with that decision! Hemant is incredibly professional, talented, and hilarious - the perfect combination to keep a bride sane ;)

We spoke a few times leading up to the wedding so he could gather my expectations and he made great suggestions along the way. Hemant and Nick also came down for a site visit which was incredibly sweet and helped the process (don't worry if you're a bride that doesn't have time for many vendor visits though - I'm confident that Hemant/Sumeet would have been able to get it perfect from our conversations alone too). Hemant also worked well with our hotel sales staff to make sure he got everything he needed without stepping outside of our contract.

On the days of our events, I was taken away by how fantastic everything looked. Our lighting was incredibly unique, it was everything I wanted, and he went above our expectations. Since I was able to see our ballroom set-up before our Reception, he came over to check that it was set up correctly -- and it was! No changes needed...and that was huge for me bc I had a very specific vision.

What stole the show aside from lighting, was their music. To this day, my husband and his friends/family talk about how amazing the energy, music, and set-up of the Baraat was. I wouldn't go with anyone other than these guys ever for dhol and their DJ set up on the truck bed!!

For our reception, Hemant was a great MC - making sure he could pronounce everyone's name correctly - and keeping the program flowing and energy level high. Our dance music was perrrrfectly tailored to us too. We loved it, and the dance floor was never empty.

Thanks for being such a fantastic team to work with Volcanik!! To brides out there - Hemant walks you through his process very easily so don't feel like you need to know everything the moment you first talk to him...he'll help you get exactly what you need.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Kartik · Married on 06/01/2013

Hemant and the Volcanik team were exceptional - both at our engagement and wedding. I first met the Volcanik team at a friend’s wedding and used them for my engagement party and wedding reception. For both events, Hemant was extremely professional, responsive and, most importantly, easy to work with. He would ping us on the next ‘to dos’ to keep the process simple and to keep us on track for our special day. Additionally, he made a trip to the venue to go through logistics and, beyond that, advised us on non-DJ services (set up, lighting, decor and nuances in planning the event), considering our inexperience with planning large events.

On the day of the wedding, Hemant set the tone keeping everything on schedule, pumping up the crowd and making sure the event ran smoothly. He also thought of the small things, which could have been disastrous. For example, our venue forgot to provide us with a champagne toast; however, Hemant noticed this during the speech and brought us our champagne toast before the toast was given. This is just one example how Hemant experience proves invaluable and willingness to go beyond DJ’ing and emceeing.

I will continue to use Hemant for my future events and will recommend him and the Volcanik team to all of my family and friends. Hemant, thank you again for all your hard work and patience throughout the process; you and your team made our day exceptional.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Jeet · Married on 05/26/2013

From start to finish, Ashish (Volcanik Entertainment) provided excellent DJ services for our big day. His experience is obvious.

1. Baraat: Ashish provides an authentic dhol player and a van with a killer sound box, and they both play music in a coordinated way that flows well and gets people excited and dancing! He has also worked with a lot of the horse/carriage providers (my horse guy knew him on a first name basis) and so they already have a good working relationship that makes the whole procession go smoothly.

2. Wedding: The DJing for this was flawless. The songs we had selected for various segments played on queue always. The sound system set up in the wedding hall was excellent. He had already worked at our hotel, the Hanover Marriott, many times; the hotel event staff know him well and were happy we had chosen to work with him.

3. Reception: Everything was perfect about the night. Ashish did a great job of being the MC. As we waited outside for our entrance, we could feel the energy building up inside as DJ team got the crowd excited. The mixing and music for dancing time was top quality. And the light effects were awesome. Volkanik also provided a cool light gobo design of our names and event date to light up the ceiling.

Well before the wedding, Ashish made a point to ask us about our preferences about things. He was flexible in the planning, and he made sure that we were all on the same page about how the itinerary for the wedding events would be.

When you are hosting something as big as your wedding, it's important to choose people who are professional and have a good track record of delivering top service consistently.

Bottom line: We're very happy we chose Volkanik.

Sent on 06/09/2013

N · Married on 05/26/2013

Hemant of Volcanik Entertainment was absolutely amazing. The music is one thing - playing the perfect mix of bollywood, house, hip hop and 80s/90s favorites. The attention to detail was flawless, communicating with us on the specific songs and genre of music we wanted during our reception. Above that, the lighting was surreal. Volcanik was able to set up various lighting to turn a rustic 50 year old venue into a absolutely stunning, gorgeous, contemporary room. His accessibility, responsiveness to phone calls, texts and emails, and approachability was truly professional. I can't thank Hemant and Volcanik Entertainment enough for helping make my wedding the best night of my life.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Rita · Married on 05/25/2013

Choosing Volcanik as my wedding DJ/emcee was the BEST choice for my intercultural/fusion wedding! With an Indian-American bride and African-American Groom, we wanted to ensure that the music was reflective of both of our families and cultures. We needed Bhangra, we needed Line Dancing, and we needed a skilled DJ who had just the right amount of 'swagger' to pull it off. :)

Communication: I met Hemant at the South Asian Bridal Expo in Springfield, Virginia and stayed in touch. Two months later, he was DJ'ing a wedding in the DC area and invited us to come out and see him at work. (In the interim, I did speak with SEVERAL DC based Desi DJs, and they just didn't impress me.) My husband and I really liked Hemant's professionalism, style and skill.

Baraat: WAS AMAZING! We did a full mobile Baraat package (with dhol player), and Hemant and Nik ROCKED it. As my husband (and his family/friends) had never participated in a Baraat, Nik guided the groom's side into the best "block party" of their lives! Groom arrived on a horse, while the groomsmen added their own flair, by wearing tuxedos and throwing boomboxes on their shoulders. It was a wonderful display of fusion styles, just as we had hoped.

Ceremony: Hemant was familiar with our venue, Renaissance Capital View, which made the set up very smooth. We had an intercultural ceremony (first half American, second half Indian). He played various English wedding entrance songs yet switched over to Shehnai music when needed. He knew the appropriate songs to play at the right moments. It was helpful to us because he needed minimal instructions!

Reception: Everything was perfect. We had the gobo light with our names/date, and the room was beautiful. Hemant did a great job emceeing and he kept the crowd excited. Once the party/dancing started, he played a great mix of music and we danced the night away. Our guests still tell us that it was the best wedding they've attended! We are so happy that we chose Volcanik!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Aditi · Married on 05/11/2013

If we wrote a dream list of what we wanted out of a DJ, we wouldn't have even known to list some of the things DJ Volcanik did for us. These guys were exceptional and we will - and do! - unquestionably recommend them.

From start to finish, Ashish guided us, advised us and just kept us company through the process. We had a mixed wedding (half Indian-American, half Eastern European-American) that brought together people from New Jersey, Pittsburgh, another 10 states and four countries abroad. We needed music that would stitch all those people and all those cultures together across several events and Ashish and Saurav painstakingly did that pitch perfectly. The Baraat, or Groom's Procession, may be a traditional Indian thing, but at our wedding, the American groom and his side raucously owned it - thanks to Saurav's excellent leading and music selection. The music before, during and after the ceremony was flawlessly timed. At the cocktail hour, the music was the ideal ambient noise that encouraged mingling and conversation and during the reception, Saurav got so many of the 300 guests dancing that one of our guests tweeted, "Best wedding DJ ever!"

Outside of the music, Ashish created a beautiful logo to put on the wall of our ballroom. He set a beautiful scene w/ gorgeous LED lights, he used spotlights and roving heads to show off our Mandap, us on our first dance and our family during toasts. He helped us put together a soundtrack to a very personal slideshow and he held our hands through the occasionally trying exercise of making an itinerary. He was a sounding board for months on a variety of topics and not once did he ever express annoyance or say, "This isn't my job!" After the wedding, he has still been a huge resource for us. He is even helping us put together music for the videographer!

The guys at DJ Volcanik are more than mere wedding DJs. If you're smart, you'll call them.

Sent on 06/25/2013

These guys are professional, friendly, absolutely accessible via email at any time from booking to wedding day and totally made my wedding fabulous. Ashish was great throughout the planning process, from suggesting a wedding itinerary to picking out songs for introductions (which i told him to just wing it on the wedding day itself) to letting me know when i should walk down the aisle!! Seriously i have been to several weddings where all the pieces for a great party are right there and it falls apart because of the DJ or the MC. DJ volcanik was one of the best choices i made for our wedding and I am so grateful that i found them when i did. We even got them to add in glow sticks to our reception and when those came out the whole party went crazy. I have never seen so many "lightsaber" fights amongst children simultaneously. I found these guys during a dulhan fare and the only thing i was looking for in a vendor was someone young, professional, friendly, had a fresh feel and had a great voice (for MC-ing). These guys were everything that i needed and over the course of the planning Ashish maintained that feel and i never for a minute doubted that they would execute everything exactly. Also at the last minute our musical plan for the ceremony disintegrated and Ashish jumped right in and provided all the music for the ceremony although i gave him only a 48 hour notice. These guys are the best and you will not be disappointed. THANKS ASHISH!!!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Ruchi · Married on 04/07/2013

Hemant from Volcanik Entertainment is absolutely amazing.

My husband is from the UK, so Hemant made the extra effort to ensure he was involved in every meeting and any decisions made, whether it was through emails or phone calls to the UK. On top of that, my husband is Tamil and I am Gujarati, and we were having both ceremonies combined. So, I was a bit fearful as to how it would work out but Hemant managed it all. From the moment we started speaking to Hemant till the end of our event, he made us feel so comfortable and made us realise we had nothing to be concerned about. He made sure everything was discussed and even gave us suggestions on matters we didn't discuss. He gave us his recommendation on how our reception stage should be set up and in the end, we took his advise...everyone at the event said, it looked perfect!

As for the music during the reception…unbelievable!! My family does not dance at all. So, I was worried, I would have an empty dance floor but Hemant got the crowd all involved and even got my dad to dance (my dad has NEVER danced!!!) The dance floor was rocking all night that we even extended our time for the venue because people would not stop dancing! It felt like Hemant was our planner throughout the entire day and made sure everything was perfect. Hemant may be a vendor that offers entertainment services but he's different from other vendors as he makes you feel that you have a very good friend thats keeps everything in order and wants the best for you. I would highly recommend Volcanik Entertainment for any event!!

Sent on 04/17/2013

Seema · Married on 10/27/2012

We had the pleasure of working with Hemant and Rahul from Volcanik Entertainment for our destination Indian wedding at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, Florida in October 2012. We were searching for DJs for about 3-4 months and were down to the wire. My husband grew up in the NY metropolitan area and had very high standards regarding South Asian DJs. We interviewed several DJs from Florida and New York and we found Hemant to be very approachable, down-to-earth, and responsive. In contrast, when we spoke to other DJs many of them reminded us of pushy car salesmen or prima donnas who expected us to commit and sign a contract without being straightforward about the products they would provide and that were required by the rest of our wedding team. Hemant and Rahul were a joy to work with. They coordinated with our wedding decorator to make sure everything from audio to lights to music went off flawlessly for the wedding and reception. They communicated and integrated extremely well with our entire wedding team and our families. From a musical standpoint, their sound quality was excellent and met the needs of the large reception hall. They accommodated our very hectic schedules and when we were having difficulty picking out songs, they were able to pick them out perfectly for us. Our schedules were so hectic that we forgot to choose the final song of the night. What we were most touched by was that for this last song they remembered a remote conversation we had with them about a song that my husband’s late father used to sing to me and they played a remix of that song to end what was a spectacular night. I was almost in tears. They definitely energized the crowd and rocked the party!!!! We highly recommend them and are happy to provide a reference.

Sent on 04/17/2013