Volcanik Entertainment Reviews

103 | Piscataway, NJ

103 Reviews for Volcanik Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

103 Volcanik Entertainment Reviews

Rahul and Hemant were phenomenal. From start to finish we were thoroughly impressed. The uplighting that Rahul did transformed our wedding and reception into this majestic space. The Baraat was nothing short of a blast, their moving sound system and Dhol player definitely added the fun to the start of our wedding. My husband and our guests were dancing more than I could have ever expected. Our out of town guests told us that they had never seen a procession like that. Rahul and his team were so easy to work with and were full of great ideas to enhance our reception experience. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night, the music was just what we were looking for. Rahul had a great mix of new and old favorite songs. We couldn't be happier with Volcanik Entertainment team!

Tony · Married on 03/01/2014

Rahul's team Sourav and Jimmy did a phenomenal job. Sourav calibrated the music to fit our unique fusion wedding (Indian and Irish). The dance floor was constantly alive with people, dancing and reveling in the moment. The guest were out of breadth and could not stop talking about how long it's been since they danced like they did. The music was beyond amazing. It was addictive. I can't believe it went by so fast... But when your having so much fun.. You know what they say. If your looking for tailor made level of services on your day, then Volcanik is a must! Thanks guys, we'll never forget it!

Ankita and Neil · Married on 01/25/2014

Rahul and Hemant are the best Indian DJs. They made our wedding very memorable. They offer great quality service for an amazing price. I will only use Rahul and Hemant anytime I need an Indian DJ, regardless what type of function it is. I recommend Volcanik Entertainment to all couples getting married, not just Indian. They will entertain your party for the whole day!

Prisha · Married on 11/30/2013

We had a great experience with DJ Volcanik and his team. They were very professional the entire time and assured me not to worry about anything and they would take care of it. We made some last minute changes to music etc and Volcanik was very professional and assured me it would not be a problem at all. He was so easy to work with and listened to every detail that I asked for. I am a DJ as well and he let me DJ for a bit at my own reception which was really fun. I have worked with many DJ vendors and by far Volcanik is the best. He plays anything you want to hear and his transition in music is stellar. I highly recommend him if you want a REAL DJ. He and his team are not wedding DJ's at all. I felt like I was at a party and that's the experience we wanted to have.

Rahul and Hemant from Volcanik Entertainment were awesome!!! They were timely, professional, and really dedicated! Rahul helped me throughout in putting together songs for our sangeet and even made a mehndi song CD for me! Hemant was so great during the bharaat, wedding and reception. He has a great announcer's voice and annunciated very clearly! Not to mention their song selections were awesome and everyone had a great time!! I would highly recommend volcanik entertainment for your event!!!!!

Janki · Married on 08/10/2013

My husband and I chose Ashish from Dj Volcanik for music and lighting for all of our wedding events. From start to finish I couldn't have asked for a more patient and entertaining DJ. Most DJs are hard to get in touch with and don't give you to much input into your event. This wasn't the case with Ashish, he was beyond helpful from helping pick songs, colors for lighting, monograms and even showing me new ideas to make my lighting different to others, he even helped me with my timeline, and was more than patient when I sent him 101 changes daily!

The day of my garba Ashish and his team arrived on time and set up the lighting and their equipment, the lighting was perfect and the crowd didn't stop dancing until the party was over. The next morning we had our Baraat where Ashish set his equipment up on the back of a truck and was spinning the most upbeat music that got the crowd going. He even allowed my husband and some of his family onto the truck to dance, even with all of his expensive equipment right there! During the wedding he played all the right songs at the right time which set a perfect mood for my husband and I. Lastly we come to the reception, when ashish kept me calm with the last minute performance we had, and even surprised us with a cake sparkler as I forgot our cake topper! When I walked into that room I was shocked and amazed on how amazing the room looked. I must say the lighting made the room glow!! There wasn't a moment where the dance floor wasn't full even at 1am, from aunties and uncles to little kids, all ages!! He played all kinds of music that made everyone happy. He kept the crowed pumped and took any song request our family and friends asked for.

To this day people comment on how amazing the music and lighting was at our wedding and that hands down goes to Ashish. I wouldn't have ever chosen another Dj and now I am sure my family and friends will only be using Ashish for all of their events. Thank you so much for all you did!

Maggie · Married on 07/20/2013

The members of Volcanik Entertainment did a wonderful job. We had previously requested very specific music types to fit the cultures of our wedding party and guests - It was an American/West Indian wedding. They played a perfect mix of exactly what we wanted. The reception was scheduled to end at a particular and agreed upon time, to which they gladly surpassed and played through due to the excitement and high energy of our guests. We were told multiple times that our wedding was "the wedding of the year," and no one wanted it to end. We have to thank Volcanik for keeping the party going through the entire evening!!

Dhenu · Married on 07/14/2013

We met with Ashish from the beginning. He always had great advice, timelines, and helped bounce ideas back and forth. We had a typical Indian wedding starting with garba. Everyone had fun! The music was great not only during garba but kept the party going during breaks. During the Bharaat, we used the moving van and people are still talking about it. Everyone was pumped! The wedding had appropriate music and they were always paying attention in case we needed anything. The reception was a blast! Music had a good variety for young, old and everyone in middle. The part that stood out most was they were on top of everything! We needed to change the order of speeches/dances and they did it on their own and coordinated with the participants. They made sure the next group was ready or made appropriate changes. It was awesome to work with a responsible team.

Ami · Married on 06/22/2013

I cannot say enough great things about Volcanik Entertainment. I met with Hemant soon after I began the wedding planning process. He made everything super easy. Not only did he have awesome packages, but he suggested vendors that were right for my event.

Ashish, Arbob, and Smit did an amazing job the day of the wedding. They did a great job with the lighting without much direction. They were able to pick up themes, by looking at the decor, and adjusted them as needed. Then there was the music, they were able to mix Indian, Serbian and American music perfectly. All our guest have been raving about how great our DJ was and we could not agree more.

Monica · Married on 06/22/2013

I chose Volcanik for DJ/Lighting/and Baraat Music for our wedding in DC and can't be happier with that decision! Hemant is incredibly professional, talented, and hilarious - the perfect combination to keep a bride sane ;)

We spoke a few times leading up to the wedding so he could gather my expectations and he made great suggestions along the way. Hemant and Nick also came down for a site visit which was incredibly sweet and helped the process (don't worry if you're a bride that doesn't have time for many vendor visits though - I'm confident that Hemant/Sumeet would have been able to get it perfect from our conversations alone too). Hemant also worked well with our hotel sales staff to make sure he got everything he needed without stepping outside of our contract.

On the days of our events, I was taken away by how fantastic everything looked. Our lighting was incredibly unique, it was everything I wanted, and he went above our expectations. Since I was able to see our ballroom set-up before our Reception, he came over to check that it was set up correctly -- and it was! No changes needed...and that was huge for me bc I had a very specific vision.

What stole the show aside from lighting, was their music. To this day, my husband and his friends/family talk about how amazing the energy, music, and set-up of the Baraat was. I wouldn't go with anyone other than these guys ever for dhol and their DJ set up on the truck bed!!

For our reception, Hemant was a great MC - making sure he could pronounce everyone's name correctly - and keeping the program flowing and energy level high. Our dance music was perrrrfectly tailored to us too. We loved it, and the dance floor was never empty.

Thanks for being such a fantastic team to work with Volcanik!! To brides out there - Hemant walks you through his process very easily so don't feel like you need to know everything the moment you first talk to him...he'll help you get exactly what you need.

Kartik · Married on 06/01/2013

Hemant and the Volcanik team were exceptional - both at our engagement and wedding. I first met the Volcanik team at a friend’s wedding and used them for my engagement party and wedding reception. For both events, Hemant was extremely professional, responsive and, most importantly, easy to work with. He would ping us on the next ‘to dos’ to keep the process simple and to keep us on track for our special day. Additionally, he made a trip to the venue to go through logistics and, beyond that, advised us on non-DJ services (set up, lighting, decor and nuances in planning the event), considering our inexperience with planning large events.

On the day of the wedding, Hemant set the tone keeping everything on schedule, pumping up the crowd and making sure the event ran smoothly. He also thought of the small things, which could have been disastrous. For example, our venue forgot to provide us with a champagne toast; however, Hemant noticed this during the speech and brought us our champagne toast before the toast was given. This is just one example how Hemant experience proves invaluable and willingness to go beyond DJ’ing and emceeing.

I will continue to use Hemant for my future events and will recommend him and the Volcanik team to all of my family and friends. Hemant, thank you again for all your hard work and patience throughout the process; you and your team made our day exceptional.

Jeet · Married on 05/26/2013

From start to finish, Ashish (Volcanik Entertainment) provided excellent DJ services for our big day. His experience is obvious.

1. Baraat: Ashish provides an authentic dhol player and a van with a killer sound box, and they both play music in a coordinated way that flows well and gets people excited and dancing! He has also worked with a lot of the horse/carriage providers (my horse guy knew him on a first name basis) and so they already have a good working relationship that makes the whole procession go smoothly.

2. Wedding: The DJing for this was flawless. The songs we had selected for various segments played on queue always. The sound system set up in the wedding hall was excellent. He had already worked at our hotel, the Hanover Marriott, many times; the hotel event staff know him well and were happy we had chosen to work with him.

3. Reception: Everything was perfect about the night. Ashish did a great job of being the MC. As we waited outside for our entrance, we could feel the energy building up inside as DJ team got the crowd excited. The mixing and music for dancing time was top quality. And the light effects were awesome. Volkanik also provided a cool light gobo design of our names and event date to light up the ceiling.

Well before the wedding, Ashish made a point to ask us about our preferences about things. He was flexible in the planning, and he made sure that we were all on the same page about how the itinerary for the wedding events would be.

When you are hosting something as big as your wedding, it's important to choose people who are professional and have a good track record of delivering top service consistently.

Bottom line: We're very happy we chose Volkanik.

N · Married on 05/26/2013

Hemant of Volcanik Entertainment was absolutely amazing. The music is one thing - playing the perfect mix of bollywood, house, hip hop and 80s/90s favorites. The attention to detail was flawless, communicating with us on the specific songs and genre of music we wanted during our reception. Above that, the lighting was surreal. Volcanik was able to set up various lighting to turn a rustic 50 year old venue into a absolutely stunning, gorgeous, contemporary room. His accessibility, responsiveness to phone calls, texts and emails, and approachability was truly professional. I can't thank Hemant and Volcanik Entertainment enough for helping make my wedding the best night of my life.

Rita · Married on 05/25/2013

Choosing Volcanik as my wedding DJ/emcee was the BEST choice for my intercultural/fusion wedding! With an Indian-American bride and African-American Groom, we wanted to ensure that the music was reflective of both of our families and cultures. We needed Bhangra, we needed Line Dancing, and we needed a skilled DJ who had just the right amount of 'swagger' to pull it off. :)

Communication: I met Hemant at the South Asian Bridal Expo in Springfield, Virginia and stayed in touch. Two months later, he was DJ'ing a wedding in the DC area and invited us to come out and see him at work. (In the interim, I did speak with SEVERAL DC based Desi DJs, and they just didn't impress me.) My husband and I really liked Hemant's professionalism, style and skill.

Baraat: WAS AMAZING! We did a full mobile Baraat package (with dhol player), and Hemant and Nik ROCKED it. As my husband (and his family/friends) had never participated in a Baraat, Nik guided the groom's side into the best "block party" of their lives! Groom arrived on a horse, while the groomsmen added their own flair, by wearing tuxedos and throwing boomboxes on their shoulders. It was a wonderful display of fusion styles, just as we had hoped.

Ceremony: Hemant was familiar with our venue, Renaissance Capital View, which made the set up very smooth. We had an intercultural ceremony (first half American, second half Indian). He played various English wedding entrance songs yet switched over to Shehnai music when needed. He knew the appropriate songs to play at the right moments. It was helpful to us because he needed minimal instructions!

Reception: Everything was perfect. We had the gobo light with our names/date, and the room was beautiful. Hemant did a great job emceeing and he kept the crowd excited. Once the party/dancing started, he played a great mix of music and we danced the night away. Our guests still tell us that it was the best wedding they've attended! We are so happy that we chose Volcanik!!

Aditi · Married on 05/11/2013

If we wrote a dream list of what we wanted out of a DJ, we wouldn't have even known to list some of the things DJ Volcanik did for us. These guys were exceptional and we will - and do! - unquestionably recommend them.

From start to finish, Ashish guided us, advised us and just kept us company through the process. We had a mixed wedding (half Indian-American, half Eastern European-American) that brought together people from New Jersey, Pittsburgh, another 10 states and four countries abroad. We needed music that would stitch all those people and all those cultures together across several events and Ashish and Saurav painstakingly did that pitch perfectly. The Baraat, or Groom's Procession, may be a traditional Indian thing, but at our wedding, the American groom and his side raucously owned it - thanks to Saurav's excellent leading and music selection. The music before, during and after the ceremony was flawlessly timed. At the cocktail hour, the music was the ideal ambient noise that encouraged mingling and conversation and during the reception, Saurav got so many of the 300 guests dancing that one of our guests tweeted, "Best wedding DJ ever!"

Outside of the music, Ashish created a beautiful logo to put on the wall of our ballroom. He set a beautiful scene w/ gorgeous LED lights, he used spotlights and roving heads to show off our Mandap, us on our first dance and our family during toasts. He helped us put together a soundtrack to a very personal slideshow and he held our hands through the occasionally trying exercise of making an itinerary. He was a sounding board for months on a variety of topics and not once did he ever express annoyance or say, "This isn't my job!" After the wedding, he has still been a huge resource for us. He is even helping us put together music for the videographer!

The guys at DJ Volcanik are more than mere wedding DJs. If you're smart, you'll call them.

These guys are professional, friendly, absolutely accessible via email at any time from booking to wedding day and totally made my wedding fabulous. Ashish was great throughout the planning process, from suggesting a wedding itinerary to picking out songs for introductions (which i told him to just wing it on the wedding day itself) to letting me know when i should walk down the aisle!! Seriously i have been to several weddings where all the pieces for a great party are right there and it falls apart because of the DJ or the MC. DJ volcanik was one of the best choices i made for our wedding and I am so grateful that i found them when i did. We even got them to add in glow sticks to our reception and when those came out the whole party went crazy. I have never seen so many "lightsaber" fights amongst children simultaneously. I found these guys during a dulhan fare and the only thing i was looking for in a vendor was someone young, professional, friendly, had a fresh feel and had a great voice (for MC-ing). These guys were everything that i needed and over the course of the planning Ashish maintained that feel and i never for a minute doubted that they would execute everything exactly. Also at the last minute our musical plan for the ceremony disintegrated and Ashish jumped right in and provided all the music for the ceremony although i gave him only a 48 hour notice. These guys are the best and you will not be disappointed. THANKS ASHISH!!!

Ruchi · Married on 04/07/2013

Hemant from Volcanik Entertainment is absolutely amazing.

My husband is from the UK, so Hemant made the extra effort to ensure he was involved in every meeting and any decisions made, whether it was through emails or phone calls to the UK. On top of that, my husband is Tamil and I am Gujarati, and we were having both ceremonies combined. So, I was a bit fearful as to how it would work out but Hemant managed it all. From the moment we started speaking to Hemant till the end of our event, he made us feel so comfortable and made us realise we had nothing to be concerned about. He made sure everything was discussed and even gave us suggestions on matters we didn't discuss. He gave us his recommendation on how our reception stage should be set up and in the end, we took his advise...everyone at the event said, it looked perfect!

As for the music during the reception…unbelievable!! My family does not dance at all. So, I was worried, I would have an empty dance floor but Hemant got the crowd all involved and even got my dad to dance (my dad has NEVER danced!!!) The dance floor was rocking all night that we even extended our time for the venue because people would not stop dancing! It felt like Hemant was our planner throughout the entire day and made sure everything was perfect. Hemant may be a vendor that offers entertainment services but he's different from other vendors as he makes you feel that you have a very good friend thats keeps everything in order and wants the best for you. I would highly recommend Volcanik Entertainment for any event!!

Seema · Married on 10/27/2012

We had the pleasure of working with Hemant and Rahul from Volcanik Entertainment for our destination Indian wedding at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, Florida in October 2012. We were searching for DJs for about 3-4 months and were down to the wire. My husband grew up in the NY metropolitan area and had very high standards regarding South Asian DJs. We interviewed several DJs from Florida and New York and we found Hemant to be very approachable, down-to-earth, and responsive. In contrast, when we spoke to other DJs many of them reminded us of pushy car salesmen or prima donnas who expected us to commit and sign a contract without being straightforward about the products they would provide and that were required by the rest of our wedding team. Hemant and Rahul were a joy to work with. They coordinated with our wedding decorator to make sure everything from audio to lights to music went off flawlessly for the wedding and reception. They communicated and integrated extremely well with our entire wedding team and our families. From a musical standpoint, their sound quality was excellent and met the needs of the large reception hall. They accommodated our very hectic schedules and when we were having difficulty picking out songs, they were able to pick them out perfectly for us. Our schedules were so hectic that we forgot to choose the final song of the night. What we were most touched by was that for this last song they remembered a remote conversation we had with them about a song that my husband’s late father used to sing to me and they played a remix of that song to end what was a spectacular night. I was almost in tears. They definitely energized the crowd and rocked the party!!!! We highly recommend them and are happy to provide a reference.

Mary Claire · Married on 10/20/2012

Working with Hemant from Volcanik was great! Leading up to the wedding, he came to meet with me and review the entire day's festivities and what music we were looking to include during the ceremony and reception. He had great suggestions for entry songs, ceremony music, and reception music. He made sure our exact preferences were included, that he had the right detailed itinerary with timing and songs, and from there, he took care of the rest. The night went flawlessly!

P · Married on 10/20/2012

Volcanik entertainment truly did an amazing job at our wedding. They were recommended to us by 4 of our friends who were immensely happy with them at their weddings. We also had a wonderful experience working with them. We were in touch with Ashish throughout the planning process. He was professional, easy to work with, and went out of his way to make it a flawless day. He navigated through a myriad of suggestions/opinions from aunties/uncles, parents, friends, and us with ease. After going through the stress of planning an Indian wedding, this is exactly what every bride needs. Additionally, we also used their lighting which really improved the whole look of our wedding venue. But of course, what matters the most, is how phenomenal the music was. All we kept hearing from our friends and aunties/uncles was how good the DJ was and how much fun the wedding was. To our surprise, he also had this absolutely amazing dhol player who played alongside the music which really kicked up our reception.

Avani · Married on 09/02/2012

Hello Brides! I married the man of my dreams on Sept. 2nd, 2012. In retrospect, I now I see the value of having vendors you trust, enjoy working with and who are passionate about their work. We hired Ashish and Hemant and their team with our lighting, and music for our Engagement, Garba, Wedding and Reception. They deserve a standing ovation for their skill, professionalism and joy to work with. As a detail oriented Bride, I basically had every minute of each ceremony planned with a vision of how I wanted it to be... whether it be with the spot lighting, backdrop, the first impression of the reception hall when guests walked in... to of course the music... where I wanted every part of my wedding and festivities to have appropriate yet fun music where all of our guests can enjoy... You'll find that many vendors can take advantage of you as a bride because they know you need them more then they need you... but Hemant and Ashish were nothing close to that. They met me and my husband numerous times prior to the wedding and made sure they understood what we wanted, because they genuinely wanted to see us happy. Our lighting at the reception took everyone's breathe away... if you want a "WOW" vendor... these are your people. We had our ceremony and reception in the same room, and I was initially nervous that the guests would feel like it's the same room and be bored, but that wasn't the case at all. The wedding ceremony was well lit, and the music in the background was traditional yet upbeat, so it prevented many guests to talk in the background. Then, for the reception, the mood was very seductive and intimate with pink and blue lights beaming to the ceiling. We enjoyed every second of the reception (and didn't have any microphone bloopers or anything like that)... Our guests loved loved loved the music! Ashish made sure to play music which everyone could enjoy... regardless of age and ethnicity. We loved Hemant and Ashish - they made our wedding spectacular.

Samata · Married on 08/25/2012

I heard about Hemant and Ashish from my brother in laws cousin. After meeting with Hemant and several other vendors, we decided to go with Hemant based on his cultural awareness of interracial weddings. Hemant took the initiative to research my husband's background and provided a very nice over-and-above touch to decorate the DJ car in Steelers paraphernalia to lead the Baraat. All of my husband's guests were very happy with this thoughtful inclusion. The wedding ceremony was very smooth and Hemant was able to follow a very specific schedule/set of songs provided by the families/wedding party. He also selected and played appropriate music for the cocktail hour. Our wedding reception was fabulous and everyone had a great time! Hemant and was able to engage the guests with the MC portion of the evening. Also planning a wedding requires a lot of work and there are some things better left to the vendors you hire to take care of (remember they do this as their full time jobs!!). We did not want to nor did we have to provide Hemant with a laundry list of songs we did and did not want played. Rather we were able to give them direction on the types of music we liked/didn't like and a set of 5-7 songs we definitely wanted played throughout the evening. The music was great and the dance floor was packed! I would highly recommend Hemant and his team for MC/DJ Services.

Meghana · Married on 08/12/2012

Hemant Patel and his associates were the best DJs ever. Hemant was absolutely the best person to work with. He gave us exactly what we wanted and was extremely responsive, accommodating, and professional. My husband is a mid-western boy and I am the total opposite - Hemant was able to capture this in the music he played. I would highly, highly recommend him to any one who is looking for a DJ.

• User3208998 · 2+ years ago

The entire Volcanik Ent crew was so helpful in executing each and every detail of our wedding and reception, even all the prewedding events leading up to our big day. Our prewedding events were so much fun, they kept all our guests entertained late into the night from a tropical theme party to my Mehndi party on a yacht on the Fourth of July, guests were complimenting us on how much fun they had all week and how they loved our Dj. In addition, their passion for lighting, sound and special effects made our events unique and was beyond all my expectations. They diligently worked overnight to make our wedding and reception look flawless. Hemant was the MC of our reception, he brought so much enthusiasm and energy to lift up a crowd of 1200 guests! It truely amazes me how he made the program for the evening flow so eloquently. In addition, Ashish shut down the streets of philadelphia with all the guests dancing for over an hour in the July heat for the bharaat, it was something you only see in the movies but it was a dream come true for my husband. I have to also thank Rahul, Nick, Sourav for their tireless efforts behind the scenes in making sure everything was perfect. Lastly, our beautiful wedding cake was made by Buddy from Carlos Bakery Hoboken. Hemant worked with Buddy and his team to create special lighting and special effects for the big unveil of our cake the night of our reception.

I wouldn't have had it any other way, thank you for all your being such an amazing team to work with for our dream wedding! Dj Volcanik is the best in the industry!

Manoj and Julie · Married on 04/14/2012

When going to any reception, what are the things that you note and comment the most on? Food, location, and ENTERTAINMENT. During our vendor selection, we wanted to find a reputable and experienced entertainment group to work with and provide a fun environment for all of our guests. We learned about Volcanik Entertainment through a family member and we are glad that we worked with them.

From the start, they were very professional and responsive to all of our questions that we had. Along with our supplied direction for our reception, they provided a great amount of their own creative input. At times where we did not know where to start, Volcanik took the time to guide us through the process and make sure that everyone was on board and happy. They gave us the comforting feeling of “been there and done that”. In addition, out of all other vendors we worked with, we felt that we did not have to follow up with them and direct them.

The result: Excellent MC’ing, lighting and music that you would probably only see at a famous NY or Miami night club. They drew incredible enthusiasm and energy during the entire night from the reception crowd. We received so many compliments from our guests on how good the entertainment was! Even as the newly married couple, who worked with Volcanik from the start and knew what our package included -- we were taken aback how well they put everything together.

The only complaints we ever heard was that peoples’ feet were hurting the next day because they danced so much…