Viva Max Weddings Reviews

28 | New York, NY

28 Reviews for Viva Max Weddings

28 Viva Max Weddings Reviews

Susan · Married on 05/27/2017

Viva is a smart, caring, experienced wedding planner, wise beyond her years, and I cannot imagine having helped my daughter plan her wedding without her! We did our research before hiring a planner. My daughter, her fiancé and I agreed that Viva offered what we needed most, organization and attention to the details, not just for the day of, but also during the long process of planning. Organization is a strong point for Viva, but the added bonus is that she also made sure that she understood our two families’ priorities as well as my daughter’s personal style. She helped see that the style and feel was consistent through out, working with the entire vendor team. Her past experience in various areas of the business was a great asset, but she never let her ego get in the way of finding the best solution. She is a great communicator and team builder. She also thought ahead about the guests’, many from out of town, and wedding party’s experiences throughout the weekend, which was important to us as hosts. She was conscious of our budget and helped us stay on course when making tough decisions. Although she worked closely with me on the tasks I was handling, she was also communicating with my daughter and her fiancé who lived in a different city, and made sure that their wishes and priorities were foremost in the planning. We thankfully contracted to have her help with the rehearsal dinner and the next day brunch. It was well worth it and both families loved working with her. We also have praise for the rest of her team, some with whom we worked with during planning and others who we met the day of the wedding. I could go on about Viva’s many talents, her work ethic and persistence, her calm and patience. She is fun to be with! All of these qualities were most appreciated by my daughter and my son-in-law, by me, an exacting perfectionist, and by our entire family, young and “older”. We heartily recommend Viva Max Weddings!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Oh, it was such a joy spending time with you and your family this past year. You are such kind-hearted people and I'm honored to have been part of this planning process. Thank you.

Joachim · Married on 11/12/2016

Book Viva. She will make everything much easier for you. By far the easiest person in the world to get along with and work with.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Aww ❤️ Miss you two!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/15/2016

We hired Viva to plan our wedding and could not have been happier! She immediately understood what we were looking for and helped us put together a wedding that was even better than we had ever imagined. Viva is incredibly organized and kept us on track and ensured that nothing slipped through the cracks. She helped us to identify the perfect vendors for our wedding and ensured that they all worked together seamlessly. Viva was also a pleasure to work with--she was always cheerful and professional, no matter how busy or stressful things were. We really enjoyed working with Viva and our wedding was the beautiful, fun party that we had hoped for! We highly recommend Viva to anyone looking for a planner.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Oh thank you so much Elizabeth. It was such a pleasure working with you and Ron. I appreciate the kind words.

Ranjan · Married on 09/18/2016

Viva was phenomenal. She helped us through every stage of our planning process, from deciding on an aesthetic to selecting vendors and then facilitating negotiations. Not to mention her tremendous help with the event itself on the day of (and the days prior). She is tremendously organized and also has the ability to put herself in your shoes and see your aesthetic -- which makes finding the right vendors a much easier and more streamlined process. On top of all of that, she's an absolute joy to work with! We love Viva and would recommend her to anyone looking for a planner.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Ohhhh thanks so much. I loved every moment of your wedding planning - you two are amazing. Thank you.

Claire and Michael · Married on 06/01/2016

We cannot speak highly enough of Viva. We found her after having a poor experience with a different wedding planner at a lower price point, and as soon as we started working with her we had complete confidence in her ability. What perhaps illustrates this is the fact that we were having a destination wedding in NYC and planned it from London - Viva conducted such thorough research into all vendor options (photographs of venues, videos of venues , spreadsheets, comparison tables) that we never once doubted that our wedding would be anything but amazing even though we were making all decisions remotely. She is also great at the logistics side – developing our schedule, timings etc, and ultimately revising this on numerous occasions as the day took shape.
    She has a solution to every potential issue, for example, we hoped to have a brief drinks in a restaurant which did not take bookings - this wasn't an obstacle as Viva sent her staff ahead to snag a few tables and so when we arrived seating ran smoothly. She is thoroughly organised (we had a light rain plan, a heavy rain plan, and all vendors on board with each one), always a step ahead (She RAN through Central Park to ensure we had our sunglasses for our gondola ride, and made it to the jetty just as we were saying “ahh what a shame we don’t have our sunglasses!), creative and always willing to go the extra mile (She took some last minute jobs off our hands in the final weeks). She has many contacts in industry and could always give honest opinions about what we could expect at each price point and whether or not she thought this would fit our vision or suit our guests. She was very responsive to our communication, including dealing with issues at 9pm on the eve of the wedding when we had run out of steam to manage them ourselves.
    Viva continued to be amazingly organised and hard working on our wedding day. I could write another paragraph but am running out of space! We couldnt have done it without you Viva Max!

Grace · Married on 09/03/2015

It's not the easiest thing to do, to find the right planner for your wedding. So much is at stake. We did a lot of research, read a lot of reviews and interviewed a few. When we met Viva, we knew she was the one. She was lively, informative, patient (she spent more than an hour and half with us, answering all our questions in detail) and most of all, totally in love with what she does. When someone has that amount of passion for her job, you know you can't go wrong. We booked her for partial planning and she guided us along the way with helpful tips and advice. She was available to meet with us on several occasions when we need her guidance and helped create a perfect schedule for our day.

Viva was absolutely amazing on the day of our wedding. We had an especially long wedding day with a lot of vendors and she managed everything perfectly. There was a lot to handle on the day of and I couldn't imagine doing it without her. She made sure all the vendors knew what to do and when, the florals and decor was aligned to our vision (we were very particular and she was conscious of it) and she made sure we were always on time and knew where to be. Viva did all of this with such ease and calm. Our day ran smoothly because of her and we couldn't be more grateful. Thank you Viva!!!

linda · Married on 03/21/2015

It might be unusual for a mother of the bride to write a review, but I want to let others know that Viva Max is amazing, professional, patient, talented, creative, kind and just about any wonderful adjective you can think of. My daughter selected her and I was a bit worried about whether this event would come together, but I could not have been happier with the final product. Everything was thought of, prepared for, executed perfectly and gave us a dream wedding. She even had a steamer for the gown before the ceremony!! I would not hesitate to work with her again or recommend her to anyone planning an event. I thought I was good at event planning, but Viva has my respect, appreciation, and thanks for making a memory for a lifetime.

Erica · Married on 03/21/2015

Viva is absolutely WONDERFUL-- there is nobody better to have on your team as you plan your wedding! She happens to be a lovely person to work with, but beyond that, she really got to know us as a couple and made recommendations based on who we are. She also made creative and fun recommendations for things we didn't realize we wanted but were fabulous additions to our big day! She was great at seeing the best places to spend or save money to really get the most out of our budget. Viva knows this stuff inside and out -- she saved us so much time and money by knowing exactly how to navigate negotiations and pick vendors wisely. All of her recommendations were spot-on and the day-of coordination was priceless -- we didn't worry about a thing and everything was taken care of. She is simply the best!

Sarah · Married on 11/29/2014

I don't even know where to begin. Viva Max was AMAZING. During every step of the process Viva was organized, poised and knowledgeable. She helped us find vendors, review contracts, and she kept us organized along the way. She knew what to do when, what needed prioritizing and what could wait. In short, she made our wedding possible. On the day of she was calm, collected and indispensable. If you are on the fence about getting a wedding planner, do it! And choose Viva! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Thank you Sarah. You had a beautiful wedding. I am so glad I was a part of such a great day!

My husband and I loved working with Viva. She was the best investment we made for our wedding. She is knowledgeable, organized, and enthusiastic. We felt that she went above and beyond to make our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be. We could not have done it by ourselves. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Kristel and Jason. I loved having the opportunity to grow close to you both. Miss you two!

Sara · Married on 08/23/2014

Viva is a wedding planning MACHINE. I interviewed a handful of other planners on the phone, but immediately knew that I wanted to work with Viva because she got down to business right from the very start. Most planners seemed to give me fluff, but Viva quickly began to ask me tons of questions that really helped me realize what I truly wanted from my wedding. She was always one (or twenty) steps ahead of me. I knew that I had made the right decision when we went to have a drink at our venue to casually scope it out, and before we even got on the elevator, Viva was asking the staff questions in order to gather as much information as possible. Her super go-get-'em attitude continued to the day of the reception, when she went on a mission to find me a clutch to hold my stuff as I was getting my hair and makeup done, and somehow managed to find the perfect one at a thrift store!

Full disclosure: I’m not exactly a super-serious, get-down-to-business type when it comes to things outside of my career, so I really needed someone with a more no-nonsense attitude in order to pull off a big wedding. Thankfully, Viva always kept me on track and made sure that nothing slipped between the cracks! Although she works hard, Viva is still super sweet, funny, and surprisngly calm, which always made it a pleasure to be around her. She also never did a single thing without getting my approval first, although I often just told her to go with what she thought because I fully trusted her, and I’m grateful that she was willing to take the decision-making pressure off me when need be. My guests told me that I had one of the most unique and personalized weddings that they had ever been to, and I couldn’t have done it without the help of Viva’s out-of-the-box ideas. She had a solution to every problem, and I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. (Thanks, Viva!!!!!)

Sent on 11/20/2014

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Wowzers - this is so sweet Sara, thank you. From golden pompoms and family recipes to the city skyline and a great dance party - it was a really special night. Please thank your now father-in-law for the two-step lesson! It was a joy working with you both. Hugs.

Emily · Married on 06/28/2014

Our wedding was just three weeks ago, so it is very fresh in my mind. Viva was amazing. We contacted her just about three months before the date and had a vision of the day and most of the vendors selected, but had not really understood the level of planning that makes it all come together on the day of. That is where Viva's skills really shine.

She turned our plans into spreadsheets and budgets, so we could see exactly what was left to do at all times. She anticipated needs we wouldn't have thought of. Most importantly, she and her assistant managed all of the vendors, logistics and set-up on the day of the wedding, so we could actually enjoy our wedding without stressing about any of the details. Viva also provided the vendor for the flower arranging who took our vision of using only lavender from a farm we love in Long Island and made it look absolutely beautiful.

It takes trust to hand over so many aspects of one of the most important days of one's life to someone else, however, it was 100% the right decision. Viva was a great coach, cheerleader and, when needed, sergeant-at-arms who was professionally and personally invested on making sure our wedding day was perfect.

I recommend her highly!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

It was such a delight. I loved working with you and Anne. Thank you so much.

Caitlin · Married on 06/28/2014

Our wedding was on September 13th and Viva killed it!! We were planning a relatively large (~190 people) Brooklyn loft style wedding at the Greenpoint loft and Viva managed to make many of the complexities of a loft wedding (valet parking in Greenpoint where there are no lots, slow elevators in the building, tricky bathroom situation, careful food planning with a temporary kitchen etc.) easy. She is extremely responsive, thoughtful, and was actually the one hounding me and my husband because we took the "low key" thing a bit too far and she likes to have the details in order! As we got closer to the date and were trying to work out flowers and decor within our tight budget Viva jumped in and was able to find us a bunch of wonderful replacements for otherwise expensive items. On the day of the event I was blown away by all the work her team had done in coordination with the florist to sprinkle flowers, weave vines, place candles, and generally make the place look awesome within our budget. If ever I mentioned anything I was interested in or hoping for she would always follow up and made sure we had everything perfectly set for the day.
    The best thing about Viva though was her ability to manage both of our families on the day of the weeding so well (and they are VERY different). We were each told separately by our parents how impressed they were with Viva. My husband's mom was very worried about packing up all the stuff she wanted to bring home at the end of the night and was blown away that Viva had already set it all up for her and even had someone bring the items to her car (who knows how Viva even knew where to send them but somehow she did). His mom felt like she could just relax and enjoy as soon as she met Viva while we were getting ready earlier in the day and saw how on top of everything she was. Also, after the wedding my dad actually came up to me and said "I can't wait for another kid of mine to get married (there are 4 of us) so Viva can plan that too.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Oh goodness, thank you so much Caitlin. It was so lovely working with you two "low key" love birds. Your families were so sweet and fun -- I am so happy I was able to be a part of your amazing party. Ummm your crowd surfing was unreal. xo

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2014

We used Viva for pre-wedding prep and day-of coordination. She is the absolute best at what she does, and is so easy to work with. Everything on the day of the wedding was perfect, thanks in no small part to both Viva's amazing coordination, and also her work in the month leading up to the wedding, helping to make sure we thought of every contingency, and were prepared for any issue that might arise. Not only is she amazing working with other vendors, she is also great at working with family and guests! Many family members raved about how calm, thoughtful and attentive Viva was throughout the wedding day, even though she had a million things to keep straight. She's an absolute joy to work with, and it's because of her that my husband and I and our family members were able to be fully present and enjoy our amazing day. Thank you Viva!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Oh Lizzie your wedding was amazing! It was so nice spending time with you both leading up to the day. Thank you for having me be a part of your planning process.

We call her The Amazing Viva because there’s nothing she can’t do. My daughter’s wedding venue was a blank event space with a menu of food from all of her favorite restaurants. Sounds like fun, but logistically it could have been an impossible task as well as a nightmare. Somehow Viva did it flawlessly. She actually coordinated twenty-six different vendors to bring the event to life. Things that would be daunting to most people, Viva takes in stride because nothing ruffles her calm, reassuring, and professional demeanor. The wedding day schedule she developed was as detailed and precise as a military planning operation. A seasoned professional in the wedding industry, every one of the recommended vendors from her curated list was extraordinary as well. Viva was delightful to work with, resourceful, creative, mindful of budgets, generous with her time, always available via email, and just fantastic in every way. I do not think that anyone who has not previously planned a wedding understands the vital importance of having a wedding planner. Viva truly was the most indispensable part of this event. We were all able to relax and enjoy the day and our guests to the fullest extent because we knew that Viva was in charge! We LOVED her – you will too!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Oh thank you so much! It was such a pleasure.

We just had one of THE most incredible weddings ever...thanks to Viva!

The bride and groom are temporarily assigned to London, so (as the father of the bride) I became the primary local point person here in New York.

We took over Brooklyn Bowl and had over 300 guests. Viva was absolutely incredible in how she planned every detail, and the execution was flawless. From the rehearsal dinner in Brooklyn Heights, to the wedding service right in the venue, to the conversion over to the cocktail hour with live music , to the "over-the top" celebration with an 11 piece killer band...to the brunch the next morning. Not one detail was missed.

Viva was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is cool, calm and confident. She surrounded us with vendors all cut from that same mold. Both the mother of the groom and I could not be happier!!! And, oh yeah...the bride and groom are absolutely on "cloud nine". All their friends from childhood, to college , to work have not stopped calling and raving.

This was truly THE most unique and THE most fun celebration that any guest has ever experienced.

It takes a lot of hard work and talent to pull off an affair like this, and our newest BFF, VIVA!!!!, gets the lion's share of the credit.

Thanks Viva, we love you and we are thrilled!!!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

You guys are amazing. I feel lucky I got to be a part of this special day. BFF!!!

Kalinda · Married on 08/14/2013

Viva was without a doubt, a total and complete lifesaver and made our dream wedding a reality! After firing our previous wedding planner four months into planning, my husband and I were looking for someone to help us pick up the pieces and help us move forward. Viva was recommended by a friend and from the instant we first spoke to her, we were very impressed. My husband and I live in LA but were getting married in NYC, so we wanted someone who could be on the ground over there. Even though we were working long distance, Viva made the process easy and stress free. She was always reachable and great about responding to emails -- never leaving us hanging. Viva was organized and diligent, helping us keep up with our timeline and due dates for tasks. She helped find us amazing vendors and was always willing to give an honest opinion when we asked her. On the day of the event itself, Viva could not have been more helpful in keeping things running smoothly. Oh, and did I mention she's also just a terrific person? Kind and funny and easy to talk to. My husband and I could not recommend her and her services enough!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

Oh this is so sweet. Thank you Kalinda! You had such a beautiful wedding vision - it was so fun bringing it to life. Miss you guys.

Dena · Married on 07/20/2013

We couldn't possibly have had such a great wedding without Viva. Viva helped us organize everything -- from the caterer to the DJ to the best place to buy wine. She also kept us organized and on schedule, and was fun to work with the whole time! On the day of, Viva made our venue beautiful and did everything from greeting our guests to making sure I actually put my dress on on time -- which, incidentally, is quite important. Even when it started raining (after our chairs were set up outside!), she didn't falter and made sure that everything went smoothly nonetheless. You're doing yourself a huge service by hiring Viva. She'll make your wedding awesome and she'll come up with creative solutions to any problems that arise.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Viva Max Weddings's reply:

You had such a lovely wedding. Thank you for including me.

Susan · Married on 07/02/2011

Viva is very creative and easy to work with. She will help you plan a wedding that is personal and memorable.

Viva is a special person whose effect I call "Vivatizing" because when she is involved suddenly everything has a spark and is basically more fun. Viva was there for me from the moment my very first ideas about my wedding were taking shape until the very last table was broken down. She made my day absolutely flawless. In fact, we had a porta-potty malfunction that I didn't even find out about until months later because Viva somehow solved the problem! Viva will make your wedding more fun and relaxing.

Laura · Married on 11/27/2010

Viva was truly wonderful! I travel a lot for work and was out of town during crucial planning times. Viva was always available, no matter what time zone I was in, and she was always helpful and responsive. She is incredibly organized and incredibly kind. She has a real passion for what she does and it really shows in the quality of her work. Our big day went off without a hitch and I credit that to Viva. We really couldn't have done it without her. Also, the day of the wedding she was incredibly calm, being the bride, she really helped me to relax because I knew she had everything under control. I was really able to enjoy my day without worries. I would recommend her to anyone! Thanks Viva! We love you!

Megan · Married on 08/14/2010

Viva Max Kaley is the ultimate team player. I could not have known prior to my own wedding how crucial this is to the success of your day. With an event as complicated as the average wedding, you need someone who is able to inspire your other vendors to be the best they can be—for you, a relative stranger. By building a team out of our vendors, Viva made this happen for us. Her professionalism and charisma wowed us and the rest of the people we'd hired. (Just FYI, our wedding was 130 people.)
    She's also fun to work with, she knows great service providers in every category if you're looking for recs, and is accessible in the extreme. In the final months leading up to the wedding, she took over all my planning correspondence, which allowed me to relax and enjoy my own process of getting ready for the big day. My husband and I enthusiastically recommend her to anyone we know looking for a wedding planner and I'm delighted to be endorsing her on this site.

Ariella · Married on 06/19/2010

I asked Viva to help me in the last sprint of my wedding planning process - the 3 weeks before. Believe it or not, I still hadn't chosen my cake or flower design, or thought about my place cards. Viva exceeded my wildest dreams in terms of her professionalism, attention to detail and wedding planning expertise. She helped me get everything in order and I really felt like she cared about making my wedding very special.

I couldn't imagine having my wedding without Viva there making sure everything is going smoothly. On the day of, she helped me with everything from cleaning my dress when I got it dirty, to directing guests to making sure all the load in was on time and proceeding efficiently. Everyone in my family loved her and she is a pleasure to work with. I can't recommend her enough!!

Keith · Married on 04/10/2010

Viva was a ROCKSTAR and the most vital part of our wedding! She did such an amazing job, and was willing to travel to Austin, TX from NYC to help us out. She met with us in person a few times, was always smiling, had great thoughts and suggestions, and was super organized and on the ball. I can't imagine that planners get any better than Viva - no matter the price (even though she was a great value)!
    PS. I'm the groom and I was heavily involved in the wedding process - but my wife love love loved her too and so did our other wedding participants!

Meagan · Married on 02/20/2010

Viva is awesome! She helped us keep our wedding ours. Viva was able to take an idea we had and make it reality. She's also an excellent resource in everything wedding, she knew where to go to find those special details that made our wedding perfect. Viva knew and thought about particulars that we would never have thought of, making us feel calm and in control of our wedding planning.