Visage Joli Airbrush Makeup & Hair Chicago Reviews

60 | Chicago, IL

60 Reviews for Visage Joli Airbrush Makeup & Hair Chicago

Christine · Married on 06/29/2013

We all looked beautiful and very pleased with our makeup. It was the best makeup job we ever had.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Pamela · Married on 05/19/2013

So easy to work with and excellent eye for color and makeup style. Did a wonderful job with the wide variety of skin tones and personal styles of our wedding party. Truly an artist.

Sent on 11/20/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/04/2013

So professional! Did exactly what I asked for and made the service fun!

Sent on 05/06/2013
  • gabmarie1029@gmail.com

Gabrielle · Married on 03/16/2013

My makeup looked great for my wedding, I was really happy that picked Wendy for the job. Thanks, Wendy!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Wendy is phenomenal--friendly and professional. She did the makeup for my wedding in August. Most importantly, she showed up. She showed up on time. She worked quickly. And she did a great job. My hairstylist also happens to be a makeup artist, and I overheard her telling her assistant how fantastic Wendy is--she said she could learn a thing or two from her. She did very natural makeup that showed up in photographs without looking garish in person. Our makeup lasted (in some cases) from 7am to 11pm. My bridal party was complicated--we had two dark skinned black women, two medium skinned black women, a light skinned black woman, a Latina, and a South Asian and Wendy matched each of us flawlessly. I still email her to ask what products she used.

Sent on 09/29/2012

Reena · Married on 08/11/2012

Wendy and Jennifer did an absolutely fabulous job on for my makeup and hair on my wedding day. They were able to transform me into a traditional Indian bride for the wedding, and then transition me into Bollywood glamour for the reception. These were both the looks I had hoped for on my wedding day. Wendy is very knowledgeable about the makeup looks for Indian brides and she did alot of research on the look I was trying to achieve. She also kept in contact with me about new methods for makeup application which was very helpful and reassuring to me as a nervous bride. Jennifer worked on my hair and she nailed both my looks for the wedding and reception as well. Both Jennifer and Wendy kept be calm and helped me complete getting dressed for the big day. I could not have been happier with their work on me!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Laura · Married on 08/04/2012

Visage Joli and Wendy were absolutely AMAZING!! Myself, my Matron of Honor, my sister-in-law, both mothers, and my two sisters all had our makeup done by Wendy. My mother and sisters were a bit hesitant to get their makeup done professionally as none of them wear makeup on a normal basis. Wendy was so wonderful with them! She made them feel comfortable, explained exactly what she was planning on doing, listened to their feedback, and was overall very calming for them. The end result was FABULOUS!! Now, it being my own wedding day, I know Wendy made me look absolutely beautiful, but I cannot say enough about how STUNNING my mother looked!! She was flawless!! Wendy, and Visage Joli, are a joy to work with! I would recommend them to everyone I know that needs beautiful professional makeup done for any occasion! One other thing I loved about Visage Joli was that they came to us, so it eliminated all the stress of traveling to and from the salon. We were able to drink champagne, listen to music, and have a wonderful fun wedding morning! I absolutely love Wendy and Visage Joli!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2012

kim · Married on 05/05/2012

I have so many wonderful things to say about Wendy! She’s a pleasure to work with, extremely talented, and just an all around good person. You need to find the best in the industry to do your makeup for your wedding and Wendy is the BEST! She gave me some beauty tips and advised me on what shades would look good based on the look I wanted and with my skin tone not just for my wedding but also for other fun nights out. I had 2 flower girls and 2 young junior bridesmaids who just needed light lip gloss and blush and she did their makeup complimentary. I wanted the little girls to feel special and have makeup done too and all other people I talked to would do only do 1 flower girl complimentary and would have charged a lot for the other little ones. I would have gone with Wendy if she charged for all of the little girls or not but it’s important to mention she’s understanding and does not try to take advantage of you. She made everyone look absolutely beautiful and I highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 06/01/2012
  • F

F. · Married on 04/07/2012

Wendy & Jean were absolutely amazing. They spent the day and evening with us so that we could look perfect all the time ! My family loved them especially the Moms, who looked & felt beautiful.
    Our makeup and hair lasted perfectly through tears, outdoor photos and dancing. I have been airbrushed before but not so perfectly as Wendy's work. It looked amazing & felt like nothing was on my skin. Hiring Visage Joli was one of the best decisions that I made for my wedding !

Sent on 04/29/2012

Glenda · Married on 09/17/2011

Both of these ladies have a tremendous amount of expertise. They
    can work with a variety of skin and hair types, and they also had a lot
    of patience and really worked hard to please each person. We had a lot
    of fun getting ready, and everyone in the bridal party looked fantastic!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 07/16/2011

Wendy is very experienced. I felt comfortable giving her the lead to figure out what make up works best for me. She did a wonderful job. For the exception of my lipstick, I never had to reapply. It was a hot day but my make up didn't budge, yet I didn't feel it on my face.

Sent on 08/25/2011

Jess · Married on 04/02/2011

Wendy was amazing! She was the first vendor to respond back to my inquiry emails, and she was very flexible when I asked if we could change the time/location. The final product was more lovely than I could have expected...I didn't think I could look like that :) The make-up lasted all night (from 3:30 PM to 2:00 AM), even the lipstick, with no need to reapply. She was very personable and welcoming. Her prices were very resonable compared to other vendors in the area, especially for the service and quality I received.

Sent on 06/02/2011

Sara · Married on 01/08/2011

Visage Joli was absolutely wonderful on my wedding day. My bridesmaids and I looked fabulous and my mom/groom's mom's hair and makeup looked great - not too overdone but just enough to give them something extra.
    I would highly suggest using Visage Joli for your hair and makeup. I loved how they came to me and scheduled all the hair/makeup times so I didn't have to do anything.
    Wendy and Ginger were also very open to any changes or suggestions me or my bridesmaids had. A month before my wedding I had a hair and makeup trial with Wendy and Ginger and I knew exactly what to expect on my wedding day. Plus my hair and makeup from the trial stayed perfect through 8 hours of work plus walking my dog in the snow!
    I received so many compliments on my wedding day/night about how great I looked! I would not have been as relaxed as I was had Wendy and Ginger not taken care of me so well.

Sent on 01/19/2011

Joanne · Married on 01/01/2011

Visage Joli is amazing. Not only does Wendy have an amazing background, what really sets her apart is her artistic talent. Wendy uses your face like a canvas and accentuates all your best features. Having Asian eyes, no one could ever correctly put eyeshadow on. Wendy is a true artist and was able to create such depth to my eyes! She uses airbrush makeup that makes your face look flawless! Her makeup is so beautifully put on, and it stays on through anything! From tears shed walking down the aisle, to sweating on the dance floor, at the end of the night (and the next day) - your makeup looks flawless, perfect and natural.

Besides her amazing talents and skills as an artist, she is the most caring person. She takes her time and wants only the best for you. She will go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. She will meet you on her off days, just to help you find the perfect shade of red. She truly is amazing and her heart that is so loving is what makes her service the best. She cares more about giving to you and making your day special no matter it means for her. You can not and will not find anyone better than Wendy.

Sent on 02/21/2011

Peggy · Married on 10/03/2010

Wendy was amazing. My makeup looked perfect on our wedding day. She is very professional and yet easy going and makes you feel comfortable. She is perfectionist, which is a huge stress-reliever because she has the same goal as you do -- to make your makup look perfect! Wendy thank you so very very much!!!!!

Sent on 12/01/2010

Gina · Married on 06/26/2010

Wendy and Renee provided hair and make up services for myself, my 5 bridesmaids and my mother. They both traveled to my home which made it very convenient and were both on time. It was a very hectic day but they made sure we all got the attention we deserved and it was stress free. They both listened to us and made suggestions which were perfect! I thought I wanted to wear my hair down, Renee suggested I wear it up to show off my long neck and accentuate my veil. She was right on!!!!! Same with my bridesmaids, they all looked incredible. I can't stop raving on how great my make up looked. I don't think I ever looked this good. It lasted all night with no touch ups and still looked perfect even after all the dancing I did. Same with all my bridesmaids, their make up looked fabulous!!!! Even my mom looked great. She is 73 years old and looked beautiful, not too "made up" I wish we all could look this good all the time!!!!!

Sent on 07/06/2010

lidia · Married on 05/21/2010

Working with Wendy & Renee from Visage Joli was wonderful! As a makeup newbie, I was nervous about looking too made up (or not like myself) on my Big Day. Wendy was professional, knowledgeable and patient—creating a look that was not only beautiful, but one that I was comfortable with. Both ladies were very accessible, answering my questions and offering suggestions. Renee maintained my ‘do prior to the wedding, doing trims, color and brow touch-ups.

On the day of the wedding, they came to my hotel room, saving me time and stress of running around town. Renee beautifully styled one of my bridesmaids, and when another girl needed a few curls refreshed, she was happy to oblige. Wendy and Renee’s calming presence on the morning of my wedding helped me to stay relaxed and stress-free—Renee ordered tea for me and Wendy even made sure I ate lunch! They were both such a big part of my day, helping me to start off my wedding day in the best possible way. I felt beautiful that day, receiving compliments on my hair and make-up, ranging from “movie star” to “goddess.” Thank you, ladies!

Sent on 06/22/2010

Colleen · Married on 05/07/2010

Wendy did a fantastic job on both my maid of honor & myself. I would highly recommend her. She was punctual and extremely detailed.

Sent on 02/07/2011

Emily · Married on 01/09/2010

I just got married last month and I don't know where to begin. Wendy is incredible! She makes you feel so comfortable on your big day. She is a true professinal but also so easy going and fun.

I had never been airbrushed before and was hesitant. The greatest invention ever and Wendy is an artist with the machine. My make-up not only stayed on all-night but was flawless until I washed it off. Wendy really listened to what I wanted and was so flexible but also offered several ideas to me with my eyes that I didn't think I could pull of....thanks to hear I did and looked amazing. I will forever have beautiful wedding pictures because of her.
    I will recommend Wendy to all my friends. You will not be disapointed...in fact you will be amazed and how wonderful you will look!

Sent on 02/20/2010

Aimee · Married on 08/08/2009

Wendy did an excellent job! She came to my hotel room so it was very convenient and she made me look so beautiful (I got a zit that morning and you couldnt see it in any of the photos! She is very sweet and funny and I really enjoyed working with her, I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/13/2009

Edie · Married on 07/25/2009

Wendy Kimmel is truly an artist. She did an amazing job on my makeup and on my mother and bridesmaids' makeup!

Sent on 09/08/2009

Jasmin · Married on 06/06/2009

Wendy was great! My makeup was PERFECT! She took her time to make all of us (myself and the bridemaids) BEAUTIFUL and natural! She was also able to help me get set up with a hairstylist who also did a Great job!

Sent on 08/27/2009

Nicole · Married on 01/05/2008

Visage Joli offered a high quality make-up service. Wendy was professional, friendly, and flexible. I looked outstanding on my wedding day. I look flawless in every photograph from before the ceremony to the last minutes of the reception. I never had to touch up or worry that I needed to. I have recommended Visage Joli to every bride I have met since my wedding day. Related, she also did make up for one of my guests. My guest also looked beautiful for the entire evening. Visage Joli really can be for any occasion, and especially a vendor you will be happy you chose on your wedding day! Truly a brides best friend!

Sent on 09/14/2009

Mary Ann · Married on 06/23/2007

I absolutely love Visage Joli and could not have asked for a better make-up team for my wedding! As the bride, I made the horrible mistake of getting a facial a month before the big day and had an allergic reaction/ burn on my cheek. I was absolutely mortified that my wedding pictures would turn out to be a disaster. Wendy was so compassionate and reassured me that she could cover up the imperfections from the facial. Not only did she do an AMAZING job but it looks like I don't even have a lot of make-up on! All my bridesmaids loved their own make-up and we all highly, highly recommend Visage Joli to all future brides. Not only did Visage Joli do a great job for my wedding, but it was so refreshing to see a team that really cared about me!

Sent on 08/31/2009

Judy · Married on 07/16/2016

Wendy Kimmel is knowledgeable, straightforward and very skilled. So happy with the way I looked, and the staying power throughout the evening was perfect. Renee (hair) nailed my desired look and that, too, stayed all evening even in the humidity. This team made me feel amazing. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/12/2016