Virtue Feed & Grain Reviews

39 | Alexandria, VA

39 Reviews for Virtue Feed & Grain

We hosted our wedding event for 60 people at Virtue Feed and Grain on 2/21/15. The event coordinator was routinely helpful, answered questions and very accommodating! The event space spoke for itself, it was rustic, yet modern and perfect for our affair. The staff was very friendly to all of our guests, they were impressed! The appetizers were great and gobbled up immediately! The dinner food was great and leftovers were packed up for us after the event. We would highly recommend this space for a wedding/reception of this size!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Sarah · Married on 01/17/2015

Virtue was AMAZING! We rented out the 2nd floor space for our afternoon reception in January. The space is gorgeous, and our guests loved it. We got nothing but compliments all day, from the food (delicious) to the ambiance, to the service, etc. We had about 90 guests, and the space could easily hold more and still be comfortable (we barely even extended into the back portion of the space). But no DJ or dance floor (there was room for it, just not our style).

We worked with their events manager, Emily K, leading up to the day of, and she was fantastic. She answered all of our questions (and there were many...) promptly and professionally, and really worked with us to tailor their offerings to meet our vision (and budget). Plus, she was onsite throughout the event to ensure everything ran smoothly.

The staff onsite were all also wonderful. Very friendly and helpful (including bringing the groom and I plates of food - we had a buffet - to ensure we actually had a chance to eat while making our rounds to all the guests).

The price was very reasonable too, especially considering the quality of the food (which was superb), the location, and the space itself. Plus, it is so nicely decorated, we hardly needed to add anything, which was another cost bonus.

I highly recommend Virtue, especially for anyone looking for a more relaxed party (as opposed to a formal reception).

Sent on 01/26/2015

Meghan · Married on 11/16/2014

This review will never do complete justice to how amazing Virtue is. My husband and I chose Virtue because we had been fans since our first encounter. We wanted a cozy, warm, rustic and inviting location to host our ceremony and reception. Virtue is all of these things in one place, hard wood floors throughout, lots of history, and great atmosphere. We rented out the second floor, using the porch section in the back of the restaurant that faces the water for our ceremony. When the ceremony ended, we moved into the cocktail hour in the bar and lounge portion of the second floor and the staff reset the porch for the buffet lunch. We did very little decorating as it was already decorated for the fall. The staff and the event manager (Emily) are extraordinary and the most professional and inviting people. Emily was responsive throughout the whole process, answered all of our questions, gave sound advise when we were not sure what we really wanted, accommodated many spur of the moment drop-ins to show family and friends the venue; making our wedding day so special and stress-free. When it came time to deciding on the menu they were willing to work with us on the selections for our buffet and still keep it within our budget. We had an open-limited bar and without prompting from us, had bar menus printed for our event. The day of our wedding, we got to meet the staff before guests arrived; they were all welcoming and made sure to introduce themselves and remind us that they were here for us, and if we needed anything to just ask. They served our guest non-stop while we were there, constantly bringing fresh drinks around and appetizers as soon as they saw a glass or plate was empty. Our guests were so impressed, and have not stopped raving about the food and atmosphere. My godparents, who attended the wedding in the afternoon, returned that same evening to have dinner at Virtue because they could not get enough of the amazing food!

Sent on 12/22/2014

We rented the top floor for our wedding reception. The staff at the Virtue were so friendly and helpful. Our guests commented how the waiters kept the glasses full. People loved the atmosphere. We had a three person band and 75 guests that fit well in the space with room for seating, dancing and buffet. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Aja · Married on 06/21/2014

We had an amazing experience working with Virtue Feed and Grain. The Venue was perfect for our 130 guests and our friends are still raving about the food and how lovely everything was. Emily and her staff did a beautiful job from start to finish! We couldn't have been happier. There was even a point during the evening where the owner came to offer my husband and I congratulations. :-) Thouroughly impressed with everything!

Sent on 07/14/2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of having our wedding reception at Virtue Feed & Grain on
    "The Porch" in the upstairs section. After eating there just one time, we fell in love with the ambiance and food and knew we wanted to have our wedding reception there. The food and the service is unbeatable! Our families are still raving about it. Emily was a pleasure to work with from beginning to the end. She was responsive to all our communications and really worked with us to stay within our budget. She even worked with us when we arrived late for cocktail hour. I would highly recommend Virtue Feed & Grain for any event or dinner, especially as a city-chic wedding reception venue.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2014

We had our wedding reception at Virtue Feed and Grain and could not have been more pleased. We have received more compliments on this venue than any other element of the wedding. The food was great, service was top notch, and it's just a really beautiful space. Five stars all around.

Sent on 04/16/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner at Virtue. It was perfect and all our family and friends agreed. We liked the ambiance from the first time we walked in. The location, right in the heart of Old Town, is great. During our several visits to plan our dinner, the restaurant was always crowded, which was a clear sign early to us that people really like the food. We know why. Everything we had was absolutely delicious. Emily and Billy worked with us each step of the way to make sure the dinner went exactly as we wanted. We had a buffet style dinner for 80 guests. Emily and Billy helped us select several entrees and sides so there was something for all our guests. We also had an assortment of appetizers that everyone absolutely loved, even before we got to entrees. They easily accommodated our needs for several vegetarian guests. The service was impeccable. Their staff was always ready to make sure our guests had drinks or to clear away the finished plates and glasses. We would highly recommend holding an event at Virtue.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Virtue Feed and Grain was where we held our rehearsal dinner. We had heard about it from a friend and since we weren't having any luck with other venues decided to contact them. We had never eaten there so we were walking in blind, but Jeana was awesome. Through emails only we decided the dinner, time and everything. She was immediately responsive to any inquiries, which was great and a nice change from some other vendors I had tried dealing with during my wedding planning! As for the rehearsal dinner itself, everyone loved it. We did a family style dinner in their Game Parlor Room which was quiet and tucked away from the rest of the restaurant. It fit our part of 20 easily. The passed hor d'ouevres and hoptails were a hit and my guests couldn't stop raving about the food. Service was impeccable. Jeana also worked with me to make sure some of my vegetarian friends (who then bailed at the last minute) would have food. Finally she and the chef subbed in an AMAZING fig and orange fruit tart for the dessert versus the normal bread pudding. Again, a total hit. We highly recommend Virtue for your rehearsal dinner.

Sent on 07/22/2012

Teri Fearing · Married on 01/05/2019

Reception venue

Virtue Feed & Grain was very accommodating! They had items on had that I did not expect them to have, and it made my venue presentation that much more beautiful! The wait staff was also great! They tried to make sure we had everything we needed and also tried to help us meet our minimum for the evenings event because we were down in count on no shows that rsvp’d yes.

Sent on 01/19/2019

David · Married on 07/15/2017

We used a large table upstairs for our small wedding lunch. The staff was very accomodating and the food was fantastic. Very reasonably priced as well. We were very pleased.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Melanie · Married on 12/25/2016

Book this place! Amazing interior design with a rustic and modern feel. The event planner, Emily is amazing too. We had our wedding on Chirstmas Day. The restaurant already did an amazing job in decorating the place for Christmas. All we need to do is to add a lil decorations. Did i mention amazing wine and bar selection?!

Sent on 04/29/2017

The staff a Virtue Feed & Grain were wonderful to work with! The staff was present, polite, and responsive not only to us but also our guests. The food was VERY well prepared and enjoyed by all. Emily, the event coordinator, was a dream to work with. She was quick to respond to all of our inquiries and made sure everything was perfect for our big day. I would recommend holding an event at Virtue!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Betsy · Married on 11/17/2017

We had our wedding at Virtue on November 17, 2017. Our experience the day of was amazing. The food was incredible - we got so many compliments from our guests. The venue also just speaks for itself in how cool it is. We rented the second floor for our reception, and the expansive bar and cool rustic but industrial feel was just so neat. Old Town Alexandria itself is such an awesome location for out of town guests (which was everybody including myself and my husband) with how quaint and perfect the area is. The service staff was great - the bartender even went downstairs to bring up their nicest scotch for my husband and his buddies to cheers to!

We had a great experience with our wedding of 80 guests. I hired a wedding coordinator, Sincerely Pete Events to help with managing the set-up with Virtue staff and other vendors. Emily, the senior Events Manager at Virtue was so great. She was so sweet and accommodating and incredibly helpful with executing everything at the end. Her assistant Amber however was newer and unfortunately wasn't as helpful in the months leading up, so when Emily came back I felt much better as she was able to answer all my questions in more detail and accommodate our requests, as seating arrangements and how to arrange the tables together in the groups I needed, was very stressful. Amber unfortunately was not that helpful, making me feel like I was inconveniencing her for asking questions, so I was relieved to have help from Sarah my coordinator from Sincerely Pete Events, and then when Emily, the senior Events Manager, came back and assisted with final details from taking some time off. Despite my initial worries, Virtue came through in the end beautifully, and our wedding reception was so great. I would have had 5 stars with everything if my concerns and questions were addressed better in the months leading up to the event. Even with my initial frustrations, this place is great and so unique to have a wedding there!

Sent on 12/07/2017