20 Reviews for Violines Galanterien de Puerto Rico

1.6

I contracted them for an hour at my daughter's destination wedding but the violin and chello did not meet expectations. Lesson learned, never contract without meeting the musicians in person.

Profile Picture Deb, 2/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My wedding was at Rincon Beach resort and I hired them to play for the ceremony and cocktail hour. All the songs played were just amazing! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Mrisa, 9/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Being a huge fan of violin and cello music, we chose Violines Galanterien's for our wedding ceremony. Prof. Mariam Baez and her team are very professional, were very responsive through e-mails, and are able to play a great amount of songs. They were very flexible and had great communication with our wedding planner. If you want to have a violin and cello for your wedding ceremony, I would highly recommend you hire Violines Galanterien for your wedding. It will feel like a symphony orchestra concert.

Profile Picture Lizzie, 6/20/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Lovely and adorable the sound of the music. Edith is very accesible person.

Profile Picture Valerie, 5/9/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Excellent service!!! Beautiful music!!!
Professional, reliable, excellent communicators.

Profile Picture Edith, 11/23/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
0.3

I hired this company to provide the ceremony music in the church. I found this company on wedding wire.

It was not what I had expected.

I had scheduled a meeting at 4:30pm the Friday before my wedding with Mariam at the Church to go over details. Mariam confirmed this meeting via email.

On that Friday she did not show up. At 4:45pm I called her. She said she did not recall us setting up a meeting and asked how I planned on paying her. She also said she would be there the day of the wedding no later than 2:30pm. The wedding began at 3pm.

The next day her team did not show up until 2:55pm. The singer didn't show up until half way through the Ave Maria song.

Her prices were rediculous and I had my planner pay her in cash. Completely unprofessional do not hire this company.

I wish I could get my money back because it was a complete waste!

The only time I heard the singer was from outside the church once all of my guests had left!

Profile Picture Susie, 10/18/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I have only wonderful things to say about Violines Galanterien, couldn't be happier with the level of service they provided. I hired a quartet for the ceremony for my destination wedding at the Ritz Carlton in San Juan. They were extremely professional and timely, met with me prior to the event to go over all the details and everything was absolutely perfect. My wedding guests were vowed by the Game of Thrones Theme song they played as my bridesmaid processional. I was so thankful that the musicians not only learned a new arrangement, but played it so beautifully, they have done an amazing job! The value for the level of service they provided was absolutely incredible, I would have paid 3 times as much for the same caliber of music in Chicago. Highly recommended, my guests LOVED them!

Profile Picture Lidia, 4/4/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Beautifully performed, simple, and accommodating. They do not speak very good English but it was enough to respond to all our our requests. They are VERY TALENTED and played beautifully, even adjusting the length of classic songs on the fly to deal with the differing speeds people were walking down the aisle. THANKS GUYS!

Profile Picture User2766539, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We were visiting La Concha Resort (doing a bit of wedding planning last September) and heard beautiful music being played at a wedding. We went down to talk to the string quartet about playing for our wedding. They told us to email them and we did right away. As a little girl, I played the violin for 8 years so I really wanted a string quartet to play "Here comes the bride". Mariam's string quartet gave me my dream! Thank you so much for playing such beautiful music on a windy day in San Juan, Puerto Rico!Simply amazing!

Profile Picture Camille, 3/24/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

They played on the ceremony and the cocktail hour. Music was great!

Profile Picture Yadira, 12/10/11, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Beutiful!! Really good music and very profesional, thanks

Profile Picture Sarina, 7/31/11, 6 Reviews
4.7

We hired Violines Galanterien for our ceremony music and during cocktail hour. They are pretty professional and the guests enjoyed the music, however, it was a bit difficult communicating with them as they conduct business in Spanish.

Profile Picture Rissa, 7/22/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Mariam and Violines Galanterien did an excellent job with the ceremony music. My husband couldn't stop talking about what an excellent choice they were. It made all the difference hearing them play while we exchanged our vows and while the priest was speaking. Mariam and I exchanged emails back and forth and she called me the day before to make sure I was okay and we were all set. She even helped me when I told her I didn't have a planner and walked me through the timeline of events that would happen at the ceremony. I couldn't ask for a better group to play for our wedding. They are EXCELLENT!

Profile Picture Tracy, 7/15/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My husband and I had Violines Galanterien perform our ceremony music and cocktail reception, and they were great. They were very flexible when we had to change the time of our ceremony as well. They arrived on time and played beautifully. They're an elegant addition to any wedding.

Profile Picture Kymberley, 6/12/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I knew I wanted live music for our wedding ceremony if we could afford it. While searching violinists and harp players, I came across Violines Galantarien. They have a great website that provides examples of their music (violin, chello, piano and soloist). I really appreciated the fact that they are flexible and you can choose the number of musicians according to your vision and budget. I requested a violinist and chello player and I was very happy with their performance. Mariam and I emailed back and forth months ahead of time to discuss song choices. She also called me a few days before the wedding to see if I had any last minute requests. Although we interacted mostly in Spanish, she does speak English too. Mariam and Yvette played for our wedding ceremony and then continued through the happy hour after while we took photos. They were very professional, their music was just the way I expected it to be and our guests really enjoyed it. I highly recommend Violines Galantarien!
Diana and Michael

Profile Picture Diana, 5/29/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Thanks for a great work!

Profile Picture brensa, 4/9/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

On time! Beautiful! Professionals! Just the most amazing sound! I felt loike a princess during my Ceremony thanks to Violines Galanterien! I cant stop crying every time that I watch the video and listen the sound of the violins!

Profile Picture Linnette, 2/13/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Violines Galanterien for the ceremony and cocktail music. They were great, on time, and played all our music selections from their repertoire. As soon as I heard them playing Canon, as I was coming down the aisle, I broke down into emotional happy tears. There were several changes to our ceremony starting time, but they were very flexible to do the necessary adjustments. I highly recommend this company.

Profile Picture Laika, 4/24/10, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Awesome service, the music was beautiful. They're true professionals willing to please their customers and provide a quality and talented service. The communication was constant and very good since we could keep in touch either by email or telephone. She suggested great musical pieces to play at our ceremony and I wish that someone had recorded them to relive that moment.

Profile Picture Brenda, 12/12/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Excellent music, excellent service. You get what you pay for. They have a basic fee of two hours and you can pay for additional hours. Also, they offer different prices depending on the amount of musicians. Extremely flexible. Within the first two hours of the contract they were willing to play both at the church and the reception site.

Profile Picture Rocio, 12/29/07, 5 Reviews