Vinyl Rhino Reviews

Vinyl Rhino 7
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing band!

Vinyl Rhino was amazing. They worked with us to customize every aspect of our wedding, and had the dance floor going all night. They sounded incredible, and our guests had the best time dancing to them. We're looking forward to seeing them play more shows in the area, and can't recommend them enough! They were the best!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Rick

Rick Caceres · Married on 05/26/2019

Don't look any further!

For those who prefer the bottom line up front: Vinyl Rhino will be what makes your wedding memorable and utterly amusing. At first, we were debating whether to spend the money on live music but, after the wonderful wedding the Vinyl Rhino helped us throw, we don't regret it one bit.

Ashley and team were incredibly easy to work with from the beginning. They really took the time to get to know us (the couple), understand our vision, and figure out ways to make the entertainment fit within that. We didn't feel at all as if they were trying to push for a pre-packaged act, which was honestly one of our fears. However, they worked with us to make it all work -- to our taste and personality.

The fact that they were not only "just the band" but all things audio, lights, DJ, and MC simplified everything for us. For each of those roles, they worked with us to ensure they were exactly what we wanted. For example, we had curated a playlist for our cocktail hour, and they didn't even ask questions, they had the playlist ready to be played exactly in the order we had told them. We very much appreciated that level of service and willingness to make our special moment indeed "our" moment -- nothing off-the-shelf, so to speak.

It's been a few months since we got married, and at friends or family gatherings the topic is usually the "band at our wedding." Not only did Ashley sing the kind of music we enjoy ourselves and we knew our guests would enjoy as well, but she took her performance to the next level. Her joyfulness, charisma, joviality, and presence made the whole performance special -- as if we had invited a top pop artist to our wedding. She very graciously balanced entertainment and performance, deliberately and opportunely interacting with guests, thereby enhancing their "having-funness" and experience, without it being overbearing.

In sum, we would definitely ask Vinyl Rhino "again" to perform at our wedding now with the benefit of hindsight. They made it the fun-filled, mesmerizing experience it was.

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Matthew

Malachy · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolutely amazing! People still cannot stop talking about them!

Where to begin!? I heard about Vinyl Rhino through a family friend, whose son had them perform at their wedding. After reading their song lists and watching their promo video about a million times, I decided that we absolutely needed them to perform at our wedding. Only problem was my (now) husband and I had never seen them in person! Being that we live in New Jersey and they are based out of Maryland, seeing them live wasn’t the easiest task. Long story short, my husband and his friend drove down to Maryland to see Vinyl Rhino perform and they were not disappointed. Ashley, Nick, John, and Ryan are some of the coolest and genuinely nicest people we’ve ever met… and they absolutely killed it!! My husband and I had such a blast picking out the songs for our set list and an even better time dancing the night away to them at the wedding. They even learned to play a very special song for us. The dance floor was packed the entire night. I had more people than I could possibly count come up to me asking where I found these guys. We even had people contact us asking for the bands information just because they had heard or seen someone who attended our weddings social media videos! If that hasn’t sold you yet… after our wedding was over, our venue asked if they could add Vinyl Rhino to their preferred venders list. Two months later and people are still raving about how awesome this band was!!!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Kara

Kara Hiller · Married on 04/05/2019

Best Wedding Band EVER

We first encountered Vinyl Rhino at a friend's wedding, and even though we weren't engaged yet at the time my husband and I both agreed we absolutely had to have them at our wedding as well! As soon as we set a date we reached out to them immediately, and from that point on working with them was incredibly easy. Leading up to the wedding they were easy to reach, answered all of our questions in a professional, friendly, and timely manner, and took care of everything for us so we didn't have to worry about anything. We got to be involved in the music selection process, and they tailored the set to our personal tastes. Because of Vinyl Rhino, our dance floor was packed all night long. Of course my husband and I are biased in thinking it was the best wedding ever, but we heard from many guests how this was the best wedding band they've ever heard and most fun they've had at a wedding as well. We 100% recommend hiring Vinyl Rhino for your wedding - you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 04/28/2019
  • Brad

Brad Dean · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing, couldn't be better!

This band is so much more than a band. They took care of so many things we thought we'd have to do ourselves like the procession music, the dj, announcements, and much more. Ashley was super organized and thought of everything, including things we hadn't thought of. They made our wedding incredible. Our guests had a blast and everything went sooo smoothly. I'm so glad they were a part of our unforgettable day.

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Elly

Elly · Married on 08/25/2018

Vinyl Rhino was AMAZING

Vinyl Rhino was absolutely incredible! From the planning stages to the ceremony and reception, this crew brings so much energy, enthusiasm, and fun that I would recommend them to everyone. We didn't hire a wedding planner, so Vinyl Rhino helped us with planning the order of events, and then kept things moving on our wedding day. We've had tons of our guests comment on how much fun they were during the reception, we couldn't agree more. This band is worth every penny and then some. Thanks guys!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Vinyl Rhino 8

Michelle · Married on 07/15/2018

Literally the BEST BAND EVER!!!! These guys (and gal) made our ENTIRE WEDDING! From our ceremony music to cocktail hour and dinner music, and the MINUTE they started playing at the reception everyone was having a blast and dancing their butts off! They are truly the epitome of professionals and are EXCEPTIONAL! Hire this band for your wedding! Our guests are still talking about it! Absolutely one of the best/most memorable parts of our wedding! :-) Thanks Vinyl Rhino for a day/night we will never forget!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Emily · Married on 04/14/2018

We first heard of Vinyl Rhino on our first date where they were playing at a local bar. They were high energy, kept the crowd engaged, we knew the words to every song, and we couldn't stop dancing. It was such a fun night, we see them every chance we can get. When it was time to plan our wedding we knew they would be the ONLY band worth booking. Vinyl Rhino was such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. They offer a full range of services to meet your needs. They DJ'ed our ceremony, emcee'd our announcements, and played an amazing set of all of the songs we wanted to hear, and none that we didn't. They are down to earth, accommodating, and worked directly with our other vendors to make it a smooth process. We had such an incredible time that we barely left the dance floor! Family and friends continue to express how much fun they had because of Vinyl Rhino. If you want a good time for your wedding, we HIGHLY recommend Vinyl Rhino for your wedding.

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Vinyl Rhino 16
    Vinyl Rhino 17
    Vinyl Rhino 18

Meg · Married on 11/03/2017

Seriously cannot say enough about this great wedding band. They were fabulous to work with on every level and made our day amazing. They graciously travelled all the way up to NYC to play for us, and did an excellent job coordinating with us via email and FaceTime during the planning process. We have gotten so many compliments on their performance since the night of our wedding and recommend them highly!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Gary · Married on 10/08/2017

Friends and Family are still asking us where we found such a great band!

If you are looking for a band that will not only play amazing, but engage the crowd than look no further. From the day we decided to have them play at our wedding they were nothing more than professional, welcoming and really listened to what we wanted. They played a wide assortment of songs ranging from pop, to rock to even Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne and let your’ s truly (the Groom) play guitar for that one. They really helped make our night special. Aside from the great playing they also did all the MC and DJ work. We just told them what songs we wanted for traditional things (walking out, bridal entrance to reception, dinner etc.) and they made sure we had it. I have been to a lot weddings with bands and DJs but It has been just about a month since we were married and my friends and family still ask me where I found such a great band. If you are looking for a wedding band that can play it all (they even learned two songs for us that were not on their set list) and will make everyone at the reception have a great time, then hire Vinyl Rhino.
    V/R

Vinyl Rhino 25
    Vinyl Rhino 26
    Vinyl Rhino 27

Brent · Married on 06/17/2017

Awesome. 100% would recommend. Everything was great. Music, entertainment value, and when it started drizzling (before live music started) they even ran out of the barn with the coordinator to collect a bunch of wedding stuff (decorations, phones left in chairs, chalk boards, etc) that was getting rained on. I would absolutely hire them again and be willing to pay more to do so.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Kenan · Married on 06/10/2017

More stars are needed to describe just how wonderfully awesome Vinyl Rhino (VR) is of a wedding band! 10 out of 5 stars for each category barely begin to describe how professional they were and most importantly just how much fun we and our guests had this past weekend @ our wedding!! Thank you VR for making our special day even more amazing than we could have ever imagined!!!

K & C 6.10.17

Sent on 06/12/2017

Cori · Married on 06/10/2017

If you're searching right now for the ultimate wedding band that will have your guests dancing and singing all night long, look no further! Vinyl Rhino was the BEST wedding band ever! They are fun, professional, detail oriented (they nailed every request!) and can put on one heck of a show. I still have people asking us "where did you find them?" and "do they play in the area?" -- they are THAT amazing. My mom called me the day after the wedding to tell me she thought the ceremony and reception were spectacular but the band was what completely made the wedding. I agree. I have cousins that never dance who danced all night with Vinyl Rhino. I can't say enough about this band except to end your search right here and book them today! Thank you VR for everything - rock on!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Amber · Married on 03/17/2017

Vinyl Rhino seriously made our wedding day. We are still hearing from our guests how amazing they were and how our wedding was the best they had ever been to. From the first day we met Chris (drummer/ MC extraordinaire) and Ashley (lead vocals), they were super professional and fun. They took a real interest in getting to know us as a couple in order personalize announcements, etc... throughout the evening. Their energy is incredible and the light show, DJ and fog effects were just the icing on the cake, They have such a broad song selection, spanning multiple genres, and my guests of all ages would not leave the dance floor all night. You will not be disappointed if you book this band for your wedding. Just do it, you won't regret it!
    - Amber & Spenser

Sent on 03/27/2017

Julie · Married on 12/31/2016

From the time we booked Vinyl Rhino the entire band was nothing short of professional and accommodating to our requests. I would highly recommend booking the band for your wedding/special event. They really made our special day perfect. We had a ton of fun at our wedding and attribute that to the band members which were very engaging with our guests. The entire wedding went without a hitch, thanks to Vinyl Rhino. They are awesome! Book them today!!

Sent on 01/18/2017
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/08/2016

I don't even know where to start.....vinyl rhino was amazing. As anyone who's planned a wedding knows, there are so many vendors to contact and coordinate with but throughout all of our interactions vinyl rhino was truly a pleasure to work with. They sounded so great, and we received many compliments on our band at the wedding. They helped make our wedding day an unforgettable one, both my husband and I cannot say enough good things about them. From Ashley who keeps the dance floor packed with her contagious energy to our awesome MC everyone in the band was wonderful. Do yourself a favor and book Vinyl Rhino for your event. They were so flexible and even started playing the DJ'd music for our cocktail hour an hour earlier than initially decided upon because our guests showed up earlier from the church.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/23/2016

Book them. Book them now. Faster! You're already wasting too much time reading this! But if you insist on continuing...

Vinyl Rhino was, simply put, the second best decision of our lives (if you can't figure out what the first was, I'm not sure how you got to this website). They were incredible throughout the entirety of our wedding planning process and even more so on our wedding day, providing both band and emcee services. We were able to customize the set list they played, and my husband even got to get up and sing with them. They had amazing energy, playing great songs from the past 4 decades that had everyone from 2 to 82 dancing along. 5.0/5.0 isn't enough. 10.0/5.0 sounds more appropriate.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Kerry · Married on 06/11/2016

We were recommended from our wedding venue owner to seek Vinyl Rhino out after a wedding they played at his venue the year prior. His literal words were "I spend $10,000 on my first daughters wedding band and $12,000 on my youngest daughters band (both married at his venue) and I have never had a band at my venue as fun and energetic and rocking as this band was. Book them if you can if you haven't book your music yet". We were in the process of talking to a DJ friend of mine and pricing out other bands...that recommendation was probably the best advice we had for our entire wedding. Vinyl Rhino made our wedding incredibly fun! Let me set you up to our wedding day, It was HOT....in an NON-air conditioned barn. People could barely stand to sit at their tables for the dinner. But then the band started playing....despite the incredible heat...everyone started to pile in and dance because they were SO GOOD! They played to the crowd, and really took to our musical styles! We had a hand tailored playlist for both the band and their DJ break! I don't think I have ever had more fun in my life. They are perfect....book them!

Sent on 07/22/2016

James · Married on 08/01/2015

"As the owner of a wedding venue, I have had the opportunity to enjoy entertainment provided by dozens of different live bands. To date, no other band has even come close to the total entertainment package that Vinyl Rhino provides. It would be enough that they can perform every known artist with uncanny precision (every possible musical genre), but their 'Live Show' puts them in a class all alone. Their infectious energy, and interaction with the wedding guests, ignites a dancing frenzy that, literally, not be described. Anyone who has ever attended one of their events will never forget their magic."

Sent on 10/17/2015