Vinson Photography Reviews

Vinson Photography 2
Vinson Photography 3
Vinson Photography 4

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2013

Words cannot describe how fabulous of a photographer Shelly is. She immediately puts you at ease and caters to your personal style of photography. My husband and I are both on the shy side but felt so much openness with her which was reflected in the beautiful quality of our photos. The day of the wedding, every time we turned around she was there capturing all of the little (and big!) moments with a quiet grace about her. The weather was rather hot for Santa Barbara and she sweated through all the photography without a peep! While we initially selected Shelley for our engagement and wedding photography, I know we will be going back to her in the years ahead for other occasions!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Aaaah! So fun every step of the way working with you all. It was so amazing being able to capture your celebration. I will never forget you and your sister dancing to Britney Spears ~ Baby One More Time! LOVED THAT!

Eliza · Married on 09/28/2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about Vinson Photography. Shelly was truly a joy to work with and never in my life have a met a vender so thoughtful and understanding. Every encounter was pleasant and as soon as we met it was as if we have known each other for years. She makes you feel so comfortable and has so much fun living through your special day with you. Her turn around time for proofs is incredibly fast and there is constant communication along the way:)
    She was able to capture every moment we requested and we are now able to relive them by just looking at a simple picture. Shelly truly has a love for her work and her talent is clearly shown in every photograph she takes. From day one, Shelly was there to help guide us and gave great advice and things to keep in mind such as colors, time of day for lighting, locations and so on...
    Even after our Wedding day, i still keep in touch with Shelly. Although she is only there the day of your wedding,(and if you do an engagement session) you build a bond that i know i never i want lose. I will be counting on Shelly in the future as my family grows to capture moments of my children and any special events in my life i want to relive. I cant thank her enough for all her hard work and time she put into my wedding, and never once did i think i was second best to another event. I recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer with pure talent and joy for what they do.
    Thank you Shelly! From the bottoms of our hearts!
    -Chris and Eliza Harvey

Sent on 02/16/2015

Vinson Photography's reply:

Eliza! You were an absolute PRINCESS and you still ARE! I miss you all the time and it is almost like I get to relive your wedding day too with my photos... I cherish all of them. Thank you for being such wonderful people and so glad we keep in touch! Hugs :)

Maile · Married on 08/31/2013

I feel privileged honestly to have worked with Shelly for my August wedding in Los Olivos, CA. Her professionalism was impeccable, while still maintaining the very light-hearted and fun feel I so appreciated. She was very easily accessible and went along with my roller coaster of questions and neurotic bride-to-be over-planning. Her photography speaks for itself. She has this ability to freeze time while creatively capturing emotions and details that you never want to forget. In reviewing my pictures I could remember everything; every emotion, smile, song and laugh. I could see my wedding from every angle and point of view, including some that I never even had a chance to see on the big day. As a bride, though, it was how she made us feel that was so special. She let us do our own thing and captured our personalities, not just stale, “say cheese” shots. I can be a little self-conscious, but she put me in the perfect light and poses that showed off my best features and made me feel beautiful. Furthermore, her photography package was very clear. I knew exactly what to expect for my money. There was an awesome engagement session included which we used in our slideshow and wedding guest book. I knew exactly how many prints to expect, plus I received the files of the photos both professional quality and facebook ready for my use as I needed in the future. Finally, I didn’t pay by the hour. I had her for the whole event! She was at my venue before I was, getting shots of all the details. She stayed with me from getting ready and even after the guests had all left. Even my friend and wedding day coordinator is now using Shelly for her own wedding! She’s the best!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

You all are just beautiful :))) Two amazing souls & I am truly blessed to have shared that experience with you both. Lots of fabulous moments, laughing and also crying tears of joy for you behind the lens...

Gigi · Married on 08/14/2013

We had an intimate family wedding with just my new husband and our 2 older children. Which turned out to be very special and easy day!
    Shelly was awesome! She met us at the courthouse and took photos of our ceremony and other nice areas in the structure and grounds.
    She then met us at another location for some more outdoor garden photos where we were having dinner across the street from the beach where we wanted sunset beach shots. She was nice enough to meet us there a few hours later which finished off the day perfectly!
    The pictures were awesome! I would definitely recommend Shelly ;-)

Sent on 12/21/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Whether there are 5 people or 500 people, the day is always filled with so much emotion and wonderfulness... I absolutely was thrilled to capture these moments for you and your family! Thank you for also keeping in touch, it has been so great hearing about your new adventures!

Janet · Married on 07/28/2013

Shelly was the perfect photographer. We knew we wanted to work with her the moment we met her and viewed her pictures. She is passionate about her work and it is evident in her photography. Her use of light makes her work come alive. Having Shelly do our wedding photos was one of the highlights of our wedding.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Vinson Photography's reply:

Janet! I am so thrilled that you all found me :))) You all got married in my FAVORITE park ever... I will never forget such a beautiful day and all the LOVE you were surrounded by! So glad we keep in touch and thank you all for being such amazing people. Hugs :)

Cara · Married on 07/26/2013

We were thrilled to have chosen Shelly as our photographer. Shelly helped us choose two different locations for our engagement shoot and recommended the location for our first look. Our photos turned out stunning. Shelly was easy to work with, was organized and a true professional. We couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Vinson Photography's reply:

This day was dripping with beauty! Stunning couple, as sweet and amazing as can be and the gorgeous backdrop of Santa Barbara... I am so lucky!!!

Jenny · Married on 07/11/2013

We absolutely love Shelly! From the moment we met her she was very professional and easy to talk to. She was very responsive throughout the whole process and was such a pleasure to work with! Most of the time you would feel weird having a stranger take pictures of you but Shelly made my husband and I both feel so comfortable with her. I am delighted with the way our wedding pictures turned out because they were so natural. She really knows how to tell a story with her photographs. I don't know how I'm going to be able to pick my favorites because they are all amazing! THANK YOU SHELLY!!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Awwwww, YAY so glad you all felt that way... and it IS weird to think about having a stranger take photos of you! For some reason, I have never ever felt weird about it on the other side of the lens. It is definitely something natural that I just LOVE to do... thank you for keeping in touch and look forward to seeing your family grow!

Maya · Married on 06/21/2013

Shelly was absolutely amazing!!! My husband and I are not usually comfortable having our pictures taken but Shelly put us both at ease immediately and gave us such wonderful photos. We can't pick our favorites because there are just too many! We highly highly HIGHLY recommend Shelly. We felt so confident in Shelly's skills that we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves on our big day. She was so professional, so attentive, and managed to make us look pretty darn good in our pictures too ;)

Sent on 09/16/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I was just looking through some of your photos the other day and it was so stunning... thank you for having me to capture it! Loved every moment!

Holly · Married on 06/15/2013

Oh my word! Shelly Vinson and her assistant were amazing! Wedding days are so busy and bustling and Shelly walked in, got organized, and thought of every detail. I love the way she captures the intimacy of every moment: the goofy times with my bridesmaids, the candid greetings with family, and all the tender seconds with my husband. Shelly also provided every photo in black and white as well as color which will make album creating and photo printing a breeze. I originally didn't want a professional photographer, but I did some research and Shelly's photos changed my mind. I felt like every image took me into the couples story and experience. After having her at my own wedding and viewing the pictures I am blown away by her results. So talented, professional, and she was like my best friend through the entire experience. I'm so happy and would highly recommend Shelly Vinson Photography. You rock Shelly!!!!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

I just cherished your wedding! Fun, beauty, love and laughter from the moment I stepped into the Bridal Suite! Absolute BEST to you all, please keep in touch!!!

Sophie · Married on 04/27/2013

As a wedding coordinator, I was hired 4 days before the wedding day because the other coordinator backed out. I was in a rush to catch up with the details & plans for the wedding day and Shelly was quick to respond, helpful with timing for the day, and supportive on the day of. Shelly was professional, cheerful, and helpful to move the photographs along quickly so the bride & groom could get to their cocktail hour.

The venue was VERY challenging - rocky & very spread out - but Shelly handled it gracefully. The photos turned out beautifully and I already refer Shelly to my brides so we can work together again!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Just love your spirit lady... Sophie is truly AMAZING... no wonder she calls her service "Amazing Day Events!"

Jon · Married on 04/06/2013

Shelly is the BEST! With all the craziness of wedding preparations, she was by far the most pleasant, easiest to work with. She always focused on what we wanted, rather than delivering her typical package.

The event day with her was flawless; she was really perfect in all ways. And the photos were SPECTACULAR -- we knew she would be great, but we were just blown away! Not just beautiful photos, but they captured the essence of the evening and really created a memory that we can digitally recall forever.

We are so lucky to work with her and she is #1!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Yay! Thank you Jon :) I do love keeping in mind that it is YOUR day... I love being able to capture all of the magic that is happening so fast. It was SUCH a pleasure to be a part of your amazing day with your beautiful families who just absolutely adore you both. The vows you both spoke were some of the most heartfelt that I have heard... hugs.

Dina · Married on 11/17/2012

Shelly is amazing! She is an incredibly talented photographer and she captured wonderful details and memories for which we are so grateful. One of the things we appreciate about Shelly, aside from her photography, is her big heart and genuine enthusiasm that she shared with us on our special day. She is very responsive, creative, hard-working and kind. She put so much more effort and love into the photos than we ever could have asked for.

Sent on 02/06/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Mid-West to the core :))) Heart + Work + Art = Me, Yay! Thank you Dina & Gil! It was such a gorgeous & intimate celebration with loved ones & friends... nothing better. Thank you for being so amazing to work with.

Sara · Married on 11/10/2012

AMAZING...AMAZING...AMAZING! My favorite vendor by far. We had the best experience working with Shelly and her work is absolutely outstanding. I loved every picture! She captured so many great moments and made our day very special. She is wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 01/22/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness, SO much love at this wedding... it was such a pleasure & honor to capture all the amazing heartfelt moments from this gorgeous day. I am so lucky to have such great couples in my life to work with that not only are wonderful people, but end up being dear friends.

Allison · Married on 09/29/2012

Shelly is not only a talented photographer and artist, she is an ideal wedding vendor. She was totally in tune with what we wanted. She made sure to get as much information from us as possible beforehand, including the list of formals, names of everyone involved in the ceremony, etc. While my bridesmaids and I were prepping, Shelly not only caught so many beautiful moments, she even found time to help out with logistics. Her patience is endless, she has a bright, calm, and focused attitude, and, oh yeah, she's an AMAZING photographer. I had so much fun reliving my wedding through her unique and honest photographs. There's nothing cheesy or contrived in her style - she captures moments just as they are, which is exactly what you want at your wedding. Do not pass up the opportunity to work with Shelly!

Sent on 06/02/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Allison & Anthony! Ahhh, it was such an honor to be there for your GORGEOUS day... and yes, I did cry behind the lens to you walking down the isle to "Your Song" by Elton... a moment I have in my memory forever :))) Thank you for making me a part of your most special day & celebration. I love you to pieces!

Vember · Married on 07/07/2012

We do not know even where to begin. From the moment we met Shelly Vinson we knew right away that our photos and vision for that day were going to be taken care of like no other. We worked with Shelly on our engagement photos and our day of the wedding photos and she was there for us every step of the way, with helpful suggestions for the shoots,portrait idea's, scheduling and became our wedding guru. I couldn't have imagined being with another photographer on the day of my wedding. Shelly is so personable and so supportive through the whole day and whole process it was comforting knowing that she would be with me for that entire day and night. She kept my husband and I smiling and laughing all day. Most importantly when we received our photos we had so many small moments that she captured with out us even knowing! Going through our photos is like re-living the entire day,they are absolute magic! We are still receiving compliment after compliment on our photos. If you are looking for a photographer that is personable and that will be able to capture the essence of your entire day it is Shelly Vinson. Her photos are beyond words stunning and full of life!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Vinson Photography's reply:

Awwww... SO MUCH LOVE in the air on this magical day. I absolutely had such an amazing time with you both throughout this experience. I wish I could relive it every year! LOL :) Thank you for being such an amazing couple inside & out, truly an amazing experience on this side!

Kellie · Married on 08/06/2011

Shelly did an amazing job at our wedding this past summer, we loved our photos! :) Out of all the wedding vendors we worked with, we were the most impressed with Shelly - she was organized, reliable and extremely talented. She was also just really nice and fun to work with - In fact, she is exactly the kind of person you would want to trust with your wedding or any other big event, I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Vinson Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much! Working hard an being organized is an absolute must! I honestly try to look at each wedding and capture every moment possible. I think about what would I want to see in each situation & honestly never slow down the whole day... xoxoxo.

Steve · Married on 06/25/2011

Shelly was wonderful. She was a pleasure to work with. She was flexible and addressed concerns when we had them. She was very professional. My wife and I were both extremely pleased with our photos. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/29/2011

Vinson Photography's reply:

Thank you Steve :) It was such a pleasure & honor to be a part of it! And what a backdrop to have such a memorable day... I absolutely love winery weddings. Best to you both, you are amazing!

gloria · Married on 10/01/2010

Shelly was amazing!
    We couldn't be happier with the photographhs! She was a pleasure to work with. She went over and above. We love her!

Sent on 12/29/2011

Vinson Photography's reply:

You all were so much fun... and creative as well! Thank you for putting so much detail into your celebration, it is so fun to take photos of every last detail that made the day "you!"

Arjit · Married on 12/08/2009

Shelly has been awesome with her work. We throughly enjoyed being with her during our visit to Santa Barbara. I would definitely recommend her to my friends! Thank you so much :)

Sent on 06/05/2012

Vinson Photography's reply:

Such a cute couple session... more people should think about having a photography session to mark certain times in their lives other than weddings :) I loved it & love getting to know all my clients! Thank you for the kind words Arjit!

Alison · Married on 08/01/2009

Shelly and her assistant were amazing! They made my husband and I feel so comfortable and relaxed despite the fact that we were posing for pictures all day. The finished product were breathtakingly beautiful pictures that we will treasure for a lifetime.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Vinson Photography's reply:

This is one of my favorite parts, making people feel relaxed! I honestly love doing it and probably because I know how nervous I am in front of the camera. Thank you so much Alison, it was such a gorgeous day...

Shelly did a BEAUTIFUL job with our wedding photographs, we've had nothing but the highest praises from our family and friends in regards to her work. It was such a blessing to have her capture our special day, and I'd 100% recommend her to everyone looking for a classic wedding photographer.

Sent on 12/23/2013