Vinluan Photography Reviews

Vinluan Photography 5
Vinluan Photography 6
Vinluan Photography 7

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2017

This duo is amazing in every way. We couldn’t have asked for a better #powercouple to catch our most special day. We highly recommend to those planning for the big day!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Tara · Married on 09/25/2017

I have nothing but positive things to state about my photographer. We decided about 3 weeks prior to a family vacation that we were going to get married at Sandbridge and Jennifer made the last minute experience wonderful. The pictures turned out great and she came up with a price that worked perfect for what we needed. I would definitely use her again!!!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Abigail · Married on 09/15/2017

Jake and Jennifer were the absolute dream team! They were very personable and easy-going from the beginning and so fun to work with. We were blown away by our engagement pictures at First Landing State Park and our wedding pictures at The Wyndham were nothing short of amazing. They knew exactly how to pose us and dealt with big group pictures like champs! I loved how they caught such emotional parts of the day and how artsy and fun our poses were. I would hire them over again in a heartbeat. Best decision we made during our wedding planning!

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Vinluan Photography 15
    Vinluan Photography 16
    Vinluan Photography 17

Morgan · Married on 09/09/2017

Vinluan Photography has become more than just a vendor to us.. they’ve become family! Jake and Jennifer are the perfect wedding photography duo. They made our Wedding day experience everything and more! I would highly recommend this couple to anyone getting married.

Ariana · Married on 09/02/2017

Where do I begin reviewing Vinluan Photography? Brides and brides-to-be out there know the importance of an excellent photographer – my wedding was a complete blur, and without great pictures I wouldn't remember a thing!

Jake and Jennifer are SUPERSTARS!! I can't say enough wonderful things about them. My husband and I met them at a bridal show at the Founders Inn, and it was great to see them right next to other wedding photographers – their portfolio was hands down the most professional we saw, and their prices were beyond reasonable for the outcome.

From the beginning Jennifer went out of her way to accommodate me by re-arranging her schedule to have our initial meeting. She was professional, and gently gave me great suggestions and direction when I made it clear that I had no idea what I was doing. They even sent me a beautiful little gift of homemade beauty items like all natural lip balm in the mail – how nice is that?!

The day of our wedding at the Virginia Zoo, Jennifer and Julian Vinluan (brother of Jake and our incredible videographer) came to me to take pictures of me and my bridesmaids and Jake took care of the guys. They were both amazingly professional, prompt, funny (!!), and all around laid-back. After the wedding, they jumped into action and organized all of our (very large) family into taking portraits, and later came up with great ideas for our couple portraits. Honestly, spending most of our wedding day with them was a blast because they were just plain fun!

Our photos were ready in record time, but before the final shots were even online, Jennifer sent me a sneak peak blog, where she wrote up a beautiful little blurb about their experience, complete with some wonderful initial shots. The photos were INCREDIBLE!!!

To add to it all, just last week, we received a surprise 16x20 print of us in the mail – I can't ever recommend Jake and Jennifer (and Jules!) enough. My husband and I loved them and our family loved them!!

Sent on 11/06/2017
    Vinluan Photography 18
    Vinluan Photography 19
    Vinluan Photography 20

Lauren · Married on 08/05/2017

From running into Jake's amazing, welcoming and funny personality and smile at a Show Bride convention - to an initial meeting with Jennifer and hiring the Vinluans to be my wedding photographer, every step of my experience with Vinluan Photography was a joy.

We had an initial meeting (and had several other meetings with other photographers as well.) Once we decided to hire Jake & Jennifer we again met in person to discuss in detail personalized pricing and timelines. Jennifer helped keep my nerves calm and as a wedding professional was with me every step of the way to answer not only photography but other questions as well regarding the day and how the photography may fit in. It's such an integral part with all of the special moments (bouquet toss, first dance, speeches, introductions etc!)

Having a husband and wife team made pictures super easy in both suites and made pictures go by fast! After the perfect day was over - we were featured in a beautiful blog post we immediately got to share on FB with family and friends.

The price and value was excellent and the photos, lighting and posing was just right for the look I wanted for my wedding. I even hired their brother in law Julian to be my videographer and received an amazing video as well.

Overall a great team and highly recommend!

Vinluan Photography's reply:

Lauren! Thank you so incredibly much for taking the time to write this. I actually have a gift here at my house for you. It just needs to be mailed! <3

Jamie · Married on 04/22/2017

After having a horrible experience with the first wedding photographer we hired, Jake and Jenn were an absolute blessing! They love what they do, love their couples, and it truly shows in their product. I would, and do, recommend them to everyone I know!

Vinluan Photography 21
    Vinluan Photography 22
    Vinluan Photography 23
    Vinluan Photography 24
    Vinluan Photography 25
    Vinluan Photography 26
    Vinluan Photography 27

Vinluan Photography's reply:

Jamie! Thank you so much for this incredible review. We were seriously so honored to meet you and be able to be a part. I seriously miss your huge smile that lights up a room. Hope to see you guys on Thursday, if you can still make it! xoxo <3 So much love! Jen

Alycia · Married on 12/31/2016

Love, love, love The Vinluan! They were amazing and my weddding photos are perfect! Thank you Jennifer and Jake ?The Sawyers

Diana · Married on 11/05/2016

Highly, highly recommend

Jake and Jennifer did such an impressive job at our wedding, we went back to them for holiday family photos.
    1) We have amazing and beautiful engagement and wedding photos which are naturalistic and filled with light. Beautifully edited, the pictures last.
    2) They put you first! In pre- wedding meetings, we established what our priorities were (timelines, particular shots, etc) So the day of we both knew what to expect and they worked on dealing with any issues so you don't have to! (There are always wedding issues. For example, one of my groomsman disappeared for bridal party shots. Instead of stressing, our photos look happy with no one the wiser.)
    3) Ultimate professionals! My parents are very demanding, and the Vinluans impressed them so much that they want them for everything. :) Photos were taken logically and quickly, no "dead time" while planning a shot. As a bridesmaid in 5 other weddings, I now realize how difficult this is and the high level of talent from Jake and Jennifer. For example, family shots were planned to allow the highest number of people to leave for the reception while still obtaining the shots we wanted. All shots with me were done back to back, giving me the best break in my heels and preventing falls/ dress issues, etc. This is especially evident in the wedding party shots - light is evaluated, established, people moved, and the shot covered. I had no idea how difficult this really was until seeing a lot of other photographers miss it!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Kat · Married on 10/22/2016

Vinluan Photography did my photos for our engagement and wedding day. They had several competitive packages to choose from that fit our needs and budget, even payment options. We did a meet and greet to discuss my likes and wishes and the photographers even welcomed photos I found and liked online to duplicate on our special day. They also shared their work with me so I knew what to expect before committing; not many people were offering their time to me beforehand, just their website to view. Our guests loved the photographers while interacting at the photo shoots/wedding reception and loved the quality of their photos. I cannot say enough positives about this company and the quality of work they provided. I will be having our first baby soon and am planning on using them to do some baby photos once he gets a little bigger! Highly recommended!

Vinluan Photography 28
    Vinluan Photography 29
    Vinluan Photography 30
    Vinluan Photography 31

Vinluan Photography's reply:

Thank you thank you thank you! So much for taking the time to write this! It is so appreciated. xxoooo And so great to see you the other night

Caroline · Married on 09/10/2016

Jennifer has such an eye for detail in every photo she takes. She will make you feel extremely comfortable and give you tons of instructions if you don't know how to pose. She loves LOVE, and that's what I love about her! She is all about capturing the love between the couple. She is willing to do whatever it takes to get the perfect shot, like climb into bushes or lay on the dirty ground. If you want your photos to be timeless and beautiful, while enjoying every moment with your photographer, Vinluan Photography is your choice!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Susan · Married on 07/23/2016

Choosing a photographer hands down was the easiest decision out of all the wedding decisions I had to make. I already knew I wanted her to do my wedding photos before I even got engaged. If you want someone who is passionate about getting the perfect shots, someone down to earth and is comfortable to be around, and someone who makes everyone look great in photos, Jennifer is your girl. The HIGH QUALITY work at her price point is a steal and I loved having her in my corner.

Thank you so much, Jennifer and Jake! Everyone loves the photos! Love you guys!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Sharon · Married on 06/26/2016

Jake and Jennifer were easy to work with, fun, and just overall awesome. The photographs of my daughter's wedding were beautiful and creative. We live in Northern Virginia and they were happy to come up from Virginia Beach to help make my daughter's wedding perfect. Love them so much that we had them take family beach photos this summer.

Sent on 10/19/2017
    Vinluan Photography 39
    Vinluan Photography 40
    Vinluan Photography 41

Vinluan Photography's reply:

Thank you times a million for taking the time to write this. We are so appreciative. It was so great seeing you several weeks ago!x0x0

Allison · Married on 12/19/2015

Vinluan Photography did an amazing job at accommodating all of our picture requests of special family and friends and adding their own ideas to create beautiful, artistic photo memories of our wedding. We purchased their premium package, which also gave us an engagement photo shoot prior to the wedding, and free hair make-up for the bride.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Alicia · Married on 09/05/2015

I don’t know where to start. I had such an incredible experience with Vinluan Photography! They are super talented, very accommodating, and such a pleasure to work with! I absolutely LOVE the pictures they did for my wedding. They decorate most of my house. 10/10 would recommend!!!

Vinluan Photography 42
    Vinluan Photography 43
    Vinluan Photography 44

Maxine · Married on 04/04/2015

We can’t thank Vinluan Photography enough for the beautiful memories they’ve given us!! From our stunning engagement pictures to the absolutely beautiful bridal Session pictures!! Jennifer, listened and captured our ideas on camera. Jennifer has an unbelievable eye for photography!! It was an absolute pleasure working with Vinluan Photography!

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Vinluan Photography 49
    Vinluan Photography 50
    Vinluan Photography 51

J · Married on 11/01/2014

I fell in love with the unique artwork they had in their online portfolio and I knew right away, they were the photographers for us. They are by far the best and most creative photographers I have ever met! Super friendly as well! 5 STARS on every aspect possible! Thanks again guys for capturing our weddings most precious moments forever! #TheHarrells14

Sent on 10/18/2017

Greg · Married on 09/14/2014

Great experience

Overall a great experience!! On time, very thorough and received the final product promptly. Would highly recommend them to friends and family.

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • User2552044 · 2+ years ago

They were wondederful! I just saw my first three pictures and I couldn't ask for anything better. I'm sure the rest of their photos will be just as great! They showed up on time at the correct location and made sure to capture every shot. Highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Amber · Married on 02/02/2013

Jake and Jen have a great eye for Photography. They are very open to what you want and will offer their opinions as well. They love to try new things, but will do whatever you like as well. We had a blast with them and were very happy with both our engagement photos and wedding photos. They were very professional polite with our guests and not in your face. They do all events as well and a too-good-to-be-true rate.

Sent on 02/09/2013

Mclean · Married on 12/21/2018

Engagement and Wedding Photos

We absolutely loved our photos! It was hard to choose a favorite amongst them all! We also appreciated Jennifer’s openness to capture the style of pictures and poses we wanted!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Allie · Married on 07/01/2017

We used Vinluan Photography for our engagement pictures and our wedding day. We are absolutely thrilled with how they both turned out. Jennifer and Jake and so talented and super fun to work with. One of the things I loved most about them was how comfortable they made us feel, pictures didn't feel awkward at all. I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks for capturing such sweet memories for us!

Virginia · Married on 10/21/2017

3.5

I highly recommend Vinluan Photography for their hardwork in my daughter ‘s wedding. They did fantastic job and would re hire again in the future. Jennifer was very helpful at the hotel while the girls are dressing up and most especially helped my daughter.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Ellaine · Married on 06/09/2018

3.5

Jennifer was such a pleasure to work with for our engagement photos! She is very kind, caring and will make you feel comfortable during your photo shoot. My fiancé and I were a bit awkward when we first started, but after her coaching during the session we were pros! The quality of her work is seriously top notch. She brings out your best self in photo form! Just look at her website and you can see how amazing her eye is. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a photographer in the Hampton Roads area and beyond!