Village Club of Sands Point Reviews

111 | Port Washington, NY

111 Reviews for Village Club of Sands Point

111 Village Club of Sands Point Reviews

Lexi · Married on 07/21/2018

Village Club of Sands Point was a dream location for my wedding reception. Everything was absolutely perfect and the night could not have been more beautiful and romantic. Candles were scattered throughout the mansion and on the staircase, guests danced all night long in the courtyard with the glass ceiling, and the floral arrangements looked beautiful amidst the backdrop of stone walls and the dining room. Andrea, our wedding event coordinator, was so helpful and accommodating since day one. She ensured that everything was perfect and that the entire night went smoothly....thank you so much Andrea! The entire staff for the night was INCREDIBLE. Nothing but endless thank yous and compliments from my me, my husband, and all our guests. The morning of the wedding, I was able to get ready in one of the beautiful hotel suites at the venue which was perfect. We were given celebratory champagne and lunch which made getting ready a stress-free wonderful experience. To make things even more amazing, I was given a bridal attendant, Lucy, who treated me as if I was her own daughter and assisted me throughout the day. She was an absolute sweetheart and was a great help. Everyone involved in our reception was responsive, professional, genuinely kind, and helpful. Everything was literally perfect and I could not be happier. The food was absolutely delicious, wait staff accommodated all guests including my two little nephews (Thanks Zelda!), the acoustics were perfect for our 8 piece band, and all went smoothly. The Village Club of Sands Point is the epitome of romance, elegance, and class. My dream wedding became a reality!

Patricia · Married on 01/19/2018

Our wedding on January 20, 2018 was truly a dream come true! The Village Club of Sands Point provided a stunning, regal backdrop for a winter wedding. Executive Chef Jack Clark left no stone unturned to provide the most magnificent dining options. All the guests raved about the food selections, the wonderful wines and amazing desserts. Andrea Gomez and Elvis Jimenez were everywhere seeing to each detail. Absolutely each detail was perfect and we could relax and enjoy each moment of a perfect day. Thank you to all at the Village Club for such an experience!!

• Tatyana

Tatyana · Married on 12/30/2017

We just had our wedding at the Village Club of Sands Point and I recommend every Bride have there wedding here. Our 12/30/17 wedding was one we all will remember. Not one thing went wrong during this day! The charm and elegance of the VCSP is all the guests kept talking about. The staff were amazing with all the little details and helped with making sure we were fed all day because the day is just so busy. The food was also amazing! Everyone loved it. Last minute, I decided on a piano player for cocktail hour and they helped me find one in a weeks time! We did get lucky someone was available but without there help that wouldn’t have been possible. Being able to stay at the VCSP the whole weekend of the wedding was the best thing I have done and is a must for all Brides. It makes everything so much easier and with less things to worry about. Andrea and Elvis were ninja mind-readers. They never were in the way and when you needed something, somehow they were already there doing it or it was already done. They took all the stress away from me. I am so happy with how my wedding went and they are a huge part of making it perfect! Thank you for an amazing venue and staff! You must book the VCSP!

Sent on 01/09/2018
    Village Club of Sands Point 1
    Village Club of Sands Point 2

Village Club of Sands Point's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure to be apart of your special day!!

Ryan · Married on 11/04/2017

Where do I even start? First off, this venue is incredible and speaks for itself! It is beautiful inside and out. On top of that, Burak, Elvis, and Andrea were an absolute pleasure to work with. The thing I appreciated the most is that they were so flexible with anything we wanted to do and anything we threw at them, they knocked it out of the park! We are so grateful for everything they did and the hard work of their staff. This was a giant house party as the entire wedding party stayed in the rooms upstairs and really made for a nice day as some of our closest friends and family did not have to leave all day. The food was out-of-this-world! Ceremony was held in the courtyard which turned into the dance floor...UNREAL! On behalf of my wife and I, thank you to everyone at The Village Club of Sands Point as this place is truly a diamond in the rough.

Deniz · Married on 10/08/2017

Absolutely magical venue! The service and professionalism of everyone was perfect. Every detail was maticulasly attended to.

Jim · Married on 09/16/2017

VCoSP is an amazing place to have a wedding. The grounds and building are excellent and well kept, and Burak and Andrea are great to work with. They met all of our needs and expectations and even helped us out with a few details we overlooked - really had our backs and made sure everything went smoothly. We rented the rooms upstairs too, which were so nice, and it really makes you feel like you have the place to yourselves for a weekend. Once we found this place we knew it was our venue, so we were very happy that it was also a pleasure to work with them!

Patricia · Married on 09/03/2017

Excellent wedding venue. Beautiful grounds, magnificent mansion and great food. Everything about the day was perfect. Burak and his staff went above and beyond to help my son and his beautiful bride have a truly memorable experience.

Janine · Married on 05/07/2017

My wedding at the Village Club of Sands Point was truly a magical experience. Burak, Andrea, Elvis and staff made planning a wedding so simple. They were always so professional, responsive, flexible and organized. The venue itself is absolutely stunning and so elegant. The menu choices, food display, and service was fantastic. Everything flowed from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the dinner and dancing. I wish I could give ratings higher than 5 stars. I cannot thank them enough for organizing my fairytale wedding :)

Josette · Married on 05/07/2017

What an incredible place and what an incredible team!
    Our daughter's wedding was flawless thanks to team Burak, Andrea, Elvis, Brenda and the whole crew!
    Their professionalism, their hospitality and their flexibility made us feel right at home and made our guest rave about the wedding!!
    The food was amazing and the staff was super nice!
    Thank you for making this experience an unforgettable one!
    The Sadaka family

• User7737846 · 1+ year ago

Burak, Elvis, and Andrea were an absolute dream to work with! They were always very responsive, attentive, and really know how to throw a party!

Christine · Married on 01/01/2017

We had our wedding reception at the Village Club of Sands Point in 1997! I believe we were the first or one of their first weddings. It was magical. We danced in the courtyard listening to jazz musicians and dined in the beautiful dining room. We stayed in the hotel on the night of our wedding. Our photos are beautiful. I always felt so fortunate to have been married there.

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2016

This is the most beautiful venue. If I could live here I would. Andrea & Burak are amazing! And the Chef is personable, caring and makes the most delicious food! Our guests couldn't get over how plentiful and delicious everything was!! We did upgrade to the raw bar & lamb which everyone loved! Our guests also loved the decor and architecture of the building which is absolutely gorgeous. We will most definitely be back! :)

Monica · Married on 10/15/2016

Burak, Andrea and the rest of the VCSP team executed my vision for the wedding so impeccably that, exactly one month after the wedding, I am still at a loss for words. I did not have a wedding planner, so I worked very closely with Burak, and he far exceeded my expectations. I had a packed day-of timeline divided into five-minute intervals, and he had no problem handling every detail. Our bridal party and close friends stayed at the venue with us from Friday to Sunday, and I cannot adequately emphasize what a game changer this was. Staying in any of the twelve rooms in the mansion is an experience, but more importantly the ability to sleep at the mansion eliminates so much wasted time and stress on wedding day. As I got ready in the bridal suite on the second floor, I was able to look out the window into the outdoor garden and see the floral team set up the ceremony arch. When I walked down the hall to my bridesmaid's rooms, I was able to peer into the reception space. It felt like I was getting married in a private home/estate. The mansion is the bride and groom's for the weekend, and it's so fun to stay up with friends after the reception. We also did a paebaek (Korean bowing ceremony) during cocktail hour in the Oak Room, and Burak handled everything beautifully. Our guests raved about the food, the ambience, the incredible drinks and the flow of events. Burak and Andrea are a dream team - they are relaxed, kind and very detail-oriented (more than you know). I do not exaggerate - not one detail went unexecuted. I was able to trust them on the day of, the wedding went off without a hitch, and everything was ON TIME. So many guests came up to us and our family members during and after the wedding to tell us that our wedding was the classiest and most fun wedding they had ever been to. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts Burak, Andrea and the VCSP team. We are so grateful! Monica & David

Neil · Married on 10/01/2016

The Village Club of Sands Point proved to the the perfect setting for our daughters wedding! It provided the exact aesthetic we were looking for. Centrally located and perfectly picturesque. All details were attended to. Management and staff were attentive and responsive. Food was beyond expectations and very fairly priced.
    We received everything that we contracted for and more. All of our guests were impressed and complimentary.

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2016

Dear Burak, Andrea, Elvis, Chef Jack, Brenda and the entire staff of The Village Club of Sands Point,

Christian and I are finally back from our Honeymoon in Italy and we wanted to take a quick moment to thank the entire team at the Village Club for helping to make our October 1st wedding such an overwhelming success. The day was truly magical and far exceeded our expectations…The venue was just perfect for us and set the tone for a romantic, elegant and unique evening that our guests continue to talk about (and I continue to get teary-eyed when I think about!). I cannot begin to tell you how many of our friends and family have told us that our wedding was the best that they have ever attended!! The staff on hand the night of the wedding was professional, discreet and attentive and we truly appreciate all that was done to ensure the evening ran so smoothly. From the delicious food to the beautiful décor/set-up, the manicured grounds to the impressive glass-covered courtyard, the spacious hotel rooms to the generous lunch spread you provided the bridal party; not one element of the weekend was left unattended or overlooked. We cannot thank the team enough for the attention to detail and the high-quality of service that was provided to us on our most special day.

Finally, I want to say a special thank you to Burak and Andrea for being so patient with my emails, calls and in-person visits to the Village Club over the last several months in preparation for October 1. Not once did either of you make me feel as if I was an annoyance or that the event was ‘just another wedding’, and I truly appreciate the graciousness that both of you showed Christian, myself and my parents as we prepared for what surely will be remembered as one of the best days of my life.

Thanks again and wishing you all nothing but the best,
    Nicole Lipp

Jillian · Married on 09/10/2016

The Village Club of Sands Point is a gorgeous venue, and quite unique. We really enjoyed our wedding and our guests as well. The raw bar and paella were a big hit. I was originally concerned about 2 separate dinning rooms, but it all turned out great. Being able to stay at the venue the night of or before is an added plus, and Brenda is super helpful in cordinating the rooms. Burak and Andrea were both very helpful and accomodating. Overall a wonderful venue for a wedding or event.

JULISSA · Married on 09/04/2016

I don't know where to even start on how truly amazing it was to have our wedding at The Village Club of Sands Point. We fell in love with the mansion the minute we arrived and we knew it was where we would be getting married.

We worked very closely with Burak, Assistant General Manager and he was absolutely great! He was extremely professional, helpful, and responsive. Any questions/concerns we had he would instantly answer whether it was via email or phone. His many years of experience in the industry was very evident Andrea was our day of coordinator she worked alongside Burak from start to finish and she was simply amazing. Andrea engaged with us in a professional calm demeanor, always had a smile on her face, and was never overbearing, but always just a few feet away when help was needed. She assisted me with my wedding dress while we were taking pictures and before I went down the aisle, made sure to hold my bouquet, and handled all the little details for our perfect day. They both ensured our wedding day was exactly what we envisioned and their execution was flawless.

I also want to mention how amazing our food was the day of the wedding. It was top notch and the highest quality of food I have ever tasted at a wedding venue. We had the pleasure of having dinner at their grille and meeting Jack Clarke their Executive Chef. From the moment we met and talked with Jack we knew we would be in good hands. He was professional, but also extremely personable. It was like talking to an old friend. During our cocktail hour all the waiters were directed by Jack to make sure my husband and I always had food in our hands! He even took the time after the wedding to find us and make sure the food met our expectations and that everything went ok. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how delicious the food was and mentioned it was one of the best dinners they had at a wedding.

We couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to work with!

Emily · Married on 09/03/2016

We got married at Village Club this past labor day weekend and it was literally everything we could have hoped for and more! Burke and Andrea did a great job working out all the last minute details and the venue speaks for itself ... it's absolutely breathtaking!!

The night was magical for my daughter and son-in-law

dara · Married on 08/27/2016

There are no words to express how incredible the Village Club of Sands Point is. The venue is stunning and Burak and his team are absolutely incredible. Burak kept me and my family sane throughout the entire process and created a beautiful wedding for us. He knows the venue inside and out, and gave us helpful recommendations for every aspect of the wedding. No was never a response we heard from him- he made everything work. I was concerned about having guests seated in one room and dancing in the courtyard but it all worked out beautifully. Our friends and family are still raving about how beautiful everything was and how wonderful the food was! My advice for anyone who picks the Village Club: put 5 sets of string lights in the courtyard - the ambiance is amazing; get dressed at the Venue - the rooms are beautiful for pictures; ask for a golf cart to take you to the beach for a few pictures; ask Burak any questions you have and discuss any ideas you have, even if you think they are totally impossible; trust Burak; and make sure you get to the desert bar! Thank you, Burak for creating an incredible day and night for us!

Alexander · Married on 06/04/2016

We were extremely lucky to have found this venue and to have worked with Burak Meyveci for our wedding. Burak is patient, courteous, and always willing to stretch beyond the extra mile to make sure we were happy and to make sure the wedding was executed to our vision. The design and execution of our wedding was on par to none. We were ecstatic throughout the night of the event, and so were all of our friends and family, even the vendors, who told us it was the nicest wedding they've been to. We've had multiple friends tell us that the spacing of the event's highlights between the dancing, dinner, ceremony, and more dancing was perfect. Burak and his team were instrumental in making our night special. Jack Clarke, the executive chef, made us the best food - from cocktail hour to dinner through the after party. Everything from Jack's kitchen was made with love and the guests really appreciated it. He even came out to check on us to make sure we were eating. I'm sure he prepared a plate for my father-in-law during the cocktail hour, which was much appreciated. The food was primo! We've grown so close with the venue and Burak and his team that we'd love to come back to Sands Point at any chance we can get. A truly magical experience made possible by the people there! This will be a night etched in the memory of our family and all of our guests. Thank you!

Djenane · Married on 05/28/2016

A hidden gem! Our guests met with one surprise after another! A tree-lined private road opens 2 a golf course. The Guggenheim mansion (impressive on invitations!) is detailed & elegant. Matching this attention to detail is the staff and management. Guests were greeted with (included) valet parking, live piano playing (byop), intricate wrought iron gates, marbled halls, wood-burning fireplace (lit in winter) and a grand staircase (for your entrance). Cut in the center is a marble tiled dance floor/courtyard where our guests watched the bouquet toss from a 2nd fl balcony. There’s a cocktail hour bar room & a sunroom with ceiling to floor arched windows that open up to a brick patio where d view is sprawling green lawns, flowered landscape fit for a botanical garden, & big Greek columns with a tree-lined carpet of grass btwn. The main dining room has a mantel, crystal chandeliers, arched windows framing the courtyard & huge interior French doors that open up to the central courtyard. Additional perks include: a white sand beach (fun golf-cart ride), tea light candles & a luxurious room in the hotel upstairs. Our guest wandered at leisure bc the venue was ours for the day. We got RAVING compliments on the food (prepared fresh on order). Guests said the filet mignon melted like butter in mouth and the salmon fell away at the fork. They devoured the gourmet hor d'oeuvres! The manager worked with our budget through out, gave us suggestions on vendors, planning, decorating, & timing. He was easily reachable, honest & kind. The mgnt & staff shuttled guest, making everything run seamlessly & professionally. Mgnt was also quick to respond & resolve problems. Most impressive was the value! Bc it really IS used as SP's village center, people overlook it. Don't be one of those fools. This was by far the best bang for our buck! We’re not rich but had a wedding of Great Gatsby proportions! Go see it in person & you'll probably put the deposit down the same day like we did!

Michael · Married on 11/29/2015

We can only say that the venue in one word is spectacular
    That being said the entire staff at the Village Club at Sands Point was always responsive and made our wedding something that we and all our guests will always remember. We felt like a guest at the actual party and never had to think about any details.
    We have recommended another couple having their wedding and they already secured the date.
    Thanks especially to Burak Meyveci and Frank Benzacour the General Manager for all of your help and making us feel so good on this special day in our lives
    Peggy and Michael Laby

Dr. Peter · Married on 11/07/2015

This venue was extremely wonderful in every respect! It was immaculately clean,well run, and very responsive to all my requests, before, during and even after the wedding was over. Throughout the
    party my guests came over to me and said this was the best food they had ever eaten at a venue, and the bride and her maids of honor were very thoughtfully provided for during the hours preceding the actual
    wedding while the hair and makeup professionals were doing their work. The size and furnishings in the
    bridal suite were opulent and accommodating for all the women in the bridal party, and there were many!
    Special mention must be made for the manager, Burak, who ran the event flawlessly, and his assistant
    Andrea, who was everywhere. Jack, the exec. chef is a Genius, and Brenda, the hotel manager, was
    extremely patient and helpful for me and my guests who stayed overnight in the very elegant upstairs
    hotel rooms. As wonderful and beautiful as the Guggenheim mansion at the Village Club was, in the end
    it was the exceptionally professional staff, some of whom I just named, who deserve the most credit.
    t