50 Reviews for village bake shoppe

Consultations (1)
Delivery (1)
Setup (1)

0.5

This was one of the worse experiences I have ever had. Even though my mother made the appointment, when I got there the ladies didn't seem to be excited to help us. The lady that was talking to us just started ranting about cakes and didn't even ask what we were looking at first. Then when is come to the cake tasting, if you can even call it cake tasting, they brought in one flavor if cakes and icing. It was dry, bland, and almost tasteless. Then when I finally mention that i wanted cupcakes instead on the a wedding cake the lady looked at me like I had to heads. She even tried to talk me out of the colors I was looking for. I walk out of there thinking I will never go back to that place again, ever.

Profile Picture Cristina, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Village Bake Shoppe made my wedding cake for my October 2015 wedding at Green Pond Country Club. I picked out a photo and they made an exact replica of it. Not only was the cake gorgeous but it was delicious too. I highly recommend chocolate cake with cherry filling and the american buttercream! Everyone raved about how delicious it was!

Profile Picture User5623150, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Setup, Delivery

We had a 4 tier vanilla butter cream cake and it tastes just as good 3 weeks later. We highly recommend Village Bake Shoppe, for your wedding cake.

Profile Picture Adlin, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had three layers and three different kinds. Each one was more delicious than the other!

Profile Picture Tara, 8/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was very pricy but it was worth every penny! Our wedding cake was beautiful and just what we asked for. The colors were so vibrant and perfect. We ordered sheet cakes also but asked for half chocolate and half vanilla and all of the sheet cakes were full vanilla. It still tasted amazing but it was not what we had signed the contract for. It is hard to complain about that when their products are still amazing!

Profile Picture User3025429, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

May cake was gorgeous! I also had a groom's cake made decorated in camo, it was perfect! The traditional white cake with raspberry mousse is just to die for!

Profile Picture Jill, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best wedding cake in the Lehigh valley!!! We had 4 tier different flavor each layer. Always got cakes from Village for all occasions never had a complaint, best service, designed the way you want it.

Profile Picture Brian, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

From our first cake tasting, we were impressed! They're cake flavors were amazing and we were even able to take home a sample cake with us (who else does that just for a tasting?!). They listened to our ideas too and it came out amazing, just how we wanted it to be.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake we received from Village Bake Shoppe was absolutely beautiful and what I had pictured. It was just as delicious as it was beautiful. We heard how moist and delicious the cake was all night. So many people complimented the cake and how it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. No matter what you want, they can definitely figure out how to make it work. We are so pleased with the cake and all of the people we worked with from Village.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Village Bake Shoppe is amazing! They are extremely talented and were able to do everything my husband and I asked of them. My guests could not stop talking about how delicious the cake was. I highly recommend using them for any occasion that requires a cake!

Profile Picture Haley, 6/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The Village Bake Shop made my wedding cake as part of the package I purchased for my reception. The cake was beautiful! They made it exactly to my specifications and delivered it on time. Mary Ann was a pleasure to meet with for our tasting. Everyone I spoke to (via phone or in person) was friendly and helpful. Most importantly the cake was DELICIOUS!!!!

Profile Picture Theresa, 6/28/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake from Village Bake Shoppe was beautiful! Not only did it look wonderful, but it tasted great as well! It got many compliments during our wedding reception from our guests. They were very flexible in the design process...they really want you to have what you want and are willing to make it work. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Kaylyn , 6/14/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

After meeting with two other bakers, Village Bake Shoppe was the only one who said they could make my vision happen (and it wasn't even very complex). Of course they were price competitive and easy to work with too.
And the cake was delicious and well received by our guests :)

Profile Picture Valerie, 5/17/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The Village Bake Shop is professional and accommodating. The cake looked beautiful! If you work with Nancy Galler's Floral Designs, she will decorate the cake with flowers...great value! I wasn't a big fan of the way the cake tasted, it wasn't flavorful and it was a bit dry. The sheet cake my guests ate from my caterer was much better.

Profile Picture User3470792, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious cake! They were able to do exactly what I was looking for. Great on time delivery in perfect condition. The cake looked beautiful!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 3/29/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

All our wedding guests raved about our cake saying it was so moist, velvety and the icing was to die for!!! We were afraid to have a lot of cake left over after the party, but all our guest gobbled it up! The Village Bake Shoppe did a fantastic job and we will be sure to order more baked goods from them in the future!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/8/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

It was a pleasure to work with Village Bake Shoppe and our wedding cake was perfect! We had a simple elegant design and our tiers were red velvet, and white cake with strawberry mousse. It was delicious, and a huge hit! We also did cupcakes for our wedding party and the table was set up in a picture perfect way with the cake in the center and the cupcakes and tea lights surrounding it. Everyone loved it! And lucky for us, we even had some extra to take home!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/21/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used this vendor for our wedding cake because it was the suggested bakery for our reception site package. While the cake tasted great, I was a little disappointed that what I had brought pictures in of would have cost a lot more than the "standard" package offered. Overall, cake was good. You have to try the french butter cream icing, delicious!

Profile Picture User2994070, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was included in the package with our venue, and came from village bake shoppe. It was absolutely delicious, and they were very accommodating to create the exact cake we wanted. I mixed two different shapes, added color, and even had them include rhinestones on the cake. They were very prompt in getting back to me through the entire process.

Profile Picture User3881588, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best cake I have ever tasted! We used them for our wedding cake as well as the groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner. Both were phenomenal!! The tasting was an amazing experience and we loved that we got a little cake to take home as well as the adorable plating for our first taste! The groom's cake was a 3d skateboard ramp that looked incredieble and tasted even better!!! Our wedding cake looked absolutely beautiful and also tasted wonderful!! We will be coming there for all of our bakery needs!!! Our guests loved the cakes as well!!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/5/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They made a beautiful cake for our wedding with the most delicate edible flowers going up the center. Everyone loved the cake and we were very happy with the quality of service we received.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 9/20/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our family has been getting cakes from Village Bake Shoppe for years, so I knew I wanted my wedding cake to be one of theirs as well. Luckily our reception venue also used Village Bake Shoppe as their included cake vendor! When we set up the tasting we had no clue what flavors we might want so we chose three cakes, three icings and three fillings so we could make our best choices. The moment we tasted the bridal white cake, paired with their new vanilla chai filling and the french buttercream icing, we were in cake heaven. My husband and I would bring up the cake over the months of planning simply by saying "I can't wait to eat that CAKE!" Our cake style was simple. I knew I wanted a textured "martha stewart" style tiered cake with room for flowers. They also had the cake stand I was wanting available to rent instead of having to go out and buy a food-save slab of tree trunk to get the full effect I wanted. When we got to the reception, the cake was everything I dreamed when it was all put together and guests were raving about the cake filling flavor, trying to figure out what exactly it was we chose and why it was so delicious! We suggest Village Bake Shoppe to any of our newly engaged friends and hope you find some new customers from our well-fed wedding guests!

Profile Picture Megan , 8/24/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I had never heard of the Village Bake Shoppe until I booked my wedding at Green Pond Country Club. I have been missing so much! Our cake was gorgeous and absolutely delicious. During our tasting, MaryAnn took lots of time and answered every question we could throw at her with ease. Thank you!

Profile Picture User2229663, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The village cake shoppe was fantastic!! Not only did our 3 cakes look amazing they also tasted phenomenal as well. I also really like how they give you the option to get a new cake for your 1 year anniversary! Love them!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 5/31/13, 5 Reviews
3.0

While my wedding cake eventually turned out okay, I'm glad we decided to pick it up a day early. Even though I had a consultation and gave them a photo of EXACTY what I wanted (very simple 3 layer rustic cake), when we picked it up it was covered in this awful glitter and had cheap fake flowers when we were promised real ones! We had to drive back and have it re-frosted... they said that "most brides LOVE the glitter." Well unfortunately, I am not "most brides" and was shocked that they wouldn't ask me if I wanted it since it changed the whole look of my cake. Moral of the story here... make sure you specify "No Glitter" or you will get a tacky Sweet 16 looking cake!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 5/25/13, 5 Reviews