Villa Punto de Vista Reviews

95 | Manuel Antonio, CR

95 Reviews for Villa Punto de Vista

Karl · Married on 01/21/2017

I attended a wedding in January at this villa. I've stayed a villas from Jamaica to Greece and this hands down this was the most beautiful and majestic of them all.
    Wildlife, cool breezes, a villa that pays attention to detail and Oliver the butler is the best in the business. Amazing wedding hosts!!
    The views rival anywhere in the world. I would just like to say thank you. Bride and groom were very happy as was everyone at the wedding.
    I booked a group for 2018 and look forward to coming back!

Sent on 01/24/2017

The Villa is architecturally extraordinary and it is situated perfectly within a very short walk to the beach and Manuel Antonio's National Park. The views of the Pacific Ocean are stunning from everyone room in the Villa. The staff led by Oliver and Jossue make you feel at home and are incredible helpful and accommodating with any request. It was truly a magical venue for the perfect couple. Anyone who is looking for destination wedding, look no further.

Sent on 01/26/2017

Sami · Married on 01/16/2017

Best Villa to have a wedding. The Staff, Host, and Villa are beyond words. Everything exceeded our expectations and left me with some of the best memories one can have. This is THE Hidden Gem of Costa Rica. Five Stars all around. Thank you Villa Punto De Vista for making our wedding so special. You're the best!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Steven · Married on 01/14/2017

It's difficult to describe the beauty of Villa Punto de Vista that looks over the beach and ocean of the Pacific Ocean in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. A true 5 star magnificent home with all the extra's you could only imagine, sitting in the middle of an incredible rain forest, mountains and beach. When we arrived at the house, we were greeted by an amazingly warm and friendly staff with fresh cocktails in hand with music in the background. It was a great way to start our experience!. The amzing architecture was something i have never seen before. Once we got to the top floor (by way of stairs or an elevator), there was in incredible hot tub overlooking the ocean with an amazing view. 5 of us jumped right in, as there were fresh towels right there, and a bar with drinks flowing right by, being made by one of the super friendly staff members at the house (who all made it their mission to make us all extremely happy, providing anything we needed!). There was wild life including monkeys and other cool animals that were hanging out right by the house in the tree tops that were eye level to the 4th and 5th floors. We did take a tour of the national park, but the views of the animals were better sitting in the hot tub or on the luxury couches on the floor right below. The air conditioning had controls for each individual room, so everyone there could keep the temp how they liked it, which makes a huge difference. There was even a pool table in one of the rooms where we played into the late hours of the night. Even in the middle of the rain forest, we were still connected to high speed internet that kept us connected to the outside world when we wanted.

Within walking distance to the beach, there are so many activities to do, including surfing, parasailing, jet skiing, on-beach massages, and great fun restaurants. I've been to Costa Rica many times, but never to accomodations of Villa Punto de Vista!!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Clive · Married on 12/09/2016

Stunning House, amazing location, top service, Simply incredible. All the guests loved it and were treated like royalty.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Jill · Married on 12/03/2016

Punto De Vista was absolutely fabulous. All of the rooms in the Villa are spectacular! Wonderful views, monkeys and iguanas visited frequently, but most of all the service we received at Punto de Vista was top notch. Ollie and Josue were so hospitable and took every stress away. Need superglue- no problem. How about a spicy margarita, got that too.

All of our guests absolutely loved the venue as well. It rained during the wedding, but that wasn't a problem with the covered rooftop and they had side flaps to put down as well to protect the guests. They even heated the pool for us, which we spent many, many hours in. I have nothing bad to say about the whole experience and though expensive, it was worth every penny.

Sent on 12/12/2016

My wife and I hosted our daughter’s wedding here last week, and I am still on a high with how awesome the villa, staff, furnishings, location, in short the total experience was. Probably the best feature was the staff, they were fun, attentive, understanding and just made everything so enjoyable and easy. The villa staff seamlessly coordinated with all the external services, chef, flowers, tables, etc. needed for a wedding. The house is really special, every bedroom has an incredible view with floor to ceiling windows, yet due to the design, privacy. An elevator allowed elderly grandmothers to attend. The kind of place where all our guests continued to thank us for including them. Truly special.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Cordell · Married on 09/14/2016

Villa Punto de Vista is the ultimate in luxury for a villa rental. I had a magical wedding there and everything was done to perfection!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

It's difficult to put into words just how amazing it is to stay and be married at Punto de Vista. My husband and I were married June 2016, and we stayed at the villa with our wedding party (26 stayed, 70 attended the wedding) for five nights. I have to stress that it's not only the views, the tranquility, the open air spaces, the outrageously comfortable beds and sheets, the artful layout, the balconies, that make this place so unique: it's the people. The level of service is extraordinary and like nothing you have ever experienced. I was fortunate to grow up traveling to five star places--and they don't even compare. The people at Punto de Vista are so warm and genuine, I will never forget the smiles and care they took with us: it was like they knew what we wanted even before we did!! Plus breakfast was the most delicious I have ever! What a treat to sit at the beautiful wood table with all our friends, ensconced in the jungle but with the sea breeze and view to the open ocean. At the villa, everything is crystal clear glass and the howler, capuchin, and squirrel monkeys, plus toucans and tanagers hang out within arms reach. From the luxurious balconies and common spaces, which are brilliantly laid out for relaxed lounging and socializing, we could watch some of the wedding party surf the world-class break right below the villa. Playitas beach, below the villa and where we had our ceremony, is hands down the most beautiful beach we have seen: islands, white sand, fun waves, and very few people (plus a resident sloth.) I feel like we were able to treat our friends and family to the experience of a lifetime: we are all thinking of ways and reasons to get back! If you are thinking at all about Punto de Vista, do it. I remember just how HUGE the smiles on the faces of my friends and family were ALL THE TIME. In the villa, all their stress melted away. It’s the treat of a lifetime and so much more value for the money that we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 08/30/2016
  • I

Ivannia · Married on 04/30/2016

We wanted to thank you on behalf of all who stayed at the villa. The beauty of the house is beyond imagination, with that design, those details... it's incredibly beautiful.
    But the magic was to hire those wonderful people who work there! Each of the staff with whom we met made ??the stay a wonderful and unforgettable experience. Everyone was super friendly and amazing. And then our wedding day was of the most amazing days of our lives.
    Thanks for giving us a magical experience !!!!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Marce · event on: 04/16/2016

Trip of a lifetime! Look no further. This place is stunning. We loved every second of our stay here. The staff was exceptional. Easy access to the beach and activities.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Stacy · event on: 04/13/2016

This villa is absolutely breathtaking! The property is lush and well maintained. We spotted sloths just off the patio and were visited daily by monkeys. The view of the Pacific Ocean is large and expansive. All members of the staff go the extra mile to satisfy your every wish. The food was made with love and care. Our master suite was modern, well maintained, and furnished with luxurious amenities. I loved the bedding so much that I photographed the tags on the sheets so that I could buy them for my home. Getting to the beach was a little walk down the gravel road but the villa has 4x4 off road vehicles to take you back and forth. I actually preferred to walk on some days just to get some exercise. I highly recommend this home and would love to return on another trip.

Sent on 05/12/2016

keriann · event on: 04/12/2016

We rented this luxurious house for my husband's 50th Birthday. We had 18 of our closest friends join us on this amazing trip to Costa Rica! It was truly a trip of a life time. The house was Spectacular!!! The staff was Amazing and so helpful!!!! They made our delicious breakfast every morning at whatever time was convenient for our group and planned all of our amazing excursions. We had the chefs prepare our lunches by the beautiful pool while Ollie , the house Manager made our yummy drinks!!!! The monkeys also loved Ollie's drinks by the pool!!! I can not say enough about the staff at the house!! They make the trip so much more enjoyable.
    We had a Birthday dinner at the house which turned into more of a rehearsal dinner party.
    The table was set up so elegantly and the staff surprised us with live music during dinner.
    The meal was awesome and we ended the night dancing on the dancing floor on the 1st level of the house. We were blessed enough to meet to owner of the house and his business partner while we were there! They are simply the nicest people in the world!! They have poured their heart and soul in this house!!! It literally has everything and more then a 5 star resort!!!! We had safes in our room as well as stocked refrigerators. Daily housekeeping and all your toiletries were also included!!!! The sheets are the softest sheets I have ever slept in!! We all want to buy them for our homes!!! The rooms are beautiful and all unique !!!
    The only thing that could of made this trip any better would if I had brought our kids with us!!!
    We plan on going back with several families!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Steven · event on: 04/03/2016

Our week at Villa Punto de Vista was the best vacation of my life and my new favorite destination!
    There are so many great things that combine to make this a very special destination. The Villa itself is absolutely amazing, truly an architectural masterpiece that left no detail or expense spared. Designed for large groups but with intimate gathering places so the size never overwhelmed you. But an amazing property is never enough to make it this spectacular; you need the perfect combination of location, beach, things to do and most importantly – the staff!
    I can’t say enough about the staff at Villa Punto de Vista. Josue was the Estate Manager and Concierge. He was so warm and welcoming. And was always there with a cold towel, or even colder cocktail! Breakfast always ended with hugs from Yessenai. Our rooms were kept spotless by Rosita, Jamie and Jose. Israel was ready to take you and your cooler down to the beach at any moment.
    I absolutely loved the beach right down the dirt road from the Villa. Located on the quieter North end of Manuel Antonio beach, it was absolutely stunning.
    We loved Manuel Antonio National Park too. We hired a guide that Josue recommended and was fabulous. We saw howler monkeys, white faced monkeys, spider monekys, raccoons, squirrels, spiders and even 8 different sloths!
    We even spoke with the owners, David and Christian before and during our week and they were genuinely interested in making sure we had a great time.

If you are a large group, we were 17 people, your search is done. Stop what you are doing and give David or Christian a call and get ready for the best week of your life!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Kevin · Married on 01/28/2016

Truly one of the best experiences of my life! The accommodations, amenities, and especially the staff were top notch. I've stayed at several five star hotels, and in my opinion, none of them hold a candle to Punto de Vista.

My wife and I were getting married in Manuel Antonio and we decided to rent the villa for ourselves and the wedding party. In retrospect, that was probably the best decision we could have made. The design, layout, and décor were perfectly suited for our reception, and the privacy that the villa offered made our celebration much more intimate and special (who wants a bunch of random hotel guests loitering around your wedding reception?). All of our guests have done nothing but raved about the experience, and they continue to post pictures on social media websites two months after the fact; it has almost gotten out of hand.

The week surrounding the reception was amazing as well. When we weren't exploring Manuel Antonio and the activities that the area offers, we were lounging by the pool, hanging out with the resident monkeys and sloths, catching a snooze in the hammocks on the beach, or enjoying the sunset from the roof top jacuzzi with a delicious beverage in hand.

Lastly, what made this place really special was the staff. In particular, our "butlers" Olivier and Jossue were two of the most gracious, accommodative, and wonderful people you will ever meet. My wife sobbed when she said goodbye to those two, and has made a vow to return one day. The kitchen staff was also unbelievable. A group of warm and hard working women prepared a delicious made-from-scratch feast every morning. I'll never forget the fresh juices as long as I live.

An excellent review doesn't do this place justice. All I can say is I will be back someday.

Sent on 03/22/2016

We just wanted to say thank you again for a beyond memorable stay at Villa Punto de Vista. It really is difficult to put into words just how special it was for us and our families. We recall you telling us that we wouldn't be disappointed and of course you were correct. Truth is, the Villa is better than anything we could have expected. You (David Konwiser) did an amazing job designing it; indeed, we had a hard time coming up with anything we'd change!

But what truly makes Villa Punto de Vista stand out is the people working in it. We simply cannot say enough good things about each and every member of the staff, from Oliver to Jose to Rosita and down the line. Oliver in particular went above and beyond, from taking one of our dads to the markets to taking me on back-to-back afternoons into Quepos to help me get my debit card that I left in an ATM. He's a special person and we hope to stay in touch with him.

Thank you again for providing a once-in-a-lifetime venue for our wedding. We hope to come back in the future.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Jill · Married on 11/14/2015

The villa and staff surpassed all expectations. Pictures do not do this venue justice. It was everything that I hope for and so much more. Everyone was friendly, helpful and truly made it a trip of a lifetime. I could not have hoped for a more beautiful place to get married at. Again, thank you so much for everything! We are already talking about our next trip back!

Sent on 12/09/2015

I stayed at Punta de Vista in mid-August with my husband and friends for a wedding. It was truly spectacular! The first thing you see when you pull up at the villa is the AMAZING architecture. It's modern and elegant but also warm with touches of rustic and zen - all in one. The ocean and jungle views from each floor of the villa are gorgeous. The staff is welcoming, warm, professional and always attentive. They booked excursions for us outside of the villa - such as zip lining - with the best tour groups in town. The food prepared by the kitchen staff was always delicious; they served the best and freshest local cuisine. Our room was spacious, immaculately clean and comfortable. We had a patio overlooking the jungle with a hammock, which was perfectly peaceful for afternoon naps! The sheets on our bed were amazingly soft - the best sheets we have ever encountered at any hotel (and we travel a lot!). In fact, I'm buying sets of those sheets for my beds at home! We had a truly magnificent experience. I only wish Punta de Vista existed 12 years ago when I got married - I would have definitely gotten married there! I can't say enough wonderful things about about it. I hope to visit again soon and often!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Barbara · event on: 08/13/2015

I stayed at Punta de Vista in mid-August with my husband and friends for a reunion. It was truly spectacular! The first thing you see when you pull up at the villa is the AMAZING architecture. It's modern and elegant but also warm with touches of rustic and zen - all in one. The ocean and jungle views from each floor of the villa are gorgeous. The staff is welcoming, warm, professional and always attentive. They booked excursions for us outside of the villa - such as zip lining - with the best tour groups in town. The food prepared by the kitchen staff was always delicious; they served the best and freshest local cuisine. Our room was spacious, immaculately clean and comfortable. We had a patio overlooking the jungle with a hammock, which was perfectly peaceful for afternoon naps! The sheets on our bed were amazingly soft - the best sheets we have ever encountered at any hotel (and we travel a lot!). In fact, I'm buying sets of those sheets for my beds at home! We had a truly magnificent experience. I only wish Punta de Vista existed 12 years ago when I got married - I would have definitely gotten married there! I can't say enough wonderful things about about it. I hope to visit again soon and often!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Al · Married on 08/12/2015

Punto De Vista provides a visually stunning background to a wedding celebration. The staff, catering to your whims and desires, is top notch and left out no detail in providing a wonderful experience for family and friends visiting our small wedding event. The homes boasts 10+ bedrooms and provides enough space for groups to mingle or isolate oneself in focus and meditation. As a reception venue, guests can meander between different levels with multiple entertainment spaces. The thing that sets this villa apart is the careful attention to architectural details that function with the natural surroundings to create a noteworthy setting to any endeavor. There were a number of young ones in attendance, between the ages of 3-12, that found wonder around every turn. We were not here simply for a wedding but for the opportunity to share our joy with close friends and family through a week's worth of activities and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Families frolicked on the picturesque beach, took zip-lining and horseback tours, hung out in WWII bomber converted to a bar, and came together in a bonding experience, the likes of which I cannot compare. As you browse through the pics, please do realize that the villa is exponentially more beautiful and needs to be seen in person to believe. I cannot think of a better destination wedding venue for a group of close-knit family and friends

Sent on 09/09/2015

Simon · Married on 08/12/2015

Amazing architecture, located in the jungle above the Pacific. It is paradise. 5 star luxury with an amazing staff. Definitely the most magnificent setting for a wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2015

This is an amazing villa in a stunning location; unlike anyplace I have ever stayed.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Stan · Married on 06/16/2015

My wife and I were married at Punto De Vista in June 2015. We stayed at the Villa with the maximum capacity of guests and our entire party was just over 40 people. While our event itself was largely put together by a coordinator and other vendors, the advice and guidance we received from David, the owner, was exactly what we needed. The rest came together beautifully. Here is what really sets this place apart. The people(I don’t call them staff) who are charged with making your stay extraordinary and themselves extraordinary. Every single one of them. The millions and millions it cost to build and maintain this Villa, is negligible compared to warmth passion and genuine desire with which they do their job. The details were unbelievable. We just stared at each other, we just didn’t expect so much of it. It's better this way, you will be amazed by the little things. We've been to 5 diamond hotels, just 2 months before, as a matter of fact, on Maui. If you know what those Hotels are, you know they are world class. They cannot even be compared to the experience we had here. It took me a month to start to write this review because i am not good enough of a writer to express what it was like. If you are considering PDV, do it. It will change your life and your expectations forever. Wedding or just a vacation, doesn’t matter! We will never forget our wedding week. We still talk about it all the time. Our families and friends have not stopped thanking us for bringing them to Costa Rica and this Villa, and some of them had not traveled for 20 years. All we keep talking about, all 40 of us. is how to go back and we will! When you go, say hi to everyone there, from Neda and Stan!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Mrs · Married on 06/06/2015

Absolutely the best time of our lives. The villa is beyond gorgeous. But the attention to detail and amazing staff put it over the top! I hope to find an excuse to rent it out again someday in the near future and re-live the magic!

Sent on 07/02/2015

therese · Married on 05/31/2015

This was a unique and exceptional venue sitting on a hill in the Costa Rican Rain Forest with views of the Pacific Ocean. Service and staff exceptional, food fantastic.

Sent on 06/09/2015