Villa Parker Reviews

88 | Parker, CO

88 Reviews for Villa Parker

Marcella · Married on 09/14/2014

The venue was absolutely GORGEOUS, and the staff went out of their way to make sure our day went super smoothly. My husband and I were incredibly pleased with every aspect that Villa Parker contributed to our day.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Villa Parker's reply:

Thank you Marcella and Ken for hosting your wedding at Villa Parker! It was a true honor and joy to be part of your special day and wish you continued love and happiness. Ciao!:)

Michelle · Married on 04/25/2014

Beautiful environment! Great pictures to be taken all around! 4 wonderful selections for ceremony (able to accomodate due to weather)
    Thank you to everyone at the venue and the preferred vendors to making our event so care-free and able to stay with-in our budget. Both sides of our family and friends were so comfortable and very impressed with how everything turned out. Special thanks to Karen and Lauren!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Alysia · Married on 01/05/2014

We celebrated our winter wedding at Villa Parker and we were very impressed with this venue. Everything about it was beautiful from the well groomed candle-lit courtyard to the beautiful Tuscan archways. The staff was easy and fun to work with. I worked mostly with Karen and my day of coordinator Erica and they were both so sweet and very helpful. I left feeling like part of the Villa Parker family. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Brittany · Married on 07/11/2014

3.5

Villa Parker was a beautiful venue! The landscape is amazing and had lots of beautiful flowers, trees and architecture! Karen at Villa was wonderful to work with in the beginning stages and very kind. Laurie our coordinator thru villa did a great job handling the rain on our wedding day which could have ruined everything but she handle the switch very fast and seamlessly! One of my favorite things about Villa were the tastings they did giving you an opportunity to taste the vendors food as well as connect with other vendors to us all in one location, making some of the planning process less stressful :-)

Sent on 08/05/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2011

Villa Parker provided a beautiful backdrop for my day! Erika was wonderful to work with and really worked hard to make my day special. The open house nights that Villa sponsors really are awesome. Once a month they host an event where they invite one of their preferred caterers and other vendors they work with. The caterer serves a full meal and the villa is dressed up. Makes it super easy to see what your event would be and to meet other vendors without a lot of pressure. Wonderful day!

Sent on 07/19/2011
  • Brit & Kristina

Brit & Kristina · Married on 12/19/2010

Villa Parker is the perfect venue for elegance, intimacy, and class. The building is beautiful and offers a unique setting, large enough for a few hundred if needed but small enough to feel as though you can relax and be yourself. It is surprisingly condusive to a spectrum of desired atmospheres, from cozy backyard wedding to elegant gala.

While I would have hoped for quicker email responses in the early months, Erika was very responsive and extremely attentive and helpful closer to the day of the wedding. Molly did a great job of helping us plan our other vendors in our budget and according to what we were looking for.

The day of the wedding, Erika and Molly worked tirelessly to set everything up perfectly. I was able to relax and take a huge breath before the wedding and I didn't have to micro-manage or do a thing myself. A few details were forgotten which was frustrating afterwards but overall the day was amazing and perfectly memorable thanks to their hard work.

My only warning with using the Villa is that they, with no exceptions, require clients to choose between a select few Caterers, Photographers, and Alcohol vendors. These vendors tend to be pricey and the Alcohol vendor was completely incompetant, so the investment in Villa Parker is higher than originally expected.

With that said, my wedding was absolutely a dream come true and Villa Parker comes closer to perfection than I believe any other venue could. I would highly recommend it for any type of wedding.

Sent on 01/04/2011

Dan · Married on 05/17/2009

Villa Parker was a beautiful, unique venue to host our wedding. The indoor-outdoor flow is perfect for Colorado weather and creates a comfortable space for guests. Plus, the bridal suite is great for getting ready pre-ceremony. The owners are extremely hands-on and friendly -- they clearly love this property and sharing it with brides and grooms-to-be.

Sent on 07/05/2009

Heather · Married on 10/04/2008

3.0

Villa Parker is a beautiful venue for any occasion.
    Joanna Bailey, the coordinator at Villa Parker is a true asset. She and her staff worked very hard to make all our dreams for our wedding day come true. She was very calming for me the day of my wedding and took care of every detail. She made me and my husband feel very special with nothing to worry about the day of our wedding.
    Erika, the owner can come across as abrasive at times, however she has a very good heart.
    Be aware at this venue there is not much flexibility when hiring vendors, as they must be on the approved vendor list from Villa Parker.
    Overall, our wedding was amazing and beautiful and a dream come true at Villa Parker.

Sent on 02/11/2009

Julie · Married on 12/29/2009

4.2
      3.0

We absolutely loved our reception at Parker Villa! It was absolutely beautiful and Erika and Joe were so kind and did everything we asked. Molly was wonderful to work with on the day of and made sure we had everything we needed. Our guests stayed and stayed and enjoyed the ambiance that Villa Parker offers. My only complaint is that they didn't have the drive plowed and cleared so it was an icy drive. The horse and carriage we hired was not able to be used since the drive was not plowed and was icy. Other than that, it was great. My daughter said it was the perfect venue for the reception of her dreams! Thank you so much for your hard work and for sharing Villa Parker. Joe and Erika are awesome!

Sent on 01/20/2010

Danah · Married on 04/19/2013

3.0

We love Villa Parker and how beautiful it is! As soon as my husband and I looked at the venue we knew it was where we wanted to get married. We love that we get the entire venue for the entire day and that there is a wonderful bridal suite big enough for the bridal party to get ready in. They were also very accommodating with providing glassware and some overlays that were leftovers from other events which kept our costs down. The day of the event went very smoothly and there were only a few hiccups overall. Make sure if you want to play a slideshow at your event, that it plays correctly the day before! We were not informed that there was a certain format we had to put it as and my poor sister worked so hard to do it. They will also charge a fee to use the projector. They were getting their liquor license while we were planning so we weren't too clear about bar fees until a couple days before the wedding. The wrong napkins were ordered (but my mom was more upset than I was about that ;)). It was sometimes hard to get a hold of the Villa during the planning process but the day came together and our on site coordinator came through on the day.

Sent on 04/29/2013
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/20/2011

3.5

My husband and I loved Villa Parker! We immediately fell in love with it the first time we went there to visit. It's quite expensive, but we felt that the atmosphere was worth the extra budgeting we would have to do. The bridal room is gorgeous and huge compared to other venues we checked out. The bathroom is definitely big enough to have your bridal party's hair and makeup done there. And the grounds are spectacular! I also loved that they only do 1 wedding a day, so you never feel like you're being shuffled around another bride and her big day. The planning process could have been better though. Our consultant quit half way through and we felt like the owners didn't do that great a job of checking in with us and seeing if everything was going well or if we needed help with anything. I would completely recommend having the "planning" meeting earlier than 3 months out. Because of our schedules, we actually didn't have ours until about 1.5 - 2 months out. We were completely stressed before the planning meeting, but felt better afterwards. There were a lot of things that I learned about during that meeting that would have been nicer to know earlier, such as the venue had sparklers to use at the end of the ceremony if I wanted, that you had to pay an additional amount to rent their china, and that they would handle all of the set up and tear down. Some of these items had been implied, but nothing was confirmed until the meeting. (Be careful of the additional costs that tend to come up after you've already paid the venue fee. Make sure you completely understand the contract and don't be afraid to ask seemingly simple questions). Overall, our wedding was a huge success and we feel like Villa Parker had a big part in that! PS - they do once a month tastings where some of their preferred vendors come, give out samples, and info. It's a great time to meet other vendors if you're still looking! I went several times just to enjoy the food and see Villa Parker in the different seasons with varying decorations.

Sent on 11/02/2011

3.8
      3.5

The Villa parker was great, we had such a wonderful stress free day even though it rained! The even staff handled everything and worked well with my vendors and I had no issues. They created a beautiful day for me and I couldn't have been happier with my wedding and the party afterwords. My girls and I had so much fun and spent the entire day at the venue getting ready in the beautiful bridal sweet that was super comfortable and they even came in with free champagne while getting ready. I would say anyone looking for an all inclusive place that is hassle free should definitely look at Villa Parker.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Villa Parker's reply:

Thank you Audra and Nick for selecting Villa Parker as your wedding venue! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful with amazing photography (thanks to Tyler Jones Photography).

Shannon Schou Tucker · Married on 08/03/2018

2.0
      1.0
      2.0
      1.0

Owner was so rude!

I had a horrible experience with the owner, Joe Oltmann! The wedding planner (through the venue) messed up and double booked our rehearsal (which is included in the package that we paid for). She told us 3 days before the wedding and it was impossible to reschedule with all our wedding party and we were not able to have a rehearsal. This greatly impacted the day of and the ceremony and caused a lot of stress. I asked to speak with Joe, the owner, about it after the wedding. It took him over 2 months to final talk with me. He was unapologetic about not having a rehearsal. I asked for a small refund, he did give a small refund which did help and I was happy with.
    However, I also brought up that there were no lemons and limes at the reception (which again we had paid for). He basically implied I and my guests were all liars and there were lemons and limes and he was check the video (what?). What really made me upset was what was told our guests, when they asked for a lime in their drink, the bartenders said “Oh the bride and groom didn’t pay for those.” Who says that to guests? And it wasn’t true!! Joe refused to give me an additional $55 discount that I asked for as a result of not getting the lemons and limes.
    I was very disappointed in my experience with him and his rudeness.
    Other than that, I did enjoy the Villa. It’s a beautiful space and we had a good time. It rained up until the ceremony and the staff did a great job at adjusting.
    One thing to note-there is NO air conditioning (except in the bride suite). Our wedding was in August and it rained and cooled it down and it was still really hot in the reception and dancing.

Sent on 02/17/2019