Villa Luna Venue Reviews

4.9 out of 5 rating

• December
    December Married on 01/04/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Villa Luna is an absolutely beautiful venue with a lot of options to create the look we wanted for our ceremony. The staff did a great job of communicating with us (we planned our wedding from out of state) and took the time to understand and create the vision we had for our day. When we showed up for the ceremony and reception, the venue was stunning and arranged as requested. Overall, I would highly recommend Villa Luna Venue--it is an affordable and beautiful space!
  • User2473513 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This venue is beautiful all on its own! The staff is wonderful to work with!
    Erin Married on 10/24/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From the day we contacted Villa Luna to inquire about using the facility as a possible reception venue for our wedding, to the end of our reception on wedding day, we were shown nothing but greatness. I never had to worry about what needed to get done. They always contacted me with timeliness of planning. For a bride, this was fantastic to know it was one less thing I would have to track down. When I had a question, they were more than happy to answer, and in a very timely manner. No response took more than 24 hours. When I could not be there wedding day to assist with setting up the venue, they were very hands-on in assisting my family with whatever was needed to make our night perfect. During the reception when we had a vendor not show up, the staff present to assist with our event was ready to jump right in, no questions asked. They truly made it so my husband and I could enjoy our night and did not have to worry about the "behind-the-scenes" activities taking place. Since the building is owned by Blue Moon Caterers, you do have to use their catering company for all food, but once you get of taste of their menu, you will not see that as an issue. Highly recommend! Well worth the money spent.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    David Married on 10/10/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great people to work with! The food was amazing and the room looks awesome!
    Jenny Married on 10/03/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill and Ashley, along with their staff were UNBELIEVABLE! I worried about nothing and they treated us, along with my guests, like royalty. I lived 6 hours away and they were so accommodating working with me traveling back and forth and planning from afar. The venue itself is simply beautiful and I can't thank all of them enough for going above and beyond to make our day the best day of our lives!
    Elizabeth Married on 01/03/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill and Lydia at Villa Luna were wonderful! We did not have a chance to see the venue until about a week before the wedding, but they were very responsive to working with my family and wedding coordinator. It turned out to be everything we imagined and hoped it would be! Villa Luna was an amazing place to have our reception.
    Pearl Married on 10/05/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    They were wonderful!! Lydia and Bill took great care of us and the venue was beautiful. We had little to do with decorations. The wait staff were very professional and the food was great.
  • User1981143 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding reception at Villa Luna with their catering company (Blue Moon) and it was the most memorable night because of it. The service, atmosphere and professionalism was outstanding. And the price was incredibly reasonable. Because of the outstanding job that Villa Luna did for my wedding, as soon as my sister got engaged she called them to book her date! Would highly recommend for anyone interested in a wedding venue in Wichita.
    Michelle Married on 12/12/2015
    4.9 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Villa Luna is an absolutely beautiful venue. Each and every member of the staff did everything in their power to keep us comfortable about hosting such an important event and they took care of so many details.
    The day of the event was perfect. Villa Luna and their staff was kind to our guests and really helped us to put on a party that everyone remembers as fabulous.
    We even had a tech issue the day of the wedding as we wanted to project baby pictures of myself and the groom. The file type of the presentation wasn't supported by the television at the venue. By the time the guests arrived for the reception, the staff at Villa Luna had worked with my technology and theirs and had the presentation rolling!
    In addition to constant support, Villa Luna gave us the latitude to add our own personal touches to each stage of the event.
    Everything they did was to make sure my guests, my family and I had a wonderful, worry free experience.

I would recommend Villa Luna to ANYONE in Wichita if they are looking to host a beautiful event without breaking the bank.
    Kimberly Married on 05/29/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great venue to work with. Allowed us to bring in own alcohol. The venue fee is extremely low, but then they add in charges other venues include in venue price. Overall, very pleased.
    Mia Married on 11/02/2014
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    They were wonderful! They cater our every wish!
  • Emily
    Emily H. Married on 04/06/2019
    4 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating

Overall 3.5 stars - A couple of warnings

Overall - I'd recommend Villa Luna event center. Ashley and Molly were wonderful to work with and eager to help. Everything we needed was ready to go as we'd requested it, and the venue itself is absolutely beautiful. There are a couple things that still frustrate me about my experience, over two months later.

One particular part that I'd like to note for others out there: In our multiple discussions, I confirmed with the venue that they had an audio/visual system for us to utilize. I explained that I did not want a dance and that I was just going to have an emcee and play background music, along with show a video during our wedding reception. They assured me that they had a system that would be perfect for what I was needing. First of all, there were lots of problems getting the audio to work the day of my wedding. My father (who is very tech savvy) was tasked with getting the runaround the day of my wedding trying to get the system to work - therefore he was not able to do other things the day of that he was supposed to, and was very rushed. Villa Luna was able to send someone to help but from what I gather they were not able to arrive until 1pm (he messed with this starting around 9:30 am).

Secondly, I worked HOURS and spent a lot of money putting together background music. When I arrived for the reception, none of the music was playing and I was told it was because the sound system was very spotty and inconsistent. On top of that, we paid several hundred dollars for a video to be played during the reception and I had multiple people come up to me and tell me they wanted to see the video again because they could not hear it where they were sitting. I was extremely overwhelmed by all of this the day of my wedding and was incredibly disappointed in the quality. I realize that Villa Luna is not in the sound system business, nor do I expect it to be top-tier quality, but the fact that our guests could not all hear our emcee, the video, or enjoy background music is very frustrating. Villa Luna knew what we planned to use that for and I would have been absolutely fine had they just explained to me up front that they had a system but it isn't the best for what I was wanting to do.

Lastly, the day of the wedding, we paid for a full day package starting at 9 am. Nobody was at the venue until around 9:20 am. While I understand that things happen out of our control, that was very stressful as a bride, ready to decorate, with bridesmaids and my parents' friends all there as well to help out, standing around waiting. I'm not wanting anyone to get in trouble over this but when you pay a lot of money for a place all day, I would expect someone to be there to unlock the doors on time - and if they could not be there - to CONTACT ME and let me know. A simple phone call would have gone a long way in easing my mind.

I realize this is lengthy and really did enjoy Villa Luna otherwise - just a few things that I would warn other people about to maybe go a different route for hiring someone do audio professionally.