VIDEO MADNESS Reviews

16 | San Francisco, CA

16 Reviews for VIDEO MADNESS

Lindsay · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I were married in the Presidio this September. Bob was highly recommended to us by our wedding planner, Lisa Feldman, as they had worked together previously and had a wonderful working relationship. Loving her, we already knew we were going to be in good hands with Bob. Our initial get-to-know-you call went as smoothly as we could have asked for as his kindness, warmth, professionalism, and humor came through our phone. On the wedding day, he and his amazing colleague, Wendy, were invisible as they got their shots, yet totally accessible when needed and clearly excited to share in our big day. The video itself absolutely captured our joy and the support of our family and friends, and showed exactly the serious yet fun atmosphere of the day. We have already watched our video numerous times and are so grateful to Bob for commemorating our wedding day so perfectly.

Sent on 01/03/2018

Michelle · Married on 08/12/2017

A friend of mine posted her wedding highlight video, and I absolutely loved the work. She referred me to Bob, and I think it was the best wedding vendor decision I made!! From the moment we spoke, he truly cared about getting to learn more about myself and my fiancé (at the time). We then set up a more in depth phone call and went over logistics and details of what I wanted in our footage, and how I wanted the highlight video edited. He checked in with me throughout the following months, and before I knew it, the big day had arrived!
    Bob is like a ninja, I never saw him the entire wedding!! I even asked my mom at one point if he left! (He didn't...!!!) He just was that good about staying out of the way but also getting the perfect shots. For the next 3 months, I couldn't wait to see our video. I think I was more excited about our video than our photos!!
    Finally the day came and we had our footage! My husband and I sat down with some champagne and watched our long film of the whole video, as well as our short film. I was in tears and smiling the whole time. The wedding is such a blur and goes so fast, so I am so incredibly happy to have this video to look back on. Now I can truly remember our special day.
    And because I am a perfectionist and super picky, I had a few things I wanted Bob to change on the short film. He was very patient and listened to my requests, and then offered his opinion/suggestion on some things. I am glad he did because HE is the professional and knew best. He did change just a couple of things (basically I wanted more footage of my husband and I..haha!) and he re-edited the video and had it back to me within 2 days! WOW. Great customer service and the value of the footage is perfect.
    I would HIGHLY recommend Bob :) Thank you again Bob!!!

Sent on 11/29/2017

VIDEO MADNESS's reply:

Thanks Michelle. You and Steven and both families were wonderful to spend time with. Happy to have been there. Ninja or not!

Brandon · Married on 07/21/2013

I decided to use Video Madness for my wedding after careful consideration. As a wedding photographer I am really particular about the images I want. Video Madness exceeded my expectations. It wasn't just the beautiful composition, or the crystal clear sound, or very cool slider shots and steadicam movement - though I really loved the eye candy. Nor was it just the effortless interface, the ease of dealing with Bob and his crew, or the many compliments we got about the professional demeanor, dress, and attitude of the cinematographers. The finished narrative film was beyond our hopes. My wife and I could not believe the way they weaved the audio of our vows and toasts into a cinematic masterpiece. Stunning. And compared to many we interviewed, the price was fair.

If you want something special this is the company. Thanks again to Bob and the crew. You guys rock!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Vanessa · Married on 11/26/2012

We started looking for a Videographer a few months before our wedding, when we decided that we wanted to capture the day not only through photos but also through video. Making the journey all the way from New Zealand to San Francisco for our wedding day had one downside and that was that we couldn't meet with "all" our vendors before the day.....the internet becoming our forum for picking the right vendor for each important role. Picking our Videographer was based on the price of the right package for us and the portfolio of work on the Videographers website. Bob's portfolio on his Video Madness website was what drew us to contact him, and his prices, professionalism and humour were what sealed the deal. This carried on through to our wedding day where we met Bob and his assistant who were even flexible enough to stay on for a few more hours (at an hourly rate of course) than we had contracted them for, to capture our speeches and first dance (our schedule was running late) :P Would definately book Bob and his team again!! :)

Sent on 07/25/2013

Jenni · Married on 09/15/2012

Our videographer was awesome. He had great energy and was a lot of fun. He made us feel completely comfortable. We enjoyed him so much. I can not wait to see the video. :o)

Sent on 09/17/2012

We hired Bob and his team to shoot our wedding in December 2011 and we honestly couldn't be happier with the outcome! We purchased both the short and the long video for our special day and the first time we watched our short film it brought both my husband and I to tears. They did a fabulous job at getting all the special moments as well as capturing the whole theme and feel of our wedding. The longer version, well let's just say it became a favorite movie to watch in our home and my family's home. We were able to show the film to family who were not able to make it to the wedding and they all loved it and said they felt as if they were there! Not only did they do a great job at catching the special moments at our wedding but they also were very professional the day of the wedding. They were there on time and out of everyone's way! So many of our guests never even realized they were there. Great job!

When I first contacted Bob over email he was always quick to respond and sometimes seemed a bit short and not very welcoming. But once I talked to him over the phone he took really good care of me, made great suggestions, and made me feel so excited and comfortable that he would capture every moment! Before getting the final product they sent us a draft so we could approve/add/change anything we wanted.

My only reservation was how long it took to get the final product. I originally was told 4-6 weeks and once that time came and went I was told another month or so. While it would have been nice to get a more exact timing up front, the final product was well worth the wait. Should we ever need a videographer for a special event we will definitely give Bob a call. Thank you Video Madess! You guys did an awesome job!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Janie · Married on 06/04/2011

My husband and I both agreed that Photo and Video was very important to us and spent a lot of time researching photographers and videographers. We found Video Madness at a bridal show and after we watched the sample video just had to make an appointment. As soon as we met with Bob we felt very comfortable and confident in the quality that we would be receiving. He spent a lot of time with us showing us videos and photo books. We chose a package deal for photo and video and compared to all the other research we had been doing, Video Madness was very reasonably priced and the video quality offered was much higher than anything else we had been offered.

Our wedding was in June of 2011. On the day of everyone showed up on time and captured everything that I requested. Our package included 2 videographers and 2 photographers. Everyone we worked with were very pleasant and time conscience since we had a lot of photos we needed to get in before the ceremony and reception.

Shortly after the wedding we received our short film and absolutely loved it! Bob captured the most amazing moments and made it flow perfectly with the music. We just finalized our final video and it is amazing. Bob was very accommodating to all the changes we wanted through the process and my husband and I, as well as my parents are both ecstatic with the final result! We can’t wait to show the video to rest of our family and friends! Thanks for everything Video Madness!!

Sent on 02/05/2012

Charmayne · Married on 08/01/2010

When it comes finding a videographer Video Madness is the place you want to have record your wedding. I had shopped around looking for a videographer and Video Madness was the only place that listened to my needs and was able to work with my budget. They replied to my e-mail and phone calls in a timely manner and never left me hanging or wondering what was going on. The staff was a pleasure to work with and they blended in with the party making everyone feel comfortable. For our 1 year anniversary...Video Madness will be there to catcher that moment.

Sent on 01/15/2011

Kim · Married on 05/24/2008

Video Madness did a beautiful job on our video. We love the finished product! We have some outstanding, cool editing effects on our video. They accomodated all of our wishes and captured the day beautifully. They were flexibile and responded well to feedback on the first draft of our video. Then we were able to have everything and more in our finished product. I highly recommend Video Madness for any video production!

Sent on 04/03/2009

Arman · Married on 08/03/2013

I worried about my guests feeling intruded upon with videography going on - not a worry! Sleek equipment, low-profile videographers, all to provide me and my family with such a beautiful treasure of memories!

Cannot wait to celebrate our anniversaries to come with watching the day as if it just happened all over again.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Amber · Married on 04/14/2012

This business is a class act! They did an amazing job and I LOVE our wedding video. Bob is a fantastic editor and I can't recommend him enough! Just check out his website and you'll see what I'm talking about. :)

Sent on 10/02/2012
  • angelstar54

Anne · Married on 05/10/2008

We found them at a bridal show. Loved the demo so we checked out the demo at their office to experience the full HD effect on Blu-Ray. It was easy to book them. If I had questions, I emailed and I would get my replies, which were straight to the point. The videographers present for my wedding did such a great job of staying out of the way that many of our guests didn't realize that we had them there! The wait for the final product is about 4-5 months, but they're true to their word and the product is AMAZING. We got the photo/video package with 2 videographers for the ceremony. It was expensive, but we both decided that this was our "splurge" for the wedding since it's the first family heirloom. EVERYONE who has seen our video absolutely loves it. It's greating getting to select your own music for the video, as long as you turn it in on time. I suggest you book as soon as possible so you can book two videographers if you so chose since they only have so many videographers.

Sent on 12/18/2008

Kelley · Married on 07/20/2008

3.5

Every experience I had with Video Madness, from the initial meeting to receiving the finished product, was one of professionalism and timeliness. I felt assured that I would be receiving quality service and a quality product.
    The videographer went out of his way to consult with me on the location of the wedding and even offered to attend our rehearsal. He also called my photographer and made special arrangements to coordinate their movements during the ceremony, as space was very tight inside the little chapel! This really put my mind at ease.
    During the wedding and reception the two cameramen were not intrusive at all.
    Video Madness' prices are definitely not for those on a very strict budget. We could only afford their very cheapest package, which did not include any editing. However, I felt that the professional service and high film quality which I received was worth it. The DVDs were received within a reasonable amount of time after the event. As I said, they are unedited raw footage. But the images are sharp and well-lit, and the sound and music comes through crystal-clear, thanks to the tiny personal microphones they set up before the ceremony.

Sent on 12/03/2008

Jenesia · Married on 06/18/2016

The quality of our wedding video was great and we were impressed with how quickly they were able to deliver the finished product after the event.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Glenn · Married on 10/31/2013

3.0
      2.0
      3.0
      2.5
      3.5

These guys were really good at being unobtrusive while capturing everything significant that was going on. Every time we turned around, they were there and -- except during our first dance -- they were completely out of the spotlight.

We experimented with not having an official photographer, but asking the videographer to produce still images we can use. This worked very well, since we did not have a traditional wedding party and did not need the "standard" wedding posed images.

Knowing that we were waiting, however, these guys took over six weeks to get us the still images. It is now over two months since the wedding and we have not seen the video of the day they were supposed to produce.

If you decide to work with this company, be sure that your contract specifies DEADLINES for their production of work-product. If you are having a video made, PUT IT IN THE CONTRACT when they must have it finished for you! If you are asking them to produce still images from the video, PUT IT IN THE CONTRACT when they are to produce those images for you.

Sent on 01/06/2014

0.4
      0.5

We will never do business with this place

Sent on 06/11/2016