Victoria Canada Weddings and Events Reviews

46 | Scottsdale, AZ

46 Reviews for Victoria Canada Weddings and Events

1 User photo

Mette · Married on 04/26/2014

Weddings are supposed to be magical. Planning a wedding can be very stressful. Victoria removed the stress by being professional, organized, and caring it made the process so smooth. My wedding was truly magical because of Victoria and her amazing team!! She has left my family and friends with wonderful memories that will last a lifetime. What more can one ask for. I will be forever grateful!!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Gloria · Married on 04/12/2014

The best decision we have ever made was using Victoria Canada as the wedding planner for my daughter's wedding! Victoria and Vic's Chicks (as my daughter nicked named them) are extremely professional, great negotiators, and with an unlimited supply of vendors. From our Calligrapher (Jennifer Schmitt), to our band (JJ's Band), to the flowers (Petal Pushers), to the Royal Palms, to the Brophy Chapel...everything was perfect, beautiful, meaningful and flowed seamlessly. I will never forget that, being distracted at the entrance to the reception by friends and family, Victoria gently guided me the reception salon saying, "Why, mom of the bride! You haven't seen the room yet, have you? Here, let me grab you some champagne and escort you inside. Everything is ready to begin!" Wow! That was super and classy, just like Victoria!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Tiffany · Married on 04/02/2014

What would you do if you had planned an outdoor ceremony and reception and on the day of your wedding, it began raining (in the desert, no less!) AND ended up being about 15 degrees cooler than normal? You might freak out…unless you hired Victoria Canada Weddings & Events. Ashley, Victoria, and Leah are rock stars! A few days before of our wedding, they quickly contacted the Desert Botanical Garden to see if heaters could be rented, so our guests did not freeze! On the day of our wedding when it began to rain (gasp!), Victoria supplied my husband and myself with umbrellas as we were doing our “First Look” photos. When the temperature dropped even lower than we had anticipated, they had pink (a shade that matched perfectly with our colors) pashminas brought over for our female guests!

Even if we did not have the unusual weather for our wedding, my husband and I still would have been very happy that we hired the team at Victoria Canada Weddings and Events. My husband and I were able to truly enjoy our wedding as we did not have to worry about any of the logistics, setting anything up, cleaning anything up, or any last minute communication with vendors! During the planning process, Ashley, our lead planner, and Victoria helped us think of things that we would not have known about/considered. They gave us great vendor recommendations and kept us organized throughout the planning process. This was particularly helpful as we were planning our destination wedding from out of the country! Since we were out of the country and could not meet/call them, they were willing to go above and beyond and FaceTime/Skype with us.

All of our guests were so amazed at how organized the wedding was and how every little detail had been thought of! If you are looking to hire an experienced, detail-oriented team that will help you plan an amazing event and most importantly, allow you to enjoy your own event, then hire the team at Victoria Canada Weddings & Events!

Sent on 04/13/2014

Mylinh · Married on 03/01/2014

Hiring a wedding planner was a tough sell for my groom. It was not in our budget. However, I knew that I did not want to be bogged down with last minute problems on my special day or to remember to pay the vendors. I persuaded my groom to sign up for mid-level coordination because we attended or were part of multiple weddings in recent years. We knew what to expect from a planner.
    After we booked her, we were lucky to see Victoria Canada and her team in action for another wedding. It was as outdoor wedding with inclement weather but they pulled off the event flawlessly. They worked quietly in the background with their headsets in place. It was a fun and classy event.
    At times, I felt bad for Victoria Canada because my groom would send many, many emails to her. She was patient and very responsive to his questions. The week leading to the wedding was more stressful because of predictions of rain. Victoria had many contingency plans as this was not her first rodeo. The cocktail hour was moved indoors. The wedding day itself was stress-free. My groom would ask her questions throughout the day and she re-assured him that the details were already covered. On the wedding day, she led a team of 4 people. My groom and myself always had someone nearby to help if needed or to direct people where to go. It did rain on the wedding day. After I was done with hair and makeup, I was leaving the bridal suite and a golf cart was waiting at the front door ready to whisk me away to my first photo shoot. I did not expect these transportation logistics to be as perfect as it was. Victoria nailed it.
    Now that the wedding is over, we continue to receive compliments with descriptors such as "spectacular, stunning, breathtaking, meticulously planned..." In the end, my groom was a firm believer of the value a wedding planner could deliver.

We would highly recommend Victoria Canada and I would not hesitate to book her time for any future event or engagement.

Sent on 03/05/2014

Tiffany · Married on 11/23/2013

Victoria and her team are easy to work with, kind and considerate, flexible, adaptable, and always willing to go the extra mile. The entire wedding planning process was fun and easy. I wanted an outdoor wedding ceremony and outdoor reception in Scottsdale, Arizona where I live. Victoria and I came up with a wine themed wedding with Tuscan influences. Cocktail attire. She was immediately bursting with ideas. She had examples available for me to look at, options to choose from, and was always drawing and diagraming her ideas to make them easy to picture and understand. She offers a wide range of vendor selections depending on the direction and vision of the wedding. Her vendor suggestions were all nice, affordable, imaginative, creative, and extremely easy to work with. She accompanied me to meetings with the site vendor, the florist, food and cake tasting. She let my fiancé and I make all the decisions, but always added an experienced opinion if asked. She is so experienced that she could make decisions for me once she learned my taste and style! She was always accurate! I trusted her to make decisions on a few things so that I could have a few surprises on the big day and everything was perfect!
    Her team is organized, thoughtful, patient, and always available. Her staff has tons of experience and they understand both the joys and frustrations of planning a wedding. If Victoria is busy with another wedding, a team member is always reachable and has access to Victoria if necessary. My wedding was in the desert, during the dry season, and it rained---unexpectedly. Victoria and her team moved quickly and efficiently to turn an outdoor wedding and reception into a completely covered and heated ceremony and reception. The tenting was beautiful and decorations were arranged to make it look like the tents were a part of the design all along.Victoria and her team really went the extra mile to turn a potential disaster into a beautiful memory for my husband and I.

Sent on 12/12/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

Victoria and her team was amazing. We planned our wedding from Wisconsin so we basically flew in a few times to tour venues, meet vendors, and plan everything. I never once was worried a ball would be dropped or she would forget about something.

Here is an example of how amazing Victoria is. I mentioned in one of our first meetings a year prior that my Maid Of Honor had a food allergy to onions. Two days before the wedding it dawned on me that we hadn't spoke about my MOH food allergy. I panicked and called Vic to tell her we needed to call our venue and make sure we had a special meal. Victoria sighed and said, "Don't worry Jessica that was taken care of months ago when we were choosing your menu. I had it in our notes from our first meeting."

As a bride planning a wedding it is easy to forget about the small things, she never let one thing slip through her fingers. Not only was the wedding process so smooth to plan, but I genuinely looked forward to our meetings and emails with Vic and her team, they became my friends. I worked with VC Events for 18 months so I can speak a lot about the planning process, but the most important thing about them that I loved is that on my wedding day they made me feel like I was the most important bride they had ever had. They treated my wedding as if it was something new and different to them. I loved that they never said, "at the wedding last weekend we did the first dances like this, or at the wedding last year at this venue we set it the ceremony space like this". They truly made my Husband and I feel like we were the most important wedding they had ever had. That speaks volumes to Victoria and her team. You could NOT go wrong hiring her (on a side note she is insanely creative so your event will be spectacular and unique).

Sent on 10/29/2014
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/05/2013

Victoria and her team were spectacular! My husband and I did want our ideas and preferences included, but still needed direction and assistance in finalizing our decisions. Victoria read our minds and really helped us move along, getting details finalized while keeping our style and wishes at the forefront. We loved all of the vendors she recommended as well. Day of (and days leading up to), I did not have to worry about logistics at all. Victoria and her team definitely created a (relatively) stress-free wedding for us!

Sent on 03/06/2014

Megan · Married on 04/06/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Victoria and her amazing staff for my spring wedding this year. From the moment I met her I suddenly felt very at ease about this wonderful, yet, let’s be honest, daunting road ahead. Victoria was always there to answer any question, big or small. She brought amazing ideas to the table every time we met. It was one of those fabulous relationships where she just knew what I wanted even when I couldn’t quite articulate it, or didn’t even know I wanted it yet! She made the planning process fun, and took away the worry. I think my mom promptly bursting into tears of joy at how beautiful our reception ballroom turned out says it all :) Not only is she incredibly creative, but so super organized, which is of the utmost importance. Her day-of timeline is so outstanding it needs to be seen to be believed, trust me. Having everyone know exactly where they had to be and when was a life saver!

I know that planning a wedding is an expensive endeavor and a wedding planner may seem like one of those ‘do I really need it?’ items on the list. YES. YOU NEED IT. A wedding is a wonderful day but factor in 175 of your friends and family and a bunch of vendors that may not have worked together, and it is a recipe for disaster. Victoria and her wonderful staff made the day run impeccably and in my opinion that peace of mind is priceless. All my vendors instantly sighed in relief when I told them I was one of Victoria’s clients!

Bottom line, I can’t recommend Victoria and her team enough. In the end I have wonderful memories of our beautiful day, and Victoria as a fabulous new friend :) If you need further convincing, check out our wedding on StyleMePretty.com!

Sent on 11/27/2013

Pat · Married on 04/06/2013

Victoria Canada of Victoria Canada Weddings and Events made my daughter's wedding magical! I seriously don't know what we would have done without her and her team of talent. My daughter, Megan, had HUGE expectations for her wedding....the details had details....Victoria was on top of everything. From selecting the venue, to all of the vendors, everything was perfect. The wedding, most importantly was SEAMLESS. We had absolutely nothing but fun during the wedding extended week-end, Victoria and her team worked behind the scenes. As for the expense of her services, I think she saved us more than twice as much as she cost us. When venues and vendors deal with you once, you will absolutely NOT get the low price that Victoria got for us. She is simply the best Event Planner in Arizona, and the venues and vendors want her business. We loved her so much that we have become friends, and I
    CANNOT wait to use her services again. I'm trying to invent a reason to have another big party. When I hear of girls that don't hire a wedding planner, I cringe! The biggest day in your daughter's life, all left to chance. WE LOVE VICTORIA!!!

Sent on 01/09/2014

Victoria Canada turned my dream wedding into reality. She was not only a pleasure to work with but fun too! This also holds true for her wonderful team. My wedding was held at the Phoenix Art Museum and had an art theme fitting the venue. Everything was not only beautiful but also unique. Exactly what I wanted! My friends and family are still talking about it and many have commented the wedding was the best they have ever attended...I agree! Love you Victoria!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Hollye · Married on 10/11/2012

As a wedding photographer, I have documented and witnessed over 200 weddings. I knew from experience that a planners help would be essential in making my big day run smoothly. Even though we were having an intimate 40 person wedding in Sonoma I knew that Victoria would help keep the pressure off. I've learned that no matter the size of the event, little things can and always do go wrong. What makes the difference is how prepared you are and the people working with you that can keep the little things from becoming big things.
    For example, our wedding day was surprisingly cold and misty. That morning, Victoria arranged for heaters at our outdoor cocktail hour which would have otherwise left out guests miserable, freezing in the cold.

She even went so far as flying out to our location a few months in advance to do a site walk with us!
    It's the little things that make all the difference.

I've worked with quite a few coordinators as a wedding photographer and Victoria is one of the best in the business. It was money well spent!

Sent on 01/09/2014

Sara · Married on 09/29/2012

Victoria and her team are absolutely fantastic. We would not have had such a perfect day without them! They helped us from the very start from picking out our venue to choosing our meal, flowers, décor, etc. The day of the wedding my husband and I did not even have to think about anything besides the fact that it was our wedding day. Victoria and her team handled everything and it turned out just perfect! I would highly recommend Victoria Canada Wedding and Events. There is no better wedding planner in AZ than her!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Caitlin · Married on 04/28/2012

Victoria Canada Weddings and Events is outstanding at coordinating weddings, the best in the business. I had the pleasure of having Victoria plan my wedding (April 28, 2012, Royal Palms Resort), and also had the pleasure of interacting her team members, including Lauren Crump. Victoria and Lauren are absolutely fabulous. I interviewed three wedding planners before selecting Victoria, and in my interview with her, I knew instantly she was the right person to create the wedding of my dreams. Victoria is creative, she pays attention to the details, she works with the best vendors in the industry and she is able to help you adhere to your budget while still making everything beautiful and sticking to your vision. Plus she's just so sweet! Victoria has the ability to translate your ideas for your wedding into reality; she understands what you mean when you say you want everything to be beautiful (it was a bit hard for me to articulate what I wanted), and she makes it EVEN better than you imaged. When I walked into my wedding reception, I could not stop looking around the room and taking it all in. Victoria and her team create something truly magical. Throughout the planning process, Victoria and Lauren were easy to communicate with by email and phone. I had the difficulty of planning my wedding out-of-state (live in San Diego, wedding in Phoenix), but Victoria was able to schedule calls around my work schedule, and she was even able to set meetings (sometimes combining multiple appointments into one) when I traveled to Phoenix. Victoria and her team kept every detail on track. I am very detail oriented and expected constant communication about the details of my event, but Victoria and Lauren were always on top of everything! Also, on the actual day of your wedding, Victoria and her team are there to take care of absolutely everything. Their detailed planning and timelines ensure that everything flows smoothly so you can enjoy your special day to the fullest.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Darcy · Married on 11/04/2011

Victoria Canada and her team did a phenomenal job! I cannot say enough about them and their services. It was the smartest thing I did in hiring them and the best money I ever spent. They made my wedding more than I could have ever dreamed. It was not only beautiful, but extremely personal and reflected my husband and I. People are still talking about it! I would highly recommend hiring them, you won't regret it for a second.

Sent on 12/08/2011

Melanie · Married on 03/26/2011

Melanie - Mother of the Bride
    ""
    March 26, 2011: Wedding of our daughter Christina to our now son (in-law) Anthony. Victoria Canada: Goddess of Wedding/Event Planners. How did we get so blessed with such an amazing woman/professional & her team? Well, my sister/best friend, Nina & her daughter Jamie planned the most amazing wedding a couple of years ago at The Sanctuary & Victoria was their co-pilot. So naturally I followed their great advice & hired Victoria & her team to help us to provide Chrissy & Anthony with the wedding of their dreams.....and she did! The End.

Well, not quite: Victoria, Lauren & Brenda deserve a much richer tribute than that last line. They simply took the most challenging event in our lives & made it magical. From the first day we met & all the subsequent meetings, Victoria was a jewel to work with- but for me, the mother of the bride- it never felt like work. Maybe it was her, but she always made me feel like her kid sister or a really close friend because of her ability to listen and respond to our needs. I trusted her. Her prior work & reviews were great credentials, but she simply inspired confidence & trust. We were richly rewarded. As must be the norm, there were stressful situations in the planning. Victoria's expertise & ability to act as a buffer when needed was a tremendous quality that kept us all together. More importantly, you kept me from going crazy-quite a feat!

Victoria, your organizational skills & professionalism were apparent throughout the many months of planning, but you sizzled the weeks before & day of the wedding. Your experience & timely actions were invaluable. Coordinating the many vendors, the rehearsal dinner the wedding ceremony at Brophy Chapel & the reception at the Arizona Biltmore; these are things we could never have done by ourselves as flawlessly as you all did. Between all our work schedules & family illnesses, you were there. Thank You With much love, Team Sweet Pea!

So in conclusion:

Sanity Tip#1: Listen to your friends or family when they give you word-of-mouth recommendations-they are priceless! (Proof: Victoria Canada Wedding and Events team)

Sanity Tip#2: Listen to your Victoria....er, I mean Wedding Planner. Her experience and vision are priceless. (Check out her Facebook page and blog and site.)

Sanity Tip# 3: Listen to the bride and groom, let them lead!

Sanity Tip#4: Spoken as the mother of the bride: it is better to ask for forgiveness later than for permission first (from spouse or signficant other) when the budget is concerned.- but don't go hog wild. Your own marriage or relationship and future are also at stake.

Sanity Tip#5: Share this event and its creation as much as possible with the family that is about to join yours. The experience is incredible. Let them help with ideas etc (then share with your own Victoria-uh, wedding planner!).

Sent on 08/03/2011

Michelle · Married on 03/19/2011

Victoria absolutely made the wedding planning process a breeze. She was on top of everything, and I can honestly say my stress levels were low because of her. I had some wedding mishaps (cupcake order got lost, hair stylist got sick, etc) on the day of my wedding and I honestly had no clue they had happened because Victoria took care of everything! Every detail was planned to perfection and turned out amazingly. I would recommend her to everyone who wants a perfect, stress-free wedding.

Sent on 06/25/2011

Jenna · Married on 03/20/2010

Victoria was amazing! Initially I was opposed to having a wedding planner, thinking we could handle it ourselves, but now I can't imagine planning our wedding without her. Though I grew up in Phoenix, I was living in Michigan and my fiance was living in Maryland during the time we were planning our wedding. The multiple long-distances and timezones made coordinating the wedding extra-challenging, but Victoria handled everything with ease. When my hair trial a week-and-half before the wedding (something I should have done months before, but never got around to) went awry and I had a minor flip-out, Victoria found another hairdresser who not only was able to come on-location the day of the wedding, but also squeezed me in for a hair trial and ended up being absolutely perfect. Every little thing like that that came up, she handled no problem. Though my type-A personality probably gave me huge potential to have major wedding freak-outs, I was actually able to relax and enjoy the wedding planning process knowing that Victoria had everything under control. Victoria and her team are everything you want a wedding planner to be: a good listener who intuitively understands what you are looking for, extremely organized but not pushy, resourceful, incredibly kind, creative, caring, and (very important) tactful. I loved our wedding; thanks to Victoria for making it a dream-come-true.

Sent on 06/15/2010

Sara · Married on 11/14/2009

Victoria is officially one of my heroes. She is smart, funny, creative, and a complete perfectionist- all the right ingredients for an amazing wedding planner. I was a horrible bride- slacking off on things, etc- and she always kept me updated on what I needed to do and take care of. When I wasn't quite happy with a few design ideas from some of my other vendors, she was able to pinpoint exactly what I wanted and come up with new creative ideas that I absolutely loved. And when it rained before my planned outdoor ceremony and I transformed into an emotional wreck, she organized the backup site, made it look absolutely stunning, and saved my day. She and her staff took the best care of me, my family, and my friends- and everyone complimented me on how much fun they had and how unique my wedding was. I would highly recommend Victoria to any and all brides!

Sent on 01/30/2010

Amber · Married on 11/14/2009

Victoria and her team were the perfect addition to our amazing wedding day! Pro's top to bottom. Hire them!

Sent on 02/11/2014

Teresa · Married on 09/20/2008

OH how I love Victoria! She made everything perfect for me. I reside in Chicago and was intimidated by planning a wedding in Arizona in just under 6 months. But Victoria is simply amazing and created the fairy tale wedding of my dreams. All the details that went into everything, every little special touch... all formulated in her brain just for me. She handled everything and quashed all the potential disasters before I even had a chance to throw a bridezilla fit. She is extremly professional, has amazing (and I mean AMAZING) organizational skills and can manhandle any nutty mother of the brides or mother in laws with amazing grace and poise. I'm telling you, she is the BEST wedding planner on this earth. You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/29/2010
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 10/08/2011

My comments in an emil to Victoria after the wedding....Ahhhhhh where do I begin? First of all, sorry for the delay on getting this to you… turns out when you step out of the real world for over three weeks, its hard to get your life back together. :) I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated everything you and your team did for us throughout the planning process and throughout the wedding weekend. I don’t know how I/we could have ever done it without you. I can’t tell you how many people have told us that our wedding was the best wedding ever! My friend said we have ruined him for weddings now :) – he went to a wedding a couple weeks after ours and “couldn’t help but laugh a little.” The comments keep coming in about how smooth everything was, how laid-back and comfortable it was, how they never felt like they were rushed around like at other weddings. The entire thing was executed perfectly.

It was so nice to get to enjoy the weekend knowing we were in good hands and that everything was taken care of. From the peanutbutter sandwiches, to the shoe hunt, to the dog chase, to making sure I always had a cocktail in hand and everything else you did that I didn’t even know about!– I felt like a celebrity.

You really cannot put a value on the piece of mind that comes with having Victoria Canada Wedding & Events at your side – totally priceless. I would recommend Vic to anyone looking for a wedding planner…. or even to those who don’t think they need one. They are worth their weight in gold!

I suppose I could keep rambling on and on about how fabulous you are but I have to get back to getting life back in order – and writing a million Thank Yous! I just wanted you to know that is was so much fun working with you, I’m so going to miss our planning get-togethers, it wouldn’t have been the perfect wedding I dreamed of without you (and your awesome team!) and I really can’t thank you enough.

Thanks a Million – Keep in touch!
    Mallory (and Scott)