VG Donut and Bakery Reviews

VG Donut and Bakery 4
VG Donut and Bakery 5
VG Donut and Bakery 6
VG Donut and Bakery 7

VG was my favorite wedding vendor. We ordered a two-tier wedding cake and an assortment of donuts and other sweets for our wedding. My only regret is that we did not order more donuts--they were a total hit at the wedding! The wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious (they don't use fondant, which is a huge plus in my book). On top of that, everything was very reasonable price-wise. I would highly recommend VG.

Sent on 09/21/2015

We searched far and wide for a vendor that could create the wedding cake of our dreams. Of the many bakeries, pâtisseries, dessert shops, and private bakers that we sampled, VG was by far the most professional, had the most options, the most customizations, and the best customer service.

From the telephonic conversations, to the meeting and even the sample cakes, the process was so easy and actually fun unlike a lot of the other wedding planning details. On top of all that, VG was slice-for-slice the cheapest place we found! AND even more, they offer a complimentary anniversary cake for your 1-year! So yes, you can actually serve that top tier at your wedding and NOT have to pay for an extra 1/2 sheet cake!! No other bakery offered that.

So in summation, VG is absolutely the way to go for a wedding cake and we could not be happier or more impressed by our one-of-a-kind wedding cake!!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Madison · Married on 07/03/2015

I have been going to VGs since I was a little girl and could not think of a better place to make my wedding cake! My husband was in charge of picking which cake he liked best and VGs was it.

I told them what I had in mind and it turned out perfect and everyone was talking about what good cake it was! I suggest the red velvet & carrot! AMAZING!

We also ordered donuts and cookies from them as well! Made the night even better! The value for what you get when you order from VGs is the best in San Diego.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Cristy · Married on 06/14/2015

VG is awesome! We chose them to make our donuts for our wedding donut cake. The donuts were amazing, and the customer service was excellent! They even matched the frosting to our color swatches for the wedding colors.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Abby · Married on 06/06/2015

VG’s is awesome! For our wedding, we wanted a dessert table with an assortment of pretty and delicious choices. For about half of what we would have spent for a standard tiered wedding cake from another vendor, we were able to have a beautiful feast-like dessert table with the most wonderful tasting pies, small cakes, donuts, cookies, brownies, and donut bites. AND we even had plenty that everyone was able to take some home in little to-go boxes we had set out – making our guests very happy :). We worked with Janette, who is incredibly easy to work with and made the whole process no big deal. She didn’t even need our final order until up to about a week or so before the wedding. And MOST importantly, when you go for a tasting, then give you TWO full cakes!!! Yummmmmyyyy :).

Sent on 03/21/2016

lanna · Married on 05/23/2015

WOW! BEST WEDDING CAKE I'VE EVER HAD!!!!
    EXTREMELY affordable! We had a 6 x 9 x 12 plus an additional three 1/2 sheet cakes. With a simple yet, absolutely beautiful and classic design we spent $464 for 200 people!!! The price included delivery, pillars, and deposit. And we had a ton of cake left over! We went with the chocolate with chocolate bavarian, white with bavarian and fresh strawberries, and banana cake with dulce de leche and fresh bananas. SOOOOO GOOOOD! The best part is, for our 1 year anniversary we don't have to eat an icky frozen cake. We get to go back in and get a FRESH and FREE cake!

Sent on 08/10/2015

VG's bakery is the best! Our wedding cake was beautiful and DELICIOUS!!!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Christina · Married on 11/15/2014

All I can say is wow! Our wedding cake was gorgeous and it was really good! I still have guests tell me how much they loved our cake. The people at VG's are so nice and easy to work with and you really can't beat their prices...we tried a few other popular cake places in San Diego that came highly recommended...and that were also triple the cost.... and in my opinion no one stood out taste wise like VG's did. It was definitely a win-win situation with them.

One other thing I loved was that when you do a tasting with them, they actually send you home with at two decent sized cakes (more than enough to share) in the flavors of your choice--for FREE. I almost fell over when they told me that. Every other bakery we visited charged at least $20 for a few bites of cake and a few small containers of filling, etc. on the side. With VG's, because they gave us so much cake, we got to include our parents in the tasting process. It was fun! :) Our overall experience with them gets an A+++

Thanks VG's!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/18/2014

You will not find a more affordable wedding cake! Period!
    Not only is it the most inexpensive cake you will find, but you get whole small cakes of your flavor choice to take home for tasting, and they give you a cake for your one year anniversary so there is no need to save the top tier in your freezer to eat a year later! (People really do that? Gross! Ha)
    VGs was easy to work with! I had no issues at all. They made a more beautiful and delicious cake than I could have ever asked for, plus the donut bar was a hit!!! Thank you Jess and VGs! See you again soon for some yummy goodies!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/13/2014

Our cake and desserts from VG’s were amazing! We worked with Jess and she did an amazing job. She listened to our ideas and created a cake that was beautiful and tasted even better! I even had a surprise grooms’ cake made for my husband, and Jess replicated perfectly pictures I had sent her and was so sweet to help me keep it a secret. Moreover, VG’s has other amazing desserts (especially their doughnuts!) if you want to do a dessert bar. Lastly, they’re prices are definitely affordable. I’m not one to spend thousands of dollars on a wedding cake so VG’s is great because we got a picture-perfect cake without going over budget. VG’s is an amazing bakery and we recommend them for any wedding or event.

Sent on 09/23/2014

VG Bakery provided the cake for my wedding, and it tasted better, looked better, and was cheaper than any other cake vendor I had found -- win win win! Amazing. Hire them.

Sent on 09/03/2014

rachel · Married on 08/15/2014

Hands down best cake I've ever had. Went in to try samples of the flavors, was given an entire cake of each flavor and since we couldn't decide on just one, instead decided to do 5 different flavors of cupcakes in addition to our cake. Jessica was super easy to work with and very flexible (even when we ran a day late getting her our final payment because things got so hectic right before the wedding, she was super understanding). Not only did the cake and cupcakes look and taste amazing, they were affordable!!! We found that many places (venues/florists/etc) would tell us one price, but the second they found out it was for our wedding, the price would somehow then be much higher for the same exact product/services....VG's gave us one price, and it was terrific. We will definitely recommend them to all of our friends, and will be loyal customers for life!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Diana · Married on 08/09/2014

I worked with Jess for our wedding cake. We had 3 different cakes and they all tasted absolutely delicious! All our guest were raving about how wonderful it was to have had the opportunity to enjoy all 3 flavors. Throughout the planning and tasting process, Jess responded to emails promptly and I really appreciated that and she was great to work with. We were so grateful to have looked beyond the typical "wedding cake vendors" and supported a local business in our city instead. Thank you, Jess & VG donuts!

Sent on 08/22/2014

allie · Married on 08/08/2014

VG's is my favorite spot to get donuts! So when I was choosing my wedding cake vendor I decided to look into VG's. My cake table was amazing, I had 3 cakes, donuts, and cookies. VG's delivered everything and it was all beautiful and delicious. At the appointment I brought in pictures of what I wanted my cake to look like and was able to try all the flavors. Everyone loved my cake and the donuts were a hit.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Chelsea · Married on 08/02/2014

YUM! VG's Donuts was the best decisions I could've made for my wedding cakes. We did 3 cakes that were each styled differently. Not only is VGs the most affordable wedding cake you will find in north county, but it is one of the most delicious as well. My guests were OBSESSED with the carrot cake! I will recommend VGs to everyone who is looking for cakes, and I will not go anywhere else for cakes as long as I live in the area :)

Sent on 08/07/2014

We got a small cake and a mix of desserts from VGs. Everything was amazing! And at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/18/2014

Our wedding cake came with our package deal through The Crossings at Carlsbad. The cake was very delicious. We did a tier of carrot (our favorite), another tier of chocolate with fresh strawberries and bavarian cream, and the top layer was red velvet. I'm not usually a cake person but VGs is delicious. I worked with Jess to get my order in and she was great to work with. Instead of saving your top layer of cake, VGs will send you a new one on your one year anniversary. Pretty great deal if you ask me!

Sent on 08/01/2014

I've gone to VGs to get donuts since I was a little kid and I've been fortunate enough to have had some of their cakes before too, so when it came time to get my wedding cake, I knew it had to be VGs. I didn't even look anywhere else.

We scheduled an appointment and since I was long distance ( I live in the Bay Area but got married in Carlsbad) I was able to email in some forms they needed. There was one scheduling snaffoo with a new, young employee regarding my consultation when I picked up the 3 free sample cakes, but it all ended up working out fine. And yes, I said it, 3 free cakes that have about 10 slices per cake! I'm glad I was visiting family to share the joy of tasting the cakes.

When it came time to order and place the design of the cake I met with Jess who is super nice and picked out a nice simple design. I asked to add succulents but she let me know they can only add edible decorations, but it wasn't a big deal. When they delivered it I actually was waiting before the ceremony and popped some succulents on it myself! It was perfect!

Best part is, the cake was so good it was completely demolished! Exactly what I wanted, guests to actually like the wedding cake and eat it all!!!! I had white cake with fresh strawberry filling-- THE BEST-- and chocolate cake with Oreo filling-- fantastic also!!! Everyone said it was good! I can't wait for my one year anniversary to get a free cake instead of freezing the top layer

Sent on 09/13/2014

Lindsey · Married on 04/12/2014

VG's made our wedding cake for our April 12th wedding and not only was the Strawberry Bavarian Creme to die for, the design of the cake was beautiful and exactly like I had asked for. Jess and the VG team were so great to work with and made the wedding cake process easy and enjoyable.

Sent on 05/10/2014

We ordered our wedding cake from VG Donuts, it was the most delicious cake I have ever tasted! The price was very affordable too.

Sent on 09/30/2014

VG Bakery is simply amazing. The cake tasting experience was fantastic (two 6" round cakes for free, $5 for each after that). Working with Jess is easy. She returns email more easily early in the morning. The cake arrived at our Temecula wedding on time and was super yummy. I highly recommend using VG if you want a drama-free vendor that provides great quality and service.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Jim and Esther · Married on 10/20/2013

Great job VG's! Our multi-tiered cake was delish and looked fantastic! Delivered as promised and what a deal! J&E

Sent on 10/22/2013

Lisa · Married on 10/05/2013

Amazing cakes! VGs goes above and beyond. We were very happy with our cake and the best part is on our anniversary they make you the top of your cake so you can have a fresh one. We just got married and we can't wait for in a year we will get to enjoy their yummy dessert again. Also extremely well priced.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Tom · Married on 09/14/2013

VGs makes the whole process of buying a wedding cake fun, easy and stress-free. Their pricing was better than the other companies we looked at. they were more flexible, the cakes were tastier and staff more friendly. I will use VGs again and again.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Kayla · Married on 06/30/2013

I used VG for my own wedding as well as weddings I have coordinated. The cakes taste amazing and the look great. The staff is very professional and ready to help.I also love that they provide a free cake on your 1st anniversary! I will continue to recommend their services to my clients.

Sent on 12/16/2015