Vermont Symphony Orchestra Reviews

5 | Burlington, VT

5 Reviews for Vermont Symphony Orchestra

We hired a brilliant VSO trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They played beautifully and made the event so incredibly special. We felt so lucky to have them as part of our big day, and recommend them most highly.

Laurie · Married on 06/10/2012

The VSO was amazing to work with. With their contract they also provided a list of standard music that they play at weddings, but my fiance wanted to go a more non-traditional route. We emailed back and forth with our song selections and after providing the sheet music, they agreed to play the music we selected. They did a wonderful job and after the wedding they actually thanked us for providing them with a unique wedding where they were finally able to play music that challenged them.

Jaeda · Married on 04/28/2007

Rebecca, the ensemble coordinator, was really great and helpful while starting the process and deciding what sort of music I wanted (string quartet, trio, any sort of duet, etc.). We decided to go with a Harpist, Heidi, for the reception and the cocktail hour. Heidi was great with listening to our music taste and deciding what to play for the cocktail hour. While trying to narrow down our ceremony music, Heidi invited us to her house where she played many different songs and suggested different pieces based on our music taste, at no extra charge. Even though she ran into some car trouble on the way to our wedding, Heidi and her harp made it there on time and gave a spectacular performance!

Meghann · Married on 10/13/2012

We were so happy that we found out that the VSO will send out their musicians to play private events like our ceremony. They added just the right touch of elegance and sophistication to our event, and we knew we could trust them to be professional. So easy to coordinate -- really, the only thing that did not cause me even a moment of stress through the whole planning process. We also compared prices and realized that they were competitively priced in the area... and for VSO musicians! So glad we decided to hire them for our traditional but magical ceremony in Woodstock.

Molly · Married on 06/02/2018

VSO provided live music for our wedding ceremony, and they did a beautiful job. I only took off a few points because at the end of our ceremony, it took them until my husband and I were standing at the altar for a minute, then walked halfway down the aisle for them to start playing our recessional. Absolutely beautiful music and quality, but I don't know if maybe someone wasn't paying attention to get the cue that it was the end of the ceremony? Nevertheless, would hire again!!